Best FIFA 16 gameplay simulation settings are here. Best football game ever!

El Pajaro

Championship
14 May 2008
A few people have asked what kind of settings I use to play FIFA 16 (which is my preferred football game). The only modern title that (with correct settings) play even remotely like real football. Yes it has its flaws but it's the only football game since PES5/WE9 that really captured the "genuine feel of football". It's not necessarily something that "you can put your finger on"... it's just the "atmosphere" you get when you play this game with these settings... I always watch patiently all cutscenes and replays and enjoy the "slower pace"... and ability to DEFEND is very important factor to me.

It's the only modern football game that has FOULS and free kicks and doesn't have crazy, unfair AI comeback logic and idiotic scripted goals (in some newer PES titles you KNEW that the AI is going to score if it got a last minute corner, etc). In FIFA 16 you can actually play cynical, defensive football and trying to defend your lead. I don't even recall EVER playing a 0-0 game in any modern PES. Those games happen in modded FIFA occasionally.

There's also no way you can make endless crazy long distance goals all the time. A lot of those shots go wide (just like they do in real football). You even get disastrous failed shots occasionally (as in real football). You really have to work hard for your goals and victories. If you're looking for fast arcade action and "superhuman moves", stay away from these settings.

Example of one (a bit rough) game stats (15 min. halfs, legendary)

pqcbcbR.jpg

I use the following settings by Ciais, EXE version 1.01 (with Origin set "offline") and of course legendary skill level.

DOWNLOAD FIFA 1.0 EXE (demo gameplay) file here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/vvfmgha8n7ehay3/fifa16.zip/file

Download Gameplayzer: http://www.mediafire.com/file/im1igwvove90pci/FIFA+16+-+DB+Gameplayzer.zip/file

After implementing these settings I will decrease injuries quite a lot and make some individual increases to every team star players' abilities (so their skills will shine more).

I also use slow gamespeed and increase both user and CPU sprint speed a bit (but that's a taste thing).

When you play a tournament there will be variation how the referee works. In some matches you get as much as 20 fouls, sometimes only 6-7. But the main thing is... you will get good free kick opportunities, a LOT of realistic holding and obstruction in the midfield (which result to fouls), attacking player fouls in the opposite penalty area (when fighting for the headers), and if you use "grabbing the shirt" button you'll get even more fouls. Most of the time refs won't notice it but occasionally you'll get yellows. Just consider that in real football there's going to be 20-40 fouls in every game. Modern FIFA and PES have 0-2 fouls per game and the good free kick opportunities simply won't happen. That's like removing penalties from hockey or Grand Slams from baseball. I think it's pretty decent to get 8-20 fouls in modded FIFA 16 (since we're playing 15 min. halfs).

This ai has penalties, cards and very "genuine feel" in it. Well better than any other football game I've played.

HOW IT WORKS:

1. Go to your \FIFA 16\data\db folder and copy fifa_ng_db.db file to your gameplayzer folder.
2. Open Gameplayzer.exe
3. Open matrix file
4. Open fifa_ng_db.db file
5. Save it with different filename like 1_fifa_ng_db.db (the program starts "gameplayzing" it. Wait for a few minutes.
6. Copy that gameplayzed db file to your \FIFA 16\data\db and overwrite the old fifa_ng_db.db (i.e rename it accordingly)
7. Copy-paste the text of the cl.ini (from the end of this post) and replace it with the original cl.ini file and overwrite. Do the same with cmsettings.ini.
8. Go to the Edit Squads screen in-game and select "Reset squads," then you will be able to see the db changes
9. Enjoy

PS: Nothing is perfect. If you have more ideas and observations, please do share. I just want to have the best and most realistically playing football game possible.

Gameplay (testing) version 2019-04-27

Thanks to }_Oasis_{, AlexFaz89, andersfss, AndreaPirlo21, Ariel, Azami_Nene, bangus, beta990, Chris Davies, Chuny, dissectionalone, El Pajaro, Exocyst, fideco, Fidel Gameplay, fifaCCitiu.com, final lap, FredHor, frisgon, Hess, Krebstar, Madmac79, Matt10, miguelfcp, miketheslummy, Nisoley, papinho81, paulv2k4, pedrito79, Redhat, regularcat, rsl1, shawminator, slamsoze, Supernova, Tinker and anybody I surely forgot :))

To fully enjoy it you need:

• DB Gameplayzer: https://mega.nz/#!Pl1nFSIJ!3h3uurRkowJiLRbIsBLf4p73nPdka_E4OmvsVJVWbes
    • Edits since last version:
      • Recalculated Agility, Sprint Speed, Acceleration and Vision
      • Slightly increased Aggression for more physicality and fouls
      • Reduced Short Passing to contain CPU laser passing
      • Increased Crossing to balance higher CPU Pass Error slider
      • Reduced Reactions increase to counter some god-like defending
      • Reduced Penalties so players should both blast them and miss more
      • Recalculated GK Handling and GK Diving
      • Removed Selfish trait from GKs to prevent them from stupidly dribbling around their area

