FIFA (All Versions) Career Mode Stories

Small Uruguay update on my Fifa 16 career.

So, Copa America came. I passed the group after three nice games, then I had Mexico in the quarters:

man.. simply heart breaking 😅 🥲. I hit a post, I save a penalty, they score anyway at 83 minute, I manage to grab a draw in the very last play.. only to lose after extra times and penalties. When I saw Brazil surprisingly out of the table, I tought it could have been my Copa America, but nope. This game can be brutal at times.

Anyway, fueled by this defeat, that's how I tackled the World Cup qualifiers that started just after:

View attachment 286596

I've even beaten Brazil, but they weren't at their best shape. Anyway, I had the contract renewed later in the season, so if I'll be able to build on this lead, I should get another much awaited shot at the WC. Speaking of which, can't wait to see how this guy I'm growing since Milan will do:

View attachment 286597

Trying to develop this guy as well in someone useful for the summer after this one, as I'd exactly need a CC/CDC for the draining 4-4-2 of Uruguay, but time is short, no idea if I'll be able to 😅

View attachment 286599

Anyway, that's one of the things I've been absolutely loving about Fifa careers, and in this one in particular. When I get some special guy out of the youth team that I can build some story on, it's almost like I'm getting a new, random old school ML default or something. There is something special in growing up a player from the youths to the point of bringing him to play a World Cup. I miss so much the ability to do something like this on a Pes!

As for Tottenham, I'll do another one when season will be over (shouldn't be long from now).
Noooooooooo WTF... No justice in football! That last minute equalizer from Gaston was super dramatic bro, after the furious scramble in the box (the Cavani header just defended out too)..... Saving a PK also.. The ball against the post from the long ranger.. If there was any justice in football, this would've been your night!!

But how some football philosophers have said.. "In football, the best team not always wins", that's what makes our dear sport dramatic, in some cases heartbreaking, in other cases exhilarating.. And the PK's man, that's just a complete crapshoot, I think especially in this case.. Guessing which way the ball or keeper will go.. Completely following the philosopher's thought.
I really really wanted to see your Uruguay move forward in the Copa América (especially because the RL Copa América is going on right now!!), but it wasn't meant to be this time bro.. But there is still more competitions to look forward to!! World Cup qualifying will probably start soon!! All I know is this.. This is a hugely likeable Uruguay team, with identity, passion, desire, and fighting spirit, and I know that there is still one more run under Ancellotti!!

So, finally ended my Fifa 16, Tottenham season.

Was a chaotic, but incredibly fun one. To pick up from where I left; I indeed just did a few transfers: except from the already bought Coutinho, brought in versatile forward Melano and iirc it was just that, as I already had a good, complete roster, full of champions and youngsters to develop. Also sent Kepa out to play on loan, as he was rightfully sad about doing bench to veteran Worm, who played exceptionally good for me (the spanish will be ready to be my number one next year as the latter will retire anyway in the end of the season).

Anyway, while in PL and in the other Cups I was keeping a good rythm.. Champions was an absolute NIGHTMARE. I was in a group with Zenit, Ajax and PSG.. did like a point in the first four games.. I think it was the most tainted, and hopeless experience I had on this game, in particular the matches against Ajax, who felt like I could absolutely do nothing both first, and second leg. Ended up simulating the last two games as I was already out.

That said, I managed to arrive in january still attached to the "important" group in PL; did some serious market movement, as I had (a bit regretfully) to sell Coutinho, as there was no way to really let him fit costantly in the scheme withouth pulling out Eriksen; sold Davies, and brought in Alex Sandro and Joe Gomez.

Being out of the Champions Cup, and making my youngsters and second lines playing the Cups, I could give it all on PL.. and it paid. Without unhappy players and tactical misunderstandings, team truly started to fly, and also thanks to Arsenal slowing down, and me beating them in a quite dramatic direct match.. I finally won my first League on Fifa 16 😀 :

(to tell the truth I won the title two games before, against City in Manchetser, but the game let me celebrate the title only on the very last one, which was this). Also did a nice FA Cup final against Manchester (won't spoil the result):

To say this team grew on me, is an understatement, especially from how disappointed I was of being sacked from Milan two seasons ago. I think it's the first time in a career, or even ML, I felt the need to do so little transfers from an year to another. From the defense on block (Worm was nominated the best player of the tournament, in a very nice way to retire), to my midfielders (in particular Kondongbia.. he truly develops in a monster in vanilla), my wingers Chadli, Lamela and Mane, to Eriksen and most, of all, Lukaku, the symbol of my team.. who, despite scoring 23 goals and carrying me to the title, still lost the top scorer title thanks to the CPU giving Sanchez an hat trick in the very last match 😤.. and to all the wonderful second lines like Melano, who played proficiently every, and I mean every advanced role, Mason, or former youth team Cruz and Alvares, who were always ready.. felt like I was coaching a real team🥲. I already did the market for the next season, and the only change was Kepa taking the goalkeeper spot, and some transfer out like Dany Rose or Dembele.. for the rest, the group will stay the same.

