FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

I don't push pause every second but i also notice wrong stuff and it happen to me to do it too.
I'm too lazy to register it but i got stuff like you posted all, on many games not only on Fifa.
No idea if it's a bug or something else, but it's pretty sad that even on 2018-19 or 2022, we still don't got an engine managing "solidity" of a body or an object.
They prefers to work on animations, lighting, texture and all those graphical stuffs : it's more visible and impressive. Forget about AI and real life physics.

Will there be FIFA 23 trailer or something in next few days (summer of gaming) ?
A teaser trailer maybe. Something with no game footage that just says "Hypermotion 2.0, believe the Hype.....rmotion". And we'll all hopefully see right through it, having seen that Ronaldo clip a few posts ago.

A teaser trailer maybe. Something with no game footage that just says "Hypermotion 2.0, believe the Hype.....rmotion". And we'll all hopefully see right through it, having seen that Ronaldo clip a few posts ago.
Yeah, I also expect something like that.

But maybe there will be some written article, so we can know what they are advertising this year.

Well, hello again. Spent the whole year not playing footy games and it was great fun. Just checking in, in time for some exciting news about SuperDuperMotion 3.2. I assume I didn't miss anything at all by not playing 22.

Edit: Well, just scanning the last couple of pages, nope, I didn't miss anything. 😅

Last edited:
They will add more animations, animations, animations and... animations

FIFA 23
More than 8.000 ... I'm kidding

FIFA 22 = 4.000 animations with two clubs (third division of Spain)

I attended the meeting of the FIFA 22, I was speechless the 30 minutes they talked about hypermotion, a shame it was destroyed.

Last edited:
Pro tip: You don't notice that kind of stuff if you're not constantly watching replays in super slow-mo.
And me stupid idiot watching only the replays in Fifa and Pes.

Thank you so much dear jedi master for clearing it up for us. What if we didn't had you. I mean this will fix all gameplay bugs, finally. :PRAY:

If one of the evoweb members found a bit of sarcasm he or she win a new Coolschrenk fridge.
:LMAO:

There is also this weird perception that broken / sped up & inconsistent animations are just a visual problem not impacting gameplay. Try saying that to someone playing, oh let's say street fighter or any other game.

Animations are core gameplay. It's what you use to figure out what everyone is doing on the pitch, what they are about to do, read & react to plays, figure out the timings of what you can or can't do & plan ahead your next move. There're not many things you "can't do" in fifa. For the sake of responsiveness almost everything is a "can do" (we'll just bend time & space - and create an animation that you won't want to see in a replay) and this throws any kind of strategic thinking in the bin & replaces it with just quick reflexes to something that feels like a crapshoot.

So I guess, I wouldn't mind if they removed 3000 animations as long as the 1000 remaining work properly, predictably and respect the laws of physics.

Last edited:
Yeah, I also expect something like that.

But maybe there will be some written article, so we can know what they are advertising this year.
Well, hello again. Spent the whole year not playing footy games and it was great fun. Just checking in, in time for some exciting news about SuperDuperMotion 3.2. I assume I didn't miss anything at all by not playing 22.

Edit: Well, just scanning the last couple of pages, nope, I didn't miss anything. 😅
More techs like Hypermotion
EA mercenary,

Hello gamers, we are introducing a new mechanic, which is called "Shoot the Brute". In this mechanics, you can instantly go through every player model and kill all at a light speed. Up next, is, "Clip Clap", it's a new special ability where you go clipping, your teammates will be clapping. You earn 10 FUT points to spend it on The Ultimate Team. Now, the main thing, "HyperMotion 2.0", where you see an incredible amount of added animations, 2 times better and bigger. We captured all the players, gallery, VIPs, cameramen, coaches, ball boys when they were playing, watching, gone nuts, eating etc to give you the "it" feel when you realize it will be long gone after 1 or 2 patches. Be ready, this year, it's gonna change the game entirely..

FIFA 23, Powered by eFootball (lol).

