FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

Yeah sorry buddy.
I didn't buy it this year (or PES).
At least you didn't pay much for it
@Chris Davies had already warned me, I knew what I was getting myself into, I do this every year 😂 at least the shooting gives some satisfaction. Players are so weightless though, midfield non existent as has been said a million times already but it really is impossible to overlook.

@Chris Davies had already warned me, I knew what I was getting myself into, I do this every year 😂 at least the shooting gives some satisfaction. Players are so weightless though, midfield non existent as has been said a million times already but it really is impossible to overlook.
Pretty much kills everything (no midfield tracking and feather light models)
I think FIFA 20 is a masterpiece Vs this

The sad thing is, in terms of representing reality, they get so much right, but the things they get horribly wrong are the most important bits - the fundamentals.

If they just made it more difficult to bypass midfield, and gave the defenders AI - given the other changes they're making too - it'd be great.

I just doubt they'll ever give defenders brains. Which means, in career mode, you're buying a £100m defender who doesn't know how to do anything until you hold his hand, which means it's pointless buying him, because once you're controlling a defender, they're basically all the same other than their speed.

Im surely late for the party but yes it seems like everyone was true. The defending is utterly broken in this game. You barely can tackle and defenders just standing around not intercepting not closing down areas. One of the worst games i have ever played and thats only because a major fundamental in the game is not working properly.

Tried different difficulties to balance out kind of this but it just cant be done.
Only try this game if you have EA Play for different games, but even still its a waste of space on your hdd.

Im surely late for the party but yes it seems like everyone was true. The defending is utterly broken in this game. You barely can tackle and defenders just standing around not intercepting not closing down areas. One of the worst games i have ever played and thats only because a major fundamental in the game is not working properly.

Tried different difficulties to balance out kind of this but it just cant be done.
Only try this game if you have EA Play for different games, but even still its a waste of space on your hdd.

Yeap, at least the fifa gameplay producer nicely explained in the fifa 22 thread that it's because otherwise you can't have enough goals.

It's a matter of learning the mechanics. You primarily defend by jockeying and intercepting the ball carrier. The defender will automatically stick out a leg when you approach the ball. The tackle button is more of a last resort or for when the opponent shields the ball.

It's a matter of learning the mechanics. You primarily defend by jockeying and intercepting the ball carrier. The defender will automatically stick out a leg when you approach the ball. The tackle button is more of a last resort or for when the opponent shields the ball.

1. i dont like tactical defending(thats my personal thing) 2. if i just jockey the ai easily just go around me bc my defender is sooo slow during that animation(obviously)

This just popped up on my timeline. The space, FFS. :LMAO: The opposition might as well not be there. Same for the human as it is the AI.

(Yes, the human-controlled defender could have pressed and not stood off. Doesn't change the situation with the other 19 outfield players, every single one in acres of space! :LOL:)

This just popped up on my timeline. The space, FFS. :LMAO: The opposition might as well not be there. Same for the human as it is the AI.

(Yes, the human-controlled defender could have pressed and not stood off. Doesn't change the situation with the other 19 outfield players, every single one in acres of space! :LOL:)

God damn acre's of space

guys last night I tried again Fifa 21 on ps5 and I was prepared to do anything to learn and master the new defending system as they say.
I wouldn't talk here about sliders but will just mention 3 important things, at least for me to make the game playable:
1. play at fast game speed
2. acceleration slider at 43, first touch error at 85.
3. last and most impactfull - tactics during the match!
I will explaind the last one, while press down on the buttons (not analog) there is a menu how to defend, what I choose is to press right which means players will be more focused on side where the ball is. this plays as it sounds but I get very different defensive shape from the players, even teams like city and barca can't crush me and score stupid goals like they would If I didn't choose this way of defending. I played a lot of matches last night and this works wonders for me, sure you have to be proactive while defending and that's the key.
I enjoyed to see how ai actually put my defence in 16 yard box and after that with long ball to other side they try to open my defence. I played on legendary and it was really difficult. I have to play counter attacking football while using this defensive option becouse all my players stayed back.
this will not magically fix the issues with midfielders not tracking back but at least will give you opportunity to be close to ai players and react with L2.

guys last night I tried again Fifa 21 on ps5 and I was prepared to do anything to learn and master the new defending system as they say.
I wouldn't talk here about sliders but will just mention 3 important things, at least for me to make the game playable:
1. play at fast game speed
2. acceleration slider at 43, first touch error at 85.
3. last and most impactfull - tactics during the match!
I will explaind the last one, while press down on the buttons (not analog) there is a menu how to defend, what I choose is to press right which means players will be more focused on side where the ball is. this plays as it sounds but I get very different defensive shape from the players, even teams like city and barca can't crush me and score stupid goals like they would If I didn't choose this way of defending. I played a lot of matches last night and this works wonders for me, sure you have to be proactive while defending and that's the key.
I enjoyed to see how ai actually put my defence in 16 yard box and after that with long ball to other side they try to open my defence. I played on legendary and it was really difficult. I have to play counter attacking football while using this defensive option becouse all my players stayed back.
this will not magically fix the issues with midfielders not tracking back but at least will give you opportunity to be close to ai players and react with L2.
Play at fast speed?! I would probably vomit :LOL:

no! belive me, animations look way more realistic but don't forget to lower the acceleration slider for you and cpu to 43
Problem is - if you lower acceleration any lower than 48 - stamina get broken. No one gets tired throughout the whole match. Its just one of Fifa bugs.
Not that it bothers me personally, coz I had Acceleration at 5 with game speed on slow to get any player weight ( :LOL: ) , but its something to keep in mind.