Speaking of the year to come, this will probably be the last one on this save, or at least in London, trying to end on a high note by leaving a mark on the Champions League, and the World Cup with Uruguay. But if some nice offer from Spain or France comes up, I might rethink it.. 😉

So, finally ended my Fifa 16, Tottenham season.

Was a chaotic, but incredibly fun one. To pick up from where I left; I indeed just did a few transfers: except from the already bought Coutinho, brought in versatile forward Melano and iirc it was just that, as I already had a good, complete roster, full of champions and youngsters to develop. Also sent Kepa out to play on loan, as he was rightfully sad about doing bench to veteran Worm, who played exceptionally good for me (the spanish will be ready to be my number one next year as the latter will retire anyway in the end of the season).

Anyway, while in PL and in the other Cups I was keeping a good rythm.. Champions was an absolute NIGHTMARE. I was in a group with Zenit, Ajax and PSG.. did like a point in the first four games.. I think it was the most tainted, and hopeless experience I had on this game, in particular the matches against Ajax, who felt like I could absolutely do nothing both first, and second leg. Ended up simulating the last two games as I was already out.

That said, I managed to arrive in january still attached to the "important" group in PL; did some serious market movement, as I had (a bit regretfully) to sell Coutinho, as there was no way to really let him fit costantly in the scheme withouth pulling out Eriksen; sold Davies, and brought in Alex Sandro and Joe Gomez.

Being out of the Champions Cup, and making my youngsters and second lines playing the Cups, I could give it all on PL.. and it paid. Without unhappy players and tactical misunderstandings, team truly started to fly, and also thanks to Arsenal slowing down, and me beating them in a quite dramatic direct match.. I finally won my first League on Fifa 16 😀 :

(to tell the truth I won the title two games before, against City in Manchetser, but the game let me celebrate the title only on the very last one, which was this). Also did a nice FA Cup final against Manchester (won't spoil the result):

To say this team grew on me, is an understatement, especially from how disappointed I was of being sacked from Milan two seasons ago. I think it's the first time in a career, or even ML, I felt the need to do so little transfers from an year to another. From the defense on block (Worm was nominated the best player of the tournament, in a very nice way to retire), to my midfielders (in particular Kondongbia.. he truly develops in a monster in vanilla), my wingers Chadli, Lamela and Mane, to Eriksen and most, of all, Lukaku, the symbol of my team.. who, despite scoring 23 goals and carrying me to the title, still lost the top scorer title thanks to the CPU giving Sanchez an hat trick in the very last match 😤.. and to all the wonderful second lines like Melano, who played proficiently every, and I mean every advanced role, Mason, or former youth team Cruz and Alvares, who were always ready.. felt like I was coaching a real team🥲. I already did the market for the next season, and the only change was Kepa taking the goalkeeper spot, and some transfer out like Dany Rose or Dembele.. for the rest, the group will stay the same.

Speaking of the year to come, this will probably be the last one on this save, or at least in London, trying to end on a high note by leaving a mark on the Champions League, and the World Cup with Uruguay. But if some nice offer from Spain or France comes up, I might rethink it.. 😉
What a better way to cap off this magical season, bro, than to win the FA Cup against United, the most storied team in English history?? I mean, you can honestly say that you have beaten the present and the past of English Football in this amazing run!! What a double, it really reminds me of my third Werder Bremen story!! It just gives you such a sense of accomplishment and domination when you are able to pull off the national duo!! I think what made it so amazing, bro, are the teams you were up against. It's like Ancellotti stared history in the eye, and said: I will take you on, no matter what the odds. He has proven himself a legend. It'll be SO interesting to see what happens next!!

And that 117th minute goal man.... What a couple of touches!! Kondogbia to Alderweireld to Chadli, and then finishing with the deft touch to the bottom left corner.. What an epic play!! This FA Cup will liive in the annals of Footballing lore, the drama and the storybook resolution.. Tottenham's most beautiful season ever, one that will live on in history, and those who witnessed it will tell their grandchildren that one day, Tottenham won the double, against all odds and against giants!!!!!! Congratulations bro!!!!!
face-blue-smiling

Last edited:
What a better way to cap off this magical season, bro, than to win the FA Cup against United, the most storied team in English history?? I mean, you can honestly say that you have beaten the present and the past of English Football in this amazing run!! What a double, it really reminds me of my third Werder Bremen story!! It just gives you such a sense of accomplishment and domination when you are able to pull off the national duo!! I think what made it so amazing, bro, are the teams you were up against. It's like Ancellotti stared history in the eye, and said: I will take you on, no matter what the odds. He has proven himself a legend. It'll be SO interesting to see what happens next!!