This game has gone from a huge degree of promise to a slightly better graphical experience than FIFA21. The Series X version is beautiful but the game is so jerky you just want a return to simpler smoother animations that at least looked realistic. The gameplay definitely is far removed from the beautiful game whatever you do with the sliders.

I think I’m done with FIFA until the 23 demo release which I’ll look forward to along with everybody else but the series peaked 6 years ago with 16 and I can’t see a recovery given today’s demographic focus. I played PES2021 yesterday and it felt nice not having to guess whether the game speed was suddenly going to flip to Benny Hill mode or whether the players were auditioning for an ice skating team.

I think I’m done with FIFA until the 23 demo release
But why? It absolutely burns when they patch the game 1 or 2 times after the initial release.
I played PES2021 yesterday and it felt nice not having to guess whether the game speed was suddenly going to flip to Benny Hill mode or whether the players were auditioning for an ice skating team.
Couldn't agree more. Some matches are very weird on PES 2021. It suddenly goes from wow, responsiveness is there, good realistic pace to laggy and unresponsive mess suddenly. Did you try speed-server though? Probably, it has something to do with the coding. Maybe, it fixes some slight issues, not completely though I believe. Nevertheless, the gameplay experience is better than FIFA's gameplay experience.

There is also this weird perception that broken / sped up & inconsistent animations are just a visual problem not impacting gameplay. Try saying that to someone playing, oh let's say street fighter or any other game.
Not for fifa especially the shooting part of the game. Think of it as a real time rpg. If the game calculates that you will score after you've pressed the shoot button, then visual animation is just a representation of that.

Not for fifa especially the shooting part of the game. Think of it as a real time rpg. If the game calculates that you will score after you've pressed the shoot button, then visual animation is just a representation of that.

Unfortunately for Fifa it's supposed to be a football game, played with a gamepad. I don't quite understand, is it unfair to treat it as such?
But even an action RPG, say dark souls, would be dogshit with broken animations. And we all know the "background calculations" by now and it's nothing to do with an RPG:

1) If little Timmy packed Ronaldo it's a goal and fuck animations.
2) If little Timmy pressed a button abandon everything else and fuck physics.
3) Just fuck animations & physics & football. And defending, yeah. Just make sure Little Timmy buys more coins.

Last edited:
All games have pre-calculations but the way ea does it with fifa are exactly what makes it rpg like, with dice roll and all. This is why sometimes the gk is like superman, and sometimes your gk roll a lousy number and they bend their arms or move it away from the ball to let your opponent score, because once the dice is rolled, they need to show that, by hook or by crook, even if the animation breaks physics. "Dogshit" pretty much sums up what fifa 22 shooting system is. I kinda like the passing, defending and player interactions, if not I'll not even play it at all. I also blame eFootball for being so shit and making me try fifa22.

Last edited:
4 comments in and we already have a winner. 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 164790

I would honestly give them 180 euros/dollars/whatever for Fifa 23 if it comes with a gameplay option for offline play that included 2 things:
1) Full animations (animations that play in full before acting on any input command by the idiot with the controller in his hands).
2) Full defending AI (11 players playing football, not 1 player + 10 training cones).

It's a fair price. I'm adding up the full price of 20/21/22, which I didn't buy and I'll never will. 😅

Last edited:
I would honestly give them 180 euros/dollars/whatever for Fifa 23 if it comes with a gameplay option for offline play that included 2 things:
1) Full animations (animations that play in full before acting on any input command by the idiot with the controller in his hands).
2) Full defending AI (11 players playing football, not 1 player + 10 training cones).

It's a fair price. I'm adding up the full price of 20/21/22, which I didn't buy and I'll never will. 😅
Add the option to select wich patch version of the game you wanna play and i might be in! 😊

Add the option to select wich patch version of the game you wanna play and i might be in! 😊
I bought FIFA 22 for PS5, but if next FIFA 23 is same for PC and PS5 I would probably buy PC version.

I am not familliar with PC version of FIFA, but is it possible to simply copy/paste exe you want to play?

Back
Top Bottom