FIFA 20 Discussion (PC Version)

It seems like PC will Ps4 port for Fifa 21 again. For the next gen presentation there's no mention of PC again just like Fifa 14. If it's really the case, then it's time to skip again.
Why skipping?

I remember I was angry/annoyed when they said that FIFA 14 for PC wouldn't be next-gen (even if I did understand the reasoning behind it, and it wasn't wrong).
Then, I tried the demo and it blew me away. Miles ahead of FIFA 13 despite being a little less "alive" in terms of graphics, and still one of the best FIFA games ever released. I have the PC and the Xbox One versions of it, and I still play it on PC more than I do on Xbox (because of mods).

That game, which is still my most played football game ever, made me think that whoever said "never judge a book by its cover" was definitely right.

Let's wait and see what FIFA 21 has to offer on PC, before snubbing it just for the sake of it.
To be fair I probably would skip it too if it's too similar to FIFA 20, don't get me wrong, but at least I'll try and play it (either the demo or the PS4 version some friends of mine are getting for sure) before deciding.

Why skipping?

I remember I was angry/annoyed when they said that FIFA 14 for PC wouldn't be next-gen (even if I did understand the reasoning behind it, and it wasn't wrong).
Then, I tried the demo and it blew me away. Miles ahead of FIFA 13 despite being a little less "alive" in terms of graphics, and still one of the best FIFA games ever released. I have the PC and the Xbox One versions of it, and I still play it on PC more than I do on Xbox (because of mods).

That game, which is still my most played football game ever, made me think that whoever said "never judge a book by its cover" was definitely right.

Let's wait and see what FIFA 21 has to offer on PC, before snubbing it just for the sake of it.
To be fair I probably would skip it too if it's too similar to FIFA 20, don't get me wrong, but at least I'll try and play it (either the demo or the PS4 version some friends of mine are getting for sure) before deciding.

Old gen port = instant skip for me. It's how it is.

Also I don't like Fifa 14. The moving and turning the players feels so delayed and I personally don't like it. It's what it is, I like arcadish gameplay where players move fast.

Being that said, I would still skip it even if the gameplay matched my preference because of the 1st reason. I don't have anything against people who don't care about graphics. But personally I skip games if the port is inferior.

Also I don't like Fifa 14. The moving and turning the players feels so delayed and I personally don't like it. It's what it is, I like arcadish gameplay where players move fast.
Not arguing about gameplay here, I was just curious. 😄
"To each his own" they say, luckily enough there are games out there that are more arcede and games that are more simulative so anyone could find the one that suits him/her best.

I for example don't like FIFA 20 that much because of how dull defenders are, that's why I said that if FIFA 21 resembled this year's game I'd also skip it (next-gen port or not).

Okay, I need to reiterate myself.

I don't like arcade-ish AI. Only arcade-ish thing I like is when player turning is responsive like fifa 18, 06, pes 06, pes 08, 13 etc etc. That's the only arcade aspect I like in soccer games.

If the AI is retarded and mindless, then even I get bored pretty fast- unless executed and presented in a funny way like in fifa 2002 [had a good laugh playing that game].
@*aLe

As for graphics, I only care in 2 occasions:

1. If the sequel looks worse than prequel: No reason to downgrade graphics if it worked fine on the prequel.
2. If the port is inferior compared to lead consoles.

But then it seems like I want a too perfect game which is rare. So I usually skipped and uninstalled the rest, keeping only a selected few.

I don't know what's going on but I'm loving the gameplay since the last update.
The game feels MUCH slower.

Is it true that everytime EA update the game, It breaks the FIFER mod and you have to wait for an update everytime AND pay for it?

Everytime EA updates the game there are a number of features within mods that stop working. The legacy ones.
As for FIFER's mods, I don't know how it is because I don't use it because it might be true. If you're subscribed to his Patreon you'd have to wait for him to update the files and upload the new title update compatible version.

Is it true that everytime EA update the game, It breaks the FIFER mod and you have to wait for an update everytime AND pay for it?

You can use the fifa infinty mod for the content patch (https://downloads.fifa-infinity.com/fifa-20/fifa-infinity-patch-20/), and @paulv2k4 realism mod for enhanced career mode (https://www.fifa-mods.com/FIFA20/Download/FIFA-Realism-Mod). They are both free (FIP totally free, Paul has a paetron early release s**t thing), of really great quality, and actually made by them!

A bit of reading concerning this fifer:

PS: Please mods feel free to delete the two lines above if inappropriate.

Back
Top Bottom