FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

Just 5 years ago, i would've scrambled to get home from college to download the demo to see what new fifa would be like. Fast forward today and i have gamepass on series x with ea access which allows me to play 10 hours of the game and i havent even downloaded it. Can't really point at as to why there is no excitement anymore. Although i might succumb to those net physics.

Have experienced the same exact thing
In fact i played the beta earlier and animations were way better

hope its an issue with trial version download otherwise will not be buying fifa ever again...
What i saw from earlier vids was much more convincing indeed. But it clearly says "PS5" on the starting screen.

Responsive or not, when this is the result you can go back to 22 squares chasing a white dot. It takes any immersion from the game and when you go back to PES2021 you think you traveled 40 years into future.

Ah yes sorry. I didn't remember that "feature", even if i had brought the game, i would thinked of it when i would have played sincerely.

I discovered Krebstar’s sliders for FIFA 19 and apply variations of them to all Fifa now for FUMA.

The main points for slowing it down are these:
PASSING: Human 40/13 CPU (believe it or not, on manual passing this looks like the same speed in-game)
FIRST TOUCH ERROR: 95/95
SPRINT: 35/35
POWER BAR: 60
Applied them last night, It’s a start!
let’s see if operation sports can tame the AI passing a bit.

edit: will try @Anth James set this morning.

Last edited:
A quick question for those who have access to Fifa 22 already. Is the Volta arcade mode also playable offline? I´m only interesed in it for the foot volley / tennis mode, seems fun! And it Volta arcade included in last gen versions (xbox one / ps4)? Thanks for the help! :)

Got my first pen this morning , missed it lol ..I've messed with sliders a bit on legendary and had 4 fouls in one game ..still inconsistent but I'm hopeful they can be increased a bit.. the other aspect of fouls is the ref , I've seen a few body checks that are obvious fouls that get ignored

Last night I set up a CM with my beloved and was overwhelmed by a sense of familiarity. It's maybe, partly, my fault. I am pretty rigid in my approach to CMs and MLs. But I feel as if I could've configured the menus it with my eyes closed.

Straight out of the box settings, World Class. I don't have the attention span to comb through all the toggles and sliders up front, and that's before my aforementioned complex which makes it difficult to tinker with any freedom and abandon.

Took a deep breath and entered a Zen-like state of calm.

"Play the game it is, not the one you want it to be."

And it wasn't impossible to derive pleasure. There were some ridiculous moments (Figure 1) and some lovely moments (Figure 2).

It's not just the way I set up my CMs and MLs, my play style is pretty perfunctory too, and my FIFA system of yore (counter attacking 4-2-3-1; SBs, SMs, AM, ST with any amount of pace) was almost disappointingly effective. I was carving up teams with the standard one-two and chipped through balls.

At this point I realise I'll be lucky if anyone is still reading so let's cut to the interesting, visual bit:

Figure 1:

How can this still be happening in football games in 2021?

Figure 2 (Please ignore the Doric patois with my fellow cityman Mr Rae):

When it clicks, it can still be very rewarding. Sure I could pick apart how their LB switches off, but Scottish Premiership defenders do that.

In summary, I think it's a step in the right direction but not good enough to justify any time to tweak. And certainly not good enough to buy. I could play it for the year if all other football games were taken away. I could also never play it again. No doubt everything I do like will be patched out by November.
----

Reassured by the backing my tweet is getting:

Obviously @Matt10 and TTB got a good reaction with their responses but they're big dogs in the community, not a little no mark like moi.

Typical; you spend all this time making and sharing Master League content, old magazine clippings, quizzes. Turns out all you need do to pique Twitter's interest is bash FIFA. 😄 If no-one had engaged with my Simpsons reference yesterday I would've had to consider my position (thanks @Chris Davies).

Is auto switching not working?
I set it to auto but it only works with high passes / crosses.

Would love to have auto switching as the defending (or maybe just me) sucks.
So do goalkeepers btw. On some shoots moving high towards the goal the keeper just goes horizontal, without even fully strecthing his arms. Looks terrible.

Hey guys. I just posted this on the PC thread. I’m not sure how it will translate to next gen, but could be worth a try.

