FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Hi Byronic,

I use the latest moddingway mod (2018 squads) because supernova's db has been designed for this one. But i made own changes to both cl.ini and DB.

In the cl i added a few adaptative difficulty and AI defence strengh strings because i found it too easy without. It adds a little momentum for the AI but not as dramatic as in the vanilla.

In the DB i modified some values in the regens and youth player tables so they fit the lower values of the players main table (for ex balance, vision, crossing, long shot...) and reworked the national and international prestige of the teams. The DB was converted from fifa 18 i think and EA changed the notation. In 16 the prestige value was set from 0 to 20 and in 18 from 0 to 10, which would have caused strange things on the transfer level.
I also took the flair trait out for 99% of the players (average joe's tended to do Neymar style fancy backheel passes on every games) and added the "one team player" trait to players like Thomas Muller, Neuer, Sergio Ramos, Piqué, Chiellini etc.... There are also few changes made in the dlc files transfer.ini and playervalues.ini but i'm still testing it, not so happy with it now.

This is supernova's gameplay with my modification:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/k06nno78xotonwn/CL%2BDB_supernova_moded.7z/file

You can find the latest moddingway mod here (IMPORTANT: install the DB 10 and choose english language, i tried the french and some other ones, it crashed every time):

https://www.moddingway.com/forums/thread-28351.html

If you have a disc version of fifa:, to use the 1.0 exe in fifa just don't allow the updates in origin and/or disconnect internet while installation.
If you can't, after installation just replace the fifa main folder by the one in Papinho's thread (thanks to him to make it available):

https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/fifa-16-news-discussion-thread.75194/post-3639171

In the exe proprieties, the signature date should be 19 august 2015, something like that.

Here you can find the supernova's original DB 10 and cl.ini file on page 20 :

http://www.soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/supernovas-gameplay.183882/page-19

Glad you came back to 16, it still looks good with some mods, except for the lightning, this is way better in recent ones, but that's pretty all :)

Hi Byronic,

I use the latest moddingway mod (2018 squads) because supernova's db has been designed for this one. But i made own changes to both cl.ini and DB.

In the cl i added a few adaptative difficulty and AI defence strengh strings because i found it too easy without. It adds a little momentum for the AI but not as dramatic as in the vanilla.

In the DB i modified some values in the regens and youth player tables so they fit the lower values of the players main table (for ex balance, vision, crossing, long shot...) and reworked the national and international prestige of the teams. The DB was converted from fifa 18 i think and EA changed the notation. In 16 the prestige value was set from 0 to 20 and in 18 from 0 to 10, which would have caused strange things on the transfer level.
I also took the flair trait out for 99% of the players (average joe's tended to do Neymar style fancy backheel passes on every games) and added the "one team player" trait to players like Thomas Muller, Neuer, Sergio Ramos, Piqué, Chiellini etc.... There are also few changes made in the dlc files transfer.ini and playervalues.ini but i'm still testing it, not so happy with it now.

This is supernova's gameplay with my modification:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/k06nno78xotonwn/CL%2BDB_supernova_moded.7z/file

You can find the latest moddingway mod here (IMPORTANT: install the DB 10 and choose english language, i tried the french and some other ones, it crashed every time):

https://www.moddingway.com/forums/thread-28351.html

If you have a disc version of fifa:, to use the 1.0 exe in fifa just don't allow the updates in origin and/or disconnect internet while installation.
If you can't, after installation just replace the fifa main folder by the one in Papinho's thread (thanks to him to make it available):

https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/fifa-16-news-discussion-thread.75194/post-3639171

In the exe proprieties, the signature date should be 19 august 2015, something like that.

