FIFA 20 Discussion (PC Version)

What refresh rate is your monitor? I'd set the limit to a few frames below your monitor's refresh rate. I've limited mine to 141 FPS (for my 144hz G-Sync monitor) with V-SYNC disabled. I'm running these settings with a 3900x and a 2080 and it's very smooth.

Thanks, yes it's a 144hz panel. I'll give it a go.

The game runs.like trash on my ps4 pro which is odd

So tempted to do origin myself but I'm hearing baaad things about the game now.
I'm enjoying it as I did 19 as I mainly play offline career mode. Set to slow, have not even touched the sliders and using an edited locale from 19. Thus far it's not pissing me off like the other (full) game.

But Origin Premier from Russia for £50.
You get FIFA 20, that new Star Wars game and multiple other games.

Or buy the game alone for £40
Yeah I was considering that, but you never really own the games. I mean, you would need to renew the subscription once it expires. Still might be a good deal all things considered. Thanks

Yeah I was considering that, but you never really own the games. I mean, you would need to renew the subscription once it expires. Still might be a good deal all things considered. Thanks

You do have to renew every year, but considering I buy FIFA every year for the sake of an extra £10 it is a bargain.
Plus you also get all the Ultimate Editions of games and not the standard editions.

There is over 100 games on EA Premier and although you only want FIFA, you may actually play Madden, Batman Arkham series, and many of Indie titles like This is the Police.
Until the Russian VPN trick stops working £50 a year is an absolute steal.

You do have to renew every year, but considering I buy FIFA every year for the sake of an extra £10 it is a bargain.
Plus you also get all the Ultimate Editions of games and not the standard editions.

There is over 100 games on EA Premier and although you only want FIFA, you may actually play Madden, Batman Arkham series, and many of Indie titles like This is the Police.
Until the Russian VPN trick stops working £50 a year is an absolute steal.
Yeah good point. Thanks for the help

Anyone else using a DS4 with the PC version? How're you doing it? I tried last night as normal with DS4Windows and it was really weird the controller was just making random movements throughout the menus and stuff as though it was posessed, I searched and apparently it's very common, fortunately what worked ok was the suggestion to add Fifa20/Origin to Steam as a non Steam game and run through that, then my DS4 worked absolutely normally, but really weird and shouldn't be necessary!

Anyone else using a DS4 with the PC version? How're you doing it? I tried last night as normal with DS4Windows and it was really weird the controller was just making random movements throughout the menus and stuff as though it was posessed, I searched and apparently it's very common, fortunately what worked ok was the suggestion to add Fifa20/Origin to Steam as a non Steam game and run through that, then my DS4 worked absolutely normally, but really weird and shouldn't be necessary!

Was steam running when this happened? I remember that steam *was* the problem at first, because it has built-in support for a ds4 that can conflict with ds4windows and it is active by default if steam is running in the background in big picture mode. Check the steam controller settings options.

Personally, I have disabled steam support for playstation controllers and just use ds4windows, no problems with steam or non-steam games since then.

Last edited:
No Steam was not running, I never have a launcher I'm not using running, I was trying to use DS4Windows as that always works in the past but for some reason the DS4 just goes haywire in Fifa. I'll try Inputmapper, maybe that will have better luck :) I don't think I can launch Fifa via Steam if I'm using Frosty mod manager to launch mods anyway.

It happens to me to with a XBOX ONE wireless controller (and when I wire it and plug it too).

What solution did you find? I have no problem using the controller if launching Fifa through Steam but I don't know how to do that and also use mods :(

Edit: Just installed the latest update of DS4Windows and now it's working perfectly! Mods and all!

1572703554995.png
74281895_2554465771305894_1942195438295711744_n.png

Last edited:
You add Fifa/Origin to Steam as a non-steam game, then you launch Steam and launch Fifa from within Steam and that way Fifa uses Steam's controller API to detect the controller in Fifa.

Yeah I knew about it but never needed it before, it's a good way to get your controller supported in some games, especially if you use a DS4 like me, although it absolutely should not be necessary, Ubisoft have proper DS4 support without a 3rd party app needed and also has correct icons, even the tiny budget indie RPG Outward managed it, but a multi billion company like EA refuse to provide support for the DS4? Pathetic!

Was looking for this for ages:

FORCE_INTRO_CONFETTI=0
FORCE_TEAM_BANNERS=1
FORCE_FLAME_STANCHION=0
FORCE_PITCH_ADS=0
FORCE_GOAL_ADS=0

Get rid of the horrible goal ads and the like.

Stick it in your locale.ini

Also if you want to force the lighting:

Code:
[]

FORCE_REGIONALIZATION_COLOR=3

// 0 is default (no filter)
// 1 is yellowish and washed out (Argentina)
// 2 is very cold (Russia)
// 3 is EPL
// 4 is Italian (a bit yellowish, but not exaggerated)
// 5 is Bundesliga default tone (yellowish)
// 6 is Ligue 1 tone (the most balanced imo)
// 8 is CL
// 9 is Europa League

(you don't need the commented list of settings obviously I just keep them in there then I have a reference when I want to try something different what the numbers are for).

