FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

Practicing those weird free kicks I found out you can shoot by only using the right stick. That made them a lot easier for me, at least in training. Now to actually get one in a match

Really pleased with this FIFA now, there aren't that many editions that have ever retained my interest past a certain point. As ever with any football games the sum of its parts is greater than many of its parts would suggest it should be.

Current grumble is stamina. Played about 1.5 seasons in Career Mode now and I have never had a single red bar of stamina in any match. Fatigue just doesn't happen. I tend to make subs for the sake of it rather than being forced into it. First XI players are pretty much always fit for the next match even if it's 3 days later (missing a small notch of their green bar at worst). Another concession by EA to the 'game should be a game' crowd, or an oversight? Or is everyone else seeing realistic stamina and fatigue?

Started a new career in Spain, with Villareal, always at WC. Nice to see real stadiums after the Serie A fake plastic ones. Lost the European Super Cup, but had two nice games against Girona and Espanyol (a draw and a win). Generally in Fifa I usually play indeed either Serie A or Premier League, but this looks promising and a nice change of pace.

Managed to put in a nice lob:

I loved it cause it all looked very organic: the slightly bad touch of Moreno made me beat the keeper exactly at the right time with that soft ball, which felt (and was) the best choice available. Only problem.. the damn celebration "cut" bug. For once that I put in a goal of this kind, I'd like to watch it slowly go in.. but no, let's jump a few seconds forward.. lol. Luckily it doesn't happen often but I hope they'll fix it in the future.

I wish there were more options for camera angles on PS4. Coming from the PES, the camera angles are game ruining for me. Find it really hard to be immersed. Broadcast is the closest, but would love to be able to modify it slightly. The custom camera sliders do next to nothing sadly.

Sad that Dynamic is too close, because i like the flow and see the dribbling closer, every feet movement. Otherwhise i use "TV" (probably Broadcoast in English) with some modification (zoomed, with tiny bit higher view i think)
Default is not that bad neither, less good looking and i don't know if i play better with that cam but it seems, i'm hesitating.

The original EA sport Cam is unplayable for the way i play, too small even with full zoom, it would be better with at least a tv with 4 inches in more.
I didn't get enough money for a way bigger TV at 1500-2000 euros.

Hi mate. Yesterday evening, it was holiday on ice.
Barca Vs FC Seville

But today, the game was better than it was before the patch.
The speed is perfect. I check my settings and I was on normal.
First match : Juventus vs Inter.
Is that coop cam? Looks similar to eagames cam/default but more zoomed out. I dont remember it being angled like that on previous Fifas

I wish there were more options for camera angles on PS4. Coming from the PES, the camera angles are game ruining for me. Find it really hard to be immersed. Broadcast is the closest, but would love to be able to modify it slightly. The custom camera sliders do next to nothing sadly.
I find the default camera is great especially coming from PES (Wide, Height 7, Zoom 0, Angle 6) I do wish it was zoomed out just a bit more though. This camera also transforms the game... Play in the other cameras and it just feels like Fifa to me the default camera makes the game feel special.

Really pleased with this FIFA now, there aren't that many editions that have ever retained my interest past a certain point. As ever with any football games the sum of its parts is greater than many of its parts would suggest it should be.

Current grumble is stamina. Played about 1.5 seasons in Career Mode now and I have never had a single red bar of stamina in any match. Fatigue just doesn't happen. I tend to make subs for the sake of it rather than being forced into it. First XI players are pretty much always fit for the next match even if it's 3 days later (missing a small notch of their green bar at worst). Another concession by EA to the 'game should be a game' crowd, or an oversight? Or is everyone else seeing realistic stamina and fatigue?
I am seeing lots of reds and players being completely empty. It gets pretty annoying at times because congested fixture lists mean I often have to swap out my entire outfield 10.

I think it’s probably because the calculation for fatigue is leaning heavily on slider settings around speed, acceleration and off the ball run rate, along with match length (and of course tactics). So you might be seeing completely different rates of fatigue to me anyway.

I find the default camera is great especially coming from PES (Wide, Height 7, Zoom 0, Angle 6) I do wish it was zoomed out just a bit more though. This camera also transforms the game... Play in the other cameras and it just feels like Fifa to me the default camera makes the game feel special.
Thanks for something : i didn't remember that "angle" appeared when you settled that cam. I didn't founded it on all others cam so i concluded there wasn't any way to change the camera angle from Default. Because for me at least, it's the more "gameplayable" camera. I always used it on competitions.
Was also desperately researching about a cam, but that one missed a bit of angle when you get closer to the goal.