And that 117th minute goal man.... What a couple of touches!! Kondogbia to Alderweireld to Chadli, and then finishing with the deft touch to the bottom left corner.. What an epic play!! This FA Cup will liive in the annals of Footballing lore, the drama and the storybook resolution.. Tottenham's most beautiful season ever, one that will live on in the annals of footballing lore, and those who witnessed it will tell their grandchildren that one day, Tottenham won the double, against all odds and against giants!!!!!! Congratulations bro!!!!!
face-blue-smiling
Thanks mate! Ahaha that's true, it reminds me of your beloved Werder run as well. We'll see if I can close well :BSCARF: .

p.s. Lamela injured himself just before the last day of market for 7 months 😅.. tried a desperate, romantic return of Bale in those scarce 10 hours, but there was no way to buy him. Another challenge awaits 🙂

End of Season, and of the Tottenham experience:

Man, was another one to remember for sure. Started slow in the League, focusing all in the Champions Cup.. I passed the group with Galatasaray, Napoli and Spartak Mosca without too many worries this time, but with the decision to trust my original players group practically without making transfers, the severe Lamela's injury, and some other "middle" ones to others here and there, I inevitably gave up too much ground and in january I was like 13 points behind Arsenal.

However, after the mega comeback of Bale in the winter market, I pull myself on track. While I was eliminated quite soon from the National Cups, I recovered loads of points on the first one, while keeping my journey in Champions still alive, by passing Wolfsburg in the round of sixteen, eliminating Real Madrid in a quite epic double match.. and being sadly eliminated myself by the same Arsenal I'm battling in Premier in an harsh second leg, where they overturned the 2-1 victory I inflict them in the first:

Out of the primarty object, I desperately tried to get back to Arsenal, but losing a cursed home game against Norwich and drawing against United at Manchester, made me slide down 6 points from my rivals, and the direct bout in the penultimate game of the season, in which I ended up drawing what could have been an epic duel, almost useless.

Last match against Everton was good to keep the second place, hear one last time the beautiful "When the Spurs go marching in" (I'll miss it 🥲 ) and say goodbye to some three wonderful virtual seasons.

That said, my next, probably last destination will be France, where I joined Lille, as it was where I wanted Carlo to go, and they were the only team offering me a contract from there.. I accepted blindly as they asked me fighting for qualification in Champions Cup, so I thought they were at least decent, but once I arrived I realized the roster is so bad, I jut have a little less than 40 mln to spend on the market and putting togheter a competitive team sounds extremely tough.. so, in other words, already hyped to begin again 😂!

End of Season, and of the Tottenham experience:

Man, was another one to remember for sure. Started slow in the League, focusing all in the Champions Cup.. I passed the group with Galatasaray, Napoli and Spartak Mosca without too many worries this time, but with the decision to trust my original players group practically without making transfers, the severe Lamela's injury, and some other "middle" ones to others here and there, I inevitably gave up too much ground and in january I was like 13 points behind Arsenal.

However, after the mega comeback of Bale in the winter market, I pull myself on track. While I was eliminated quite soon from the National Cups, I recovered loads of points on the first one, while keeping my journey in Champions still alive, by passing Wolfsburg in the round of sixteen, eliminating Real Madrid in a quite epic double match.. and being sadly eliminated myself by the same Arsenal I'm battling in Premier in an harsh second leg, where they overturned the 2-1 victory I inflict them in the first:

Out of the primarty object, I desperately tried to get back to Arsenal, but losing a cursed home game against Norwich and drawing against United at Manchester, made me slide down 6 points from my rivals, and the direct bout in the penultimate game of the season, in which I ended up drawing what could have been an epic duel, almost useless.

Last match against Everton was good to keep the second place, hear one last time the beautiful "When the Spurs go marching in" (I'll miss it 🥲 ) and say goodbye to some three wonderful virtual seasons.

That said, my next, probably last destination will be France, where I joined Lille, as it was where I wanted Carlo to go, and they were the only team offering me a contract from there.. I accepted blindly as they asked me fighting for qualification in Champions Cup, so I thought they were at least decent, but once I arrived I realized the roster is so bad, I jut have a little less than 40 mln to spend on the market and putting togheter a competitive team sounds extremely tough.. so, in other words, already hyped to begin again 😂!
Goodbye, White Hart Lane! Thank you for the memories! What a great run by Ancellotti with Spurs.. Even though it ended in somewhat of a heartbreak, you can definitely say that Carlo's run with Spurs was a highly successful one!!
A Supercup win against Arsenal, Winning the double (Premier League and FA Cup) against two English Giants (what an accomplishment), and now the historic Champions League Run!!
I will remember Lukaku's performance in Bernabeu and Bale's game winner for a long, long time my friend.
But you know man, like we always say. The accomplishments and titles are great....... but even more important, is the journey, the adventure, the beating heart of football is the beating heart of our campaigns, the ups and downs, the trials and tribulations and successes and glory, and now I am 100% sure that you will continue your European journey in Lille, the Northernmost French city, probably full of rain and character!! :) :)
Congratulations on a beautiful adventure, mate, and I can't wait to see the next chapter.

face-blue-smiling

So, my (or rather, Ancelotti's) adventure in Lille immediately started tough, as the team was.. kinda underpowered, compared with the board's request to bring our side in Champions.