Problem is - if you lower acceleration any lower than 48 - stamina get broken. No one gets tired throughout the whole match. Its just one of Fifa bugs.
Not that it bothers me personally, coz I had Acceleration at 5 with game speed on slow to get any player weight ( :LOL: ) , but its something to keep in mind.
Yeah I know that, on previous iterations players weren't able to sprint in defence if acc is below 50. But I get my players tired at around 70th minutr becouse I use sprint button a lot to cover spaces in defence.

1. i dont like tactical defending(thats my personal thing) 2. if i just jockey the ai easily just go around me bc my defender is sooo slow during that animation(obviously)
Sorry, I haven't used legacy defending for quite a long time, so maybe the balance is different there. You can jockey faster by pressing the sprint button at the same time, did you already try that?

I was playing PES 2021 on Xbox game pass, and was about to try FIFA 21 with sliders. Do lower leagues like League 1 play any different to the PL?
Yes, you should see a difference in terms of passing and shooting when using 3rd or 4th division teams.

Thanks a million that works. I was just wondering when they will fix with a patch. Glad to have proper footballs back. Thanks
I don't think it needs a patch, they need to repair the DLC Assets Update file that's being downloaded when you start the game.

I don't think they had to further ruin the game in order to force people to move from 21 to the next game. The original default gameplay was more than enough.
I couldn’t believe how astonishingly bad FIFA 21 was/is when I tried it on Gamepass. Don’t know what EA are thinking.

While playing FIFA 20 last night ,which I don't hate ,I've had quite fun with it ,8 seasons is pretty wild!
Anyway ,I also gave 21 a go ,pretty slow gameplay ,based on OS sliders.
But this game ,don't know where to begin ,it's (popular phrase) ass , complete ass!

Didn't really remember it to be this horrible ,AI is the worst I've played against ,short pass/short pass ,and a quick unnaturally looking in to my box for a tap in.

And yes I can defend pretty good nowadays since I have 8 seasons of 20 played ,but this is so bad...so bad.
If 22 has this as its core (movement/AI decisions in both Def and offense ,were in for a horrible year.
Can't believe how bad this is ,to compare ,I have never played a worse Pes game than this title ,not even 20 and 21 ,which are dull as shit.

Fifa 20 vs this title is almost on 16/17 level when turning 21 off and returning to FIFA 20.
Thank good I'm on game pass and didn't pay for it ,wouldn't even take a copy if payed!

While playing FIFA 20 last night ,which I don't hate ,I've had quite fun with it ,8 seasons is pretty wild!
Anyway ,I also gave 21 a go ,pretty slow gameplay ,based on OS sliders.
But this game ,don't know where to begin ,it's (popular phrase) ass , complete ass!

Didn't really remember it to be this horrible ,AI is the worst I've played against ,short pass/short pass ,and a quick unnaturally looking in to my box for a tap in.

And yes I can defend pretty good nowadays since I have 8 seasons of 20 played ,but this is so bad...so bad.
If 22 has this as its core (movement/AI decisions in both Def and offense ,were in for a horrible year.
Can't believe how bad this is ,to compare ,I have never played a worse Pes game than this title ,not even 20 and 21 ,which are dull as shit.

Fifa 20 vs this title is almost on 16/17 level when turning 21 off and returning to FIFA 20.
Thank good I'm on game pass and didn't pay for it ,wouldn't even take a copy if payed!
I started a Career Mode on FIFA 21 because of Game Pass and you sum it up perfectly mate - short pass all the way to my defence and then silly little step overs etc until they score a goal (competitor turned OFF as well!). Every game finishes 4-3 / 5-4 / 7-6. It's woeful.

Edit: I own FIFA 20 digital on PS4. Going to install it now and use sliders to make CPU harder to beat (will leave mine on default).

I started a Career Mode on FIFA 21 because of Game Pass and you sum it up perfectly mate - short pass all the way to my defence and then silly little step overs etc until they score a goal (competitor turned OFF as well!). Every game finishes 4-3 / 5-4 / 7-6. It's woeful.

Edit: I own FIFA 20 digital on PS4. Going to install it now and use sliders to make CPU harder to beat (will leave mine on default).
Yeah wouldn't say 20 is great ,but Vs this ,it's much better.

I've gone back to play broadcast cam in all my FIFA's ,which makes it much tougher ,I had a nightmare on Fifa 19 and ultimate difficulty ,played really well ,but got beaten every game.
Switching back to a Tele etc cam and I win most.

The reason I think I've enjoyed 20 is simply all stadiums/presentation ,it's a good escape to create some footballing career.
Also ,I slowed down passing a lot to begin with to get used to it's 1v1 defending ,once you find a good balance between a sharp but fair CPU (non pingy) it's a challenge.
I haven't gone past Legendary on broadcast camera

Back
Top Bottom