Football Manager 2021

I've always wanted to give FM a go online - and @jaygrim is a massive letdown.

Is there somewhere you can go to try and find someone to play with, or a league to join maybe? Any recommendations?

I have tried with a friend a couple of times, but normally a let down.
We did a fantasy draft once, but it wasn't great and took ages to do your team.

Then I started a saved game and got to the point of the Euros, where you had to name your squad, but we both never arranged a time to do it.
Both have kids and stuff - So difficult to get about 2-3 hours together to do the tournament together.

I have always wanted to do a tournament with a couple of people, as would think it would be quite a fun thing to do.

JULY UPDATE:-

Data Update - 15/07/21
Faces v13.11
Metallic Logos v7
Steel Logos v4
Kits - 15/07/21 (Don't download - Only contains 3 lower leagues for Holland)

Uploaded latest Data Update to OneDrive - Although with 3 holiday games down for a month - Messi always ends up at Barcelona.

I will start updating the other files, once the new season Kits become available.

can anyone please tell me if a player is sub par at training is there an option for me to tell him to train harder
You can publicly criticise the player for having a poor attitude in training, but I found that if a player has a poor attitude with training then they will never reach their potential.
So cut them loose and sell them at the next opportunity.

Uploaded 2 new databases:-

Current season update - 17/08/21
2001 - 2002 Database - This will change the game back to being based on the 2001/2002 season.

Last edited:
Transfer Deadline Update:-
New data update has been uploaded - I will upload another update on Friday.

Graphic Update:-
Faces - Both 13.12 and 13.13 have been uploaded (Do not download 13.13 if superstitious)
There are still no kit packs for 2021/22, once they become available, I will start adding.

I'd love to get invested with Football Manager, but I feel like I'd literally need an Adderall in order to make any headway. Seeing as I've never even taken one and the justification for it is flimsy at best, that's off the table...

The last time I spent any significant time with FM was in 2012. I love simulations, but sometimes I have difficulty having the sort of laser-focus required for them. Maybe I'll buy the dumbed-down Touch version in order to break through that initial hump and then move on to FM proper.

I'd love to get invested with Football Manager, but I feel like I'd literally need an Adderall in order to make any headway. Seeing as I've never even taken one and the justification for it is flimsy at best, that's off the table...

The last time I spent any significant time with FM was in 2012. I love simulations, but sometimes I have difficulty having the sort of laser-focus required for them. Maybe I'll buy the dumbed-down Touch version in order to break through that initial hump and then move on to FM proper.

Also... There's should be a second official update regarding transfers, in i don't know, June (as the game is often out pretty late why not?)
There's tons of leagues and clubs completely outdated. MLS is the best example.
And many American (south and north) clubs, Brasileirao, but also in Asia. And there's a lot of amateur update on FMScout website, but it very, very far to be as complete as FM.
I know they gives random values at each save for some youth etc. but at least there's a lot of Current ability (or Overall let's say) and Potential who are settled, and not randomly given by some editors.

Thanks for their work, but i even prefers to keep the original outdated DB if i start a game than mixed data with some leagues with transfers, some others without, it looks amateurish. But there's some mods who are fun or some added leagues too, needed and important (like J-league) even if not a single player got his set of stat done / only Current and Potential also for very well known players.
So you will get Shinji Nakamura in one save with an attacking midfielder who tries to shoot more and 5 in Sets piece stats, another with a more "pressing type" ect.
That wouldn't be the case if it was an FM update. At least well know or average players would have not all but some stats rated regarding at least weakness and strenghtness. (Note like i said below about "random sets given" if you're a tiny bit familiar with the pre game editor : some stats are rated, some aren't, replaced by a "0" meaning "we don't know/not sure/not time to check" from scouts)

Also... There's should be a second official update regarding transfers, in i don't know, June (as the game is often out pretty late why not?)
There's tons of leagues and clubs completely outdated. MLS is the best example.
And many American (south and north) clubs, Brasileirao, but also in Asia. And there's a lot of amateur update on FMScout website, but it very, very far to be as complete as FM.
I know they gives random values at each save for some youth etc. but at least there's a lot of Current ability (or Overall let's say) and Potential who are settled, and not randomly given by some editors.

Thanks for their work, but i even prefers to keep the original outdated DB if i start a game than mixed data with some leagues with transfers, some others without, it looks amateurish. But there's some mods who are fun or some added leagues too, needed and important (like J-league) even if not a single player got his set of stat done / only Current and Potential also for very well known players.
So you will get Shinji Nakamura in one save with an attacking midfielder who tries to shoot more and 5 in Sets piece stats, another with a more "pressing type" ect.
That wouldn't be the case if it was an FM update. At least well know or average players would have not all but some stats rated regarding at least weakness and strenghtness. (Note like i said below about "random sets given" if you're a tiny bit familiar with the pre game editor : some stats are rated, some aren't, replaced by a "0" meaning "we don't know/not

They wouldn’t do this.
They need to sell copies of the new game + they know, there is a number of community data updates available to download.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...nager-2022-launches-day-one-on-xbox-game-pass

Football Manager 2022 launches day one on Xbox Game Pass, Microsoft has announced.
I have Game Pass and it is such a shame that you can’t mod the Game Pass version.
FM without the graphical addons just loses all the immersion for me, it just feels wrong and only half a game.