Best players I found here: surely expert keeper Enyeama, who is unfortunately menacing to retire at the end of the season, classy neo zeland/chilean winger Marco Rojas (who I also had the pleasure to coach in Heerenveen, in pes 2018), quality CMFs Araujo and Saleh Gomaa; others varies from good, like defensive jolly Pavard, FBs Sidibe and Corchia, box to box CMF Meite and FW Tallo, to the mass of average to bad players of the rest of the roster.

As for the market, tried to make the best of the 42 millions board gave me; brought in Ocampos for the right side of our 4-5-1 (that plays more as a 4-1-4-1) from Marseille rivals, and classic tall/phisycally strong forward in argentian Dinenno, hoping the replicate the Melano operation in London.

Then, I focused on bringing in a series of youth guys I was growing in Milan and Tottenham: first of all, uruguagian DMF/CMF Guardado, who is shaping up pretty well and will hopefully be one of the main protagonists of my upcoming Word Cup as well; Coopman, a giant, dominant CB; quality CMF/OMF in italian Michele Brosco, who was still in Milan after three seasons (he also has a good free kick, something lacking in this roster as of default). Also bought Nunez, who is another uruguagian ex youth DMF/CMF I had in Tottenham, unfortunately not as talented as Guardado, as he has good aggressivity, strength and stamina, but he's very lacking in practically everything else, especially ball control.. but he has kinda of an old school aesthetic with his short socks and I'll keep him around hoping he'll be useful somehow.

That said, after a rough start, I put myself on track and arrived to january at just three points from the fourth place. I'm still far from having what it takes to fight for the title, but nonetheless had some beautiful battles and a good, steady performance. It's also lovely to play with a weaker side after three years of my power house Tottenham, you can feel some serious, appropriate difference in the field.

Tallo and Dinenno are no Lukaku, but did a decent job in the forward all the same, equally dividing goals and starting position; Guardado was my midfiled leader and, togheter with Brosco and Coopman, is constantly growing. Although, as I said, it's by far the weakest teams out of the three I managed in this save, I feel like I'm expressing some really good football with the current 4-5-1 (even if it's even more stamina draining than already critical Uruguay's 4-4-2.. crazy, I always find myself often forced to sub now stamina 84 Guardado in the last quarter of the game, but the other CMFs aren't having it much easier 😅 )

As for the cups, I was eliminated in both national ones, against Monaco in the beginning of the season, and against Lyon just in january, after a very painful penalty kicks defeat; that led me to make a small revolution, selling Saleh Gomaa, and bringing in another ex youth (in Milan) of mine: Netherlands CC/COC Donny Apau, who despite lacking a bit in the mental part, developed some high level stats in dribbling, shooting and passing; as he has an overall of only 78, and was apparently a forever bencher in Chelsea, I had him in loan with an option to buy of just 9 mlns.

Already thinking about next years, wanted somehow to inspire myself to the Lille who won Ligue in 20/21, so by searching among the expiring contract players, I bought as my (hopefully) Yazici/Yilmaz, Calhanoglu from Newcastle (kinda realistic, as in this career Carlo already trained him in Milan, plus we are paying him some crazy sum) and FW Haller from Verona, who I can't wait to see next season (if I won't be sacked before, of course😂).

p.s. @millossobek I don't know if some kind of meteo variance per zone is ingrained in Fifa 16 or if it's just completely random.. but I'm having an incredible amount of Snow matches here in Lille 😅 like at least three times compared with Italy or England.

@Madmac79 Nice and thorough recount bro! :TU: I especially like the fact that you are bringing your youth academy players from Milan and Tottenham! This is very realistic, as some managers have their favorite youngsters and players and so when they switch clubs, they bring their favorites with them! A great example of this is Millos' coach Gamero, who has his famous "El Kinder de Gamero" heheh, and has brought youngsters from other teams to Millos!

In terms of Lille, man I think it is equally (if not more) fun and exciting to build a medium team to prominence vs inheriting a contender! :) Having to keep an eye on finances too, I've noticed that FIFA is much more strict in terms of finances than PES! It's much harder to score in the transfer market, and the board is much tougher (and I would say realistic)! No need to create "self-imposed transfer rules" in Career Mode. :LOL:

Good luck to Guardado, Nuñez, Tallo, Dinenno and the crew! I have a question though, bro: Is Guardado Uruguayan or Mexican? Because the only Guardado I remember from recent years who played at midfield was Andrés Guardado, who is Mexican. Instantly recognizable due to his hair! (He used to have a cool semi-fro but I don't if he still has it in 16 haha).

This sounds like a long-term project bro! And an exciting one! Lille: From Midtable to Contenders, and perhaps even challenge the PSG dominance!! I know that Ancellotti can bring glory to the side, with his shrewd tactics and strategic transfer signings!!

