Football Clips & Pics!

In a similar vein, I've just seen this goal for the first time and I don't understand how there can ever be a better goal. Unreal.

That's another 'Champions League goal you'd never stop seeing if Real Madrid or Juventus scored it' classic.

See:

Great talking head contribution from Andy 'just seen the goal for the first time but pretend you remember it well' Townsend too.

Found this quite amusing and clever.

BB4-EA394-3101-440-D-81-EB-2-FA455-C2-CD87.jpg

I hope this is the right thread to post this, but anyway...

When you hear "The Unlucky Goalkeeper", you probably remember that goalkeeper who saved a penalty and went to dedicate that save to the fans, just seconds later the balls kept rolling to the net... Right, that was Khalid Askri, a Moroccan footballer who - at the time - was the goalkeeper of the team I support ASFAR. This penalty was a Throne Cup knockout against (not our fiercest rivals, but the fans reallllly hate each other) MAS Fès.

Well, if you're wondering is that enough to make him regarded as The Unlucky Goalkeeper (If you ignore Freiburg captain Oliver Baumann)? No, and after almost 12 years I am here to tell you why. Just weeks later after the first mistake, in a league game against KAC Kénitra, the defenders lets the ball go to Khalid, Khalid tries to control the ball and pass it, Bilal Biat KAC's center forward, launches in a successful tackles forcing Askri to leave the take of his shirt and leave the pitch in probably the weirdest moment of Moroccan football. Mistakes like this are easy forgivable but the impact on the teams performance is hard to swallow as this period was the beginning of a series of bad performances and results from out team. Khalid Askri after this mistake would disappear (some say he went to pilgrimage in Mecca, possible but I'm not sure) and then joined CRA Al-Hoceima on loan in the next season, before stabbing us in the back by joining Raja Casablanca on loan with an option to buy with whom he would play the Club World Cup after what we call here "The Shameful Season" where Raja undeservedly won the league.

Here is the second mistake video: If the video doesn't show, click here to be redirected to Facebook Watch

After 5 years of renovations, Kenitra AC (who are sadly currently playing in the Amateur Botola1) have finally opened their stadium, and the opening game was the Rabat Derby between ASFAR and FUS. Here are the atmospheres:

Well i don't know how conservative i am, or iv'e been, but i would put this situation in "teasing" or "anti-sportsmanship"... It's a little bit exaggarated, and it's a school team, but for me it's in the same category of doing extremelly flexing dribbles and tricks with no context.

Not to mention the outcome of the free kick in the first part of the clip.... :FAIL:

I mean, if Verrati is booked for this, then...

Or as it's called "Showboating"

I know it sounds controversial and very subjective as a booking, but...

As i am manager of Team USA in my ML save in PES 2020, i made a fast check on Youtube to see how USNMT in doing at the moment.

Their current Home Strip looks awfulll this year, their earlier kits were much better. But i cannot avoid to give credit to the old school nets of the stadium the match below took place. It really gives me 90's vibes, of my childhood football, both watching and playing. I loved those nets.

I recall that they were considered more dangerous for athletes health, and especially Goalkeepers if they were to collide with the goal posts, but they really look retro-cult :)

Untitled.jpg

Back
Top Bottom