FIFA 16 Videos & Pictures

well, let me share some snippets i saved on my harddrive, when i thought that moment was special.
it may not be the super duper moment... but i think those are small moments that make FIFA16 vanilla special to me.

i will call it: "Prolicious Snippets"... and here we go!

prolicious snippet #01:
the first one is a simple free kick. i usually dont make a lot of them, and i like that. the ratio in scoring from set pieces is another well done part of this game, imo!
i like the traction and bend of that free kick, how Petr is at the post to save whats there to save. and then the ball hits the post so beautiful, so organic!
organic is my new favorite word to describe a lot of things in this game! thanks whoever came up with that during the last hours (always i'm looking to learn new verbs or remember them, to help me explain in more detail).
well, it was late in the game, Arsenal one man down, i had to try my luck! :D

can you guys please check on that public google drive video i posted?! i never released google drive stuff to the public before/shared content. don't want to open up my whole data drive to the public. thanks in advance.

edit: the embedded version here aint playing... when i open that link in a seperate tab its working. hm... :THINK:
if its ok for you guys, cause i dont wanna upload those snippets to youtube, please click the link in the upper right corner of the video to open a seperate tab with the video! :BYE:

edit2: if you check with 0.5 speed, you can see (from 0:06 min) that i moved a tad to the left side. if i hadnt, it would've probably get in!
...the hands of Petr! :LOL:

Last edited:
well, let me share some snippets i saved on my harddrive, when i thought that moment was special.
it may not be the super duper moment... but i think those are small moments that make FIFA16 vanilla special to me.

i will call it: "Prolicious Snippets"... and here we go!

prolicious snippet #01:
the first one is a simple free kick. i usually dont make a lot of them, and i like that. the ratio in scoring from set pieces is another well done part of this game, imo!
i like the traction and bend of that free kick, how Petr is at the post to save whats there to save. and then the ball hits the post so beautiful, so organic!
organic is my new favorite word to describe a lot of things in this game! thanks whoever came up with that during the last hours.

can you guys please check on that public google drive video i posted?! i never released google drive stuff to the public before/shared content. don't want to open up my whole data drive to the public. thanks in advance.

edit: the embedded version here aint playing... when i open that link in a seperate tab its working. hm... :THINK:
if its ok for you guys, cause i dont wanna upload those snippets to youtube, please click the link in the upper right corner of the video to open a seperate tab with the video! :BYE:
In my mobile it is an embedded video that plays alright. Nothing more.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210629_113807_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210629_113807_com.android.chrome.jpg
    807.7 KB · Views: 9
prolicious snippet #02:
the second one is showing a tackle situation, where 3 defender work on 1 striker trying to get through. what i like about that, even when the physicality at the sticks isn't felt that much, are the animations... 3 different players, 3 different animations to make the striker stumble!
it looks believable to me and when they finally fall down, this looks uniqe too (different animations).

Last edited:
prolicious snippet #03:
this one was pretty dramatic when it happend, wich is prior to that set piece shown above (#01).
Arsenal was down by one man but had the lead, a derserved one as far as i remember. so they had that free kick at 90+3 min, very late in the game...
Santi wips the ball into the pen area where Lloris makes an easy catch without any opponents pressing. He kicks the ball long one last time and Kane makes its way though the opponent defenders smelling the opportunity. Seconds later he snatches the ball from Kocielnys foot and bursts towards goal. While the Arsenal defenders try to catch Kane, the Welsh is already fully focused on Petr Cech whos waiting patiently in front of goal, with all his routine. As Cech stormes forward in a last attempt to stop Kane, the Tottenham striker keeps his calm and puts the ball besides Cech into the top right corner with a well dosed inside boot shot (full manual)!
it is the very late equalizer and the players, the fans, the whole stadium goes nuts! (the player at the gamepad escalates in the living room! :LOL: ) i was so happy to keep my cool (on manual) and score this one!
AMAZING!! :LOVE:

Last edited:
A couple more nice organic CPU moments here. I love how Wan-Bissaka loses his balance trying to win the ball and then check out that volley ending up in row Z. On a side note, I'm actually really enjoying full manual at the moment and I don't typically like FIFA's manual.

prolicious snippet #02:
the second one is showing a tackle situation, where 3 defender work on 1 striker trying to get through. what i like about that, even when the physicality at the sticks isn't felt that much, are the animations... 3 different players, 3 different animations to make the striker stumble!
it looks believable to me and when they finally fall down, this looks uniqe too (different animations).
Haha that was both chaotic but very realistic looking aswell. Once in a while you see defenders clatter into their own team mates with best intentions and that looked like it here.