P.S: hahahah that's awesome about the weather! Northern France making itself felt! I know that Lille is quite rainy and cold compared to the rest of France, and it seems like it snows in winter too. You know, I've been meaning to start a Career in South America eventually in FIFA 16 (down the road), so that could be a good way to test the weather algorithm! :)

Last edited:
@Madmac79 Nice and thorough recount bro! :TU: I especially like the fact that you are bringing your youth academy players from Milan and Tottenham! This is very realistic, as some managers have their favorite youngsters and players and so when they switch clubs, they bring their favorites with them! A great example of this is Millos' coach Gamero, who has his famous "El Kinder de Gamero" heheh, and has brought youngsters from other teams to Millos!

In terms of Lille, man I think it is equally (if not more) fun and exciting to build a medium team to prominence vs inheriting a contender! :) Having to keep an eye on finances too, I've noticed that FIFA is much more strict in terms of finances than PES! It's much harder to score in the transfer market, and the board is much tougher (and I would say realistic)! No need to create "self-imposed transfer rules" in Career Mode. :LOL:

Good luck to Guardado, Nuñez, Tallo, Dinenno and the crew! I have a question though, bro: Is Guardado Uruguayan or Mexican? Because the only Guardado I remember from recent years who played at midfield was Andrés Guardado, who is Mexican. Instantly recognizable due to his hair! (He used to have a cool semi-fro but I don't if he still has it in 16 haha).

This sounds like a long-term project bro! And an exciting one! Lille: From Midtable to Contenders, and perhaps even challenge the PSG dominance!! I know that Ancellotti can bring glory to the side, with his shrewd tactics and strategic transfer signings!!

P.S: hahahah that's awesome about the weather! Northern France making itself felt! I know that Lille is quite rainy and cold compared to the rest of France, and it seems like it snows in winter too. You know, I've been meaning to start a Career in South America eventually in FIFA 16 (down the road), so that could be a good way to test the weather algorithm! :)
Thanks mate!

I think it's kinda realistic to bring in the youths I had around the world and wanted to grow at the times, but couldn't cause I had already big players, rather than spend all the budget on already formed ones (not that I could have bought many, anyway). There is almost an old school ML feel in it.
Cool to hear something like this happened in Millos, with Gamero!! I think it's a neat concept and I'd love if more coaches would do the same in RL too.

Yeah, I do't think you need self imposed transfer rules to be honest, at least not very strict ones! Fifas from this era (13-14-15 should be more or less the same in this regard) had a way more satisfying and eventful system all around compared with frostbite games (at least 18 onwards, can't remember if 17 was still somewhat similar since the transfer rework with the cutscenes came with 18 indeed). I mean, you have to negotiate even with your youths! First season I almost lost Alvares, who was my youth team star and wanted to be paid more or less like a grown up (although it's a pretty rare case). And there are many other things, like the board being more present and force you to either renew who asks for one or they'll proceed to sell him themselves, players meaningfully asking to be put on the market etc.

As for Guardado, maybe I explained myself badly, he's another former youth (originally from Tottenham as well), and he's uruguayan! As I poorly communicated above, can't wait to see him in the World Cup as well :BSCARF: . Unfortunately, I wasn't unable to buy the other Uruguay golden youth I grew up between Milan and Tottenham, OMF/FW Cruz, as he's already a very strong player and I would have had to burn practically almost all my budget on him (I read in the in-game news he went to Barça after Carlo left Tottenham😀), nonetheless I really look forward to be able to play the WC with both of them.. it's so unique and special to face the WC with the players you grow (although I don't think they'll steal the scene to still world beaters Suarez and Cavani 😂)!

Would be a wonderful idea to do a Career in SA, I'd love to do one myself, but I'd equally be happy to see you play it! It would be lovely if weather is truly somehow set to differ between different world zones. Regardless, so many great stories you could create there😉!

Thanks mate!

I think it's kinda realistic to bring in the youths I had around the world and wanted to grow at the times, but couldn't cause I had already big players, rather than spend all the budget on already formed ones (not that I could have bought many, anyway). There is almost an old school ML feel in it.
Cool to hear something like this happened in Millos, with Gamero!! I think it's a neat concept and I'd love if more coaches would do the same in RL too.

Yeah, I do't think you need self imposed transfer rules to be honest, at least not very strict ones! Fifas from this era (13-14-15 should be more or less the same in this regard) had a way more satisfying and eventful system all around compared with frostbite games (at least 18 onwards, can't remember if 17 was still somewhat similar since the transfer rework with the cutscenes came with 18 indeed). I mean, you have to negotiate even with your youths! First season I almost lost Alvares, who was my youth team star and wanted to be paid more or less like a grown up (although it's a pretty rare case). And there are many other things, like the board being more present and force you to either renew who asks for one or they'll proceed to sell him themselves, players meaningfully asking to be put on the market etc.