They have been broken for years, it's very frustrating as I like to zoom in a bit more

When I was talking keeper plunder… just last night I had this match. Maybe you’ll get a better picture of what I mean.
a header by Sane is in between the footage, for your entertainment.

sure is an extrem example though!

When I was talking keeper plunder… just last night I had this match. Maybe you’ll get a better picture of what I mean.
a header by Sane is in between the footage, for your entertainment.

sure is an extrem example though!
Some of them are iffy, the near post header just looked like the attacker got in front of your keeper , the third I would have rushed the GK out ...you could argue they are a bit weaker but I generally have no big issues with GK

There's no "angle" on Default. Whatever, "Diffusion TV" (don't know in english there's also "TV" alone) got enough for angle and looks a lot like Default.

There's no "angle" on Default
There certainly is an angle on default. Bigger or smaller, depending on stadium, but there is. You can clearly see it playing on manual, where when you shoot straight left - it goes near post to the left.
Just like it was on Stadium camera in Pes20

Practicing those weird free kicks I found out you can shoot by only using the right stick. That made them a lot easier for me, at least in training. Now to actually get one in a match
I dont understand the logic behind these freekicks. When you practiced them in training did it become clear? Just seem way to over complicated for such a simple thing.

I dont understand the logic behind these freekicks. When you practiced them in training did it become clear? Just seem way to over complicated for such a simple thing.
Its not bad at all. Go to youtube and watch some tutorial.
Its actually way more fun than over simplified and over powered free kicks in the other game.

Kind of. One time I forgot pressing square and he did the kick anyway, so then it just became right stick down half circle up for curve, right stick down and up for knuckle. The power is determined by how long you make the movements I think, it's not that hard to get the hang of.

Can't find words to describe how much I enjoy this game. Look at those stats... changing game speed to fast made game more challenging but also ai makes more mistakes and defenders and midfielders cover spaces better. Using sliders to balance the game and this is the result

Attachments

• 20211016_111509.jpg
    20211016_111509.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 50
Can't find words to describe how much I enjoy this game. Look at those stats... changing game speed to fast made game more challenging but also ai makes more mistakes and defenders and midfielders cover spaces better. Using sliders to balance the game and this is the result
The sound of gameplay at fast scares me but them stats look amazing... Share your sliders please!

There certainly is an angle on default. Bigger or smaller, depending on stadium, but there is. You can clearly see it playing on manual, where when you shoot straight left - it goes near post to the left.
Just like it was on Stadium camera in Pes20
That's not what i said : the angle slider. I thinked there was one. But it's OK with my settings and the other cam now
He mentionned "angle 6" as a setting. Perhaps on Pro camera then but i didn't see it neither greyed.

Fun Cup match vs KSC - pending FIFA OS Sliders - version 5 (values in the description)

Sprint: 15/20 - same gap we've used before, but higher values so more room to sprint for user to catch up.
Accel: 50/50
Shot Error: 65/65
Pass Error: 52/52
Shot Speed: 49/49
Pass Speed: 40/30
Inj Freq: 75/75
Inj Severity: 25/25
GK Ability: 50/50
Marking: 70/70
Run Freq: 50/50 - Biggest change that has proven to be the essential change. Thought it would go a bit haywire, but works perfectly with our set. Helps defenders anticipate where to be, and also brings in variety for the forward's play (passing backwards versus constantly waiting for a through ball). This also allows teams to stay true to their instructions in the CTTs rather than be influenced on the sliders.
Height: 65/65
Length: 25/25
Width: 55/55
FB Positioning: 50/50 - Keeping any type of run values alone. The FB listens to instructions regardless, no need to influence them.
FT Control: 85/85

That's not what i said : the angle slider. I thinked there was one. But it's OK with my settings and the other cam now
He mentionned "angle 6" as a setting. Perhaps on Pro camera then but i didn't see it neither greyed.
Not to chime in and be wrong lads but there is a camera setting called default and also EA new game cam is the default camera ( which has angle as an option ) that is preset when you play the game for the first time. So, default.
Just noting it incase there’s a mix up in language etc

Edit* sorry there is no angle on EA Game Cam either.

Last edited:

Has this been posted yet? Looks like Fifa is finally wanting to stop the monopoly EA has on football games and this is why EA are looking into changing the name of the game rather than EA dropping the name as we were lead to believe.

This canconly be a great thing moving forwards especially as it seems we could be getting a few new football games.

Back
Top Bottom