Here you can find the supernova's original DB 10 and cl.ini file on page 20 :

http://www.soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/supernovas-gameplay.183882/page-19

Glad you came back to 16, it still looks good with some mods, except for the lightning, this is way better in recent ones, but that's pretty all :)
First of all thank you very much for such a brief overview related to the Gameplay Edits and your very interesting Edits you have done by yourself.
The Traits Editing is one of the most valueable things which can be done for the whole Gameplay Topic. I always used to follow Fidel´s Gameplay Edits, especially his Special DB´s at the times of Fifa 18, 19, 20. Also I discovered last year Fifaccitiu Fifa 18 Gameplayzed Thread where he edited the whole game ( not only First Divisions ) with well sorted Traits for the Players in game. I tested those edited Squads and the difference was huge to default GP.

Anyway, your Edits to your DB are also in depth and well made. I am curious how they change the game. Just a great move from you to share. You have listed everything for an very good restart with the particular links. I appreciate that.

The Supernova Edits seems something I have missed that time. I know his works for Fifa Gameplay over the years but I joined the Fifa PC modding Scene just in 2017, close before the first Frosty Tools came out. And that means it was already Fifa 18 Time.
So you would recommend to purchase the disc Version of Fifa 16 instead the digital Version? Unfortunetly I bought today the Digital Version. But here in Germany there is no Problem to buy the Disc Version because we have an Sell and buy Market similar to Ebay Auction House. It covers only Germany. And there I often noticed that Private Sellers offers Fifa 16 as Disc Version. The Prices are acceptable btw. Maybe I purchase a Disc Version too.
The Difference is the available exe I understand. Via Origin they serve you the latest exe and with the Disc Version we become the valueable 1.0.0 Exe, right? I am aware from Pap´s Thread that the early exe provides an much better Gameplay Experience.

Well I will start tomorrow downloading your provided Material. And to be honest, it feels good to be back at Fifa 16. I enjoyed today reading the newest Posts and how many Users are participate in the threads after now 5,5 years after the Game released. And yeah, last but not least is it always fun to have all that Opportunities for modifying the game in Terms of Graphics, GP and Immersion. :D
And your absolutly right, with some mods the Game looks still very good after all that years. Cheers

Thanks, supernova's mod is not everybody's taste but i hope you will have fun with it.

If you can buy the disc version for cheap, why not, at least you will own the game for good but you don't need to, as i said you can substitute the fifa folder installed digitally by the one provided by Papinho in bitorrent and you will enjoy the 1.00 version also.

Hi Mate,
thanks for pointing this out! The exe Version thing is not as clear as it shoulds for me. But let me explain what I have understand now after reading your Post and also going through El Pajaro´s thread with the Gameplayzer Mod 2.0 from Fifaccitiu:
After I have purchased the digital Version of Fifa 16, the exe is of course from 07/2016. So really not interested to have the best gp possibilities. I also downloaded the Fifa 16 Version from Pap and installed it inside my Origin Folder. Unfortunetly the date shows me current date which is 06/2021. I guess it´s because of the Install Progress. anyway, when I look at the Properties of the exe, it´s written 1.0.0.0 and Date is 18.09.2015. When I download the Fifa 16 exe 1.0.1 from El Pajaros thread the exe have the same Signature: 1.0.0.0 Date 18.09.2015?!
But the 1.0.0 exe must have an earlier Date for sure!? You has written the exact same Date ( 18.09.2015 ) to me to be safe it´s the 1.0.0. like it should in Pap´s thread.
So the exe from Pap´s thread inside the download Folder is definetly the 1.0.0? Well, than I have the right one now in my Game Folder, just the strange same Date in Properties of both exe´s.
Just one Question to you: I followed your Post and have installed the most. Just need to install MDW Mod and use your modifications from the Supernova DB and your edits you made. Modding, testing, modding, testing was yesterday much time consuming as everybody knows. :D
So I installed first FIP 4.0 to look how it works with a newer DB, today I will install MWM with your DB and cl.
Like I mentioned I also Gameplayzed my DB and have now a much relaxed and slower GP, what I really enjoy. Is it normal that after Gameplayzed my Players have Ratings in 50-60 GES?? I am aware through Gameplazed Progress the Ratings settle down, so it´s logic that the GES is in that Area. Also the Teams just have half Star instead 5 like Real or Bayern. I just wonder if I done everything correctly?

