Football Clips & Pics!

Oh! What a heartbreaking moment! :(
I wouldn't see that too doggedly. 😬🤭

edit: maybe this joke only count in german.
So, some german lesson. dogged = verbissen, verbissen is near to beissen. Beissen = bite.
nelson-haha.gif

Last edited:
God bless Shunsuke Nakamura and the J-League. 🥰

Btw, I always try to sign Nakamura for my MLs because of his ridiculous free kick stats. You can just have him in the team and put him when there's a free kick lol

I also like to play older football games like Winning Eleven, Football Kingdom and up to PES 2011 just because of the legendary squads Japan had around that time.

@Flipper the Priest I was just thinking, given it's the same old sacked managers that go round and round, they might as well give him the job, he probably wouldn't do any worse.

I often wonder how these manager interviews go. So, let's see, you've got four clubs relegated before and have won no silverware at all and have generally achieved nothing at all. That's great, I'd like to offer you the job.

Shame i do not know italian and there are not english subtitles for this diamond "podcast' of Bobo Vieri. I am just staring!!!! :(

Who made these Inter kits, Gucci or Dolce Gabana? :WOOT::LOL:

Nice to see Vecino is back.

This could honestly be the best goal I've ever seen :SHOCK: What audacity to even try it.

Also just wanted to leave this here..

His old man would be so proud. Football could always do with another Hagi !

It's right up there for me too. There's always an element of hit and hope with those shots, but that was the part of the goal to aim for so I like to think he meant it. Imagine Pele had scored that? We'd never see the end of it. Although I understand Pele scored about 10 goals like that a season (source: Pele).

Hagi's goal was average. Got the break of the ball, toe poke, plays for Rangers. Anyone can do that. 😄

@Joga Nice. Bit to go to be up there with his dad though, what a great player he was.

@Flipper the Priest I'd never seen that before either! Love those goals where they could try that all day long in training and never score it and then it comes off that one time during a match.

Wow! I didn't even know there was a second Hagi? And plus, he was born in Turkey? Wow.... This is really interesting.
Romanian Football must make a comeback. I really miss them in the international stage, they were definitely one of my favorite European teams. Something about them seem very cool to me, just like Croatia.

Now that we're talking about classic goals, take a look at this gem from my early childhood idol, Carlos "La Gambeta" Estrada, from my Millonarios against none other than our biggest rivals haha. :LOL: The funny part is that this clip was posted by one of their supporters and it says "the most beautiful goal ever scored against my Atletico Nacional". LOL. GOLAZO. :COOL:

Wow! I didn't even know there was a second Hagi? And plus, he was born in Turkey? Wow.... This is really interesting.
Romanian Football must make a comeback. I really miss them in the international stage, they were definitely one of my favorite European teams. Something about them seem very cool to me, just like Croatia.

Now that we're talking about classic goals, take a look at this gem from my early childhood idol, Carlos "La Gambeta" Estrada, from my Millonarios against none other than our biggest rivals haha. :LOL: The funny part is that this clip was posted by one of their supporters and it says "the most beautiful goal ever scored against my Atletico Nacional". LOL. GOLAZO. :COOL:

Ianis Hagi, born in Istanbul. He pretty much grew up @ the old Ali Sami Yen stadium! He was on the sports/magazine TV shows at a young age, seen in training camps trying to get around Popescu, Korkmaz & Taffarel!

Everybody was wondering if he will actually be a footballer & maybe someday he might play for Galatasaray! .. Now he is too expensive for us! :LOL:

@mattmid Yeah he has a long way to go :)) Not even got the No. 10 yet !

@Flipper the Priest Pele was blatantly counting exhibition goals he scored with Santos & Cosmos :LOL:

@Joga What's the story behind Ianis Hagi bro? I know his father played and managed Galatasaray and is considered a legend at the club (as well as worldwide), but what is the story of Ianis? How come he was raised in Turkey? Does he consider himself more Romanian or Turkish? I'd love to hear more about it. :TU:

^ Uploader has not made this video available in your country :(

@millossobek I don't know alot, I'm just a fan watching from the other side of the world .. but Hagi was a true professional & a family man.
Ianis was born in October so I'm guessing it was mid-season, thus the whole family would've been in Istanbul.

I'm sure he doesn't consider himself Turkish, it's more about how much the Gala fans loved Gheorghe Hagi ..
He was the biggest "star" player we had ever seen, but there was no ego with him.

