FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

does anyone know which key is to push the ball forward for a sprint run (to overrun opposing player)?

cpu uses that often to overrun my players on the wings and i don't know which key is for me to do the same to cpu :)
You can double tap sprint button or use the right analog stick in the direction where you want to push the ball forward with your player.

You can double tap sprint button or use the right analog stick in the direction where you want to push the ball forward with your player.

i already tried with double tap sprint button and long holding sprint button but it doesn't perform that specific movement.

as for right analog stick, i still don't know which name is used for it in controller settings menu for keyboard.

Hi.
How to force CPU to to create more chances and take more shots?? I play on Legendary , i use Supernova final gameplay. Playing West Ham career and in many matches often vs City, United, Chelsea when should be a very intensive game i have shot statistic 8:2 , 10:3, etc. it doesn't mean that I win almost every match but it's not very realistic and challenging.I noticed, for example, that CPU has poor quality crosses and rarely manages to take a shot or score a goal after such a play. I like it when the match is intense and the number of shots from both teams is equal. Of course, such matches happen, but I think they are too rare. I moved the sliders but it didn't affect the CPU's offensive play much. I heard that you can change the lines in the ini files that are responsible for the intensity of the CPU attack. Could someone help me what lines and in which files should I change?

Last edited:
@Hatrickhero I also use that cheatengine mod combined with supernova gameplay mod ( sliders+ cl.ini) and its very good gameplay. So yes, you can use it with sliders, I would say you even have to :)

I’ve been undertaking a title update gathering process of all 7 updates released for FIFA 16.

So far I have managed to gather 1.00, 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.06 and the final 1.07.

Does anyone have 1.04 and 1.05 still backed up? I can guide you through what needed to saved if you have those versions and can share.

I’m planning to upload all to archive.org for posterity and preservation once I’ve got them all (would hate to upload with gaps so trying my best to find 1.04 and 1.05 first).

All patches are still playable, as long as you own the game on EA App. Note that the use of earlier patches are not for cracked users, as the only cracked version is 1.07.

@manmachine still have 1.05 stored somewhere? I noticed you had posted about that version in this thread as recently as 2022, thought it was worth a tag just in case you still had it.

ok, im getting samey feeling with fifa 16 again, even with mods, still feels like every game is the same, my team plays the same, it s really confusing, and then if i go back to PES 2021 i will feel the repetitive nature of the shooting mechanics, and the one dimensional shooting variation...... it s really confusing which way to go....

Having fun editing the format of English football. Replaced the EFL Trophy with a 64 team tournament consisting of League One, and the third tiers of German and French football. (This is with the FIFA Infinity Patch with a few cups removed) Also made another trophy for League Two and National League clubs. Tempted to turn the Carbao Cup into a European competition for 2nd tier English, German, French and Italian teams, but might make upper tier English gameplay a little sparse.

I saw you liked my post @JochemLFC I'm actually having a nightmare doing it as sometimes it crashes, and it's hard to get it right. If anyone knows how to find out if I'm exceeding the comp data limit, because sometimes it crashes and I just want to sort it and play career mode 😭

I saw you liked my post @JochemLFC I'm actually having a nightmare doing it as sometimes it crashes, and it's hard to get it right. If anyone knows how to find out if I'm exceeding the comp data limit, because sometimes it crashes and I just want to sort it and play career mode 😭
It’s a hard and sometimes boring job to edit those files.

The thing with db and dlc editing is that you should always make back-ups everytime you have tested your edited db’s in fifa. With FIP version manager you have an easy tool to make back-ups.

If you exceed the data limit, never start a career with a pre season tournament. Your fifa will always crash then.

I’m currently building the new UEFA European League system in fifa 16. It was a hell of a job but I’m nearly there.

It’s a hard and sometimes boring job to edit those files.

The thing with db and dlc editing is that you should always make back-ups everytime you have tested your edited db’s in fifa. With FIP version manager you have an easy tool to make back-ups.

If you exceed the data limit, never start a career with a pre season tournament. Your fifa will always crash then.

I’m currently building the new UEFA European League system in fifa 16. It was a hell of a job but I’m nearly there.
Ah that's interesting. Oh god now that sounds a difficult thing building the UEFA stuff. I've made so many mistakes thinking it's working without proper testing

Ah that's interesting. Oh god now that sounds a difficult thing building the UEFA stuff. I've made so many mistakes thinking it's working without proper testing
The point is, if you make one small mistake, the whole league or career mode isn’t working. That’s why I test after all small changes.

When I’m editing, I restart FIFA sometimes 25 times to check and test my db and dlc files.

legendary
ok, im getting samey feeling with fifa 16 again, even with mods, still feels like every game is the same, my team plays the same, it s really confusing, and then if i go back to PES 2021 i will feel the repetitive nature of the shooting mechanics, and the one dimensional shooting variation...... it s really confusing which way to go....

I have slightly different feelings. It's true that not every match is different, but the way CPU plays, especially in defense and midfield, forces us to play differently if I want to score a goal. What works in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd match often doesn't work in the next match. The problem of this FIFA is that there is a different CPU boost and that it often happens in series of matches. I mean, I have three matches in a row where I can create a lot of opportunities and score goals, regardless of whether I play against a good or bad team. After that comes a series of difficult matches, but ones where, with proper focus and taking advantage of my chances, I can also win. And finally, the matches that I feel are simply impossible to win. No matter what opponent I play against. This makes it often easier to play against, for example, City or Spurs, and much more difficult against, for example, Norwich. However, for me the main problem is that the CPU is not attacking hard enough. Often, when I play versus strong team for example, a cup final or an important match against the leader of the table, the leader shoots 2-3 times during the entire match, also playing at home. If it could be fixed somehow, I probably won't go back to PES 21 for a long time. In recent years I have only played PES, but even with mods, I became bored and tired.Maybe not the gameplay itself, but a very simplified career mode that cannot be played for more than a few seasons due to the sick regens system. FIFA 16 is a breath of fresh air and gives me a lot of fun, even though it also has a lot of flaws.

Last edited:
I have slightly different feelings. It's true that not every match is different, but the way CPU plays, especially in defense and midfield, forces us to play differently if I want to score a goal. What works in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd match often doesn't work in the next match. The problem of this FIFA is that there is a different CPU boost and that it often happens in series of matches. I mean, I have three matches in a row where I can create a lot of opportunities and score goals, regardless of whether I play against a good or bad team. After that comes a series of difficult matches, but ones where, with proper focus and taking advantage of my chances, I can also win. And finally, the matches that I feel are simply impossible to win. No matter what opponent I play against. This makes it often easier to play against, for example, City or Spurs, and much more difficult against, for example, Norwich. However, for me the main problem is that the CPU is not attacking hard enough. Often, when I play versus strong team for example, a cup final or an important match against the leader of the table, the leader shoots 2-3 times during the entire match, also playing at home. If it could be fixed somehow, I probably won't go back to PES 21 for a long time. In recent years I have only played PES, but even with mods, I became bored and tired.Maybe not the gameplay itself, but a very simplified career mode that cannot be played for more than a few seasons due to the sick regens system. FIFA 16 is a breath of fresh air and gives me a lot of fun, even though it also has a lot of flaws.
pes 21 is boring not because of the simplified career mode, it s because the shooting mechanics are very very basic and one dimensional..

well you can always rename the fifa 16 folder you are currently using... put a clean fifa 16 folder apply the patch and that's it... too bad you can only play with the exe version 1.7 of the game...but in this case the same thing is fine

well you can always rename the fifa 16 folder you are currently using... put a clean fifa 16 folder apply the patch and that's it... too bad you can only play with the exe version 1.7 of the game...but in this case the same thing is fine

Why is that so?

Back
Top Bottom