///

Ok guys, give this a go and see what you think. Some of the line adjustments are quite extreme, but I've had a couple of games and I've had way more of a midfield. I feel like the massive discrepancy in line height between user and CPU is really helping the passing lanes. 1v1 is still there etc, but I've found this has helped. It will most likely need more work (I'm still not overly happy with my team's midfield defensive position) and it might break down after more play - but I've actually quite enjoyed the last few matches (which I could never say on 21) and as I've said it's felt like there's much more of a midfield. I

Legendary/World Class

Slow speed

Semi-controls

Pass Block Assistance Off and all of the auto assists, clearances etc (not sure if this makes a difference)

Sprint Speed: 44 /44
Acceleration: 51/51
Shot Error: 60/60
Pass Error 57/57
Shot Speed: 49/49
Pass Speed: 38/38
Injury Frequency: 50/50
Injury Severity: 50/50
Goalkeeper Ability: 50/50
Marking: 77/77
Run Frequency: 20/20
Line Height: 50/94
Edit: Actually try USER HEIGHT at 10. I think I prefer this. I'm finding it puts your team in a more realistic position to build your attack and in a better defensive position also.
Line Length: 1/1
Line Width: 15/15
Fullback: 25/25
First Touch Error: 60/60
Thank you pal. This already makes a huge difference and it’s more to my liking. :D

Line height on 10 I’m not sure. It leaves a huge gap between my midfield in my defense of line, which sits very deep. Gives the AI a lot of room for counterattacks.

On a sidenote, when I played Chelsea versus Arsenal and brought on Harvard and Werner very late, I did notice the difference between the knackered players and the fresh ones immediately. This is more pronounced in 22 I would say (compared to 16). It sure how it was in 21.

This game needs fouls so badly. Keeper’s need fixing and polishing too, to be more consistent.

Last edited:
Thank you pal. This already makes a huge difference and it’s more to my liking. :D

Line height on 10 I’m not sure. It leaves a huge gap between my midfield in my defense of line, which sits very deep. Gives the AI a lot of room for counterattacks.

On a sidenote, when I played Chelsea versus Arsenal and brought on Harvard and Werner very late, I did notice the difference between the knackered players and the fresh ones immediately. This is more pronounced in 22 I would say (compared to 16). It sure how it was in 21.

This game needs fouls so badly. Keeper’s need fixing and polishing too, to be more consistent.
Are you playing on next gen? I haven’t played it on ps5 so not sure how it translates. Thanks for the feedback. Is their less of a gap with 50 height? I haven’t found that I’m open for counters on PC, I feel everything is much tighter and the spacing is better - but it’s very early days so far!

Something just happened that I can't recall happening for many years, I shouted at the TV in celebration after scoring a goal in a Fifa game.

Playing against Porto in CM (World class, slow). The AI was doing a perfect away game job on me. 1-0 up and hitting me on the counter, could've easily had another one or two goals.

I pull one back with a few minutes to go, their players are tired and there's gaps in the midfield after I change pressure to attacking. And then this happens.

It was such a genuine moment, after I'd dug deep and managed to turn the game around. A game I was deservedly losing.

For the love of god EA, don't ruin this. It's such a good step in the right direction.

Are you playing on next gen? I haven’t played it on ps5 so not sure how it translates. Thanks for the feedback. Is their less of a gap with 50 height? I haven’t found that I’m open for counters on PC, I feel everything is much tighter and the spacing is better - but it’s very early days so far!
Yeah. I’m on PS5. 50 is better. Less gap.
will have another match now.

Yeah. I’m on PS5. 50 is better. Less gap.
will have another match now.
Awesome. I’m finding just like pes, position name has a fairly big impact on positioning and behaviour. LCM and RCM don’t seem to drop far enough or track much despite any adjustments/instructions. CM and CDM they’re generally better. CDM is the best of the lot.

Agree about fouls also. The physicality in some ways is better on 22, it’s less glitchy when players come together but there’s nowhere near enough fouls.

I have made some great games yesterday.
I'm in love with this FIFA
Xbox Series X version seems slower than PS5 version with the same sittings, I don't know why.
When I switched on my Xbox Series X, all my settings except my sliders were ok, because it's the same Ea Account I think.

Ajax Vs Galatasaray (Xbox Series X)

Juventus Vs As Roma (Xbox Series X)

United Vs PSG (Xbox Series X)

England Vs Netherlands (PS5)

I'm study how we could have more fault, it's the big problem this year

Anyone else think the presentation has taken a step backwards this year? I get the same cutscene of the manager talking to the sub every single match.

I remember the cutscenes being more varied previously, showing earlier goals etc. Celebrations are also too short.

