FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Isn't 16 just such a difficult one to balance in regards to overall speed. It's so easy to go from feeling too fast to too slow! I thought I had a real nice balance with the speed hack recommended settings etc, but after playing some more I just feel a bit like it's lost something when playing that way. It doesn't quite feel as alive as before.

In the last couple of games I've kept the slider settings the same (aside from shot speed to 52/52) (playing with Option A ball physics) and just turned off the speedhack value and it's suddenly come alive again and feels very fluid. It will be much too fast for a lot of people, and I find it that way at times too (especially that damn CPU driven pass), but I'll keep it for a while and just see where I end up (which will probably be back on default sliders and speed). The ball physics mod definitely does help smooth out a lot of the issues compared to default which is nice.
I didn't use your 2022 Edition Ball Physics yet. I'm still on Beta 3.5 one (and am probably sticking with it) with Default Sliders + FUMA (1.07 Version of the game). It's already great, in my experience.

Isn't 16 just such a difficult one to balance in regards to overall speed. It's so easy to go from feeling too fast to too slow! I thought I had a real nice balance with the speed hack recommended settings etc, but after playing some more I just feel a bit like it's lost something when playing that way. It doesn't quite feel as alive as before.

In the last couple of games I've kept the slider settings the same (aside from shot speed to 52/52) (playing with Option A ball physics) and just turned off the speedhack value and it's suddenly come alive again and feels very fluid. It will be much too fast for a lot of people, and I find it that way at times too (especially that damn CPU driven pass), but I'll keep it for a while and just see where I end up (which will probably be back on default sliders and speed). The ball physics mod definitely does help smooth out a lot of the issues compared to default which is nice.
That’s kind of FIFA games in a nutshell since the Ignite engine onwards I think mate. Depending on the weather, stadium, time of day, etc. the game speeds up and slows down irrationally to the point where even pausing the game for a few minutes can magically make it slower/faster. It must be an issue with the core code because it doesn’t matter whether it’s an Xbox 360 or Series X, an Alienware laptop or an Acer $200 entry level laptop. System resources or processing power obviously isn’t the issue.

That’s kind of FIFA games in a nutshell since the Ignite engine onwards I think mate. Depending on the weather, stadium, time of day, etc. the game speeds up and slows down irrationally to the point where even pausing the game for a few minutes can magically make it slower/faster. It must be an issue with the core code because it doesn’t matter whether it’s an Xbox 360 or Series X, an Alienware laptop or an Acer $200 entry level laptop. System resources or processing power obviously isn’t the issue.
Yeah I think with 16 in particular it's more of a weird thing with the ball acceleration/deceleration as well as some strangely timed animation transitions at times. I think the ball physics mod definitely helps to smooth it all out a lot though....and v1.00 also helps with animations too.

I didn't use your 2022 Edition Ball Physics yet. I'm still on Beta 3.5 one (and am probably sticking with it) with Default Sliders + FUMA (1.07 Version of the game). It's already great, in my experience.
Great to hear. The newer version is the same as 3.5. I just added an option with speed hack, but it's all the same 3.5 and 2.0 in there.

Yeah I think with 16 in particular it's more of a weird thing with the ball acceleration/deceleration as well as some strangely timed animation transitions at times. I think the ball physics mod definitely helps to smooth it all out a lot though....and v1.00 also helps with animations too.
I don't see any twitchy animation issues on v1.07 either (with Pap's GP + Your Ball Physics 3.5). Also, it's on Normal speed.

Maybe you capped the FPS either in FIFASetup App or GPU Control Panel?

No, I checked and tried several combination. That's weird, I am using an oled c2 as a monitor, which comes with a game optimizer that allows gsync up to 120fps. It works well with all the games I have tested do far, but with fifa16, if I am in full screen mode the tv set the frequency to 60 fps even though the game is running at a much higher frequency on my pc.

Is anyone able to run this game at 4K with G-Synch? I am getting capped at 4K@60fps on full screen mode...

I play at 1920x1080. Enabling G-Sync in Nvidia panel and turning v-sync off in game, I'm able to reach 144hz.
However, the gameplay feels much smoother and responsive using 60 FPS (capped, with G-Sync activated) than using higher refresh rates. Don't know why.

EDIT: just in case, remember that to get 120 hz @ 4K, your cable must be HDMI 2.1 or DisplayPort 2.0 at least. Older cables won't work. Also, you must enable a custom resolution in Nvidia panel.

Last edited:
I play at 1920x1080. Enabling G-Sync in Nvidia panel and turning v-sync off in game, I'm able to reach 144hz.
However, the gameplay feels much smoother and responsive using 60 FPS (capped, with G-Sync activated) than using higher refresh rates. Don't know why.