As for Guardado, maybe I explained myself badly, he's another former youth (originally from Tottenham as well), and he's uruguayan! As I poorly communicated above, can't wait to see him in the World Cup as well :BSCARF: . Unfortunately, I wasn't unable to buy the other Uruguay golden youth I grew up between Milan and Tottenham, OMF/FW Cruz, as he's already a very strong player and I would have had to burn practically almost all my budget on him (I read in the in-game news he went to Barça after Carlo left Tottenham😀), nonetheless I really look forward to be able to play the WC with both of them.. it's so unique and special to face the WC with the players you grow (although I don't think they'll steal the scene to still world beaters Suarez and Cavani 😂)!

Would be a wonderful idea to do a Career in SA, I'd love to do one myself, but I'd equally be happy to see you play it! It would be lovely if weather is truly somehow set to differ between different world zones. Regardless, so many great stories you could create there😉!
Oh, right bro! You actually explained yourself perfectly. It was just that since I couldn't find a "Guardado" in wikipedia or google who was a Uruguayan player (except for a quite obscure J. Guardado who only played for a few years in the Uruguayan League), I assumed he was the Mexican player. But now that you explain that he is a youth player, it makes perfect sense. :) I guess he is like Teixeira or Russo in PES 2017-21! :)

In addition, you are totally right about FIFA 13-14-15-16. In my Deportivo La Coruña FIFA 15 save, the board has been really stingy (doubtless due to my consecutive midtable finishes, even though I am completing my objectives). Even in my third season, they are only giving me about 15 million to spend in the summer transfer market, but I find that extra challenge very rewarding! (Having to be careful with who I pick, making sure I sell players, etc, just like in real life). Plus, like you mentioned bro, the players and board are much more demanding (playing time, transfer requests, unhappy if not getting any playing time, etc). Makes for a really realistic career arc!

Oh man, go for it with the South American story! I would really love to see what team and story you pick eventually, there are so many great storylines and identities in SA Football.. We can even try to do our own stories at the same time, different times, whatever. :) In any case, it might still take me a while to start it, since I have several stories in my backlog, not least my main Toro Granata! 🐂 :RSCARF:

Ended up my seventh season. Truly loving beyond words this save.

Arrived 6th with Lille in Ligue 1.. which means no European Cups next year, but luckily the Board confirmed me all the same.

Already secured Calhanoglu and Haller as free agents, and having keeper Enyeama deciding to not retire for at least another season, I looked at the market with the idea of mainly reinforcing the defence and the midfield; bought Bruma and newgen Lestienne as CBs at reasonable prices, and classy LWG/OMF Leandro Aldair, another now grown youth I discovered in Milan, for like 15 millions as my highest investment (one thing I'd like to underline is that he somehow looks like Castolo's regen.. brazilian, braids, more or less same height as our legend..
leandroalda.jpg
now that I needed a winger, couldn't leave him warming the bench in Milan :P)

Lost Apau for some strange bug of the payout loan (apparently if the player don't accept your first contract offer after you decide to pay the redemption clause, you immediately lose all the negotiation!) and decided not to buy him, as he would have costed me more than the double, but bought again Nunez. At this point team is complete and I hope I'll be able to make it to Europe and maybe do something important in the National Cup(s).

As for the World Cup with Uruguay..

Was truly FANTASTIC beyond words. Passed my group with Denmark, Egypt and Holland by the skin of the teeth, with an un-hoped victory against the Oranges, won what was the most incredible game I've ever played on a Fifa in the 16th against England:

and went on to win well battled (and, must say, lucky) matches against France, Spain and, again Holland in the final to finally bring home the Cup in a tournament that gave me back all it stolen from me in the past World Cup/Copa America. An incredible adventure that would need too many other words to describe, so I'll just leave at that; hoping to do something fun with Lille as well, in the meantime, will probably conclude this save with the Copa America in the end of the season after this one and then I'll call it a day.

Ended up my seventh season. Truly loving beyond words this save.

Arrived 6th with Lille in Ligue 1.. which means no European Cups next year, but luckily the Board confirmed me all the same.

Already secured Calhanoglu and Haller as free agents, and having keeper Enyeama deciding to not retire for at least another season, I looked at the market with the idea of mainly reinforcing the defence and the midfield; bought Bruma and newgen Lestienne as CBs at reasonable prices, and classy LWG/OMF Leandro Aldair, another now grown youth I discovered in Milan, for like 15 millions as my highest investment (one thing I'd like to underline is that he somehow looks like Castolo's regen.. brazilian, braids, more or less same height as our legend..
View attachment 295656
now that I needed a winger, couldn't leave him warming the bench in Milan :P)

Lost Apau for some strange bug of the payout loan (apparently if the player don't accept your first contract offer after you decide to pay the redemption clause, you immediately lose all the negotiation!) and decided not to buy him, as he would have costed me more than the double, but bought again Nunez. At this point team is complete and I hope I'll be able to make it to Europe and maybe do something important in the National Cup(s).