Like playing F1 but with none of the tracks or cars having liveries.

So I will be buying it on Steam, well through SortitoutSI, as they give discount on the game and membership to their site when bought together.
I refuse to buy from CDKeys, as SI deserve my money for given me more than 200 hours of fun a year for the last 25 years of my life.

They wouldn’t do this.
They need to sell copies of the new game + they know, there is a number of community data updates available to download.

Yes but not close to their own level. That's what i mean, it's amateurish in comparison. Just having MLS and Brasileirao completely out to date... Well Brasileirao is special (but it's a completely different system than the player representation including faces etc. in both PES and Fifa) so there would be the only one to up to date it, but MLS, and Asian like K-League, A-league etc...

No i don't agree. I checked myself on FM scout with the pre-game editor : except rules, stats are all "0" from their creations even the mosts known players got random given stats, i don't like it at all. To me, they should, their game is out on November. PES and Fifa always updated until June, same as tons of managers and Mobile football game. It's much more professionnal coming from SIS/Sega.

Yes but not close to their own level. That's what i mean, it's amateurish in comparison. Just having MLS and Brasileirao completely out to date... Well Brasileirao is special (but it's a completely different system than the player representation including faces etc. in both PES and Fifa) so there would be the only one to up to date it, but MLS, and Asian like K-League, A-league etc...

No i don't agree. I checked myself on FM scout with the pre-game editor : except rules, stats are all "0" from their creations even the mosts known players got random given stats, i don't like it at all. To me, they should, their game is out on November. PES and Fifa always updated until June, same as tons of managers and Mobile football game. It's much more professionnal coming from SIS/Sega.

They are mainly just transfer yes, but some of them change the ability and potential of players.

I have Game Pass and it is such a shame that you can’t mod the Game Pass version.
FM without the graphical addons just loses all the immersion for me, it just feels wrong and only half a game.

Like playing F1 but with none of the tracks or cars having liveries.

So I will be buying it on Steam, well through SortitoutSI, as they give discount on the game and membership to their site when bought together.
I refuse to buy from CDKeys, as SI deserve my money for given me more than 200 hours of fun a year for the last 25 years of my life.

Yes, it's harder to mod, the main problem is license fix, it's hard but it's possible to install. The graphics this year worked well as in steam. The pregame editor isn't available also.

But for those who don't have much time to invest in the game it's still playable and enough. Good move from Microsoft.

Didn't know there was a thread for FM21! FM16 was my first one and since then I've been obsessed with them. I was reading some posts that were sent before I wrote this and yeah, playing online isn't really the best. If someone for some reason gets lagged for a few seconds it can mess up everything. Drafts, as said by @bsmaff, takes ages to do if you're playing with someone who wasn't played much FM.

I would love to play an online save with friends but sadly they are FIFA players, so they don't get any excitement by taking 4 years to try to qualify for the World Cup!

I have tried a fantasy draft with a friend and we played the game for over an hour and got absolutely no where.
Then we were planning to do a European Championship, as I have a saved game which has been forwarded in time so that it is on the date you have to announce your preliminary squads.
However it never happened, but if anyone is interested we can try and arrange something on EvoWeb and have a European Championship with some of the members in here, but arranging a time and date would probably be very difficult.

I have tried a fantasy draft with a friend and we played the game for over an hour and got absolutely no where.
Then we were planning to do a European Championship, as I have a saved game which has been forwarded in time so that it is on the date you have to announce your preliminary squads.
However it never happened, but if anyone is interested we can try and arrange something on EvoWeb and have a European Championship with some of the members in here, but arranging a time and date would probably be very difficult.
I would love to participate if something similar happens!
A local FM streamer (Chile), Don Scruffy, is hosting an FM Cup with 128 participants, including content creators. It's called the Ben Brereton Cup (if you know about the story of him playing for us then you get why that's the name :LMAO: If someone is up to create a full Evo-Web Cup, that would be awesome.

Football Manager 22 is being released on 9th November.
Therefore, I will release one last data update for the game on the 1st November, but there will be no more graphics and these will be updated only in the FM22 thread.
The graphics for FM22, should be backwards compatible with FM21.

Small update to the kits till the end of the month.

I have added all available 3D Kits and also added some FC12 kit template kits for the major leagues which are currently missing.

As stated there will be one last update for this version of FM on the 1st November.
Then I will only update the FM22 thread.

As for FM22 there will be an update to that forum on the day the BETA comes out, as the licensing fix is probably the most important file for FM.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom