Football Manager 2021

We’re delighted to reveal that Football Manager 2021 (PC/Mac) will launch on Steam and the Epic Games Store on November 24th.
Fans who pre-order FM21 from a participating digital retailer* will receive a 10% discount and access to the pre-release Early Access version of the game, which will be available approximately two weeks before full release. As in previous years, those who buy the game through Steam (and now Epic Games) will also receive Football Manager 2021 Touch (PC/Mac) for free.

Football Manager also returns to Xbox for the first time since 2007 with Football Manager 2021 Xbox Edition.
The game has been tailored for the best console experience and can also be played on any Windows 10 PC thanks to Microsoft’s Play Anywhere technology.

Full release details for Football Manager 2021 Touch (iOS and Android) and Football Manager 2021 Mobile (iOS and Android) are coming soon, while Football Manager 2021 Touch for Nintendo Switch is expected to complete the line-up in December.

Check back here for the latest news and follow our social media channels for further updates and feature information for all platforms.

* Early Access is available from SEGA approved digital retailers only. Please check to see if the store you’re purchasing from is participating in the offer.

I am sure they will announce New Features at some point.
But I hate player conversations and media on the game, as after 3 press conferences it is just the same questions.

They also stated they were really affected by Covid this year, so I don't know what to expect.

I am always happy to give them my money though, as I don't think, I have played one game for longer in my life than Football Manager - Been playing since the original Championship Manager and bought every version since.

I am sure they will announce New Features at some point.
But I hate player conversations and media on the game, as after 3 press conferences it is just the same questions.

They also stated they were really affected by Covid this year, so I don't know what to expect.
I read the Covid statement too. Very honest of them to admit they've struggled a little bit and that the feature list will be shorter as a result.

But, looking at that video, icons have changed, wording has changed, and the match engine lighting is better.

Nothing new tempting me into buying this, and it could even end up included in Game Pass so I'll hold off and maybe give it a go of that happens, otherwise I'm happy to go without.

Nothing new tempting me into buying this, and it could even end up included in Game Pass so I'll hold off and maybe give it a go of that happens, otherwise I'm happy to go without.
Good shout, I totally forgot about Game Pass. I've signed up to it and without having the new Xbox, I keep forgetting I have it...

Sounds like they are trying their hardest to make the conversation screens have purpose.
However for me it is the worse part of the game and I hate doing Press Conference, player chats and all that sort of stuff.

I should probably move onto Touch, as I just like buying players and picking my team and going through matches.

Football Manager

DEFENSIVE AWARENESS

One of the most impressive examples of the improvements to player decision-making is Marking in FM21. With the improved decision-making, defenders can now react more

intelligently to attacking movement and can pass their marking duties on to another defender while they move to close down another player as the attack unfolds. This will occur in both open play and during set-pieces.

Defensive lines will also behave more like a single unit, working together to disrupt opposition attacks and isolate potential threats. Defenders will jockey players and prevent attackers from dribbling more often too as they look to make it much harder for attackers to move into dangerous areas. Defenders are now more adaptive when facing long balls forward and will contest aerial battles more frequently in these situations to try to avoid being left exposed by a flick-on or outnumbered during a direct counter-attack.

Link: https://www.footballmanager.com/news/match-engine-ai-fm21

Beta is due for release today..

I will update the graphics and fix files tomorrow morning, when they become available.
As obviously Juventus are not in the game this year, without doing the fixes required.

Graphics the megapacks for 2021 have already been released and these will be available first thing tomorrow morning.
Kits will be updated as well, although at the moment doesn't seem to be any major updates or changes.

So it appears the licensing fix does not work on the BETA of FM, without loads of manual editing.

The files are being uploaded now, so will update the link for graphics when that is completed.

Sounds like they are trying their hardest to make the conversation screens have purpose.
However for me it is the worse part of the game and I hate doing Press Conference, player chats and all that sort of stuff.

Totally agree. This is one of the things that has stopped me buying the game the last 2-3 versions. It just seems so 'gamey'. The principle behind the idea is good but it just turns into a press this for this reaction, press that for that reaction and also seems to have way too much effect with pre and half time team talks. It's as if it's a case of guess the right thing to say at half time and you can come from behind to win, get it wrong and you can throw away a 3-0 lead. Tactics seemed to have no bearing on it, piss your players off at half time and that's you done.