Whatever, Gameplay feels really nice and I am ready to test more GP combinations and also mods, like the File Server for Stadiums ( only for newer exe´s I know ) and for the 1.0.0 exe I will try Pap´s R Script for Stadium usage. But first of all I must read intensivly the Guide for the R script if it´s possible to have Stadium Server Stadiums in the low exe Versions.

Love this game, but, tactically, it does a few things that drive me crazy. I play 1.01, my cl is clean apart from adding a couple lines to increase the AI defensive difficulty, and my sliders aren't crazy, so I wonder if these are just functions of the game or something can be done to improve them. I'm also using the Classic Patch at the moment, so I know the ratings may be affecting things and wondered if others have this happening too:
  • My DMs bomb forward at every opportunity, despite the "stay back while attacking" instruction being turned on. On PES 2013, one of the changes was giving all DMs the "Anchor Man" trait that makes them sit. My CMs do this, as well, leaving the gap in front of my defenders massive, and I'd like the DM(s) to sit and protect because that's a crucial area for the AI to attack.
  • My CBs constantly swap sides. It's not a huge deal, but it seems so bizarre that it's happening.
  • FBs are very conservative, even with the "overlap at all times" instruction. I pushed the slider for FB positioning to 100 but that's only made a small difference.

Love this game, but, tactically, it does a few things that drive me crazy. I play 1.01, my cl is clean apart from adding a couple lines to increase the AI defensive difficulty, and my sliders aren't crazy, so I wonder if these are just functions of the game or something can be done to improve them. I'm also using the Classic Patch at the moment, so I know the ratings may be affecting things and wondered if others have this happening too:
  • My DMs bomb forward at every opportunity, despite the "stay back while attacking" instruction being turned on. On PES 2013, one of the changes was giving all DMs the "Anchor Man" trait that makes them sit. My CMs do this, as well, leaving the gap in front of my defenders massive, and I'd like the DM(s) to sit and protect because that's a crucial area for the AI to attack.
  • My CBs constantly swap sides. It's not a huge deal, but it seems so bizarre that it's happening.
  • FBs are very conservative, even with the "overlap at all times" instruction. I pushed the slider for FB positioning to 100 but that's only made a small difference.
Hi, wanna ask what is a typical Game Result for you with your settings at the moment? When I play with the 1.0.0 0r the 1.0.1 exe together with a Gameplayzed DB than my Scores are decreased. For both Sides. AI and mine. The matches often end even with 0:0 on Legendary Level. I play 2x7 Minutes. I am aware many Players would say it´s too short by playing only 2x7 Minutes, but I personally don´t like longer matches, because a whole Season would become an endless feeling to complete. I am not able to play everytime 5 or 6 matches, though. But it depends on everyones favour oc.
What I can say it´s helpful to play with a combined Pack of GP related Settings and mods.
With at least to Gameplayzed your Db and the Fact that now the ratings of the Players are decreased, makes the Game settle down and not so much overpowered like the things you mentioned.
And yeah, the Tactical Aspect of the game is harder to manage. I test that Aspect also. But like I mentioned my game feels very balanced with the Communitys Advices and suggested ways which mods are imported to benefit from in your experience how do you feel in your game.
I can encourage you to test how your game feels after you Gameplayzed it. I also use different cl.ini Settings to feel a difference in GP and if I feel a difference by changing them.
At the end it always depends on everyones personal way how to play and how it should feel the game. Just impossible for any modder to create "THE ONE" Gameplay everyone preferd. So we need to test, test, test and combine all those great GP mods and Slider Settings we have today. And sometimes we could achieve a personally great experience for our game. :D
But I also realized the last years it will be come harder and harder with the direction the newer Soccer games drift into.

