FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Yep. Totally uninstalled, including My Documents, pulled out all the hidden and cached files from the AppData folder and the like... No joy. The launcher just doesn't get past the EA Sports FC splash screen. Could need to format the PC or something but... I'm not going to go that far. All I know is, Origin ran it with no issues...
Tried offline? Argh that's so frustrating.

***Organised scoreboards pack for FIFA 16 v1.00, FIP 6.0***

Download- https://mega.nz/file/8A9DhBKY#T4VF-NenoH9Be0z3FTxWW9fnrOUkRUnEj2l21DPQ-pI

For those using v1.00 of 16, we know that file server doesn't work. However there's a quick and easy way to change scoreboards in game. I've collected as many scoreboards from different makers as I could and organised them. All you need to do is rename the particular folder you want to 'game' (inside data\ui) and that's what it'll read. You can do this in game as well, so you don't need to exit to change between scoreboards.

For reference I'm using FIP 6.0 with the purple theme installed, so you'll want to use that as well to keep your menu consistent with these folders.

Credit to all of the scoreboard makers.

Enjoy!

***Organised scoreboards pack for FIFA 16 v1.00, FIP 6.0***

Download- https://mega.nz/file/8A9DhBKY#T4VF-NenoH9Be0z3FTxWW9fnrOUkRUnEj2l21DPQ-pI

For those using v1.00 of 16, we know that file server doesn't work. However there's a quick and easy way to change scoreboards in game. I've collected as many scoreboards from different makers as I could and organised them. All you need to do is rename the particular folder you want to 'game' (inside data\ui) and that's what it'll read. You can do this in game as well, so you don't need to exit to change between scoreboards.

For reference I'm using FIP 6.0 with the purple theme installed, so you'll want to use that as well to keep your menu consistent with these folders.

Credit to all of the scoreboard makers.

Enjoy!
Nice collection, Anth! Thanks for sharing. With that Post I wanna remember there is imo a much more handy option to change scoreboards and TV Logos on the Fly. Monkeydragon´s Scoreboard and TV Logoserver. I have linked to both Tools below on my Mega drive.
It´s easy to use. And you can fill as many Scoreboards and Tv Logos in it you want. Just tab out of the running game at game start menu choose the scoreboard and TV Logo you want and hit import button. You will see the changes instantly in your next game. No need to quit the game.
Both Tools comes with pre installed Logos and Scoreboards. The original links are still active at Fifainfinity in FIFA 16 section on their website.

This is the original Post with the Instructions from the Author for scoreboard Changer tool:

Post-620x330.jpg

This tool lets you SWITCH FIFA 16 SCOREBOARD while playing the game.
Installation:
– Run INSTALLER as Administrator and Install “FIFA 16\” folder.
– Launch FIFA 16 TV Scoreboard Changer (Run as administrator)
* Be sure FIFA 16 not running while applying this step *
* For the first time running, the tool needs PATCH “some files” in “.bh files”
* This step only done for the first time or after applying Official Patch from EA ORIGIN *
– Click on “mBH PATCHER”
– Click PATCH
* Now you can start both FIFA 16, Scoreboard Changer *
– Select Scoreboard
– Click IMPORT
* The Scoreboard will be visible when you choose RESTART MATCH in PAUSE MENU (In case you’re in match) *
* Tip: before starting match from menu, ALT + TAB to SCOREBOARD CHANGER, select scoreboard and import *
If you want to add your own files, do as following:
– Click “OPEN FOLDER”
– Create new folder, e.g: My New SB
– Name your files as “overlay_xx02.big”
– Make “preview” photo (ratio: 16:9)
If you have fonts, create “fonts” folder inside “My New SB”, puts “fonts.txt” and “****.ttf” there. When you click import, the tool automically compare and copy fonts to FIFA 16.