As for the World Cup with Uruguay..

Was truly FANTASTIC beyond words. Passed my group with Denmark, Egypt and Holland by the skin of the teeth, with an un-hoped victory against the Oranges, won what was the most incredible game I've ever played on a Fifa in the 16th against England:

and went on to win well battled (and, must say, lucky) matches against France, Spain and, again Holland in the final to finally bring home the Cup in a tournament that gave me back all it stolen from me in the past World Cup/Copa America. An incredible adventure that would need too many other words to describe, so I'll just leave at that; hoping to do something fun with Lille as well, in the meantime, will probably conclude this save with the Copa America in the end of the season after this one and then I'll call it a day.
You have done it bro!!!!! 🏆 :BAND:

You have brought the ultimate glory to Uruguay and the cherry on top of Carlo's absolutely brilliant managerial career!!!!! I am sure Gaston's extra time goal and celebration, with his left fist up in the air and defiantly looking at the stands, will be the most bought poster in the history of the Republic or Uruguay!!

Great match bro, and an awesome, incredible run by the Uruguayans, a true underdog story, doubtlessly facing stronger teams in every single step of the competition!! (England, France, Spain, Netherlands), but showing that the Uruguayan heart, the fantasy learned on the Montevideo Streets, and the Italian mastermind of Carlo can conquer all challengers!! I think that this win cements Carlo as the best Manager of All Time, I truly cannot think of another one with his level of accomplishment!!!!!

Oh man, what a classic World Cup.. Looking at the knockout stage, We have Uruguay, Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Argentina, Brazil, France, Portugal. I love it when the classics are represented in World Cups!! The road was long and I think VERY FEW prognosticators would've predicted Uruguay to take it all,, but the glory is yours, my friend..

You have won the most prestigious competition in the World!!!!!!!!!!! I think Uruguay will be on holiday for a month now!! :BSCARF: :LOL:

Last edited:
I've yet to start a Career Mode in FIFA 16 (played a complete custom Cup, which was a really cool adventure).. But based on several experiences, especially my friend @Madmac79's massive campaign spanning several seasons, looks like a long-term career mode would be absolutely epic. Really looking forward to starting one! :BSCARF:

I've yet to start a Career Mode in FIFA 16 (played a complete custom Cup, which was a really cool adventure).. But based on several experiences, especially my friend @Madmac79's massive campaign spanning several seasons, looks like a long-term career mode would be absolutely epic. Really looking forward to starting one! :BSCARF:

I'm in my 7th season as Oviedo.

My whole midfield is now regens. My fave is a Midfielder called Moya but I have a winger called Rocha who is going to be world class and he is worth £23.5mill at the moment. Funny thing is, I don't really click with him, he has amazing dribbling stats but his pace ain't great. I might flog him if huge bids roll in.

I've got into the Europa League the last 2 seasons. Trying to break into the top 4 but Malaga and bloody Levante have beat me to it so far. Levante nearly won the League, they were top for about 80% of season 6 and ended up finishing 2nd.

Hey mate! By any mean, I suggest you to do it, or at least to try it. I think I truly, fully understood 16 only once I played this very long career I've been having in my hands since like last april to this very day. Although the latter it's true for many other football games (that many seasons are required to truly see their worth - in a different way, I discovered the same for Pes 21 two years ago, for example), and I've always regarded 16 as a masterpiece anyway just for the football "environment" it let you play in, playing it for the 8 seasons I had (with, as you know, NT competitions too, so even longer than average), made me see much, much more of the depth that it's underneath. Once you give it the proper time, this game is really something else.

My whole midfield is now regens. My fave is a Midfielder called Moya but I have a winger called Rocha who is going to be world class and he is worth £23.5mill at the moment. Funny thing is, I don't really click with him, he has amazing dribbling stats but his pace ain't great. I might flog him if huge bids roll in.
I have a lot of youth team/newgen/regen/whatever as well, that I grew around the clubs I've been in this career of mine (3 seasons Milan, 3 Tottenham and 2 Lille) and it really adds a dimension to it all. It gives a single save a lot of randomness/uniqueness, knowing that the eventual players you'll nurture and grow fond of will just exist in this single adventure.

After perfecting and finalizing both sliders and my personal rules and learning the mechanics during my test run - I have started fresh Player Career mode. World Class, Full Manual.

The main man's name is Martin Emes.
He's a 19 year old half Brazilian half Irish. Born in small village in Ireland he has shown great potential and passion for the game. His club chipped in and they sent him to England where he was signed by Tranmere Rovers.