• Sliders:
      • Increased Pass Error
      • Decreased GK Ability
      • Decreased Marking
      • Decreased Fullbacks Positioning
      • Probably others, I stupidly deleted the old sliders so I couldn't compare all the values

• cl.ini:
    • Create/replace the file in your FIFA 16 folder
      • If you have ModdingWay Mod installed, after that simply reopen FIFA 16 MWM Selector.exe and then close it, without doing anything else
      • Removed unused or redundant strings
      • Added strings decreasing shot and pass accuracy
      • Added strings removing precision in player moves (dribbling, trapping...)
      • Rebalanced referee strings to have more fouls but less cards

****************************************************************************************

• cmsettings.ini:
      • Recalculated fatigue recovery so now players are 75%+ fitness ready after 3 days, as in real life
Cheers :))

Some gameplay footage.

Last edited:
No problem. Thank Ciais for all his work.

Injury freq/severity is way too high. Set that lower accordingly. Personally I also like to increase the sprint speed and acceleration a little because with slow gamespeed the players might get a bit sluggish.

But other than that it plays really well. We spent a lot of time back in the day to find out best possible settings.

Good job @El Pajaro, We needed an updated, concise guide for newcomers as digging through a years worth of the FIFA 16 Discussion thread isn't always practical to find scattered bits and pieces of tips and tweaks.

I do concur with the injury severity. I knocked it down to 20 but left the frequency high. It's nice to have those human moments where players do get hurt and it tells the story of football being physically demanding and tough but it doesn't get silly with 2 players having to be subbed off due to injury every single match.

Yes and these settings aren't carved in stone. If you find out something that works don't hesitate to share it. But always play a few games to make sure the new adjustments actually work (and don't affect on something else negatively).

For example we experimented a lot with different settings with Ciais but sometimes when we fixed something (like lack of offsides) another problem arised. These settings above are (imho) quite well balanced base.

Huh! Really nice thinking indeed -- I myself couldn't find the last version I uploaded anymore (late April/early May 2019?)

Why I never did it myself, I'll never know :D

It would have been a shame to see it "disappear" -- I NEVER delete ANYTHING, so unless the hosting server crashes, my files should ALWAYS be there, even if my current interests shift as in this particular case

Thank you El Pa :)

Thank YOU for working your ass off for these settings. Much appreciated.

PS: Was cmsettings.ini needed (and modified somehow)? I can include that to the initial post if it was.

Thank YOU for working your ass off for these settings. Much appreciated.

PS: Was cmsettings.ini needed (and modified somehow)? I can include that to the initial post if it was.
Don't mention it, you know that I like it if I'm both feet in -- don't tell me you forgot the match reports for NHL 2004 ;)

Yes, cmsettings.ini is actually needed -- it balances fatigue recovery between matches, players get more fatigued now during a game and would still be dead tired after a week with default settings :)

I found these... I wonder if this is the correct one?

And this file goes to FIFa 16 root or FIFA 16\dlc\dlc_Football_Comp_eng\dlc\FootballCompEng\data (this is another location where I found it).

Code:
[FITNESS]       // new energy recovery model - adam & simon
ENABLED = 1
PLAYER_MAXENERGY = 92
PLAYER_MIN_OVERALL_FOR_NEWS = 75
ENERGY_THRESHOLD_FOR_FATIGUED_EMAIL = 50
NUM_DAYS_FOR_LONG_TERM_INJURY = 14
CONSTANT = 10.0

// 0 - 33
BASE_DAY_1_1 = 20
BASE_DAY_1_2 = 160
BASE_DAY_1_3 = 280
BASE_DAY_1_4 = 360
BASE_DAY_1_5 = 200
BASE_DAY_1_6 = 180
BASE_DAY_1_7 = 160
BASE_DAY_1_8 = 160
BASE_DAY_1_9 = 160
BASE_DAY_1_10 = 160

// 33 - 66
BASE_DAY_2_1 = 60
BASE_DAY_2_2 = 200
BASE_DAY_2_3 = 280
BASE_DAY_2_4 = 240
BASE_DAY_2_5 = 160
BASE_DAY_2_6 = 160
BASE_DAY_2_7 = 160
BASE_DAY_2_8 = 160
BASE_DAY_2_9 = 160
BASE_DAY_2_10 = 160

// 66 - 100
BASE_DAY_3_1 = 100
BASE_DAY_3_2 = 200
BASE_DAY_3_3 = 200
BASE_DAY_3_4 = 160
BASE_DAY_3_5 = 160
BASE_DAY_3_6 = 160
BASE_DAY_3_7 = 160
BASE_DAY_3_8 = 160
BASE_DAY_3_9 = 160
BASE_DAY_3_10 = 160