They all tumble for a reason. On PES 2021, I feel if defenders ran into each other, It's just because the game is making them run around like mindless bots trying to remember what direction they're supposed to be facing which leads to frustration, not amuesment like your clip.
A couple more nice organic CPU moments here. I love how Wan-Bissaka loses his balance trying to win the ball and then check out that volley ending up in row Z. On a side note, I'm actually really enjoying full manual at the moment and I don't typically like FIFA's manual.

This was also great and something I can picture seeing in a real match, I love how Son has to overcompensate his body weight whipping in a cross with his weak foot causing him to fall too.

I was playing as Palace here. Terrible pass out of defence from the CPU, I love the poor connection on the shot and how it still almost results in a goal.

love those organic touches in FIFA16... and how the striker is scrapping his shot is another small positive touch! man, that game! :APPLAUD:

edit: ill be back with another snippet soon... you little teaser you... :D

prolicious snippet #04:
this time it is (again) about how organic this game can be.... those little touches that make the atmosphere while playing soooo good!
so, when my first tackle against an unrushing opponent isnt working, i kept my cool and tried to block passing lanes. this worked so well, that i got the ball and was able to (finally) make use of a high pass. this is something i need to do more often as its very varied as well.
so Parker feeds it to Smith and Smith is playing a well timed high pass towards Taggart!
i liked how i had to press the "barge" button to get my body against Iorfa who still was able to clear that ball in the end. and look how lifelike his reaction is after that last sec. tackle in the pen area! and have a second look at how Taggart kicks the ball, that whas just cleared by Iorfa, outside the pitch... its all so well done... that flow of all the mechanics involved... :D

I was just testing out some kits so this was CPU v CPU. Love, love, love this hit and the keeper animation as well.

...this next one was all me though:APPLAUD:

that first shot packs a punch, isnt it!? :LOVE:

love those varied shooting animations, you can actually see and feel the power applied!

Last edited:

Since I prefer not to play at the moment (elbow microfracture- I probably could, but it's better not), I'll post some old stuff I have on the HD since some long time.

These are some highlights of my Belgium World Cup after the end of the Liverpool season I played months ago (that ended with me, you don't say, sacked after failing the Champions qualification for a bunch of points :D).

In order:

1) Nice but unfortunate try in the last second of my first, winning game, with the keeper forward to try score.
2) A true gem by De Bruyne
3) Beautiful solo action by Ivory Coast winger (can't remember who he was), with the long knock ball and a great save by Courtois.
4) The ending drama of the group.. needed a draw to go forward, in the 89th minute or something my defense.. well, took that goal. Notice my defender empty jumping. I was super mad at this point.. but..
5) By some miracle, in a last desperate effort, Vertonghen nails it with that nice shot.

Then we got kicked out by Argentina in the first turn, with a nice header in the extra times that I was sure I saved.. but couldn't find. Oh well.

I have been playing more of 17 lately but the physical part of the game (including defending with the body) just feels of to me. I love how you can barge players on 16 like on @Tamer video above

Anyway, I played a 16 game tonight and yes the CPU had 90+ passing accuracy but it was simply brillant. Every moment of it was so engaging. I lost that game at home 2-3 but I eventually scored that equalizer (1-1) that made me jump out of my sit.

Last edited:
I have been playing more of 17 lately but the physical part of the game (including defending with the body) just feels of to me. I love how you can barge players on 16 like on @Tamer video above

Anyway, I played a 16 game tonight and yes the CPU had 90+ passing accuracy but it was simply brillant. Every moment of it was so engaging. I lost that game at home 2-3 but I eventually scored that equalizer (1-1) that made me jump out of my sit.

So true about the physicality. It adds a lot to the gameplay also, as correct positioning becomes a proper method of defending. Just the physical presence of the defender forces you to consider them. On Frostbite (for the most part) you can kind of just shrug them off as there's no battle.

I never tried the player cam in FIFA16! I’ll give it a try today. Looks better than I have it in mind when i played the other game.

I never tried the player cam in FIFA16! I’ll give it a try today. Looks better than I have it in mind when i played the other game.

The switch to this third person camera is not an easy one, but I can't see myself playing with a different (lateral) camera any more. As a manual players, angles are more natural, but defending can be tricky, particularly inside the box. I wish I could find a way to disable the height switch the camera has when the ball is inside the defensive third. In some stadiums it goes too high.
What I absolutely love about it, is that you really get more immersed in the stadium atmosphere. Also, everything is more about the instant and what is going on in the close area around your controlled player. You don't get those coach or fan wide (omniscient) view of the pitch. On the other hand, you can actually see more your teammates starting runs in depth, like that Wan-Bissaka run on my video. It is more like being on the pitch, than watching a game on your tv.

