FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

Any idea of the difficulty you was playing on?
Because the defence and the midfield looked really passive.
Yes, after I played this game. I went to Settings (doing my head in, so difficult to even explore those options in Thai language) and realized that the AI is in beginner difficulty. There is no other difficulty. Only beginner and custom. Custom has many advanced options, but couldn't figure out what's what. There's auto manual semi stuffs with AI defense assistance options and so much more (according to my thinking while I saw it). After setting it to whatever options in the custom tab, I went for another online match against a super good legends + top player only team. My team = Manchester United full squad. Conceded 2 goals within 10 minutes, lol. After this match, I thought, F it, the language and options are doing my head in so wildly, thus uninstalled it. But oh my, the gameplay is far superior and better than Frostbite FIFAs, not a chance it is par with it. It has that old FIFA (15 or 16) feeling. The pace, dribbling, animations are all smooth and a lot better than FIFA 22 on PC. Net Physics are a lot better than FIFA 22 PC, even par with FIFA 22 Next-Gen. You see, the graphics are great as well. My recorded settings are a bit low, thus the quality is not equal as I play it on my PC.

Yes, after I played this game. I went to Settings (doing my head in, so difficult to even explore those options in Thai language) and realized that the AI is in beginner difficulty. There is no other difficulty. Only beginner and custom. Custom has many advanced options, but couldn't figure out what's what. There's auto manual semi stuffs with AI defense assistance options and so much more (according to my thinking while I saw it). After setting it to whatever options in the custom tab, I went for another online match against a super good legends + top player only team. My team = Manchester United full squad. Conceded 2 goals within 10 minutes, lol. After this match, I thought, F it, the language and options are doing my head in so wildly, thus uninstalled it. But oh my, the gameplay is far superior and better than Frostbite FIFAs, not a chance it is par with it. It has that old FIFA (15 or 16) feeling. The pace, dribbling, animations are all smooth and a lot better than FIFA 22 on PC. Net Physics are a lot better than FIFA 22 PC, even par with FIFA 22 Next-Gen. You see, the graphics are great as well. My recorded settings are a bit low, thus the quality is not equal as I play it on my PC.
I don't know if this can be a fun fuct, and i think i am the least appropriate guy to give facts about FIFA, but given the size of the TRAINER, i would say it is based on something pre-2017.

IIRC 15+16 had so big trainer circle.

Also i was amazed by the smooth pace, slow and crystal clear tempo. It looks less complicated in comparison to modern FIFA, less animations maybe, but they are all super smooth and spot on. And given in mind that this is online, so having always some lattency, in contrast to pure offline FIFA gameplay.

Usually when i watch a FuT video and try to focus on the leg+ball movements, i get nausea after a while, after a bunch of rainbow+bridge+double touch +la croquetta+green finesee combos.

Last edited:
I don't know if this can be a fun fuct, and i think i am the least appropriate guy to give facts about FIFA, but given the size of the TRAINER, i would say it is based on something pre-2017.

Also i was amazed by the smooth pace slow and crystal clear tempo. It looks less complicated in comparison to modern FIFA, less animations maybe, but they are all super smooth and spot on. And given in mind that this is online, so gaving always some lattency, in contrast to pure offline FIFA gameplay.

Usually when i watch a FuT video and try to focus on the leg+ball movements, i get nausea after a while, after a bunch of rainbow+bridge+double touch +la croquetta+green finesee combos.
This game's development phase/stage was early 2017. And the release time was after the release of FIFA 18. The 1st ever cover star of this game was CR7 as well. It got the same UI design earlier (that stripes and explosion style of FIFA 18). I agree with your points. The foot movement and pace was more realistic than today's FIFA games. This game got so many frequent updates in these 5 years (from 2017). Comparing to a game of FUT, this is miles better than that in online as well as offline.

Also i was amazed by the smooth pace, slow and crystal clear tempo. It looks less complicated in comparison to modern FIFA, less animations maybe, but they are all super smooth and spot on. And given in mind that this is online, so having always some lattency, in contrast to pure offline FIFA gameplay.

Crowd faces are also identical to FIFA16.

For my preference I've found the key sliders are
Accel 48/48
AI pass and shot error around 65 on world class
AI pass speed 38
And line length - this is crucial to stop the counter attacking games and makes the game far more defensive 15 ai and 20.user

System for seamless animation Transition​

One solution to help reduce the number of canned animations that are included in an application is to use procedural animation. Procedural animation may include generating an animation in, response to a trigger within an application based on a plurality of stored animation frames, which may be created using motion capture techniques. However, in some cases, procedural animations may not look lifelike because, for example, there are insufficient stored animation frames and/or the frames selected using the procedural animation technique do not blend smoothly.

