FIFA 22 Discussion (PC Version)

Oh come on. We all know rule no. 1 of modern gaming:

Do not pre order stuff. You will end up in disappointment half of the time.

If I were him(If I had a next gen console) I would do the same.
The next gen FIFA22 might be disappoing, but who knows?
The disappointment would be nothing, compared to suffering torture to wait for the brand new football game to go down in the price for at least half a year.(especially to the Englishman).

Oh come on. We all know rule no. 1 of modern gaming:

Do not pre order stuff. You will end up in disappointment half of the time.

I will be disappointed with FIFA and I will moan about how shit it is 90% of the time.
However every year, I always buy FIFA, Football Manager and F1 - Nothing will change me from buying these games.

Unless PES ever came good again, which given it hasn’t been for 10+ years makes me think that will never happen.

I will be disappointed with FIFA and I will moan about how shit it is 90% of the time.
However every year, I always buy FIFA, Football Manager and F1 - Nothing will change me from buying these games.

Unless PES ever came good again, which given it hasn’t been for 10+ years makes me think that will never happen.
Fair enough.

I personally don't buy if I don't like the demo, gameplay videos and reviews. This is how I skipped several fifa and pes games cause they didn't offer significant upgrades to satisfy me.

So not content with stiffing PC gamers by only giving them a last gen port of fifa 22, now its reported that it will possibly have DRM that will restrict the game to only one PC activation. Are EA deliberately trying to encourage gamers not to buy it on PC?

So not content with stiffing PC gamers by only giving them a last gen port of fifa 22, now its reported that it will possibly have DRM that will restrict the game to only one PC activation. Are EA deliberately trying to encourage gamers not to buy it on PC?
I think the 1 pc drm thing was removed. Someone mentioned about it earlier in this thread afaik.

Could there be a chance that Fifa 22 on pc will have all the next gen features from last years fifa + new career mode features, only to miss out on the Hypermotion thing?

Could there be a chance that Fifa 22 on pc will have all the next gen features from last years fifa + new career mode features, only to miss out on the Hypermotion thing?
Maybe, nobody knows yet. They didn't label it as a legacy edition at least.

FIFA 22 on PC is the same version as the PS4/Xbox One.
So will have the same features as that.

It will not contain any next gen PS5 features.

I think the 1 pc drm thing was removed. Someone mentioned about it earlier in this thread afaik.

https://evoweb.uk/threads/fifa-22-discussion-pc-version.87500/post-3723364

So, PC can't handle these cartoony graphics? :WORSHIP:

E6q5gcRXEAMEHLf

So, PC can't handle these cartoony graphics? :WORSHIP:

E6q5gcRXEAMEHLf
It's the "machine learning animation" that I think they're claiming is the thing "PCs couldn't handle", not the graphics.

I'm sure they could handle that too (especially given the clips we've seen that look no different from 21) but... Just saying...

It's the "machine learning animation" that I think they're claiming is the thing "PCs couldn't handle", not the graphics.

I'm sure they could handle that too (especially given the clips we've seen that look no different from 21) but... Just saying...
Ok what did they say last year? 😁

Ok what did they say last year? 😁
Did they give any explanation? I would imagine they said that given the vast majority of system specs they can see, they don't want to invest time/money into it for the benefit of what is already a tiny userbase (compared to all the consoles put together).

The same reason offline players like me will get terrible online-focused gameplay for the rest of FIFA's life-cycle.

They could at least put in updated lighting, cloth physics and hairs from next gen versions on pc.

Low end pcs could simply switch off those features to run the game. But they can't be arsed to even do that.

I mean PC doesn't even have HDR from the Ps4 version. I don't think EA cares to make pc ports that are on par with consoles. Even the ps2 era pc ports of fifa games had missing graphical effects from ps2 and og xbox.

Anyway I digress.

The graphics of fifa games on ps4 is below standard to begin with, it shouldn't look that bad on console like this in the first place. On top of that, EA probably wont make big gameplay improvements on old gen and pc ports either.

The same reason offline players like me will get terrible online-focused gameplay for the rest of FIFA's life-cycle.
Internet really ruined many video games. Everything is now microtransaction shitfest. Back when things like these were not feasible, they had to appeal to customers by making better gameplay, game modes and contents.

I personally hate playing online anyway. There is like at least 20-70 ms ping on my end, sometimes 150+ ms.

20ms alone adds too much input lag, so I stay away from online modes.

Did they give any explanation? I would imagine they said that given the vast majority of system specs they can see, they don't want to invest time/money into it for the benefit of what is already a tiny userbase (compared to all the consoles put together).

They stated that they looked at what the minimum and recommended specs would be to include the next gen game play, and decided that too many users wouldn't meet the requirements and be left out in the cold.

So I get the feeling EA thought, every one will buy it anyway as what else they going to buy instead - PES - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Notice how the actual cloth physics of next gen fifa 21 and 22 still doesn't look as good as Fifa 14 ps4?