DOWNLOAD LINK:

https://mega.nz/folder/kMYVTapT#5KdG77HER9JCTHdjcCyCPA

This is the one for TV Logo Changer:

tvlc2-566x330.png

I’ve developed TV LOGO CHANGER for FIFA 16!
Since people got trouble with Microsoft Text To Speech, I’ve removed HOTKEY+VOICE ALERT.
So, the feature would be only IMPORT/RESTORE.
I also developed “mBH PATCHER” – a small tool to remove “overlay_9105.big” reference from BH. Now, each time you get update from EA ORIGIN, just launch “mBH PATCHER” again to “patch” file, no need waiting for TV LOGO CHANGER new version.
Here I attach “Background + TV Logo.PSD”, if you are interested in making your own logo, pleaese download, make and post PNG here, I’ll collect and put them in FULL DOWNLOAD.
INSTALLATION
============

– Install to any folder (By default “FIFA 16MD FIFA MOD”)
– Launch FIFA 16 TV Logo Changer (Run as administrator)
* Be sure FIFA 16 not running while applying this step *
* For the first time running, the tool needs PATCH “overlay_9015.big” in “data_front_end.bh” *
* This action only done for the first time or after applying Official Patch from EA ORIGIN *
– Click on “mBH PATCHER”
– Click PATCH
* Now you can start both FIFA 16, TV Logo Changer *
– Select logo
– Click IMPORT
* The Logo will be visible NEXT MATCH (in case you’re in the match) or when you choose RESTART MATCH in PAUSE MENU *
* Tip: before entering match, ALT + TAB to LOGO CHANGER, select logo and import *

DOWNLOAD LINK FROM FIFAINFINITY:

https://dl.fifa-infinity.com/fifa-16/fifa-16-tv-logo-changer-1-0/

I've been playing with a few slider adjustments for v1.00 (and with my ball physics mod) over the last week or so and I'm having some great, engaging matches. It's a bit of a working set and I haven't adjusted much, but it's a real challenge. You have to be switched on during all phases of the game and it's not easy to create chances to shoot. I feel like playing out from defence is more difficult and the midfield is very tight, but there's now a bit more of an opportunity to play some long balls or even a counter attacking game.

Marking: 74/74
Height: 60/60
Width: 30/30
FB: 35/35
Powerbar: 68 (personal preference)

I was toying around with F16 last night, coz I read that on PS5 you can turn automatic updates and patches off in settings. There are two options - turn automatic updates off and install updates automatically.
Switched them both off and the game download and installed patches anyways. Paused the download, deleted the update, started the game - before I was in the settings - it downloaded and installed them anyways.
Am I doing something wrong, or is it still the case to keep the console offline forever? Whats the point of these settings then?

I've been playing with a few slider adjustments for v1.00 (and with my ball physics mod) over the last week or so and I'm having some great, engaging matches. It's a bit of a working set and I haven't adjusted much, but it's a real challenge. You have to be switched on during all phases of the game and it's not easy to create chances to shoot. I feel like playing out from defence is more difficult and the midfield is very tight, but there's now a bit more of an opportunity to play some long balls or even a counter attacking game.

Marking: 74/74
Height: 60/60
Width: 30/30
FB: 35/35
Powerbar: 68 (personal preference)
ball physics 3.5?ball physics 3.5?

Do you guys think Fifa 16 is worth it to get now, I have it on my ps4, I really like the game, but seeing all the modding capabilities on pc, i’ve been thinking of getting it, it’s either this or 23
If you like it on your Ps4, you will love it on PC! I guess not only my opinion. ;)
When you mod the game with all the great mods are available you will see it´s another experience although you know it from your Ps4. Actual Squads, new graphics and the gameplay is worth buying on PC imo.

*Ultimate Ball Physics Mod RELEASE*

Guys, after releasing a few BETA's, for the sake of keeping everything tidy, I've packaged it up and included the link below.

I've always had an issue with the ball on 16 not having enough carry - it would shoot out super fast and then slow down way too quickly- which resulted in a lot of unnecessary interceptions and breakdowns of play.

It also massively impacted the smoothness of the game. I've been working to try and improve this and other elements through ball physics.

Finding a balance was tricky, but with the values we have to work with, I feel like I've got it to a place where I'm really happy. 16 has always been a great game, but for me these changes have transformed it into something even better.