Hi Mate,
thanks for pointing this out! The exe Version thing is not as clear as it shoulds for me. But let me explain what I have understand now after reading your Post and also going through El Pajaro´s thread with the Gameplayzer Mod 2.0 from Fifaccitiu:
After I have purchased the digital Version of Fifa 16, the exe is of course from 07/2016. So really not interested to have the best gp possibilities. I also downloaded the Fifa 16 Version from Pap and installed it inside my Origin Folder. Unfortunetly the date shows me current date which is 06/2021. I guess it´s because of the Install Progress. anyway, when I look at the Properties of the exe, it´s written 1.0.0.0 and Date is 18.09.2015. When I download the Fifa 16 exe 1.0.1 from El Pajaros thread the exe have the same Signature: 1.0.0.0 Date 18.09.2015?!
But the 1.0.0 exe must have an earlier Date for sure!? You has written the exact same Date ( 18.09.2015 ) to me to be safe it´s the 1.0.0. like it should in Pap´s thread.
So the exe from Pap´s thread inside the download Folder is definetly the 1.0.0? Well, than I have the right one now in my Game Folder, just the strange same Date in Properties of both exe´s.
Just one Question to you: I followed your Post and have installed the most. Just need to install MDW Mod and use your modifications from the Supernova DB and your edits you made. Modding, testing, modding, testing was yesterday much time consuming as everybody knows. :D
So I installed first FIP 4.0 to look how it works with a newer DB, today I will install MWM with your DB and cl.
Like I mentioned I also Gameplayzed my DB and have now a much relaxed and slower GP, what I really enjoy. Is it normal that after Gameplayzed my Players have Ratings in 50-60 GES?? I am aware through Gameplazed Progress the Ratings settle down, so it´s logic that the GES is in that Area. Also the Teams just have half Star instead 5 like Real or Bayern. I just wonder if I done everything correctly?

Whatever, Gameplay feels really nice and I am ready to test more GP combinations and also mods, like the File Server for Stadiums ( only for newer exe´s I know ) and for the 1.0.0 exe I will try Pap´s R Script for Stadium usage. But first of all I must read intensivly the Guide for the R script if it´s possible to have Stadium Server Stadiums in the low exe Versions.
Sorry for the late reply, things have been messy at work last week, no time for anything else until now ;)

Yes the exe in pap's folder is 1.0.0. In the exe proprieties check the digital signatures tab the date should be 29 august 2015.

The lower team stars and lower player values after gamplayzing a db are normal yes. If you play tournament modes it shouldn't be an issue but in career mod its a big problem, for the transfers for example. The solution would be to find the code that defines the team stars and player overalls and modify it but i have no idea how to do it. To make the transfer market more realistic, i tried to do my best in the dlc files "playerwages" and "playervalues" but i'm not really satisfied with it.

Good luck in your search for your perfect gameplay.

PS: lowering a bit the speed of the game with speedhack in cheat engine gives good results also, the pace is more realistic, its less frantic.

Hi, wanna ask what is a typical Game Result for you with your settings at the moment? When I play with the 1.0.0 0r the 1.0.1 exe together with a Gameplayzed DB than my Scores are decreased. For both Sides. AI and mine. The matches often end even with 0:0 on Legendary Level. I play 2x7 Minutes. I am aware many Players would say it´s too short by playing only 2x7 Minutes, but I personally don´t like longer matches, because a whole Season would become an endless feeling to complete. I am not able to play everytime 5 or 6 matches, though. But it depends on everyones favour oc.
What I can say it´s helpful to play with a combined Pack of GP related Settings and mods.
With at least to Gameplayzed your Db and the Fact that now the ratings of the Players are decreased, makes the Game settle down and not so much overpowered like the things you mentioned.
And yeah, the Tactical Aspect of the game is harder to manage. I test that Aspect also. But like I mentioned my game feels very balanced with the Communitys Advices and suggested ways which mods are imported to benefit from in your experience how do you feel in your game.
I can encourage you to test how your game feels after you Gameplayzed it. I also use different cl.ini Settings to feel a difference in GP and if I feel a difference by changing them.
At the end it always depends on everyones personal way how to play and how it should feel the game. Just impossible for any modder to create "THE ONE" Gameplay everyone preferd. So we need to test, test, test and combine all those great GP mods and Slider Settings we have today. And sometimes we could achieve a personally great experience for our game. :D
But I also realized the last years it will be come harder and harder with the direction the newer Soccer games drift into.

