FIFA 22 Discussion (PC Version)

Thank you for the feeback. I'll take note to widen the height/zoom range in that stadium. No problem.

Here the first test

Now I'm testing with color grading (first test). The downgrade in FIFA 22 is higher than I expected. The turf looks really bad at night. Here some before-after pic (mowpattern by default).
View attachment 125391
That is some real next-gen stuff PC version deserve! Looks so amazing and desirable. I am happy to resist buying any console and waited for it.

For the time being I am fiddling with Cheat Engine and got some great results. Same as the video. Camera angles are the definite game changer in Fifa.

Does anyone have stuttering issues on PC? I'm getting frustrated with this stuttering!
I've enough powerful PC, so no problem with that.
Go to your Documents folder and set DIRECTX_SELECT = 1 in your fifasetup.ini for DirectX 11 which still runs better than their DirectX 12 implementation.

Thank you for the feeback. I'll take note to widen the height/zoom range in that stadium. No problem.

Here the first test

Now I'm testing with color grading (first test). The downgrade in FIFA 22 is higher than I expected. The turf looks really bad at night. Here some before-after pic (mowpattern by default).
View attachment 125391

Great job mate! It looks awesome with the new illumination

Last edited:
Is there anyway to unlock EA Sports Game Cam in FIFA 22 on PC? I have a feeling like the game has the camera somehow and locked in the game code. {I know I am repeating this request, pardon me.. Just have a feeling, that's all}.

Last edited:
Is there anyway to unlock EA Sports Game Cam in FIFA 22 on PC? I have a feeling like the game has the game somehow and locked in the game code. {I know I am repeating this request, pardon me.. Just have a feeling, that's all}.
The exact cam, no. There will be mods which get close I’m sure, but they’d need to be custom made.

Is there anyway to unlock EA Sports Game Cam in FIFA 22 on PC? I have a feeling like the game has the camera somehow and locked in the game code. {I know I am repeating this request, pardon me.. Just have a feeling, that's all}.
For now the only way to mod a camera is via Cheat Engine. This way you get better camera than next gen camera by altering broadcast camera rates. You force the zoom level of default rates to the negative values which zoom out the camera way more than default. IMO it is much better because it is more immersed. NG camera is not panning like real life broadcast cams, instead it pans a bit but also follows the ball when you go left or right side of the pitch. But broadcast cam stays put and just pans the camera like real broadcast.

There is a guide previous pages if you want to fiddle around with Cheat Engine.

Last edited:
That is some real next-gen stuff PC version deserve! Looks so amazing and desirable. I am happy to resist buying any console and waited for it.

For the time being I am fiddling with Cheat Engine and got some great results. Same as the video. Camera angles are the definite game changer in Fifa.
Just for my understanding, mods for FIFA22 will surely make it better. They won’t make up for the stuff that hypermotion brings to the table, right?

Just for my understanding, mods for FIFA22 will surely make it better. They won’t make up for the stuff that hypermotion brings to the table, right?
It is an impossible task I assume. But we never know, maybe some coders and modders do wonders and discover some secrets in game codes. But the chances are nearly zero IMO.

Never say never, but If it's compiled into sort of exe binary code then it would be most likely impossible to reverse engineer that and decipher, since it's probably not something that is disabled on pc by some feature toggle, it's probably completely different bunch of code, so without source code not gonna happen. On the other hand, they somehow release most of the changes in patches in all platforms, so either they have decoupled a lot of things and platform agnostic then I can't see they are reimplementing same stuff/fixes on different code bases, I doubt. There are a lot of things exact same in both, so I assume they somehow work on the same code base, and manage different platforms by plug in/out some features. They should just enable that on PC, as turn on/off setting whatever, you have that on xbox ss which is nowhere near pc power, you got hypermotion bs on stadia even right? I doubt stadia is running that on ps5/xbox cluster or emulator :) so it would be another evidence that there's a PC code with hypermotion bs available somewhere.

Last edited:
The new update has actually made the game better for me. I don't know if it's placebo or not but seems like my CDM's track runners better especially in counter attacks and I get more fouls too. Also keepers aren't super man at close range too. Very much enjoying it.
Are you on Pc and NG? I had some solid games last night with the update also.

I am not sure if the consoles get the update yet. PC always get it first.
Gameplay is better but I dont like the goalkeepers.
EA to avoid big scores they make Goalkeepers like a superman.
I play at world class last night and the AI goalkeeper make the most amazing saves at his life.
That makes me mad!!!

Never say never, but If it's compiled into sort of exe binary code then it would be most likely impossible to reverse engineer that and decipher, since it's probably not something that is disabled on pc by some feature toggle, it's probably completely different bunch of code, so without source code not gonna happen. On the other hand, they somehow release most of the changes in patches in all platforms, so either they have decoupled a lot of things and platform agnostic then I can't see they are reimplementing same stuff/fixes on different code bases, I doubt. There are a lot of things exact same in both, so I assume they somehow work on the same code bases, and manage different platforms by plug in/out some features. They should just enable that on PC, as turn on/off setting whatever, you have that on xbox ss which is nowhere near pc power, you got hypermotion bs on stadia even right? I doubt stadia is running that on ps5/xbox cluster or emulator :) so it would be another evidence that there's a PC code with hypermotion bs available somewhere.

You should have said 'decent high-end PC', or at least 'decent PC' instead of 'PC'. You know what, the majority is still using GTX1050 or lower.