Initially, due to his dominant left foot, he was tested as Left Back, Left Midfielder and Left Wing Forward, but the coach realized that he had difficulties in staying on the wing. He eventually settled as Central Midfielder and after some time of playing as a Sub - he became one of regular starting 11.
0729e558-c041-4a22-ab73-416cec812e5a.jpg
Even tho the team is hovering around middle of the table - he is doing quite well and is getting average rating of 6.5
He's a typical youth, who often wants to show off instead of passing the ball, but he is learning.
He also badly needs to improve his stamina, coz by 70th minute he is exhausted.
c3f0faa4-dec9-4dc5-b934-52f1b083e0e0.jpg
In the third round of Carabao Cup he finally had a chance to meet some of the big boys. Tranmere faced West Ham.
They tried their best and put up a great fight, but he could only watch as Antonio put two in the back of their net.
1bbe3838-4086-474d-99fb-3524da1ced49.jpg
Season goes on tho and with 5 goals and 2 assists so far - Emes is shaping to be one of the crucial Tranmere players and hopes to help the team reach the playoff spot.
56215cba-9bcc-49a3-a31f-216eda0eae45.jpg

My 7th season has not gone very well.

I've assembled a squad I hoped would challenged for a top 4 spot but I ended up 8th. I drew 16 games!! Crazy.

Got dumped out the Europa League in Round of 32 by Liverpool.

So, no European football for season 8. That will also have an effect on my budget for next season.

My squad is as follows...

GKs - Emi Martinez, Remiro

DFs - Bellerin, Arroyo, Miranda, Miquel, Doria, Pedro Henrique, Grimaldo, Abner

MFs - Vadillo, Rocha (R), Simon, Pacheco (R), Moya (R), Banuz Anton (R), Minala, Villalba, Saramutin (R) Guerreiro (R), Helder Costa

FWs - Cantero Puente (R), Alejandro Diaz

Midfield is fairly strong, lot of young talent still rowing and I have 2 Moroccans in the Youth team who have potential to hit 90-94 rated.

Miranda will be 38 or 39 next season.. He is still absolute quality but I think I need to start thinking about when he retires.

Up top, Puente I snatched from Atletico for cheap and he's quality but was out for 3 months with a broken ankle. Diaz has grown to 81 rated but keeps going on long runs without a goal. He's now refusing a new deal.

Rocha is a Brazilian regen. He's got potential of 91-94. His lack of pace is hampering me though. He is worth about £23mill so I'm tempted to sell him. That would give me funds for a CB and a striker.

I'm heading into the 2022/2023 season (FIFA 16), so now a lot of regens to scout. I might see if I can find a tall, powerful striker so I can mix it up a bit as the 2 I have are quite similar.

Emi Martinez is amazing. I'm a Villa fan so I would say that but I signed him cheap, he's grown to 74 rated which isn't high but he's won the GK of the year the last 3 seasons. I'll check my stats later but I think he's got to have played about 250 games for me by now.

I've also just took the England squad. Started the 2022 WC last night. Got a group of Czechia, Bulgaria and Cameroon.

There is a worrying lack of good regens, only 2 I've found are Alex Ruffells (a 78 rated CDM at Spurs) & Giorginio Beesley (75 rated CM at Barca). Both got call ups. There is also a lad called Jack Barmby in the squad who is now 86 rated, so he's grown and I believe he starts the game at Hull or somewhere.

Up top, the best 3 strikers are Sturridge, Welbeck and Beharino.

I beat the Czech's 2-0 to get up and running. Was goalless at HT, I setup a very attacking 4-3-3 formation using all 3 strikers and they seemed to be getting in each other's way. Beharino eventually popped us ahead before Zaha came on, skinned about 4 players and laid it on a plate for Kyle Walker.

I don't think 3 strikers is the way forward though and will setup another tactic later.

I'm enjoying this save so much. It's not become too easy, I've had to manage my spending and be very clever with transfers. I've got about 80 players on my shortlist, I've been very thorough with scouting and found some hidden gems and bargain buys.

This next season, without European footy, the top 4 push has to happen. I just need Malaga and bloody Levante to do one, though Levante have been raided the last season for 4 very good (86+ rated) players.

Ive tried to get back to my Fifa careers today, but i just cant, never used to be a problem, just cant which is a shame tbh
fifas 15-17-19 in my case

Ive tried to get back to my Fifa careers today, but i just cant, never used to be a problem, just cant which is a shame tbh
fifas 15-17-19 in my case

It's funny how it works out as I was always doing PES MLs and couldn't get into FIFA.

What annoys me most with PES is the players being reborn. It kills immersion and I like to do 10 year+ career modes.

It's great having a youth player, developing them and seeing them nail down a 1st team spot.

It's funny how it works out as I was always doing PES MLs and couldn't get into FIFA.

What annoys me most with PES is the players being reborn. It kills immersion and I like to do 10 year+ career modes.

It's great having a youth player, developing them and seeing them nail down a 1st team spot.
The regens are shite in pes for me, and yeah having a youth player going all the way is so much fun

Well I just got fired from my side-gig of managing Spain, because I tied 1-1 with Portugal at home. I partly blame myself because I was very loud in my appreciation for Ronaldo's wonder goal to tie it up in injury time.

Back
Top Bottom