Now this is the kind of half time team talk option we need :LOL:

Last edited:
Totally agree. This is one of the things that has stopped me buying the game the last 2-3 versions. It just seems so 'gamey'. The principle behind the idea is good but it just turns into a press this for this reaction, press that for that reaction and also seems to have way too much effect with pre and half time team talks. It's as if it's a case of guess the right thing to say at half time and you can come from behind to win, get it wrong and you can throw away a 3-0 lead. Tactics seemed to have no bearing on it, piss your players off at half time and that's you done.

Now this is the kind of half time team talk option we need :LOL:

Half time talks, I personally have no problem with.
I read a tactical guide about 3/4 years ago and it had a good incite on team talks.
Basically you have to be Alex Ferguson, always be angry if losing telling your players it ain't good enough, if your winning be assertive and tell them if they fuck up your going to lynch the lot of them.

If you be cautious or normal your showing no passion and tell them everything is going good, then they all lose interest in the 2nd half.
Be Sir Alex and you shall win.

@bsmaff Helpful to know. Thing is if that's correct then that just highlights how pointless it all is then, that's pretty much saying that essentially if you say the right thing at half time the team will play great second half regardless of any tactical input you may or may not make.

@bsmaff Helpful to know. Thing is if that's correct then that just highlights how pointless it all is then, that's pretty much saying that essentially if you say the right thing at half time the team will play great second half regardless of any tactical input you may or may not make.

No team talks play only about 10-20% of the bearing on the outcome of the game, but can be 40% at half time if your just losing or just winning.
Tactics play about 30-40% of the outcome of the game.

How good your team is plays about 60-70% of the outcome of the game, but obviously you can do a giant killing if there isn't much between the teams and you get your tactics right.
If there is only about 25% difference in the quality of teams on the game then you can cause an upset, that number can be as high as 60% if your at home.
So if your in L2 you can upset a Championship side at home, if you get everything right.. However you have very little chance of beating a Prem team.

I love FM, yes it has maybe got too over complicated the past 5 years, but there are no other management games, and if you don't want the depth of FM, you have FM Touch which is a near perfect game for a casual gamer.

so FM 21 was released today. Has anyone tried it so far? Got a lot of positive reviews due to being the best match engine for some time but hoping someone here knows more about it. Also how is the UI?

so FM 21 was released today. Has anyone tried it so far? Got a lot of positive reviews due to being the best match engine for some time but hoping someone here knows more about it. Also how is the UI?

I have not got round to playing it yet, as I normally wait a few weeks after release due to the amount of patching that normally happens in the first few weeks.
They tweak the game engine quite a bit the first month, so if you find a good tactic at the beginning it will be useless by Christmas.

I have a mate though who has completed 3 seasons and clocked up 35+ hours, so he is enjoying it.

I noticed that there was an issue with the Player Faces upload yesterday.

So I re-uploaded the file - The good news is the file is now version 13.01 and Real Name Licensing Fix is now v1.2.

I will do the next update on the 1st December, however I doubt there will be anything new.

1st December Update

Graphics:-
Kits have been updated to 01/12/20 - There are alot of updates to the kits in the past week, including Serie A for the first time.
There is also a nice amount of new 3D kits so this is now worth another download.

Logos:-
Re-added the TCM Logos, as these have been updated for FM 2021.

Data Update 2020 ONLY:-
No new update for December as of yet, but will post when updated.

Licensing Fix:-
This has now been updated to V1.3 and is save game compatible, so you can update without harming your save game.
This file is *VITAL* without it, you will not have Juventus in game or the German National Team, along with other fixes to competition names and other fixes.

Anyone tried the console version if football manager yet xbox one /x series x/s

It doesn't look like anyone has, so I would look for reviews online.

The only thing I would say about it is:
Would expect it to be identical to the PC version, except you can't add any of the additional graphics and mod the game to add Juventus, Germany National Team and several other players missing from the game.
If the above is true then, it pretty much kills the immersion for me, and I would only ever play it, if I didn't have a PC of any kind.

Back
Top Bottom