FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

Last edited:
The bit about the next gen stats is interesting ,hope it's similar in fifa . So basically they are using next gen stats now to make the player movement somewhat authentic in how they look in movement but not in movement decision making . That's what's coming . In Fifa that would make for more authentic player runs and positioning, when to shoot for different players etc ..hope this is true

The worst penalty system on any football game ever, it's easier to score the real thing. what the hell were they thinking

Test of FIFA 22 will start tomorrow, it seems that the weight of the game will exceed 60 GB, I think we will not have leaks, but it's difficult to control information remotely.

How the actual fucking fuck could they "nerf" second-man pressing any further than it already has been? It hasn't done anything for the last three years.

There are Twitter users who dedicate 90% of their tweets to this fact, e.g.:

ARGH!!!!!!!!! EA!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Didn't realise Stallion had already made the point:

Last edited:
How the actual fucking fuck could they "nerf" second-man pressing any further than it already has been? It hasn't done anything for the last three years.

There are Twitter users who dedicate 90% of their tweets to this fact, e.g.:

ARGH!!!!!!!!! EA!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Didn't realise Stallion had already made the point:

Everyone: We've said this before... but surely it can't get any worse now?
EA: Hold my beer.

Well they need to do something about the defending in FIFA, even if it is 2nd man press.
The defending is automatic now..
You just need select a defender and then track runs with the one guy, and the CPU automatically blocks all shots and crosses for you.
The defending has never been so dumbed down, and they need to do something about 2nd man pressing as you use to be able to use 2nd man press whilst controlling the other guy to cut out passing lanes.

But then I have lost all hope in FIFA anyway, I haven't enjoyed it since 18 and every year it gets more and more auto all the time.
Even the next gen version, although an improvement, it is still a turd.

Coming up - New Feature:

Epic Babangida Moments!
Unleash your full speed, adding more drama and goal2goal situations. Defenders, who used to just stand there, doing nothing, will have 5 seconds timer to stand their ground. After that - they will simply get out of the way to allow players to unleash their babangida moments!

Before:
tenor (1) (30).gif
After:
move-bitch-get-out-the-way-59699.gif

Well they need to do something about the defending in FIFA, even if it is 2nd man press.
The defending is automatic now..
You just need select a defender and then track runs with the one guy, and the CPU automatically blocks all shots and crosses for you.

2nd man press is not automatic defending though, it literally requires manual user input and it's a proper risk/reward mechanic as it creates space elsewhere. The blocks are automatic and if they're over the top it's to compensate for the lack of defending elsewhere on the pitch that makes it so easy to get near the box.

Last edited:
The defending is automatic
I see what you are trying to say there, but you need to choose your words very carefully, especially on social media.
Its because of comments like this we are where we are.
They already turned defending off, basically. Defending does not exist on fifa. Defending is not only tackles and blocks. Its positioning, tracking, pressure.

Saying that defending is automatic is quite a statement, considering that there is no defending in fifa for the last 3 years.

I do agree that you dont have to tackle (or should I say - tackling is pointless, as you can simply just run into someone, which is less risky and more effective)

But it certainly not automatic. Its the most manual and dumb defending I have ever seen in any football game. You need to hold players hand and walk each and every one of them, while the rest just stands there.

If people will continue to throw statements like yours - they will end up removing defenders altogether... or really bring Babangida Moments...

I see what you are trying to say there, but you need to choose your words very carefully, especially on social media.
They already turned defending off, basically. Defending does not exist on fifa. Defending is not only tackles and blocks. Its positioning, tracking, pressure.

Saying that defending is automatic is quite a statement, considering that there is no defending in fifa for the last 3 years.

I do agree that you dont have to tackle (or should I say - tackling is pointless, as you can simply just run into someone, which is less risky and more effective)

But it certainly not automatic. Its the most manual and dumb defending I have ever seen in any football game. You need to hold players hand and walk each and every one of them, while the rest just stands there.