My matches are tight. Realistic, but tight. And I play 15-20 minute halves...I typically play tournaments, so that's why I like a little longer matches. I gameplayzed my db but, while I truly appreciate the work that went into it, it's not for me. It did dull the players down some so the better players stand out more, but I wish it didn't override all the team settings, like playing style, individual player positions can't be edited, etc, so I reverted back to the original db.

Does anyone know if there's a way to override the season in the cl.ini and play a game in summer? I am currently playing a World Cup in wintertime, and that's kind of a buzzkill seeing long sleeves in the Brazil WC. That option is grayed out in the match settings, so I can choose the time of day and the weather, but it's always winter.

My matches are tight. Realistic, but tight. And I play 15-20 minute halves...I typically play tournaments, so that's why I like a little longer matches. I gameplayzed my db but, while I truly appreciate the work that went into it, it's not for me. It did dull the players down some so the better players stand out more, but I wish it didn't override all the team settings, like playing style, individual player positions can't be edited, etc, so I reverted back to the original db.

Does anyone know if there's a way to override the season in the cl.ini and play a game in summer? I am currently playing a World Cup in wintertime, and that's kind of a buzzkill seeing long sleeves in the Brazil WC. That option is grayed out in the match settings, so I can choose the time of day and the weather, but it's always winter.
I also think about to increase my Match Time, currently I am playing 2x7 Minutes. It´s definetly to short with tweaked GP. Like you said the Games are tight.

Sorry for the late reply, things have been messy at work last week, no time for anything else until now ;)

Yes the exe in pap's folder is 1.0.0. In the exe proprieties check the digital signatures tab the date should be 29 august 2015.

The lower team stars and lower player values after gamplayzing a db are normal yes. If you play tournament modes it shouldn't be an issue but in career mod its a big problem, for the transfers for example. The solution would be to find the code that defines the team stars and player overalls and modify it but i have no idea how to do it. To make the transfer market more realistic, i tried to do my best in the dlc files "playerwages" and "playervalues" but i'm not really satisfied with it.

Good luck in your search for your perfect gameplay.

PS: lowering a bit the speed of the game with speedhack in cheat engine gives good results also, the pace is more realistic, its less frantic.
Ahh, yes I didn´t think about till now that the Transfer Values effected too. I start new Season by disabling the first Transfer Period so i will face that in Winter Period.
I couldn´t try your recommend GP Setup with the Supernova edited MW DB. The reason is my game won´t start under no circumstances with the 1.0.0 or the 1.0.1 exe when MW DB is the Source. Even Default MW DB. I start the game in english Language like you said but nothing happend. No Start screen, nothing. Other languages the same. When I change the exe to the newest Version from 07/2016 the game starts without Problems with both DB´s, MW original and your provided DB.
Another Patch, from Fifaplanet called EEP 16 starts with the 1.0.0 exe without Problem. Strange.
Anyway, thanks for the speedhack Tip. It´s something I didn´t test till yet.

I came across this thread the other day -

http://soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/fifa-futsal-16.6465838/