Credit to Brunnoce for posting it: http://soccergaming.com/index.php?t...octor-productions.6467179/page-3#post-6559736

Yeah I knew about it but never needed it before, it's a good way to get your controller supported in some games, especially if you use a DS4 like me, although it absolutely should not be necessary, Ubisoft have proper DS4 support without a 3rd party app needed and also has correct icons, even the tiny budget indie RPG Outward managed it, but a multi billion company like EA refuse to provide support for the DS4? Pathetic!

You know that even though EA's signature move is shady business, the issues with PS controlers on PC is actually Micro$oft's fault, since they pushed DEVs to adopt Xinput for PC games when they began the whole Xbox thing years ago.

Other than that, Sony also has it's part of the blame due to how differently the DS4 communicates when plugged when compared to when is used via bluetooth, which makes DS4 compatible games fail to recognize the controller as a DS4 when running via Bluetooth and giving you Xbox button prompts instead of the DS4 ones like it does when plugged in for games with Native support like Rise of the Tomb Raider, for example

Other than that, Sony also has it's part of the blame due to how differently the DS4 communicates when plugged when compared to when is used via bluetooth, which makes DS4 compatible games fail to recognize the controller as a DS4 when running via Bluetooth and giving you Xbox button prompts instead of the DS4 ones like it does when plugged in for games with Native support like Rise of the Tomb Raider, for example

I've never had a problem with that until RDR2 which for some reason doesn't detect Sony's official DS4 wireless receiver, yet it works correctly when I use a 3rd party bluetooth dongle.

I've never had a problem with that until RDR2 which for some reason doesn't detect Sony's official DS4 wireless receiver, yet it works correctly when I use a 3rd party bluetooth dongle.

What's your take on the official DS4 dongle? Last I read it didn't make much sense other than to allow bluetooth connectivity on PSNow. (But I don't use ds4windows)

From my experience with an unofficial bluetooth receiver or when paired with the Steamlink the DS4 is recognized as what it is by the Steam API but there are no PS button prompts besides on Steam itself (despite native support from the games)

Well the 3rd party dongles I have are pretty old* BT2.0 and the official Sony one is 4.0 I think? So it tends to be more reliable and less latency issues, maybe that would be mitigated by me buying a more recent 3rd party BT dongle of course. The official Sony one doesn't require any syncing via the bluetooth panel or the like, plug it into your PC, it installs automatically, no drivers needed, push the end in for a couple of seconds and it's in search mode, press the two DS4 buttons to put the controller into sync mode and bingo it syncs, it also supports the mic/audio functions the DS4 has on PC which my BT dongle doesn't do which is another advantage if you find that useful.

*lol just checked my email history and I actually bought them in 2009!

Testing a few mods:

76722817_504322896838075_1614419966809866240_n.png

League cup away to Port Vale, played my reserves:

77006819_2408086636118138_1464149480713486336_n.jpg

First Half https://mega.nz/#!avpgkQDA!W1rbMineYW2r8fPHltuK8INxuFc-mGAItRwJpUo-jNc
Second Half https://mega.nz/#!LmwWxQaa!YsXqpHppEwc7tz4NBw3QxOWezP9cSeV7Ua22EQDq6cI

Next match away to Milwall and I got slaughtered, didn't help in the horrible sunny lighting I could barely tell the two kits apart!

78308869_977194575997432_2567357602157559808_n.jpg

They raced into a 2 goal lead and I pulled it back to 2-2 in the dying seconds of the first half with an own goal, was tight in the first half of the second half then they just took over

How to solve no 3D grass in fifa 20? NO 3D GRASS TEXTURES at all! No matter what graphic settings. There is just flat grass and that's it!

unknown.png

AI is Cardiff, look at all those fouls!

From 2-0 down, helped them going down to 10 men.

Probably need to tweak the sliders to make it a bit more balanced towards the CPU (using sliders I tweaked for 3.a4), great game of football though and brilliant gameplay thanks to Paulv2k4!

Went back to alpha 4 of Paul's mod and it's the best gameplay I've played in Fifa for years and years, so good!

The ai tries to attack in different ways, they make human like errors, especially like the way they dribble and pass the ball around, sometimes they even stop and stand on the ball and look for an opening, even pass backwards when I've blocked forward avenues.
This gameplay fits the championship perfectly, good players do good things, bad players do bad things as in the real division where you have teams which are a mix of players of very different standards. The pace of the game is so much better as well, it's not all sprint sprint press press.
JPEG_20191129_185743.jpg

And another one:

JPEG_20191129_193658.jpg

Another really great game, their goal was a breakaway and despite all their shots I was the stronger team with my quality players making the difference

Attachments

• JPEG_20191129_193658.jpg
    JPEG_20191129_193658.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 1
Went back to alpha 4 of Paul's mod and it's the best gameplay I've played in Fifa for years and years, so good!

The ai tries to attack in different ways, they make human like errors, especially like the way they dribble and pass the ball around, sometimes they even stop and stand on the ball and look for an opening, even pass backwards when I've blocked forward avenues.
This gameplay fits the championship perfectly, good players do good things, bad players do bad things as in the real division where you have teams which are a mix of players of very different standards. The pace of the game is so much better as well, it's not all sprint sprint press press.
View attachment 26516

And another one:

View attachment 26518

Another really great game, their goal was a breakaway and despite all their shots I was the stronger team with my quality players making the difference
how to get it ????
also how to install it?
thanks

Back
Top Bottom