//TOURNAMENT RECOVERY DATES - same for the length of tournament
TOURNAMENT_BASE_DAY_1 = 60
TOURNAMENT_BASE_DAY_2 = 200
TOURNAMENT_BASE_DAY_3 = 280
TOURNAMENT_BASE_DAY_4 = 240
TOURNAMENT_BASE_DAY_5 = 160
TOURNAMENT_BASE_DAY_6 = 160
TOURNAMENT_BASE_DAY_7 = 160
TOURNAMENT_BASE_DAY_8 = 160
TOURNAMENT_BASE_DAY_9 = 160
TOURNAMENT_BASE_DAY_10 = 160

Thanks. Added that post in full there.
In cl.ini you have add these Lines ?
CPUAI]
HOME_DIFFICULTY=1.00
AWAY_DIFFICULTY=1.00
HOME_OFFENSE_DIFFICULTY=1.00
AWAY_OFFENSE_DIFFICULTY=1.00
HOME_DEFENSE_DIFFICULTY=1.00
AWAY_DEFENSE_DIFFICULTY=1.00
so if i play expert i still have a sample or legend difficulty without script ... or with your settings posted above you don't need to add them?

I probably could once, but now I'm afraid I won't -- I'm sorry, but I told you guys countless times already that the last time I even had the game INSTALLED was almost 2 years ago now, I don't remember everything, especially all this technical stuff :(

Instead of keeping on asking me, I believe the quickest way would be to try it and see for yourself -- after all, that's what I did, trial and error, trial and error

I mean, it also seems pretty self-explanatory to me -- I guess that the higher the number, the more aggressive the CPU will be home/away and in offense/defense

Expecting the obligatory follow-up question, I don't know what numbers you should use -- is 10 what you need? Or is it too much? Should you use 0.9 at home, or 0.75? I have no idea, and if you want me to answer that for you, then you're gonna need to wait at least a day so I install Origin again, re-download the game and test (no offense, but I'm not going to do it)

I believe testing it yourself is obviously quicker, as you're playing the game right now, your computer won't explode, it's just a matter of adding a bunch of lines to a text file, which you can always delete later if it's not what you want

And forgive me if I sound arrogant, but please try to get in my shoes for once, I'm constantly being bombarded by questions you ALREADY know I DON'T have the answer to

Sorry El Pa, it was not against you at all of course :)

Mmm, no, the DB folder is usually inside one of the dataX.big files -- unless you have a custom-made patch installed (like ModdingWay), then you'll need to extract it yourself and regenerate to be able to edit it (I'm guessing you simply have a vanilla installation)

I have ModdingWay. That's why I put it like that. Without Moddingway mod does the database file go to just FIFA 16\data?

I'll edit that in the 1st post.

No, I don't think that's necessary -- ALL mods/patches of course have an external DB folder with their DB (\data\db\), otherwise the game would just load the default/vanilla one

The only time the DB is NOT in the data\db folder (which is the only one available) is because NO mods/patches that change the DB/roster have been installed = the game is vanilla

Thanks man I will give it a try. I love this game. I just wish there was a way to add more variety to the way CPU plays. Like not all team should play possession based tiki taka football. I can never manage to fix that.

I've installed a patch called Fifa Infinity Patch V3 and I think the games updated correctly. It seems to have updated the kits / players. Then followed the instructions for the gameplay in this thread.

Any tell tale signs to tell me it updated? The instructions say "9. In your game, go check if all players have Stamina no lower than 5 *. If they do, your DB has been correctly Gameplayzed
:))
"

I'm not sure things are correct though. In Team Sheets, I'm seeing players with stamina below 5. Also is it right Liverpool would be marked as a 3 star team? In fact it seems all teams have very low star rating?

I'm probably going to do a clean install and to see if anything messed up the first time.

Ok, so -- when I made the Gameplayzer I was using Moddingway IIRC, and in my tests players apparently had Stamina no lower than 5

Fifa Infinity Patch V3 probably has different player ratings, so it's probably normal to have Stamina lower than 5 -- still, I guess it works, since normally players DON'T have Stamina that low I'd wager

Yes, teams are rated so low because all players have had their ratings reduced -- it's purely a gameplay thing, to have a more realistic gameplay player ratings have to go down, sometimes down hard as with Stamina, so of course teams would be considered really low because their players technically "suck" compared to what the game considers "normal" ratings, so you shouldn't look too much into that

Bottom line: no need to reinstall anything, from the looks of it you applied the Gameplayzer correctly

So having played some exhibition matches from the Championship, I think I can see why you like this game. I've definitely seen some types of shots already that I wouldn't see in PES, headers and shots either going wide by some margin or well over the bar. Then all the stats being lowered on the patch means a lot of mistakes can also be seen from players. Spinning and kicking the ball straight away, or trying to pass to someone not in line of sight can often result in a miss-kick.

I'll be starting a season soon and see how I get on. Currently I'm not on Legendary as I'm pretty naff at these games but I do play full manual controls.

I'll need to get used to the game play again as even on Slow, it still feels faster than PES but I will probably play both PES and FIFA16 now đź‘Ť.

Back
Top Bottom