The switch to this third person camera is not an easy one, but I can't see myself playing with a different (lateral) camera any more. As a manual players, angles are more natural, but defending can be tricky, particularly inside the box. I wish I could find a way to disable the height switch the camera has when the ball is inside the defensive third. In some stadiums it goes too high.
What I absolutely love about it, is that you really get more immersed in the stadium atmosphere. Also, everything is more about the instant and what is going on in the close area around your controlled player. You don't get those coach or fan wide (omniscient) view of the pitch. On the other hand, you can actually see more your teammates starting runs in depth, like that Wan-Bissaka run on my video. It is more like being on the pitch, than watching a game on your tv.
Yeah. I can already be dreaming of the third person cam being enhanced by the atmosphere, which is already great when playing in regular camera view. Once the other game went tv style broadcast, I really enjoyed that broadcast camera in every footie game.

i just set up a fixture, Italy vs. England, wich im about to play now. After that, I’ll try the 3rd person cam and give feedback.

Really enjoying learning manual at the moment. I'm actually finding I'm creating and scoring better goals with it as well. This was only on semi-pro but I loved this late equaliser. Crazy game, ended 4-4 (clearly having some defensive issues:SHOCK:)

Really enjoying learning manual at the moment. I'm actually finding I'm creating and scoring better goals with it as well. This was only on semi-pro but I loved this late equaliser. Crazy game, ended 4-4 (clearly having some defensive issues:SHOCK:)

as a full manual vanilla nut i approve that manual goal! :D look at the ball traveling... its spin and cuve... just lovely!

and whats wrong with that ball boy sitting there cool as f... you freaking scored a last minute equalizer!!! time to go crazy! :LOL:

nothing better than to score yourself (or miss)!! :APPLAUD: i'm happy for you finding the way to fuma!!
if you need any information on that topic, i'll be glad to help!

prolicious snippet #05:
it is that TOT:ARS fixture again... what a game that was!
this time its Tottenham keeping the ball in posession when going through a crowded midfield. Chadli laying off the ball to Kane with a slight tap, and Kane tries to lob it towards Chadli again (whos making its way into the pen area) with all his tech ability available. the ball gets cleared by Mertesacker (in a Merstesacker fashion) but not far enough (M-fashion) and right back to Kane. he sees the opportunity, even when the ball isnt droping of his foot perfectly after receiving, he makes the best out of this situation and hits it full tension...
the ball is a bit too close to his body and that makes this animation so lovely! whoever had a shot on target in a situation like this (in real life) will understand that this is true to real life!! sooo freaking organic how he hits the ball... and how that beauty travels...
:LOVE:
the ball drops once in the pen area when its goes low after leaving Kanes foot and Cech is lucky to get a hand on, deflecting it out of bounce with a wonderfull save, resulting in a corner for Tottenham!

Man, i just love this game!
:APPLAUD:

Last edited:
So true about the physicality. It adds a lot to the gameplay also, as correct positioning becomes a proper method of defending. Just the physical presence of the defender forces you to consider them. On Frostbite (for the most part) you can kind of just shrug them off as there's no battle.
Yes, I absolutely love the physicality on it. Love how you can be cheeky as well by grabbing their shirts for a split second and getting away with it. If you are sneaky enough - you can slow them down or barge them off the ball. There's risk and reward there.
I had a hilarious moment there last night, but I panicked, clicked all sorts of buttons and at the end didnt manage to record it.
One of my strikers is having some sort of crisis. He is by far highest overall on my team but just cant score.
He received this brilliant pass and was 1v1 with a keeper. I was thinking
- Now! Here's your chance! Prove them wrong!
He swings.......misses the ball completely and falls on his arse! :LOL:
I nearly chocked laughing!

Yes, I absolutely love the physicality on it. Love how you can be cheeky as well by grabbing their shirts for a split second and getting away with it. If you are sneaky enough - you can slow them down or barge them off the ball. There's risk and reward there.
I had a hilarious moment there last night, but I panicked, clicked all sorts of buttons and at the end didnt manage to record it.
One of my strikers is having some sort of crisis. He is by far highest overall on my team but just cant score.
He received this brilliant pass and was 1v1 with a keeper. I was thinking
- Now! Here's your chance! Prove them wrong!
He swings.......misses the ball completely and falls on his arse! :LOL:
I nearly chocked laughing!
i once was an advocate for the automatic shielding and blocking, not manual... but with this title, i feel there is a healthy middle ground.
shoulder or body barging with L2 is so nicely done here, plus the players sometimes shield automatically (but not abusing it).
you really can use it wisely (correct timed presses needed) and get good results from it, organic, believable results that dont feel like cheating or something (even when i wished for more player stats making an impact). and the AI does the same to you... in a fair way!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom