FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

Yeah wouldn't say 20 is great ,but Vs this ,it's much better.

I've gone back to play broadcast cam in all my FIFA's ,which makes it much tougher ,I had a nightmare on Fifa 19 and ultimate difficulty ,played really well ,but got beaten every game.
Switching back to a Tele etc cam and I win most.

The reason I think I've enjoyed 20 is simply all stadiums/presentation ,it's a good escape to create some footballing career.
Also ,I slowed down passing a lot to begin with to get used to it's 1v1 defending ,once you find a good balance between a sharp but fair CPU (non pingy) it's a challenge.
I haven't gone past Legendary on broadcast camera
Yes I sometimes play on Broadcast for the challenge mate. I love the stadia etc in FIFA, in PES it gets very repetitive playing at Konami Stadium and Rose Park. I support Villa so to be able to play at Villa Park and all the away grounds around the country adds so much depth.

Downloading FIFA 20 now, haven't played it in months - will let you know how I get on.

Yes I sometimes play on Broadcast for the challenge mate. I love the stadia etc in FIFA, in PES it gets very repetitive playing at Konami Stadium and Rose Park. I support Villa so to be able to play at Villa Park and all the away grounds around the country adds so much depth.

Downloading FIFA 20 now, haven't played it in months - will let you know how I get on.
Give it some time ,the 1v1 is tough to start with.

I'm having a Villa career on 17 ,a Huddersfield on 19 and right now 8 seasons of Bundesliga on 20.

After a half season with villa I decided to restart my career on 17 ,took a L2 Pompey straight in to the Championship ,players are 60 ovr ,trust me ,that on legendary with a broadcast cam is pretty tough.

Give it some time ,the 1v1 is tough to start with.

I'm having a Villa career on 17 ,a Huddersfield on 19 and right now 8 seasons of Bundesliga on 20.

After a half season with villa I decided to restart my career on 17 ,took a L2 Pompey straight in to the Championship ,players are 60 ovr ,trust me ,that on legendary with a broadcast cam is pretty tough.
Who you using on the Bundesliga save? (Sorry for off topic everyone)

Who you using on the Bundesliga save? (Sorry for off topic everyone)
Started with Stuttgart (BL2) two season ,moved on to Leverkusen 3 seasons and now Schalke the past 3.

Pretty tough to win the league since Bayern/BVB loses 2 games per season and has a few draws only.
But I'm enjoying it ,though I'm playing my 17 when I need to have a break from it.

Started with Stuttgart (BL2) two season ,moved on to Leverkusen 3 seasons and now Schalke the past 3.

Pretty tough to win the league since Bayern/BVB loses 2 games per season and has a few draws only.
But I'm enjoying it ,though I'm playing my 17 when I need to have a break from it.
That’s realistic though. I would love a team to challenge Bayern, the league desperately needs it - it’s the reason I don’t watch Bundesliga. I loved it when I was a kid but fed up with Bayern hoovering up all the talent there.

amazing atmospheres and stadiums in Germany - the fans are so passionate out there.

That’s realistic though. I would love a team to challenge Bayern, the league desperately needs it - it’s the reason I don’t watch Bundesliga. I loved it when I was a kid but fed up with Bayern hoovering up all the talent there.

amazing atmospheres and stadiums in Germany - the fans are so passionate out there.
Yeah it gets pretty boring seeing them win year in and year out.

I usually go for villa or Sunderland (Pompey too ) when playing PL/EFL.
I have a plan to try and go for Newcastle and get them in to a powerhouse.

A lot can be said about the gameplay getting worse in FIFA. but a lot of talk about the presentation getting better. The last FIFA game I played, FIFA 18, had commentary lines about being a new manager on the first day of the season, and it definitely immersed me more into it. But with FIFA 21, with the newer commentary team, they haven't mentioned it since the first pre-season game, and won't even say my chosen team's name (Wigan)
This is obviously minor compared to the gameplay regressions, but seems strange for the commentary to be going backwards.

A lot can be said about the gameplay getting worse in FIFA. but a lot of talk about the presentation getting better. The last FIFA game I played, FIFA 18, had commentary lines about being a new manager on the first day of the season, and it definitely immersed me more into it. But with FIFA 21, with the newer commentary team, they haven't mentioned it since the first pre-season game, and won't even say my chosen team's name (Wigan)
This is obviously minor compared to the gameplay regressions, but seems strange for the commentary to be going backwards.
One thing to add, the commentary regressions, seem at odds to the new(to me) pre-match/post-match press conferences, which you could imagine should be integrated together for more immersion.

Thanks a million that works. I was just wondering when they will fix with a patch. Glad to have proper footballs back. Thanks
The newest PC patch improved the situation somewhat, there's no need to delete the DLC Assets Update file anymore to be able to choose the ball manually. I still hope they push a fixed DLC Assets Update file once the update has gone live on the console versions, though.

