FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (PC Version)

anyone who s willing to delve into sliders, please provide us with a good review, i need to see if i go back to fifa 14, or maybe god is happy and he gives us a keeper for offline career mode this year with the right sliders, fingers crossed

Anyone else using a DS4 controller wirelessly? Was pleased to see that it shows the correct symbols but I think I'm getting the double controller issue and can't select things on the menu properly (this is without using DS4Windows or similar), changed to using it wired and that worked ok but prefer wireless.
If you're searching for something solid and zero lag, i recommand that bluetooth adapter. DS4 Windows is too fragile, and got too much issues. And only PS4 compatible : with that key you can convert every controller you want for playing on PC or PS4 or PS5, Series X, Switch etc.
I use it for my Retro-gaming Raspberry sometimes, then my PC...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wireless...S-Elite-Series-2-PS5-PS4-Switch-Pro/465625997

Now on PS5 you can make a pairing for your PS4 controller. Also the home button didn't worked before, now i'm happy than everything is functionnal.
But for my others pad and console, and PC (especially, yes i play some games on it i got for free lol) it's working perfectly. I was sceptic about the key but i don't regret at all to have brought it.
PS4 controller is a must, to be honest i found that the DS4 got better ergonomics to me than the DS5, but more durable stick from what i see (i use protections for it, and i prefers the sticks more flat so it's all ok) but it's my opinion.

Well i own one old controller with a Bluetooth key for PC but for having a good wireless PC controller, you got to put the price... The on i owned got an issue with the left analog going a bit on the right after not so much utilisations, i've made a test.
It's looking like that one but older from 7 years ago https://www.amazon.nl/Draadloze-controller-vervanging-Vibration-oplaadbaar/dp/B08BLKNWH6/ref=sr_1_151?__mk_nl_NL=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=3ACU6MSI7192U&keywords=bluetooth+controller+pc&qid=1664374567&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIzLjcxIiwicXNhIjoiMi43MiIsInFzcCI6IjIuMDAifQ==&sprefix=bluetooth+controller+pc,aps,92&sr=8-151

Last edited:
I pretty much gave up on football games a few years ago - no reason to get this, is there? Games 3-4 years from now are pretty much similar to this, aren't they?

I pretty much gave up on football games a few years ago - no reason to get this, is there? Games 3-4 years from now are pretty much similar to this, aren't they?
Worst than 4 years ago, not similar. Some like it, but objectively...

If you're searching for something solid and zero lag, i recommand that bluetooth adapter. DS4 Windows is too fragile, and got too much issues. And only PS4 compatible : with that key you can convert every controller you want for playing on PC or PS4 or PS5, Series X, Switch etc.
I use it for my Retro-gaming Raspberry sometimes, then my PC...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wireless...S-Elite-Series-2-PS5-PS4-Switch-Pro/465625997

Now on PS5 you can make a pairing for your PS4 controller. Also the home button didn't worked before, now i'm happy than everything is functionnal.
But for my others pad and console, and PC (especially, yes i play some games on it i got for free lol) it's working perfectly. I was sceptic about the key but i don't regret at all to have brought it.
PS4 controller is a must, to be honest i found that the DS4 got better ergonomics to me than the DS5, but more durable stick from what i see (i use protections for it, and i prefers the sticks more flat so it's all ok) but it's my opinion.

Well i own one old controller with a Bluetooth key for PC but for having a good wireless PC controller, you got to put the price... The on i owned got an issue with the left analog going a bit on the right after not so much utilisations, i've made a test.
It's looking like that one but older from 7 years ago https://www.amazon.nl/Draadloze-controller-vervanging-Vibration-oplaadbaar/dp/B08BLKNWH6/ref=sr_1_151?__mk_nl_NL=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=3ACU6MSI7192U&keywords=bluetooth+controller+pc&qid=1664374567&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIzLjcxIiwicXNhIjoiMi43MiIsInFzcCI6IjIuMDAifQ==&sprefix=bluetooth+controller+pc,aps,92&sr=8-151

I have an official Sony one but I switched to a generic one as DS4windows was reporting less latency, but right now I'm getting really bad latency with my controller so will test out some different ports/dongles to see if anything improves it.