I also haven't noticed the players doing different gestures like talking to each other mid match etc as advertised with hypermotion. Maybe I've not looked hard enough.

This is on PS5.

Just a note, line height doesnt' do anything, so put it at 1 or 100 - does zero. It's a big issue with this year's game. You can take a midfielder and start having them face goal, send a runner - and the defensive line backs off as a unit - sometimes as far back as the 6-yard box. Dropback teams are worst off than press teams of course, but it's still bad and exactly what I fed back in my 1 post on the beta forums.

Just a note, line height doesnt' do anything, so put it at 1 or 100 - does zero. It's a big issue with this year's game. You can take a midfielder and start having them face goal, send a runner - and the defensive line backs off as a unit - sometimes as far back as the 6-yard box. Dropback teams are worst off than press teams of course, but it's still bad and exactly what I fed back in my 1 post on the beta forums.
Is this next gen Matt? I feel on pc it was having an impact on base positioning.

Yeah, sounds like next gen moved to a different brand new system for positioning. No one bothered to consider sliders and how they fit into this. Minor miracle some of them still ... well, have *some* effect actually. I'd expect all line settings to not have an effect though if this the reason. Is it only height that does nothing? That would be a bit weird. The way they swift from one side of the pitch to the other when play is switched is also tied to hypermotion so width could be fixed as well.

Last edited:
So it's basically back to what we've done with Pes before ,edit teams (mainly your own league) to get a good experience?
I didn't play much FIFA 21 for obvious reasons ,but 10 seasons on 20 ,and some teams were really keeping a low standing defence ,and most enjoyable games on Fifa 20 were always Vs better teams (more open and realistic)

I have finished my sliders with a D4 English Match and Celtics Vs Rangers

Sliders

User / AI

Speed: 50/50
Acceleration: 46/49
Error in strike: 55/70
Error in passes: 55/60
Strike Speed: 45/45
Speed of passes: 35/35
Injury frequency: 80/70
Severity of Injuries: 30/53
GK level: 55/50
Positioning marking: 57/60
Race frequency positioning: 27/52
Professional positioning of the line def: 60/50
Positioning and positioning of the Def line: 48/50
Wide positioning of the line def: 51/48
Rear mounted positioning: 49/50
User power bar: 50/-
Bad control: 55/65

Celtic Vs Rangers

Exeter City Vs Forest Green
Thanks for the qpr video the other night mate. It looked good.
would you say it feels better than 21 on PS4?

ideally I would get on ps5 but am having no luck in getting hold of a new console.

It meant high-quality data could finally be captured in a real football match. “We picked these two teams from Spain’s third tier because they have an historic rivalry,” Eaves says.

EA’s direction was minimal beyond briefing the players and coaching staff that it was a “must-win match.” Not that the game needed an extra edge. “Just like in a real game, players were subbed on and off, we could capture tired defenders and fresh forwards as the game opened up," recalls Eaves. "You could feel the animosity. There were so many fouls in the first five minutes – it was exactly what we wanted.”

Meanwhile, I wonder what went wrong and they couldn't import all that good data into the HyperMotion system. Can we bring that up with EA cause it sounds like they really wanted to have many fouls in the game.

What about PS5 controller and haptic-feedback ... is it always implemented (like tacles, pushing, pulling, sliding etc), or just when something happens (hit post or score a goal)

Is that REALLY the game Tempo? Or it's a bashing from that guy i don't know?
Well, i don't care about YTuber at all, i know some because people are talking about them otherwhise... I wouldn't even know that Spoony (a name i heard somewhere) was a Ytoutuber neither "Kurt from FIFA".
But the tempo, holy crap. It's over what i can accept. I already HATED Fifa 20 and some here seems to don't hate it, so...

Now i'm hesitating. I saw other vids, but people tryed to play "like" football. BUT it's not what i'm waiting for : i'm waiting for a game that force you to play football with the physics and the tempo related to it. Not creating the illusion by yourself telling "but i'm playing football". No. If three passes and one shot work to score, i don't see why i will makes a mix of tiki-taka just for creating myself an illusion of "i'm playing a football based game not really ressembling football, but i try to make it looking like it". I don't have that issue with... You know, i won't compare but it just doesn't work, only when there's logic.

I already saw some physics aberrations / X-men stuffs and i tried to digest it, but the passing tempo is a big no.
I'm hesitating to buy it now. As i play direct, and fast building. Sometimes yes i wait, but when it's necessary to pass through the defence.

Back
Top Bottom