If people will continue to throw statements like yours - they will end up removing defenders altogether... or really bring Babangida Moments...
Try increasing speed and acceleration in relation to pass speed , it doesn't fix it fix it but defenders seem more aware and there's less of the blatent switching off .. also I find deselecting the nearest man to the man with the ball and holding press button , circle for me, far more effective ..essentially letting the ai tackle whilst I cover passing lanes ..just an idea I know defending is shite overall

I don't post to social media, and I am sure EA don't come and read Evo-Web.

What I mean by defending being automatic is that they got rid of block tackling, and made it impossible to use as it now 90% of the time gives away a foul.
When using it was a skill.

Now it is just you have to select a defender, and whenever someone tries to cross or shoot, as long as your defender is kind of in the right position then the AI will automatically block the shot or cross for you, instead of using the block tackle button to time it right.
It is defending at the dumbest level, there is obviously some skill involved as I can now go games without conceding as you now just select a defender and follow runners.
But it just isn't defending, it just isn't fun - The game is such a skill fest of street fighter button pressing and down to who has the fastest fingers rather there being anything tactical in the game.

FIFA 22, I am sure will again have more dumbed down features and EA will find more was to make it FIFA Street on grass.
But I honestly think, it will be the first FIFA in about 12/13 years I won't buy.

What I mean by defending being automatic is that they got rid of block tackling, and made it impossible to use as it now 90% of the time gives away a foul.
When using it was a skill
I know what you meant, its just the same wording that eSport people used when they wanted AI to stop... moving.
Now we have some weird mutant, where tackling is all automated, but you have to position everyone yourself.
Its both simple and exhausting at the same time.

Last Fifa I truly enjoyed was Fifa18, where tactical defending was challenging and fun. I know it got slaughtered here for some reason, but it was still miles ahead of what we have now.

I know what you meant, its just the same wording that eSport people used when they wanted AI to stop... moving.
Now we have some weird mutant, where tackling is all automated, but you have to position everyone yourself.
Its both simple and exhausting at the same time.

Last Fifa I truly enjoyed was Fifa18, where tactical defending was challenging and fun. I know it got slaughtered here for some reason, but it was still miles ahead of what we have now.
Yeah the positioning is horrible and since FIFA 20 teams shape is based solely in the middle of the pitch. Teams don’t shuffle across as a unit based on the position of the ball to block passing lanes. You can’t do this manually at all (I don’t count ‘ball side overload either because the CPU doesn’t use it).

Has anyone tried all out defense on FIFA - its completely different to PES and feels like the defenders are positioned better but still have attacking options. Ive also been trying the defensive pressure tactics and individual instructions and although it doesnt completely fix the AI tracking it certainly improves it. I have been having some enjoyable games on legendary with only a few slider tweaks

This thread seems to be dead but I was reading @Matt10 comments about stats and tracking back in terms of positioning stat . I noticed that fabinho and even van dyjk had positional stats below 50.which is crazy. I've upped all the defence and midfield to 99 to see what difference it makes . After a couple of games it does appear they are standing in much better positions but may be a placebo

Given PES died and I will no doubt be buying FIFA 22, Ive decided to download 21 whilst it's £12. Can anyone recommend the best current slider set?

Looking forward to instantly regretting.

I am trying FIFA 21 several times during these days, and I can't fathom it. Horrible offline gameplay on both PS4 and PS5. With Matt10 sliders, default sliders, doesn't matter.

I remember 17 or 18 being way more fun to play than this one. Let's try next year...

Given PES died and I will no doubt be buying FIFA 22, Ive decided to download 21 whilst it's £12. Can anyone recommend the best current slider set?

Looking forward to instantly regretting.
That you will.
(Sorry for sounding like a party pooper)

I hate to say it, but you bought the worst FIFA in modern history. FIFA hasn't been this bad since... 2006?
I did have a little bit of fun there, but to get any sort of physicality, weight and to stop/reduce players skating, glitching and twitching - I had to go mental on the sliders. I think I had 10 speed / 5 acceleration? Something mental like this (plus slow speed!)
Stamina was bolloxed, but at least I had somewhat.... normal (?) player movements and even few fouls (very few)
Id probably still play it if I didnt get F16.

Back
Top Bottom