I recommand that adapter as i tried multiple controller with an usb key. It's very high quality, easy to pair etc., plus you can play with tons of controllers.
The official PS4 should "normally" work better it's weird, but perhaps it's just older than the key i purpose, or you got a bad one from a bad series, no idea mate but it's a bit wtf

Correct. People who liked games like 20 or 21, will like it just fine, everyone else has absolutely no reason to jump back in. It's the same old that made you and others give up.

Anyone sorted the low FPS in cutscenes/replays?
I've had a little mess about with Nvidia 3d settings and got it better, but still you can see a difference in gameplay vs cutscene FPS

Graphically, this game is terrible (1440p, Ultra), uglier than 22. Cardboard, sterile, artificial. And ball physics, what the hell happened to ball physics? FIFA 22 for PC has a better one.

Wow, I bought the game on steam and 40 minutes later, I uninstalled it. And I might request for a refund if there is no patch by the end of next week. Fuck this game. My issue is not so much the game engine. It's fifa FFS, but how poorly optimized it is. Gameplay is buggy. Bugs upon bugs upon bugs. Optimization is a huge pet peeve of mine when it comes to gaming. Like with Efootball, if the game isn't optimized, then it's an automatic NO. I do not recommend buying this game until they patch out those fucking bugs and optimize the game. And then there's the anti-cheat thing that is a huge pain in the ass.

FIFA 22 wasn't this bad.

Last edited:
Have anyone tried to play with ReShade on? It seems it doesn't work at all, the game doesn't load it up. I tried to Google up if it's because of the EA anticheat system but it says that it should be working fine with it anyway. But it's not.

Have anyone tried to play with ReShade on? It seems it doesn't work at all, the game doesn't load it up. I tried to Google up if it's because of the EA anticheat system but it says that it should be working fine with it anyway. But it's not.
Did you try loading the game through origin? That's what worked for me, but it wasn't without some errors along the way.

Have none of you had a problem with the Anticheat EA? When I start the game, it crashes and gives me an error signal caused by the anticheat EA.
This error:

Cattura.PNG

Last edited:
Have none of you had a problem with the Anticheat EA? When I start the game, it crashes and gives me an error signal caused by the anticheat EA.
This error:

View attachment 180300
I'm not sure about this. But some lads were discussing about it. It has something to do with Secure Boot. Turn it on on your BIOS. Then clear all the temp files. Restart EA App/Origin, also uninstall the Anticheat program. Let it install again automatically when it pops up like it's missing. After these workarounds, you can hopefully enters in the game (I know this sucks, but it's EA, what do you expect?).

There hasn't been a demo since FIFA 20, they know they don't need to waste resources on making them anymore when they're a guaranteed seller anyway.

tumblr_pocwy9OCSi1qkksz8o2_540.gif

This error:

View attachment 180300

Many of us have had problems with it and we posted about it in here :) I had that error too at first:

there's a few things you'll need to do/try:

In your BIOS change from "Secure Boot - Other OS" to "Secure Boot - Windows UEFI"

2. Set Origin to run as Admin

3. Exit Origin if it's running, run EAAntiCheat.Installer.exe (Should be in \FIFA 23\__Installer\EAAntiCheat)

upload_2022-9-28_15-21-55.png

Select Fifa23 and choose uninstall All

4. Once it's done close it.
5. Launch Origin as Admin and repair Fifa23 (if all goes well you'll see a popup window showing that the Anti-Cheat is being installed properly this time.)
6. Launch Fifa23 and hopefully you'll get the splash screen (make a coffee, not tea as it's disgusting), after 2-3 mins the game should launch ok.

If none of the above works you should try uninstalling any other anti-cheats you have for other games and disable any overlay apps you might have eg rivat tuner etc. etc.

Paulv2k4 has fixed the current release of RDMB so it works with Fifa23, squad files can be edited and saved then loaded into Fifa23 with edits in place:

If anyone is looking for a fixed RDBM for FIFA 23. I have done it here. https://www.mediafire.com/file/bhirn4cp5s3tfa9/RDBM_FIFA23_Fixed_By_Paulv2k4.zip/file . There were loads of bugs in RDBM, like it wasnt selecting the correct db meta data
🤦‍♂️
. I fixed what I can but it should be enough for you guys to fix/change your squad files.

Secure Boot is only required if you are running windows 11, it's not required on windows 10. Most issues people get from anti cheat, is when you run it once you get an error, then you try again and it starts the game this time. Then you need to wait on this fifa logo screen of course (sometimes u don't have to, or sometimes pressing esc helps).

I can confirm that presentation/graphic wise, it's indeed a completely different than last fifa 22 on pc.

Overall comparing it to FIFA 22 last gen version on PC, FIFA 23 feels way way better. By that I mean its slower, has more animations, not that glitchy and everything has more weight. Of course that doesn't remove the AI problems on the field (in defense especially). Don't know how FIFA 22 next-gen was on console last year comparing it to this FIFA 23 version on console, so my opinion is based comparing just FIFA 22 old gen on Origin vs FIFA 23 next gen on Origin. I'll definitely buy a discounted origin key, there are definitely lots of things that I like more in FIFA 23 comparing it with the previous last year old gen version...
I agree with everything you said. I mean for the first game or so you get that exciting new annual football game feeling where it just feels different, slower heavier etc. Plus the nice new animations and visual gimmicks.

Then I got bummed out with the AI problems but if you get a chance, try Matt10's sliders, it's not life changing but it certainly improves the experience and gets rid of most of the effortless esport feel of the game.

Getting pisses off with it now , career mode to be games are just end to end AI relentless just chance after chance to the point it feels stressful to play, got it on slow speed aswell, playing on world class, knocked it down to professional but that's too easy

I agree with everything you said. I mean for the first game or so you get that exciting new annual football game feeling where it just feels different, slower heavier etc. Plus the nice new animations and visual gimmicks.

Then I got bummed out with the AI problems but if you get a chance, try Matt10's sliders, it's not life changing but it certainly improves the experience and gets rid of most of the effortless esport feel of the game.

Ok many thanks, I'll definitely check those @Matt10 sliders for a better experience. I guess I'm feeling that noticeable difference this year between both versions mostly because I was recently playing the old gen FIFA 22 PC and my brain was adapted to that bare bone version (with all that weird movement, sprinting, glitching and laser guided shoots). Didn't had the opportunity to test any new gen version until now mostly because I play all my games on PC. Also I must admit that I was going into trying FIFA 23 with very low expectations, I knew the AI will not be as I'll want to be. But mostly yes, feels some difference between those old/new gen versions, changes are very noticeable especially on players turning and moving, sprinting feels a bit slower, and those shoots, crosses, headers, have some weight to them. I enjoy the fact that they added more off the ball animations on contact between players, and the ball doesn't go that fast when is manipulated. Overall the pace feels slower and better...

I've played a women's match between Arsenal and Chelsea, and stats were mostly acceptable on both sides. Chelsea had more possession, and I was more defensive. There were also fouls, freekicks, CPU got a penalty (handball), and there were two yellow cards on both sides. The score was 1-1 until the minute 112 when I've scored a goal from FK.

FIFA23.jpg

I guess I'll enjoy FIFA 23 this year a lot just for the fact that I can experience those next gen changes for the first time that mostly are new for me (new and better animations, nets, snow, turf effects, the presentation before and during the match, career, woman leagues, World Cup 2022 in the future). Hope they will improve via patches the AI in defense and midfield to track more the players and be more aggressive on winning the ball back...

Last edited:
I think I'm going to refund this game altogether and not wait for a patch. This is worse than '22. The frustrating part is that there are some neat and interesting things in this game, but the game has too many bugs and performance issues. I can't enjoy it.

Not only do the bugs and poor optimization ruin the experience for me, but launching the game is like a roll of the dice. Yesterday, I managed to go around the anti cheat error. Today, I was having difficulty launching the game. I don't have a problem with anti cheat being part of the game, but it shouldn't be an impediment to launching the application. Even Efootball wasn't this stressful, and there's a lot shit to be stressed out about that game.

Thank God I've only spent less than 2 hours of play time on this game. Fuck EA right up their greedy FUT fetish loving ass.

Back
Top Bottom