FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

I’m not so sure myself. I’ve had it on 3 occasions now where my centre half’s just run the other way. Like they are set to get into the hyper motion formation and not to read the play.
I try to change to them but it kept changing to everyone else.

actually. I’m starting to enjoy it 😂

Last edited:
Well well well.
I don't expect that from the retail but EA deserved to be congrarulate.
It's better than the beta.
Ai is better, long shots everywhere, GK are greats but sometimes they are dumbed.
On vanilla, I saw crosses, center, long shots no silly dribbles.
Legend on FUMA is too strong for me, I have made 7 vidéos of all my matches. Upload is on the way😉.
I really love this game. I have apply some sliders, only to slow it down but in général, it's really.
I have the night bug who accelerate the game, but it's slower than FIFA 21 nextgen!

Very impressive.
But always the lack of faults!!
Colors are very good on my TV, night matches were very nice.
I have 10 hours for PS4 and Xbox one and 10 others hours for PS5 and Xbox Series X!

Well well well.
I don't expect that from the retail but EA deserved to be congrarulate.
It's better than the beta.
Ai is better, long shots everywhere, GK are greats but sometimes they are dumbed.
On vanilla, I saw crosses, center, long shots no silly dribbles.
Legend on FUMA is too strong for me, I have made 7 vidéos of all my matches. Upload is on the way😉.
I really love this game. I have apply some sliders, only to slow it down but in général, it's really.
I have the night bug who accelerate the game, but it's slower than FIFA 21 nextgen!

Very impressive.
But always the lack of faults!!
Colors are very good on my TV, night matches were very nice.
I have 10 hours for PS4 and Xbox one and 10 others hours for PS5 and Xbox Series X!
Have you played on both consoles yet? Im playing as I mentioned earlier on ps4 and I'm really liking it. I've played about 6 friendly matches, gameplay really is slower than before, I've only played a bit of Fifa 20(career) btw not long ago, but this has more weight and freedom, I feel like it's less assisted on default settings aswell and ball physics are better, like they stated it would be for both generations. My games were all tight and either 1-0 or 0-1, only lost by 2-0 with Benfica vs Besiktas..and yes, there are litteraly no fouls.
I'm more of a PES player, barely played Fifa for years but this hopefully will be a good year to invest some time in Fifa 22 and its career mode.

Yep, this is pretty neat. I've always thought one of the biggest steps towards a more realistic experience would actually be to move away from universal difficulty levels, so I was presently surprised when I saw this in the menu!
I wish it actually took the playing style of the player in to account a little more, but it's a welcome addition nonetheless.
I've played about 6 games but not tested it out yet. Do you feel any difference? Will try it out tomorrow. Yeah, I had to look it up to see what it actually was when I saw it in the settings.

people are somewhat optimistic about the game, but scared that the developers will mess it up in a future update
☝️this.
I'll save myself frustration and just watch from the bushes whats happening next few weeks. If the game is still good by xmas - there's a chance.
Altho im not gonna lie - complete lack of fouls and physicality plays a big part in my decision. Not pushed at all.
But im glad there's hope and people are happy.....ish

Keeping an eye on this. Will consider getting the trial access thing for a quid if people's first impressions hold up.

One thing I'm worried about: how is FUMA on FIFA? I've heard people say it's far less free than on PES. I don't know if I can give up that sense of freedom. No Super Cancel either.

Keeping an eye on this. Will consider getting the trial access thing for a quid if people's first impressions hold up.

One thing I'm worried about: how is FUMA on FIFA? I've heard people say it's far less free than on PES. I don't know if I can give up that sense of freedom. No Super Cancel either.

FUMA has felt off to me post FIFA 17.

In terms of super cancel, it actually exists (once again?) as of FIFA 21.
  1. Hard Super Cancel - L2/LT + R2/RT + L1/LB + R1/RB - Allows players to go into free move in any situation, except when dribbling with the ball.
  2. Pass/Shot Cancel - L2/LT + R2/RT - Allows you to cancel any pass or shot request, and continue dribbling with the ball.