With Newcastle about to become the richest club in the world, how do we make them that powerul in Career mode? 😅

You should have said 'decent high-end PC', or at least 'decent PC' instead of 'PC'. You know what, the majority is still using GTX1050 or lower.
I really doubt NG version would require a lot of horsepower than the current gen version. Current gen uses my 2080S's only 30%-40% power at 4K 60 FPS. There is no HUGE visual difference between NG and current gen and biggest difference is hypermotion which would require CPU power and current gen also uses just 10% of CPU on my 3700x. NG consoles are not that powerful. They can't do native 4K 60 FPS in almost any AAA games.

I think there is a big lie in EA's sayings. That "we made the PC current gen so everyone can play" statement is just a lie IMO. They want you to have consoles. EA did the same thing everytime when new gen consoles released, since PS2 generation started. I honestly believe that it is some sort of aggreement between console companies and EA (It also applies in NBA series as well).

Last edited:

The PS5 equivalent PC graphics card is a RTX 2070 super so gonna need a decent rig
I'm not sure why are you even comparing PC to PS5 etc where I mentioned xbox ss explicitly. I will say it again, are you guys aware that "next gen" fifa is available for xbox series S???, it is freaking 4 teraflops while we, on PC, do not have it :LMAO: . There's literally no excuse, this is just disgrace, it's obviously done because of some marketing bs money or deal they have with those ng consoles vendors, I don't buy any other reason, you could also implement that as a feature toggle as a last resort.

Last edited:
They should just enable that on PC, as turn on/off setting whatever, you have that on xbox ss which is nowhere near pc power, you got hypermotion bs on stadia even right? I doubt stadia is running that on ps5/xbox cluster or emulator :) so it would be another evidence that there's a PC code with hypermotion bs available somewhere.

You're saying my exact thoughts.

Also, Stadia allowing you to play the next-gen version with a potato kills the statement of "Bringing HyperMotion technology and Immersive Match Day features to PC would have raised the minimum spec requirements and resulted in a large proportion of players unable to run the game."

Think it in this way. Let's suppose EA released FIFA 22 Next-Gen in PC:
1) If you had a good PC, you would have been able to play it directly in your own computer
2) If you had an outdated computer, you still had the Stadia option

As it is now, even the people who has a good computer to run the old gen game in PC, it's buying the next-gen version in Stadia or a console

Last edited:
How long could it take before we get the gameplay files? Do you think some patch fixing fouls (if some patch) will be delivered later this year or maybe 2022?
gameplay files can already be viewed with Paul's tool. i haven't tried but they should be editable too

I'm not sure why are you even comparing PC to PS5 etc where I mentioned xbox ss explicitly. I will say it again, are you guys aware that "next gen" fifa is available for xbox series S???, it is freaking 4 teraflops while we, on PC, do not have it :LMAO: . There's literally no excuse, this is just disgrace, it's obviously done because of some marketing bs money or deal they have with those ng consoles vendors, I don't buy any other reason, you could also implement that as a feature toggle as a last resort.

You definately are not getting what I meant:LMAO:.

I really doubt NG version would require a lot of horsepower than the current gen version. Current gen uses my 2080S's only 30%-40% power at 4K 60 FPS. There is no HUGE visual difference between NG and current gen and biggest difference is hypermotion which would require CPU power and current gen also uses just 10% of CPU on my 3700x. NG consoles are not that powerful. They can't do native 4K 60 FPS in almost any AAA games.

I think there is a big lie in EA's sayings. That "we made the PC current gen so everyone can play" statement is just a lie IMO. They want you to have consoles. EA did the same thing everytime when new gen consoles released, since PS2 generation started. I honestly believe that it is some sort of aggreement between console companies and EA (It also applies in NBA series as well).

Maybe you're replying to wrong person. I didn't say anything about comparison.

Anyway, I agree with your second opinion. Yep, it's an absolute excuse.
EA could have made two versions: next gen version for decent PC, old gen version for old PC, just like they did on consoles.
But they didn't.

Is Fifa 21 with mods better to play with for now? Until mods for 22 is out
I think 22 is the best it's been at launch for years, before even thinking about the gameplay which is better than last year's it's just more detailed ,the faces of squads in my Leeds team is so detailed even some of the youth look realistic , certain teams anthem's playing when teams walk out ,im waiting for mods so I can do transfers for other teams during master league and little things like that but the game doesn't feel already out of date at launch like it usually does

Both. But PC seemed a bit different after the update. In a good way. NG personally didn't change much.
Agree with that, the PC version feels better since the update. Teams behave a bit more like teams, which makes defending less dependent on prayers.
Still GKs are weird, paring everything then letting go easy shots. It breaks a bit the goal scoring part, as it feels a bit random for now.

Has anyone come across a LOD mod? Normally I'd get one of Fidel's/DoctorPlus but it seems he's moved to a Patreon only model now :(

Had this pop up, not sure what -1 goals is about when he scored in the last match!

Fifa.jpg

Talking of bugs, anyone else getting really loud white noise sound when the post match interview loads? Kills my ears if I don't remember to mute the sound!

Well, although I was able to get stadia up to 4K, I did not like the stutters from time to time. The PC version is too darn smooth to pass up. Yes the next gen gameplay is a bit better, the PC version is just so smooth, and fun!

I refunded my stadia version. Maybe next year the next gen version will be on origin and I can use my graphics card rather than streaming.

is there any possibility or patch that can make the game look sharp on gameplay cam? here it looked a little blurry and washed out.

all settings on Ultra and the game runs with 130fps on my 10-year-old rig but does not look good during gameplay compare with PES2021.

is there a "LOD Tweaker" that can be used for online play ???

Back
Top Bottom