There’s references to lots of changes in ball physics via cheat engine which is a big positive if we can work out how to apply them ourselves. Anyone have an idea where to start with just taking the ball physics part of the cheat engine table?
Hey Anth,
I checked your thread finding right into the Blue. :D
I am not a Cheat Engine Pro but it could be that you are hit Gold. Let me explain what I tried the last hour. I downloaded all the Cheat Engine Versions of the related thread from Creator@AndreaPirlo from Soccergamingforum. there are still available on github. I didn´t concentrate on hooking the Cheat Engine with the Futsal mod which is original intend for. I hooked the Cheat Engine directly with our normal Fifa 16 Default Game! It worked!
AndreaPirlos Cheat Engine hooked to Fifa 16. Look at the huge amount of Gameplay related Values he add to his Cheat Table in my screenshots.
Let´s focus on the Ball related Values. It´s everything editable. Ball Position ( I guess that was needed for the Futsal mod ), if I scroll down the Table you will find much more Values to edit works on the flow. Let´s go to the interesting Ball Values you will see in my last screen shot, like: Ball Spin 1, Ball Air Drag 2, Ball Ground Bounce, Ball Roll Friction and some more.
I recorded a Video from second half of the game I played with Cheat Table edited Values. At the Moment it uploaded to YouTube. I will upload it here when the damn Quality rendering from YOu Tube is finished. I wait at least if 1080 p is available. ;-)

What I can say and you may could see without playing the game itself, After I changed Ball Values during my game to a little Value around 0.1 ( just for Test I don´t put in some Fancy values ) the Ball feels indeed heavier and have an slightly nice Spin which is to see in the Video when i or the AI play a long ball or flank the ball into the box.

So, Guys I will encourage you to download the Cheat Table and try different Values for Ball or any other Value what this talented Editor @AndreaPirlo from soccergamingforum provides.
@papinho81 Pap, I guess you have good skills which Values in the CT are effects what, also Anth. I point in direction Fifa 20 gp lab. ;-)
There you made for sure interesting findings.
But please everyone with the aim to edit more Physics or GP related things for Fifa 16 should test it.
Me, I will go on with testing and I hope I can increase my skills with Cheat Engine. But like I mentioned, it´s an easy to use Cheat Table because everything is provided inside. Just click and edit.
I would contact AndreaPirlo right now, but I read in his thread he left the community in 2019.
Anyway, this thread find by Anth could be worth Gold for Fifa 16 editing. I hope you Guys understand my pleasure when you tested the Cheat Table by yourself.

My Video will come today and some screenshots I will upload soon.

The You Tube Link:

I played full manuell Gameplay settings, so don´t put the blame on me when some passes go into nowhere. :D

I have no additional Gameplay mods or cl.ini entries related to Gameplay enabled. It´s Vanilla EA Fifa 16 Gameplay, only cheat engine Values are running in the background with slightly changed Values.

I didn´t test the others. I made now 2 games only changing Ball related Values. I don´t know if it will be helpful, but when you are in the game, pause the game and than make your changes. Two times my Game crashed either I didn´t pause the game or I changed too much Values at once. :D
And before you make your changes on the fly, enable the desired Column/Value and than change the Values. Just when I increase or decrease the normal Values with 0.3 plus or minus I can feel a difference how the ball behave. When you didn´t tick the Column and make your changes the Values switch back to standard. Like you said, test and pray. :D

AndreaPirlo from soccergamingforum mentioned that his Cheat Table only works with 07/2016 exe
But don´t worry, i see values and Columns for changing Animation. And so much more. I really hope even the GP without 1.0.0 exe is adorable.

It doesn't seems to work here with v1.0. I just see a bunch of 0 and all the balls vaules have ??
The values fill in when you start the game. Not before. I test now by myself with exe 1.0.0. I played with match screen in windowed mode, this way it´s better to control the Cheat Table also.

ah sorry, Pap. You meant which Fifa 16 exe Version I use?!? Yes indeed, it only works with the newest Fifa.exe from 07/2016
Yeah, I test it right now by myself with the 1.0.0 exe. The Values remains at zero and ??. :-(
Do you have a second game Version available with the 07/2016 exe for testing?

Yes, but I have zero interest in working on the last version of the game. I guess we will have to find the v1.0 offsets to make something out of this.
Yes, understandable! Time for find out how to make them work with the 1.0. I will ask Aranaktu on his discord channel or PM him. I hope he can give at least some valueable Tips if he not to busy to work on his own Projects. Like I mentioned, I have no clue how to find needed Pointers or write lua scripts. ;-)
But I try to help where I can.

Back
Top Bottom