You should find that there's more freedom to play, the ball is more natural and 'alive' (resulting in some amazing variety) and the game should feel overall a lot smoother. You also have to think more about controlling the ball.

There's two options included in the download, both compatible with v.100 and the most updated v1.7.

I've written everything up as clearly as I could in the Read Me in the download, so be sure to give it a go.

Download: https://mega.nz/file/kQFk3RhL#cUOaPgUEi1Sij0JZzBcdk8D7e52Iy8kBfqpsgjghZ9w

Hope you enjoy!! Feedback welcomed.

Last edited:

Guys, after releasing a few BETA's, for the sake of keeping everything tidy, I've packaged it up and included the link below.

I've always had an issue with the ball on 16 not having enough carry - it would shoot out super fast and then slow down way too quickly- which resulted in a lot of unnecessary interceptions and breakdowns of play.

It also massively impacted the smoothness of the game. I've been working to try and improve this and other elements through ball physics.

Finding a balance was tricky, but with the values we have to work with, I feel like I've got it to a place where I'm really happy. 16 has always been a great game, but for me these changes have transformed it into something even better.

You should find that there's more freedom to play, the ball is more natural and 'alive' (resulting in some amazing variety) and the game should feel overall a lot smoother. You also have to think more about controlling the ball.

There's two options included in the download, both compatible with v.100 and the most updated v1.7.

I've written everything up as clearly as I could in the Read Me in the download, so be sure to give it a go.

Download: https://mega.nz/file/IFESlAaS#U1gjnayNidlz49vnekLu846nTach1PrutEyXx52_qDU

Further to this, I've recently been working on 16's gameplay balance and I've found a particular way of playing it that for me, is the best 16 has felt (I'm playing on v1.00, so not sure how it translates to v1.7).

With the addition of the overall smoothness from the ball physics mod, combined with a few slider and speed settings to really balance it all out, I feel it's corrected a lot of the 'twitchy'/fast feeling that has been annoying in 16 and creates a really fresh experience.

If you want to give it a try - in the download you will find 'Option A with Speedhack' (remember instructions on how to activate are in the download).

1. Select 'Option A with Speedhack' (highly recommend playing with v1.00 of 16).

2. Normal gamespeed

3. Sliders (remember these sliders are designed to balance out the speedhack):
- Sprint Speed: 51/51
- Shot Speed: 54/54
- Pass Speed: 51/51
- Marking 74/74
- Line Height: 60/60
- Line Width: 35/35
- FB: 35/35
- Powerbar: 68

Great that you have not abandoned to improve the Physics mod. Will try it later.

What exactly does it mean? You are working on Visuals/Graphics for the current Classic Patch available for FIFA 16 or did I completly misunderstood this Post. Oh Man these Crests and the nostalgic Look of the Image is looking awesome. Time to reinstall the Classy Patch. :))
Oh sorry! I'm working on some classic reshade looks to compliment all of the crests etc. I want it to look and feel like the old times.

Oh sorry! I'm working on some classic reshade looks to compliment all of the crests etc. I want it to look and feel like the old times.
Oh really. Great Idea. I often seen nostalgic reshade Presets for some Video Games on You Tube. The huge Variety of Shader effects and Textures are really grown over the years since reshade excist. May I ask you which library do you use for your Project in particular? Last time I installed a huge amount of Presets for Red Dead Redemption 2. Makes the game really unique looking. Its called "Filmic Clarity Reshade". Like the name intend it´s related to make the look of the game more filmic like old Western Movies.

Oh really. Great Idea. I often seen nostalgic reshade Presets for some Video Games on You Tube. The huge Variety of Shader effects and Textures are really grown over the years since reshade excist. May I ask you which library do you use for your Project in particular? Last time I installed a huge amount of Presets for Red Dead Redemption 2. Makes the game really unique looking. Its called "Filmic Clarity Reshade". Like the name intend it´s related to make the look of the game more filmic like old Western Movies.
Yeah it can really make a difference when done right. I use a range of them, I'll have to have a proper look and see. It was a compliation of different effects I'd used over time for the night lighting mod.