One time he was injured & couldn't train, so while he was wandering around the training facility, he saw an old man across the road struggling with like 5 bags of groceries so he decided to help. Some pictures were taken & this made big news in Turkey. Many were shocked that a millionare would be carrying bags for some nobody. When asked by a reporter later on, Hagi didn't see what all the fuss was about.. "I'm just a normal guy too, if I can't do my work because of injury, I will spend my time helping people where I can"

Things like this is why the Turkish people absolutely adore him & consider the whole family to be one of us! :DD

I'll leave one of my favourite "obscure" Hagi goals ! EDIT: that fake shot is straight out of a PES game :LOL:

^ Uploader has not made this video available in your country :(

@millossobek I don't know alot, I'm just a fan watching from the other side of the world .. but Hagi was a true professional & a family man.
Ianis was born in October so I'm guessing it was mid-season, thus the whole family would've been in Istanbul.

I'm sure he doesn't consider himself Turkish, it's more about how much the Gala fans loved Gheorghe Hagi ..
He was the biggest "star" player we had ever seen, but there was no ego with him.

One time he was injured & couldn't train, so while he was wandering around the training facility, he saw an old man across the road struggling with like 5 bags of groceries so he decided to help. Some pictures were taken & this made big news in Turkey. Many were shocked that a millionare would be carrying bags for some nobody. When asked by a reporter later on, Hagi didn't see what all the fuss was about.. "I'm just a normal guy too, if I can't do my work because of injury, I will spend my time helping people where I can"

Things like this is why the Turkish people absolutely adore him & consider the whole family to be one of us! :DD

I'll leave one of my favourite "obscure" Hagi goals ! EDIT: that fake shot is straight out of a PES game :LOL:

Maybe this:

It's an 'unofficial' video so might work

-----

I'm biased, but I don't think Ianis Hagi is as good as he's made out to be. He's been linked with £10-15m moves to Serie A but he should be worth half that at most. Potential to be an okay player in one of the bigger leagues and no more. When Aberdeen play Rangers he doesn't even cross my mind as someone to worry about.

@millossobek Lovely goal! If I'm not mistaken isn't that Rene Higuita in goal? I'd recognise those curls anywhere, that is if he's not doing a scorpion kick save :LOL:

@Flipper the Priest
I think the young Hagi was signed by Fiorentina (think, might have been someone else) fairly young but went back to the Romania to the team he started at (I think Hagi's own academy team?) so maybe they signed him on signs of talent and family name but he wasn't quite as good as they hoped? I would think your judgement is accurate on himand no offence to Scottish football meant but if he was anywhere near his dad's standard he wouldn't be at Rangers.

@mattmid lool yes that's Higuita, his reaction to "La Gambeta's" magic is priceless :LOL:
Needless to say, he is considered an idol by the "other team" looool but he's not one of my favorite players haha. (Bad memories against Roger Milla's Cameroon at the 1990 World Cup the first WC I actually remember).. I much prefer Oscar Cordoba, maybe you are familiar with him, oh and of course Sergio Goycochea, who played for us. :BSCARF: :)

Last edited:
Maybe this:

It's an 'unofficial' video so might work

-----

I'm biased, but I don't think Ianis Hagi is as good as he's made out to be. He's been linked with £10-15m moves to Serie A but he should be worth half that at most. Potential to be an okay player in one of the bigger leagues and no more. When Aberdeen play Rangers he doesn't even cross my mind as someone to worry about.

What an atmosphere! This is what it's about .. camera shaking from the fans :DD
McCoist's voice cracking at his age just shows how much it meant to him :LOL: Ya love to see it.

P.S "La Gambeta" did the seal dribble before Kerlon was even born lol

What an atmosphere! This is what it's about .. camera shaking from the fans :DD
McCoist's voice cracking at his age just shows how much it meant to him :LOL: Ya love to see it.

P.S "La Gambeta" did the seal dribble before Kerlon was even born lol

Yeah it looked amazing. Once upon a time I'd be there with a bus full of mates but times change. One pal was there with his kid and said it was as good an atmosphere as he's seen and heard.

I - like many Scottish people - hate Hampden, the national stadium. But when it's rocking, it's rocking.

I have never seen movement in a crowd like this ever before:

Yeah it looked amazing. Once upon a time I'd be there with a bus full of mates but times change. One pal was there with his kid and said it was as good an atmosphere as he's seen and heard.

I - like many Scottish people - hate Hampden, the national stadium. But when it's rocking, it's rocking.

I have never seen movement in a crowd like this ever before:

I don't remember this :WHISTLE:

@millossobek Ah yes I remember those two.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom