FIFA (All Versions) Career Mode Stories

can you start career at calender year 2019 in fifa 15?
Yeah I think you can.
At least, it could be done with 14 by editing...
  • the cmsettings.ini in the folder dlc\dlc_FootballCompEng\dlc\FootballCompEng\data
  • the settings.txt in the folder dlc\dlc_FootballCompEng\dlc\FootballCompEng\data\compdata
Here's a more in-depth explanation should you be interested (for FIFA 14 and for starting the career in 2018, but I'm sure you'll understand what to do anyway):
http://www.soccergaming.com/index.p...areer-mode-in-2014.179601/page-6#post-6535878

Finally finished my first season of FIFA 20
I took over Stuttgart in Zweite BL and was cruising to a sure thing until I changed sliders and things became much tougher (and that defending...)
Anyway was in third place with two games to go,1+2 goes straight to BL and 3rd place qualifies Vs the 16th place team in BL,I met Nürnberg (2nd place one point ahead of me) lost 3-1,but managed to win my last game and finished in 3rd place.

Met Freiburg in the relegation/promotion qualifiers
1-0 and 2-1 me.
And I'm promoted to the BL,great fun,to bad my sharpest player is retiring after this season (M Gomez)

Decided to install my 15 again after playing a lot of 14 recently.
This game is very good,free kicks/fouls/yellow cards and most importantly a tough CPU,not tough as in cheating etc,but hard to play against.
The park the bus when winning,or throw everything up when losing.

I picked up my Sunderland save,4th season and I've finished 17/15/13 previous years.
I think this is my most played FIFA of them all (easily 15-20 season in total),and I'll take this over both 14 and 16 (14 is also great) on console,a much better game,not to mention newer one's which are inferior to this one for sure.

Lost 3-2 away to Hull city with my Sunderland.
This game was scrappy and not very well played at all,my defence were all over the place,and passing % for me Vs Hull 61-67.

Great fun having these games every now and then even if I needed 3pts today

And the the opposite,beating Spurs 8-2
Strange game this at times.
But,I'm up to 15th after 24 games and hoping to climb a few positions.

Continuing my FIFA 15 career with Sunderland.

Haven't been able to recreate this with any other FIFA game (on console)tbh.

Scrappy,lots of misplaced passes,midfield play,a dynamic AI that goes all up when losing and park's the bus when winning.

Just had a 90 min winner Vs it's,don't think I've pumped my arms to a football game in ages,but this made me.

Up to 10th place with 10 games left,guess that's where I end up eventually.

A few quirks,always 5 Min added time in both halves,or players falling left and right,but I'll take that.
And Vs modern games,a very hefty highlights package.

Think I'll keep this in me going (bonus for having the maestro in my team,Mr Lee Cattermole)

Had this game on my 360 and played it a lot,but the XB1 version is so good,and looks tight

Also it seems (believe it or not) that FIFA 20 is one of my more played FIFA games,15/16/17 still ahead.
Had 6 seasons on this game now.
1 Stuttgart (3rd in Zweite BL)
2 Stuttgart 4th in BL.
3 Bayer Leverkusen 1st BL, pokal meister
4 Bayer L 1st BL,CL winner.
5 Bayer L,2nd BL , pokal meister.
6 Fortuna Düsseldorf 6th BL.
7 Schalke 04.

Never thought I'd stick with this for so long,but having loads of fun.

Big test for my FIFA 19 career (might adjust some though) when playing Cardiff at home with my Huddersfield.
First game 1-5 Vs Chelsea.
Second game 0-0 City away ,defended very low and had tons of luck to keep it scoreless ,even had a 1v1 Vs their keeper that I missed.

If my sliders holds up Vs Cardiff I'll keep this going

Having a very nice career with Aston Villa on Fifa 19; arrived at the end of first season.

Board asked me the direct promotion, plus some other minor goals like reaching FA quarter finals, selling shirts for 12 mln something and doubling my team's value among the others.

Things started a bit hard; I arrived at january a bit higher then mid table, nowhere near the first two spots that would give me the Premier League, but luckily not so distant from the playoff ones. After not touching the team in july, I decided to do some reparation transfers:

january Aston Villa market.jpg

Gedson Fernandes on loan, Kayembe and Damsgaard definitive signings.

In the meantime, my scout discovered a great talent I immediately grabbed for my youth team:
Ethan Griffiths.jpg

It goes without saying that I had to promote him in first team really soon; crazy growth, he already went up by 7 points at the end of season 😮 .

By the way, thanks to him, the january buys and a lot of already talented guys the team have from the start like Grealish, Abraham, El Ghazi, Mings, I was finally able to reach the playoffs, not without suffering a bit anyway. Beaten Leeds in a double, tight confront, had the final against Derby County:

And.. well I made it, in another super tight game, probably less spectacular than the semi against Leeds, but it kept me in tension till the last second.. anyway, the guys did the job and now, hoping the chairman won't sack me as they wanted direct promotion and I, the horror!, only managed to get it via Playoffs:P, a very interesting reconstruction awaits me as like half my team was here on loan (especially the bigger protagonist of the season and the playoffs, bomber Abraham, but even a lot of others like El Ghazi and like maybe two thirds of the defense), others are leaving as free agents and I'm not exactly bathing in gold.. but it only makes it more exciting :)

Well im back on Fifa 15, will do some personal changes to Operation sports sliders then most likely start a player career .
Bundesliga/La liga/Premier league with a weak team is most likely

I've just made some edits to teams/stadiums etc on FIFA 15 to start a player career.

Here's how I'm doing it.
1 I control the whole team while playing instead of just my player (feels more natural and not dependent on some shitty ai )

2 You can create a player inside the player career menu.
That's not how I do it, reason?
Growth is not the best in player career, especially acceleration and top speed.

I create a player in the create a player menu then place him in whatever team I'm playing as/with later
I can make him as good or as bad as I want too.
Then I pick "use real pro" in the player career menu.

Anyway my 17 year old who's gone from the youth team up to Burnley's first team is starting Vs Chelsea' at home in Premier League opener.

23 min in and my first real chance to have a sniff at the goal, cross incoming I go up for a header, landing very badly.
3 months out!

Great start:)
So details
FIFA 15 semi passing semi shooting manual the rest.
World class 15 min broadcast camera

Had my first really insane Fifa 15 career game.
Burnley 6-1 Notts County FA cup 2nd round
though ive been struggling in my PL campaign , 20 games in 2 wins only with my Burnley and in 19th place fighting for every point to survive this FA Cup fixture was insane.

2 penalties, 2 red cards on the cpu, the last one on the GK, making them having to sub a player for a goalkeeper
This game is a gem (again)
EA SPORTS FIFA 15 29-09-2023 21_33_16.png

Ive hit a bit of bad form lately on my FIFA 15 career.
15th place after 29 games, 5 points clear of relegation.
But my last 3 games have been pretty bad.
Lost to Liverpool away 1-0 then Chelsea away were i came out with a good 1-1 draw.
Last game vs 17th placed Southampton was truly bad, snowy pitch and a awful performance, lost 4-1
The only silverlining is my FA Cup run where i beat Newcastle at home 3-1
on top of my last 3 games, i have Man city in the next game

Had my first really insane Fifa 15 career game.
Burnley 6-1 Notts County FA cup 2nd round
though ive been struggling in my PL campaign , 20 games in 2 wins only with my Burnley and in 19th place fighting for every point to survive this FA Cup fixture was insane.

2 penalties, 2 red cards on the cpu, the last one on the GK, making them having to sub a player for a goalkeeper
This game is a gem (again)
View attachment 238057
I love the graphics in this! Great muddy kits and the overall atmosphere! Very tough game, but very rewarding,, now I have to figure out how to include Brasileirao!

I love the graphics in this! Great muddy kits and the overall atmosphere! Very tough game, but very rewarding,, now I have to figure out how to include Brasileirao!
Doing the Brazil league?
Nice one, look forward to reading about it, which team are you playing as on 19?
Yes its really a brilliant game, always had this over 16 out of the box, have a pretty good pace in it when youre playing 49 sprint and 48 acc plus the slow passing helps keeping it good

Doing the Brazil league?
Nice one, look forward to reading about it, which team are you playing as on 19?
Yes its really a brilliant game, always had this over 16 out of the box, have a pretty good pace in it when youre playing 49 sprint and 48 acc plus the slow passing helps keeping it good
Actually I'm doing a Brazil League in PES 2021 :), but I'm thinking of creating a Cup with some Brazilian teams in 15.. or maybe 11 or 19!

In 19, I'm doing a Player Career with an invented player, the first one I've truly enjoyed in either FIFA or PES! Will be posting some updates soon. :)

Actually I'm doing a Brazil League in PES 2021 :), but I'm thinking of creating a Cup with some Brazilian teams in 15.. or maybe 11 or 19!

In 19, I'm doing a Player Career with an invented player, the first one I've truly enjoyed in either FIFA or PES! Will be posting some updates soon. :)
Biggest thing for me with FIFAs player career vs BAL is that i can control the whole team on fifa, which makes it exactly like a manager career node in terms of gameplay, a bit scripted towards your player, not much but still there making it a bit tougher than Manager career modes gameplay.
Love it

Can't believe the cat dragged you 2 in here from the Pro Evo section 😉

I've just reinstalled FIFA 16 on my PS4.

I've hit my usual try every footy game I own stage 😂😂
ha ha, yeah unexpected right.
Those fifas 14-17, even 18 and 19 on a good day is still very good
been there too, think the best thing is having one PES and one FIFA installed, otherwise youll have 5 ML going at the same time

Deffo, I think I'm going to be playing PES18 & FIFA 16.

Might do a Player Career on FIFA so it doesn't overlap with my PES Master League.

I also downloaded the free PS Plus Farming Simulator 2022 game, totally off topic, but Sunday I spent about 8 hours just making my farmhouse & garden area. I'm from Somerset in England, we are tarnished with being farmers but the game is addictive as hell 😂😂

When I'm not ploughing my fields, I'll update on my progress on the footy side of things.

Deffo, I think I'm going to be playing PES18 & FIFA 16.

Might do a Player Career on FIFA so it doesn't overlap with my PES Master League.

I also downloaded the free PS Plus Farming Simulator 2022 game, totally off topic, but Sunday I spent about 8 hours just making my farmhouse & garden area. I'm from Somerset in England, we are tarnished with being farmers but the game is addictive as hell 😂😂

When I'm not ploughing my fields, I'll update on my progress on the footy side of things.
Sounds like good choices.
Totally get the Farm Simulator, i was obsessed with House Flipper a couple of years back.

Back
Top Bottom