Football Manager 2009

Have been playing this for the last couple of weeks since im injured atm and can't practice = lots of spare time.
Im coaching Benfica, nice starting squad, more then enough to win the league and the cups im in, but far from good in the CL matches.
Im about to start the 2010/2011 season, with 2 league titles, 3 cups won, and 1 knockout phase and quarter final finishes in the Champions League.
Im now going for he win in the CL, thats my primary objective right now, the rest i just have more then enough strenght to win easily. And this season i started to concentrate my forces a lot more into the S19 team, in terms of tactics, training, needs, so that when they grow up and get to the first team (not only they all are first team players that i bought/my academy promoted) they already have a clue of what i expect them to do, specially on training.
I will post my current squad tomo, cous i don't have time now. Going to keep this season updated, for both teams. =]

omg injuries are starting again! It has to be either the trainings or the game itself, cous this is just astronomical! Just like last year when i had only 17/19 players to chose from...

fm09.png

THE BOTTOM AT CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE

I was bored of FM so I thought I'd try a challenge and see if anyone else wanted a go and see how we all got on.

Everyone knows that the team that's bottom at Christmas usually goes down. Well it's not quite Christmas (early December) but while I was holidaying through the first season to reach Xmas, Bolton, who were bottom, sacked Gary Megson. Your job is to take the reigns and guide them to safety before building on that the following season.

January is approaching giving you a chance to add to the squad (the squads are the same as they were from the start of the game) so you have the opportunity to bring in anyone you think will make a difference and ship out the deadwood.

Rules
  • You must choose only Bolton
  • You must choose your real nationality
  • You must choose 'Professional Footballer' as your past experience

The table looks like this
tableu.png

It's on the 9.3 patch with 'large' database loaded. Just download the save and put it in 'games' folder within > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2009 folder in 'documents'.

Enjoy.:COOL:

DOWNLOAD SAVE GAME

Last edited:
You're a legend Jumbo, I will definately be doing this when I am on sabbatical in a short time :)).

I might give this a go as well, spices up FM a bit because i cant get into it these days

I'm up for the challenge.
I will start it right away with bolton, hope i can win the prem or at least get a CL spot.

You have to download the save game file Neo so you start bottom and have to avoid relegation in the first season not win the league :LOL:

Yeah, i forgot about that part. lol I normally start with a team and my first task is to win the league and get the CL spot, thats why i typed that. Sry for the mistake.
Bolton has lots of trash in their squad, it will take some time to improve their training/trainers, tactics, mentality and most importantly their position.

Quick question, please answer ASAP!

Chelsea made a bid of 14.4M for Trezeguet should i sell him or keep him? Im almost certainly going to substitute him for Cardozo from Benfica (i already gave him a contract deal, im going o buy him for 6M) but i don't know if 14.4M is worth it or if chelsea will eventually bid higher..
Btw i just started with Juve, and i haven't even done a game with them.

Ok let's get this thread moving again. I am in Feb of 2015 and I have just advanced to the 6th round of the FA Cup. I am currently 8th in the league. Top half of the league table looks like this:
1. Tottenham 59
2. Liverpool 58
3. Man City 58
4. Watford 42
5. Chelsea 40
6. Man Utd 39
7. Portsmouth 39
8. Fulham 38 (my team)
9. Arsenal 36
10.Newcastle 35

Looks like the top 3 have pulled clear and I am fighting for a Europa Qual/Uefa Cup spot. I missed out on Europe last season so I really need to get back into it. You might be wondering whats going on with Watford. Well they had a tycoon take over a couple of years ago and they brought some nice players in.

Ok let's get this thread moving again. I am in Feb of 2015 and I have just advanced to the 6th round of the FA Cup. I am currently 8th in the league. Top half of the league table looks like this:
1. Tottenham 59
2. Liverpool 58
3. Man City 58
4. Watford 42
5. Chelsea 40
6. Man Utd 39
7. Portsmouth 39
8. Fulham 38 (my team)
9. Arsenal 36
10.Newcastle 35

Looks like the top 3 have pulled clear and I am fighting for a Europa Qual/Uefa Cup spot. I missed out on Europe last season so I really need to get back into it. You might be wondering whats going on with Watford. Well they had a tycoon take over a couple of years ago and they brought some nice players in.

Arsenal 9th??!!!! Pfff!!!

Wow Watford! That's awesome :)). Hopefully that will happen to Charlton in real life... :WHISTLE:.

I have just started Jumbo's Bottom @ Xmas Challenge, so I'm Bolton. Yet to play my first match....

An update on how things have been going today. I am currently at march 09, 2015.
Top half of league table:
1. Man City 64
2. Tottenham 61
3. Liverpool 60
4. Chelsea 46
5. Watford 44
6. Man Utd 43
7. Fulham 42 (me)
8. Portsmouth 41
9. Arsenal 40
10. Newcastle 39

I beat Arsenal in the 6th Round of the FA Cup. So I am now in the Semi's. Not sure who I am playing but the other teams left are Watford and Portsmouth. Surprisingly Chelsea has to play a replay with Championship side Stoke. And the match will be at Stoke (Come on Stoke).

P3 W1 L2 for me as Bolton so far. I don't honestly think I'll keep them up. But it could be good if I don't get sacked at he end of the season and manage them in the Championship.

Same here Tim. Lost 3-1 to Pompey, beat Newcastle 2-1, then lost 3-1 to City. I scored the first goal against City and Pompey but then my team just can't close down properly.

End of the season league table:
1. Man City
2. Liverpool
3. Tottenham
4. Arsenal
5. Fulham (me)
6. Portsmouth
7. Newcastle
8. Man Utd
9. Chelsea
10. Watford

Arsenal and I finished on the same amount of points but they had 3 better in goal differential.
Coventry, Reading and West Ham were relegated.

So I have made the Uefa Cup and I have the FA Cup final coming up against Watford. I beat Arsenal and Chelsea to make it to the final.

Wow, serious hats off to Becanes. That's an awesome achievement, and to miss out on Champions League by goal difference!

:WORSHIP: :SAL: :APPLAUD:

Back
Top Bottom