Embodiments of systems and processes disclosed herein use example-based procedural animation techniques to create smooth, lifelike animations. Systems herein can identify a character pose at the end of each game update frame. This character pose identified at the end of each game update frame may be different from the expected pose determined based on the current animation displayed as a result of the calculations performed by the physics engine. The character pose determined at the end of each game update frame may be referred to as a “final pose”. The systems described herein can extract features from the final pose that may be used to identify a specific motion capture frame to use in generating an animation. Extracting features may include identifying information associated with the features. These features may include joint rotations expressed with quaternions, coordinates of points on a skeleton or on a model mesh, or any geometric feature that may be used to capture or identify distinctive features of the pose. In some embodiments, a particular portion of the final pose may be used to identify the particular motion capture frame to use in generating the animation. For example, a polygon formed by the joints at the shoulder, elbow, and wrist of the final pose of a character may be used to identify the particular motion capture frame in a set of potential motion capture frames for use in the animation.

https://patents.justia.com/patent/10388053

This is the end! The end is near!

steamfifafutend.jpg

About some FUT crap found in steam community. I mean these both talk in a football game about virtual cards. WTF:COAT:

Maybe they are talking about the refs yellow and red card!? 😂
image.jpg

🙃

Shit like this makes me laugh out loud.

"Who was your favourite FUT player this year? Mine was this 99-level card with almost 99 for every attacking attribute. I don't know why, just like him."

Shit like this makes me laugh out loud.

"Who was your favourite FUT player this year? Mine was this 99-level card with almost 99 for every attacking attribute. I don't know why, just like him."

Yep I can just hear the conversation now, "picked up this fantastic player called Pele , anybody know which team He plays for in real life ,why haven't Barca signed Him yet? :THINK:

System for seamless animation Transition​

One solution to help reduce the number of canned animations that are included in an application is to use procedural animation. Procedural animation may include generating an animation in, response to a trigger within an application based on a plurality of stored animation frames, which may be created using motion capture techniques. However, in some cases, procedural animations may not look lifelike because, for example, there are insufficient stored animation frames and/or the frames selected using the procedural animation technique do not blend smoothly.

Embodiments of systems and processes disclosed herein use example-based procedural animation techniques to create smooth, lifelike animations. Systems herein can identify a character pose at the end of each game update frame. This character pose identified at the end of each game update frame may be different from the expected pose determined based on the current animation displayed as a result of the calculations performed by the physics engine. The character pose determined at the end of each game update frame may be referred to as a “final pose”. The systems described herein can extract features from the final pose that may be used to identify a specific motion capture frame to use in generating an animation. Extracting features may include identifying information associated with the features. These features may include joint rotations expressed with quaternions, coordinates of points on a skeleton or on a model mesh, or any geometric feature that may be used to capture or identify distinctive features of the pose. In some embodiments, a particular portion of the final pose may be used to identify the particular motion capture frame to use in generating the animation. For example, a polygon formed by the joints at the shoulder, elbow, and wrist of the final pose of a character may be used to identify the particular motion capture frame in a set of potential motion capture frames for use in the animation.

https://patents.justia.com/patent/10388053
Surely the whole process should be simple. In theory. The entire real game is made up of situations where players begin to do something and then it's halted because of unexpected (or faster than expected) pressure, a bad touch, a change of mind, it was a deliberate fake, etc. so why don't they have bridging animations to insert in there to maintain the flow? Where something is in the initial stages of being performed such as a quick turn, it can either follow through the rest of the animation as intended or if one of those situations above occur, a realistic exit from that animation into whatever animation is needed to bridge it between the cancelled move and the new animation of whatever comes next.

Think of it like this. An old SIMS game might have had an animation of somebody stood up and somebody sitting down, but no transition animations. You'd expect a newer version of the game to have the bridging animations so you can watch the player sit down or stand up, not just the end results. If the player went to stand up and turned left while he was in the standing up animation because he was going to walk to the left instead of just face ahead and stand there, that animation should exist and if halfway in standing up and turning, you change your mind and go to the right, that transition/bridging animation should be in the system so it flows rather than it being like skipping frames in a movie.

PES2021 is a good example of less animations but a much smoother flow in transition between cancelled/interupted animations. When FIFA announced they had like 20,000 animations for this hyper-motion (bullshit) thing, I expected the gameplay to be smoother than a dolphins arse. But instead they had no plan to implement what happens NATURALLY in every footy game ever played, a change of mind/circumstance where body movement supports that transition into the new action. How would you be Konami and not think you'd need transitionary anomations rather than in the blink of an eye a player has Matrixed from being halfway through a stepover to suddenly sprinting off into another direction. Past football games managed this transition with less animations available but it seems that EA forgot A, B and C don't just exist by themselves. There has to be a transition from A to C, or C to B, or whatever.

Perhaps hyper-motion is taking the game too far because a quicker smoother animation in recent games (such as PES2021 gameplay) can be pulled off with user input in a timely fashion but FIFA is like watching a train stop and change directions at times and others it's going from one animation to another with no bridge at all.

Bottom line, what started promising on the NG is now truly effed up. I had to stop playing after the last patch because no matter what you put the spring/acceleration sliders to, the animations are set at a fixed speed so they don't fit in with whatever adjustments you make.