EDIT: just in case, remember that to get 120 hz @ 4K, your cable must be HDMI 2.1 or DisplayPort 2.0 at least. Older cables won't work. Also, you must enable a custom resolution in Nvidia panel.

Yes my cable is a hdmi 2.1. The work around I have found is to use a borderless app and launch the game in window mode capped at 120 fps. That way it runs at my TV refresh rate. No tearing so far.

Man.... I installed the FIP 22/23 after not playing this for a long time and playing Fifa 22 and 23...
This game is something else... tried it first with v1.07 on xbox had a few nice games and a few frustrating due to AI ping pong, but on PC with v1.00 its so much fun, as always scored some goals that left me with a grin on my face...

quick question, did FIP do something to the difficulty? I played Pro and WC and found it really hard to break the AI defense (in a good way), but I know in vanilla I can just walk in at least on Pro...
Anyway, good fun, might even start a CM.

Man.... I installed the FIP 22/23 after not playing this for a long time and playing Fifa 22 and 23...
This game is something else... tried it first with v1.07 on xbox had a few nice games and a few frustrating due to AI ping pong, but on PC with v1.00 its so much fun, as always scored some goals that left me with a grin on my face...

quick question, did FIP do something to the difficulty? I played Pro and WC and found it really hard to break the AI defense (in a good way), but I know in vanilla I can just walk in at least on Pro...
It just clicks instantly doesn't it. To my knowledge nothing has been done to the difficulty.

It just clicks instantly doesn't it. To my knowledge nothing has been done to the difficulty.

Yeah its amazing how good it feels especially after playing the new ones, and I mean how players move and how the ball feels like a separate entity. Little mistakes by the players here and there, heavy touches... just so good. I was about to give you a shout out too because after playing vanilla on xbox and then playing with your lighting mod its night and day. The pitch looks so good. I still need to mess around a bit with brightness and contrast as I feel on my tv it looks a bit too dark but still, the pitch color on the xbox looks so washed up. still need to try your camera and physics though.
As for difficulty, it might have been an old cl.ini file I copied. will try reverting as I've never felt FIP changes difficulty as well.

Yeah its amazing how good it feels especially after playing the new ones, and I mean how players move and how the ball feels like a separate entity. Little mistakes by the players here and there, heavy touches... just so good. I was about to give you a shout out too because after playing vanilla on xbox and then playing with your lighting mod its night and day. The pitch looks so good. I still need to mess around a bit with brightness and contrast as I feel on my tv it looks a bit too dark but still, the pitch color on the xbox looks so washed up. still need to try your camera and physics though.
As for difficulty, it might have been an old cl.ini file I copied. will try reverting as I've never felt FIP changes difficulty as well.
Great to hear! Yeah play with those sliders in each look. It's pretty easy to create some additional custom looks also.

Let me know how you find the ball physics too!

I've played today couple of games 1.00.

Actually, it is better than 1.07. And I am playing the game since it came out!

I really like it, animations are better sometimes much more fluid, AI is much less annoying, not playing boring tiki-taka, and the game is fun. Also, I had a problem with crossing with 1.07 and now I think it's better, scored some interesting random goals. Of course, I played with ball physics mod by Anth, again the first version (which I still think is the best) :D

The best thing is that I don't need File Server for stadiums, scoreboards/popups working like charm just renaming files in-game. So now I only need to find out how to use INTRO before the match instead of skill games. Does anyone know that?

Had the exact same feeling last weekend...Frustrated with Fifa 22 and 23, decided to fire up my first gen PS4 (which I wasn't even sure would work after almost two years in a drawer) and re-downloaded FIFA 16. Even though it was v1.07, had the most fun playing a football game in years using OS modified sliders and lower tier teams.

Would love to be able to buy the game for PC and use the amazing mods created by the community, but it seems to be an impossible task at the moment with prices surpassing USD 100.

Is there any solution for the catch-up bug? When I run away from a slow defender (with Mbappe for example), the defender catches me up.

I have never really suffered from catch up in FIFA16. That's really a game where pacy players shine (may be a bit OP too). Do you use the right stick knock on when you have enough space?

I know. But its strange now for some reason. With or without Supernova gameplay mod.

Even before when i run with stick i could use only sprint if i have advantage. But now defenders catching me up. Also players are not so "explosive" to make advantage when recieving ball.

What option in controller menu should i use for analog sprint (there are two options)?

I've been playing a lot of PES 2021 lately (trying to mod it) and also some FIFA 22 and FIFA 23. After a few weeks I just fired up 16 - and wow. 16 just makes so much sense when playing it. The movement, the behaviour, the positioning -it really is on a different level to those games.