The newest PC patch improved the situation somewhat, there's no need to delete the DLC Assets Update file anymore to be able to choose the ball manually. I still hope they push a fixed DLC Assets Update file once the update has gone live on the console versions, though.
Yes same here

I’ve tried this one last time because I wanted to get used to doing the training drills which I assume will be included in FIFA 22. I lasted two matches and had to turn it off in disgust. It’s laughably bad and probably the worst FIFA I’ve played since the PS2 days.

Everything about it is just wrong. The game is on steroids. I’ve applied sliders and yet the CPU still do that weird ‘dancing around my defenders’ thing. It’s absolute trash, not worth £10 let alone £60.

In ‘Slow’ speed, the CPU did this flick-the-ball up into the air thing and then a power header from outside my 18 yard area. It was like a rocket and flew past my goal keeper. Even my wife laughed at how ridiculous it looked and she’s not really that interested in footy gaming.

The whole thing feels like FUT. Even when I’m in Career Mode, with Competitor Mode turned off, it feels like I’m playing against some kid in a FUT match. I actually can’t believe how fucking terrible it is and I had to swear to get my point across.

I really worry for FIFA 22 - if it’s even a tiny tiny bit like this monstrosity, I won’t even consider it.

Everything about it is just wrong. The game is on steroids. I’ve applied sliders and yet the CPU still do that weird ‘dancing around my defenders’ thing
Yeah, its fucked. I did have some enjoyable games there, but as I said before - I had to go mental on sliders..
Like speed 10 and 5 acceleration (or the other way around)
I never had to go that low on any Fifa. And Stamina was totally bolloxed then, coz no one was getting tired, ever.
Looks like F22 is step up from this, but when I say step up - its one step towards the surface from a deep, dark basement. We are still, very much, in the basement.

Anyone think you can score far too many goals in this game? I played a Carabao cup match VS Southampton, playing as Wigan in L1 first season, WC 15mins with OS sliders. Match ended 12-6 to Southampton. Scored 6 goals myself in second half. Kinda put me off playing, how ridiculous that game was.

Anyone think you can score far too many goals in this game? I played a Carabao cup match VS Southampton, playing as Wigan in L1 first season, WC 15mins with OS sliders. Match ended 12-6 to Southampton. Scored 6 goals myself in second half. Kinda put me off playing, how ridiculous that game was.
15 minute halves? The game is supposed to be played with 6 minute halves.

I suppose the correct way to put it is that EA only designs the gameplay with 6 min halves in mind. But of course you can adjust sliders, make it slower with more errors and play for longer. Well in theory at least. 15 minute halves used to be a decent choice back when there was still a midfield. It's really too much for 21 I think, no matter the sliders.

I suppose the correct way to put it is that EA only designs the gameplay with 6 min halves in mind. But of course you can adjust sliders, make it slower with more errors and play for longer. Well in theory at least. 15 minute halves used to be a decent choice back when there was still a midfield. It's really too much for 21 I think, no matter the sliders.
I played 15 mins back on FIFA 18, and had a few silly scorelines in the cup(5-5 after ET), but that seems nothing compared to 21. Reminds me of PES 16 when you played it too long halves and scorelines were so high.

Pre 21 (and 20) i always played 15 halves.
Who the hell says it should be 6 min?
Are you some kinda FIFA police?
Go tell your dog or whomever what to do ,not us!

If a game can't be played on anything over 6 minutes because of ridiculous scorelines/shots taken its a flaw in the game.

I'm on 20 with 10 min ,that gets me realistic scores/stats

If a game can't be played on anything over 6 minutes because of ridiculous scorelines/shots taken its a flaw in the game.

I enjoy 6 minutes simply because I get such limited gaming time these days - but in my younger days I would play longer halves.

If the game was supposed to be played for 6 minutes, there wouldn’t be options to increase and decrease the time.

I enjoy 6 minutes simply because I get such limited gaming time these days - but in my younger days I would play longer halves.

If the game was supposed to be played for 6 minutes, there wouldn’t be options to increase and decrease the time.
True ,I think most FIFA games (except this one) holds up for 15 min.
And getting the sweet spot between realism and what you can play because of other priorities is individual.
I play 10 on 20 ,but 15 on 16/17/18.
And I obviously play 0 on this because it's shite.

When it comes to other games ,for me 2k I play full games ,but with a player lock ,meaning I play as much as my player does (28-32 min) but i rather do that and get the realism rather than more games a day

Supposed to be?
So all the other setting are there just for the craic?

The game is balanced around this length. Real football matches would also see a lot more goals if they were to last 225 minutes instead of 90 minutes.

Still looking to get this for the collection. Selling for £10 new in Asda but I don't want to give EA a penny. But can you get it for under £10 second hand? Can you fuck! Looks to be selling consistently at the £15 mark. 😕

Back
Top Bottom