That was the only game where the clothes actually bounced. Also from Fifa 15 onwards, the lower part of the shirt got stuck/ sewed with the pants. So when players jumped or bounced, the untucked shirts were still sticking with the pants. PES 14 also had something similar like fifa 14 and probably had the best cloth physics so far.

Its not to say that current fifa cloth physics look that bad, its certainly better than PES which looks completely stiff now.

Too bad all the kits nowadays are almost skin tight. So these games don't focus on kit physics anymore. I wish one day we will finally get to see bouncy jerseys like this PES 4 trailer, beautiful:

Last edited:
Excuse by EA

"The addition of HyperMotion technology and Immersive Match Day features to the PC would have increased the minimum requirements and would have resulted in a large proportion of players being unable to run the game. This would have significantly affected our PC community who enjoy FIFA every year, with many players excluded or forced to upgrade their machines to play. We hope that all our PC players will experience the advances in gameplay and the new season of innovation that FIFA 22 has to offer."

Excuse by EA

"The addition of HyperMotion technology and Immersive Match Day features to the PC would have increased the minimum requirements and would have resulted in a large proportion of players being unable to run the game. This would have significantly affected our PC community who enjoy FIFA every year, with many players excluded or forced to upgrade their machines to play. We hope that all our PC players will experience the advances in gameplay and the new season of innovation that FIFA 22 has to offer."
It really is a load of old bollocks though, isn't it? You could point to ray-tracing and DLSS that only certain graphics cards can do, it's just an option in the settings that either you use or you don't. It just smacks of laziness

Excuse by EA

Cute!

I had my PC upgraded in april this year EA. Can I have the next gen for PC? 🙃

¿Le dieron alguna explicación? Me imagino que dijeron que, dada la gran mayoría de las especificaciones del sistema que pueden ver, no quieren invertir tiempo / dinero en él en beneficio de lo que ya es una pequeña base de usuarios (en comparación con todas las consolas juntas).

La misma razón por la que los jugadores fuera de línea como yo obtendrán un juego terrible centrado en línea durante el resto del ciclo de vida de FIFA.

Excuse by EA

forced to update pc components or forced to buy a new generation console, it's the same, just pretexts and pretexts, the business is to buy the new consoles !!!
sorry for my english, i speak spanish

EA's excuse is pretty pathetic but not unexpected. When they released FIFA 21 enhanced for PS5 and XBOX X/S but not for PC then it was a certainty that FIFA 22 would be remain on par with last gen consoles. This decision will undoubtedly harm sales and probably eaplay/origin subscriptions. Serves them right as far as I'm concerned.

EA's excuse is pretty pathetic but not unexpected. When they released FIFA 21 enhanced for PS5 and XBOX X/S but not for PC then it was a certainty that FIFA 22 would be remain on par with last gen consoles. This decision will undoubtedly harm sales and probably eaplay/origin subscriptions. Serves them right as far as I'm concerned.
It will change nothing unfortunately.

Most of the people aren't even aware of these issues. My friends keep buying every fifa game without checking reviews and news. They bought fifa 21 and are planning to pre order 22. And I can't reason with them either.

So there will be plenty of sales.

There are also EA fanboys you are forgetting about. 3 years ago, in some random fifa 14 video, I made a comment about how fifa 14 pc port was inferior and also downgraded from the demo and looked worse than 12 and 13. And I still get attacked by random fanboys on those comments for criticizing the game :LMAO:

3 years ago, in some random fifa 14 video, I made a comment about how fifa 14 pc port was inferior and also downgraded from the demo and looked worse than 12 and 13. And I still get attacked by random fanboys on those comments for criticizing the game :LMAO:
Visually worse than 13 (and from the FIFA 14 demo)... Yeah I agree.
Inferior port (compared to the PS4 and Xbox One versions)... Not really. The PC version of FIFA 14 was the best around when it got released. There was no other version of the game better than the PC one.
PS4 and Xbox One versions launched way later (and at their launch actually became the best versions around), but it's a bit unfair to say that FIFA 14 was launched as a downgraded port.

They have no excuse with 22 though. PC should be next-gen (and then, should they want to, scalable so also older PC could run it doing away with some graphical elements).

Doubt it will effect sales at all given the price they are charging for it and now PES is no more I can see many coming back to FIFA, plus stadia has next gen.

Visually worse than 13 (and from the FIFA 14 demo)... Yeah I agree.
Inferior port (compared to the PS4 and Xbox One versions)... Not really. The PC version of FIFA 14 was the best around when it got released. There was no other version of the game better than the PC one.
PS4 and Xbox One versions launched way later (and at their launch actually became the best versions around), but it's a bit unfair to say that FIFA 14 was launched as a downgraded port.

They have no excuse with 22 though. PC should be next-gen (and then, should they want to, scalable so also older PC could run it doing away with some graphical elements).

Gameplay is subjective though. I absolutely hated the delayed unresponsive controls.

Back
Top Bottom