I feel the ball physics mod combined with v1.00 has really hit a sweet spot for me too. I don't have that clunky feeling when passing. Even comparing the passing to those newer games I've been playing, the smoothness from 16's passing to me feels right up there now.

I've been playing a lot of PES 2021 lately (trying to mod it) and also some FIFA 22 and FIFA 23. After a few weeks I just fired up 16 - and wow. 16 just makes so much sense when playing it. The movement, the behaviour, the positioning -it really is on a different level to those games.

I feel the ball physics mod combined with v1.00 has really hit a sweet spot for me too. I don't have that clunky feeling when passing. Even comparing the passing to those newer games I've been playing, the smoothness from 16's passing to me feels right up there now.

It's crazy how every other game feels clunky after trying FIFA 16 once. Every time I open FIFA 16, it feels fresh, beautiful, almost perfect. I'm in love with FIFA 16. I reached a point where it has even 'destroyed' my passion for playing PES 6, I can't play it anymore because it gets boring fast. And I'm sure it was a great game

James, i keep saying it but your ball physics mod (version 3.5 for me) has brought that excellent game to another level. The way the ball spins, curves and generaly behaves like a real one is amazing. Thank you again!
Actually, it is. I am playing this game really a lot since it came out (now on PC) and also played on consoles. But i must say the game was great but now i can't play without his ball physics.

It is really amazing. This game have some good stuff. Love when surprises me with some random moments.

Hi, I´m new with playing FIFA 16. Just downloaded it. By reading some comments, it seems to be better than PES21. Can you please give me some recommendation on which mods to use or which ones are you using for you to have that good experience? Thanks!

In my head it's like the PES 2013 from Fifa. Players weightless same as the ball but good AI.
But i prefers it than PES 2013 (no way than FIFA 14 and a lot of PES iterations).

Both games which are popular here / especially / but that i just don't have any sensation to play. Well, i don't like that much sliders as i played exclusively online and not so long offline and i was just "Yes, ok. Not a bad game but i don't like that and that and that... " i prefers tons of others PES aswell as other Fifa, so for me "better than PES 2021" (just to me) is blasphemy just to think that lol. But objectively and without affect for a type of gameplay they're probably very different but both pretty good.

The most lookalike game in terms of feeling is, at least to me... PES 13 but on animation steroid : weight shift etc. in Ignite is very basic and not pretty well represented to me, even less than their previous engine. And too much agility.

In fact, i hated Ignite and see a (fake) part of light with Fifa 17 Frostbite but they returned that engine like a toast. I got a better feeling on older and newer version.

My 2 favourite FIFA 14 especially PS4 as you can see how well that game have aged, and Ignite was only for animations fortunately.
But to me the best FIFA with the 11 on PS3... But i still believe that FIFA 14 aged by far much better, especially the PS4 version. There's no thread because unfortunately there wasn't any way to play the New gen version, but still the older version is graphically outdated but pretty good.

Still, it's a game i understood people who enjoy it (not the 15 for example : atrocious) but i don't get why it's place that high. Probably the AI fetishist lol, i'm more about realism in physics than in AI so... Matter of preference.
But you really tempt me to try a session on Semi/Manual for high through balls , no sliders as every time i try a game with slider i found the playability super weird, i'll never get used to it especially while dribbling and shooting.

Perhaps i will get another sensation that in the past, i played it a lot online and with assistance (it was fun at the time so)
But i repeat i will retry, sometimes the recoil is the key to understand how good a game could be... Or sometimes the opposite with a game i won't mention as i know some fans lol.

Such a dissapointment that fifa 16 is not available on cdkeys

Mayb anyone knows where to buy it for pc??

Last edited:
Hi, I´m new with playing FIFA 16. Just downloaded it. By reading some comments, it seems to be better than PES21. Can you please give me some recommendation on which mods to use or which ones are you using for you to have that good experience? Thanks!
Same question. I've found the game for 40€ on Amazon.de (still pricey but well..).
As far as I understand, FIP (22/23) is the best "AIO" mod.
What about gameplay (physics ecc) and other stuff? Thanks in advance!

Same question. I've found the game for 40€ on Amazon.de (still pricey but well..).
As far as I understand, FIP (22/23) is the best "AIO" mod.
What about gameplay (physics ecc) and other stuff? Thanks in advance!
Patch -> FIP v5.2 (21/22) with FIFA 23 converted faces or FIP v6 (22/23) which comes with all the converted faces.
Gameplay -> https://evoweb.uk/threads/paps-modding-mess-house-of-placebo.86376/#post-3685794 (only if you use the latest version of FIFA 16, no need for any gameplay mods if you use v1.0 of the game)
Ball Physics -> @Anth James' Ball Physics 2022 Edition (I personally use Option A/3.5 Beta)

These are basically it! You're good to go after this!

Back
Top Bottom