For those of you with consoles who are stuck doing editing manually, this website is the best I've found for stats from FIFA 23 that are easy to put in 16 (same order, etc.) and has the latest squads, loan players, etc. I updated Man Utd on my Series X and it was pretty fast and easy with this website:

https://sofifa.com/teams

Download: https://mega.nz/file/IFESlAaS#U1gjnayNidlz49vnekLu846nTach1PrutEyXx52_qDU

Further to this, I've recently been working on 16's gameplay balance and I've found a particular way of playing it that for me, is the best 16 has felt (I'm playing on v1.00, so not sure how it translates to v1.7).

With the addition of the overall smoothness from the ball physics mod, combined with a few slider and speed settings to really balance it all out, I feel it's corrected a lot of the 'twitchy'/fast feeling that has been annoying in 16 and creates a really fresh experience.

If you want to give it a try - in the download you will find 'Option A with Speedhack' (remember instructions on how to activate are in the download).

1. Select 'Option A with Speedhack' (highly recommend playing with v1.00 of 16).

2. Normal gamespeed

3. Sliders (remember these sliders are designed to balance out the speedhack):
- Sprint Speed: 51/51
- Shot Speed: 54/54
- Pass Speed: 51/51
- Marking 74/74
- Line Height: 60/60
- Line Width: 35/35
- FB: 35/35
- Powerbar: 68

Hey Man, time for a little review about your new edits for the Physics mod. I like the v.3.5 of course but this one have much more impact of playing the game it ever should be. Tried it first on v1.7 because the old Patch I currently have installed didn´t work with v1.00. It´s just when I load into the game with v.1.00 the main menu didn´t load. Other than that with the same mods when I load the game with v.1.7 the Patch loads into main menu and I can play. Really strange. Anyway, even on v.1.7 the ball behaviour is very very improved. Ball rolls now. From my ball leading Player to my ball receiver Player. Didn´t stop that like that ugly ball behaviour from EA´s Vision of their gameplay. Also the Players included the AI Players moves just better. Animations didn´t see and feels that cluncky animations in default like in Vanilla.

I had the best feeling playing a under class match in EEP 16 from Slim. 5th german League match between
Aschaffenburg vs Offenbach. Both locations are only 40-50 km away from where I live here in Germany. 😆 Playing feels much more attractive and fluid without to be feared did my passed ball now reach my Team mate or will the pass being intercept by the AI. Will do testing on v.1.00 when I get back to FIP 16 Patch. Should be a little bit better than on v1.7. But again, even for 1.7 it feels nice. I guess important to mention is that I first after a long time, played with sliders for accelaration and speed with over 50 default. I always had the feeling it would become to much spin in FIFA 22 or 23 direction.
But I followed your recommend settings and I could see and feel you have tested all aspects together for a better round up Gameplay experience.
I tested A & B Versions. The B version with the speed hack is my favourite for the moment.

After years hiatus of playing...

Just tried the Football Life 2023 for three games. People say how "realistic" it is.

I got 2 fouls in one game. That was the most I got. Ridiculous. Scoring is so easy.

Got back to Gameplayzed FIFA 16 and realized how head and shoulders above anything else this game is. 7 fouls in the first half alone. That's more like real football.

While waiting for the World Cup 2022 mod, I have to install the Classic Patch. I wonder can I install it over the old Moddingway mod.

I love this game. Only football game worth playing.

After years hiatus of playing...

Just tried the Football Life 2023 for three games. People say how "realistic" it is.

I got 2 fouls in one game. That was the most I got. Ridiculous. Scoring is so easy.

Got back to Gameplayzed FIFA 16 and realized how head and shoulders above anything else this game is. 7 fouls in the first half alone. That's more like real football.

While waiting for the World Cup 2022 mod, I have to install the Classic Patch. I wonder can I install it over the old Moddingway mod.

I love this game. Only football game worth playing.

How did you get more fouls?

I wouldn't install it over ModdingWay patch. Having crossed files, there are many chances to screw it all up. Better use a fresh install

Back
Top Bottom