Benfica Vs Sporting Lisbonne – Speed passes 35 et Shoot speed 45

FC Porto Vs Benfica - Legend - Vanilla

Lyon Vs St Etienne – Legend - Sliders

Boca Vs River Plate – Legend - Sliders

Dortmund Vs Rb Leipzig - World Class - Sliders

Aston Villa Vs Everton – Legend - Sliders

Inter Milan – Milan AC - World Class - Sliders

Have you played on both consoles yet? Im playing as I mentioned earlier on ps4 and I'm really liking it. I've played about 6 friendly matches, gameplay really is slower than before, I've only played a bit of Fifa 20(career) btw not long ago, but this has more weight and freedom, I feel like it's less assisted on default settings aswell and ball physics are better, like they stated it would be for both generations. My games were all tight and either 1-0 or 0-1, only lost by 2-0 with Benfica vs Besiktas..and yes, there are litteraly no fouls.
I'm more of a PES player, barely played Fifa for years but this hopefully will be a good year to invest some time in Fifa 22 and its career mode.
Nop only PS5 for 4 hours. It's late now but tomorrow I will try PS4:COOL:

One thing I'm worried about: how is FUMA on FIFA? I've heard people say it's far less free than on PES. I don't know if I can give up that sense of freedom. No Super Cancel either
There is super cancel, just a weird combination.

Obviously - I didnt play this one, but I can certainly tell you few things about fuma on Fifa.
16 was perfect, as I still play this now (and love it).
From 18 up FUMA was... weird. I certainly wouldnt say it was less free than Pes, if anything - it felt much more free... and random.
Its probably due to "Lock on to target" mechanism. See in Fifa you have two options - it will lock to the target early, when you press the pass button, or it will lock onto last minute, when player kicks the ball.
Due to players being twitchy as fuck - both are not working great.
If its early lock on - your player might twitch and turn, resulting his body being away from the direction and passes going to shite.
Late lock on is very hard for Pes players to get used to, coz quite often our muscle memory assumes that direction is locked and we are trying to start a run with the player as we kick the ball. Which results in pass going towards direction we wanted to turn last minute.

It takes a lot of time to get used to FUMA on FIFA and its much more challenging/frustrating than Pes.

But its also rewarding and (due to much more free ball) adds more randomness than on Pes, where FUMA still sometimes feels a little bit assisted..

There's a hope here, as from what people say, the pace of the game is slower, so there might not be as much twitchiness and over-responsiveness in players, which might result in much nicer FUMA gameplay.

Not gonna lie, I'm liking it.
My biggest gripe so far is defending. It's giving me a very hard time on World Class, set to Legacy Defending.

And I still can't figure out why it's not running as smoothly as it should on my PS5.

I'm enjoying it. SeriesX version is great. I don't know why some people aren't seeing fouls from the AI, I had them in all the games I played. I play mostly on manual for everything except semi for passing and crosses and the game really frees itself up then. I went ahead and bought the game on pre-order after playing the trial.

FIFA has been a good game of video game footy since '08, so it's no surprise that '22 is good too. Loving the new Create Club mode! Take a lowly club of no-hopers, name, kit and badge of your design, and turn them into world-beaters over many seasons. What timing for this mode to come along in the year when there is no new Master League. This mode alone is a reason to buy on Day 1 for me. The last time I bought a FIFA on day 1 was FIFA15. The year there was no PES until November.

Gameplay is good again. It's really satisfying to knock the ball around, and I've always liked FIFA's shooting. I suspect though that, as every year, FIFA's role this year will again be to sweeten the eventual return to (retro) PES.