Maybe we'll just be stuck playing FIFA16 and PES21 for the rest of our lives given the way the market is going. Just because FIFA23 will be the last one to carry the name doesn't mean it won't come out of the box a complete mess and a foreshadowing of the EA FC pay-to-win bollocks.

Last edited:
Defending is much more harder in FIFA than PES..
I wouldn't say that's because of the AI difficulty/intelligence though or lack of defending options available, it's down to user input delay and you losing half a yard while your player finishes the stupid animation the coding has made his destiny before you can change direction. Additionally, it doesn't matter if you're playing FUMA, the AI still does a lot of auto stuff for you (outside of goalkeeping which I'd assume even the biggest FUMA fan keeps to auto) which sometimes messes up what you're trying to do. The auto switching doesn't make remote sense at times (why would I want to switch to a player 20 yards behind chasing their forward going to goal when logic should dictate I'd only want to choose a player in a position to effectuate some defence?) and if you're going to auto clear it for me, why make it like a 5-year olds clearance right to the CPU's feet?

I don't think EA understand the concept of difficulty change in their sports games anymore. In FIFA 16 and prior, difficulty meant the CPU players were smarter, had better pass accuracy, shot accuracy, were better at defending a % of times more successfully with tighter marking, etc. Now EA implement difficulty increase by an increase in speed rather than increasing specific players stats on the CPU team by 5-10 points. Now it's both. So instead of less errors by the CPU, the passing increases in speed unnaturally and almost every shot is on target at 150mph. It's like playing UFC and you mastering a difficulty level and instead of making the CPU fighters being a little more varied in their attack/defence abilities or that your timing has to be better and combinations more inventive, it changes them into Mortal Kombat fighters. At no point in a real life if you're playing Cambridge United and then Liverpool, do Liverpool players have the ability to break the laws of physics rather than being better tactical and technical players. That should be the difference in difficulty, tactical play and technical play (what you do with your mind and your feet) but EA seem to believe that becoming X-Men is the solution. Proof EA have an arcade solution to counter better human players, not a football solution.

Last edited:
Yep I can just hear the conversation now, "picked up this fantastic player called Pele , anybody know which team He plays for in real life ,why haven't Barca signed Him yet? :THINK:
It's like when Kanye West fans says "never heard of this Paul McCartney dude...but it's nice that Kanye gives him some love and opportunities"

Thought I'd check in with FIFA and see how it was getting on. Lost 1-0 because my keeper has clearly never played as a goalkeeper before. The state of this.

They have totally, totally ruined this game.

uX7rwN5.jpg

You net-sucking mother-f...
Thought I'd give it a go again since it's on game pass ,but I think I'll pass (pun) on it

I made the mistake of commenting on a youtube video about how their patching ruins and butchers animations and one guy replied to me that "gameplay is more important".

This 100% confirms my previous suspicion that the average fut player not only does not know what football is, they do not even know what gameplay is!

My previous suspicion:
https://evoweb.uk/threads/fifa-22-discussion-console-versions.87247/post-3844998

Furthermore I don't think that any kind of meaningful half-intelligent dialogue can be established with these people. I have no idea what planet they are from. They just keep saying "AI defending is OP" & "Make it more responsive".

Last edited:
How is the title update 7, version 1.20, from march ? cause that's what I have installed on PS4 right now haha stopped the update a time ago and it installed by itself not long ago. From what I've read here it shifts back and forth, seems these older updates were better? Haha haven't played fifa since I bought it almost, won the PL with West ham and that was it actually. Also PES 21 is still in my library (never played it) haven't played a football game in a long time now. After all football lately I've been in a mood for a career mode for some time and thinking now which game to start up and begin my journey..

Part of me wonders if they just don't like the game and that's what everyone else says is the reason, so they just repeat it like a parrot.

Hard for me to say what's going on nowadays, as post-fifa20 I've lost most interest in playing the game or following news about it. Even some EA community people I followed on twitter moved on to 2k since then. They do seem to parrot the same lines for eternity, not sure if they're actually happy about the game now or still hate it like 2-3 years ago. Ah, I do remember them hating 22 at first because "too much animations" / "it's supposed to be a game", haha!

Last edited:

Thought I'd check in with FIFA and see how it was getting on. Lost 1-0 because my keeper has clearly never played as a goalkeeper before. The state of this.

They have totally, totally ruined this game.

uX7rwN5.jpg

You net-sucking mother-f...
Not gonna lie.. On PC, TU13 totally ruined the Goal Keeper AI, ability, saves etc.. They've totally removed the "re-worked Goalkeeper" thingy and went back to FIFA 21 and below GK ability. Not even saving the simplest of the goals. Just my opponent AI nut-megging goalies every time when they shoot. Happened me 2 times in a single game which I conceded 7 goals. It's like playing a FUT match online now. Previously, on TU12, it was very fair and tight on GK's ability and they've ruined the last good thing (in my opinion).

Back
Top Bottom