I'm seeing LOTS of spectacular, in-off-the-bar, Tony Yeboah-style finishes from the AI and myself. There's been at least one such goal per match at the moment (played about 7 10-minute games). I've also seen a lot of the ball hitting the insides of posts in crazy ways, including one where the ball rolled along the line and hit the other post. To have so much woodwork drama in the very first matches suggests that it's a coded feature of this FIFA. Both football games in recent years have leaned a lot on hitting-the-woodwork to keep scorelines low and generate excitement, but it seems FIFA22 is going for the spectacular fizzing-in-off-the-woodwork goal as a regular staple. Should get lots of screaming wow moments from the online streamers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom
I’m someone who enjoys Fifa at first every year and then bounces off it. I did have a few games that I enjoyed tonight but the more I played ( also tired ) the more it just became another Fifa.
It slightly reminded me of how twenty was or nineteen, when it first came.
The lack of fouls is crazy.
I can see the newness wearing off on others like myself pretty soon.
If I’m honest, Its not enough for me to buy it and will get it in the sales maybe, just for co op with my mates.

Last edited:
Thought I was gonna enjoy this but no chance, only lasted 2 minutes playing this game, it is very floaty, I know that fifas always been like this but for me it has to be the worst version for floating, terrible no chance I’ll be playing this and this was set on slow, also the dribbling feels like Volta just didn’t feel natural to me, shooting feels ok as well as manual passing, didn’t dig too deep cos like I said only played 2 minutes and deleted the game, good luck guys

Last edited:
Ok as i said the same thing as BETA, it's not perfect but it has something.
The pace is good but i would like it even slower. Really hate player movement physics with no inertia or weight.
Also, goal net sound when you set tight is really fantastic. Both physics and sound. It makes me feel i just want to score many many goals.

which camera are you using?

Finally , i've been asking this for years but off the ball players have some proper weight and movement now. This is shaping up to be the best Fifa since 12. Even UT feels good and not lighting fast which i've been hating since 16.

Again, what I see proves my impression that the graphics is a step back from FIFA 21 for PS5.I was very intrigued to see what they will do mostly graphically, this year on the next-gen platforms but the impressive next gen looking player's hairs and kits from last years looks now from plastics and wood again most of time ... such a shame.

Again, what I see proves my impression that the graphics is a step back from FIFA 21 for PS5.I was very intrigued to see what they will do mostly graphically, this year on the next-gen platforms but the impressive next gen looking player's hairs and kits from last years looks now from plastics and wood again most of time ... such a shame.
Graphics for me are miles better than 21. Much clearer and brighter. Must be down to TVs as I've read about bright neon pitches on twitter, pitches look fine for me

After 7 matches, i think this game is really good, far better than FIFA 21 nextgen. If you don't see hyper motion, it's strange. AI is stronger this year. On FUMA it's hard on World class, I never feeling that since... I don't remember !
The big problem is the lack of faults. I will try when I will have the full game the 27th September!
I doesn't want to stop yesterday night, it's a very good sign. I didn't expect long rangs.
I hope that a shitty patch will not arrive 🙏🤞

FIFA 22 graphics are better than FIFA 21 nextgen. The render is different on my TV 65" 4K HDR. YouTube compression maybe

Well sometimes you could have a misunderstood with "graphics" and "colors", i mean HDR isn't always looking accurate in some games.
It's too shiny, and could makes the whole things looks cartoonish.
I gotted the patience to settle it for some games (i mean my own TV setting to fit with HDR rendering) i didn't even checked if i can save an rename very different settings on my TV.

I don't mean to change to "Cinema" from "Standard" or whatever but keeping the same for example "Standard" but with multiple configurations.
Just my 2 cents from videos i saw about the 2 games (21 and 22) on PS5 with exactly the same rendering and setting (no HDR on my monitor) i can tell it's by far more detailled on close range in FIFA 22.
From Long range it's looking better but still a football game, so on the pitch while playing, you can't really add tons of details. It's a lot about the design choices, automatic rendering like lighting, and animations.

Good midfield compression and aggression on what I watched of porto benfica

Back
Top Bottom