FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - GAME RELATED TALK ONLY!

Depends what you call running....

I was just trying to explain EA's reasoning for not releasing it on PC, as I would only say about 5-10% of PC's are the equivalent of the next gen consoles. So why make a game for 5% of people, when you can make a game which 90% of PC owners can play.

It isn't just the GFX card, it is the amount of RAM, power of processor. I just used the GFX card as a simple example. I could get incredibly geeky over why it won't get released on PC.

I disagree with you, there are a lot more than 5-10% pc's out there who can play games requiring more power than FIFA 14 next gen (even if tbh we have no precise idea of the specs required).

Depends what you call running....

I was just trying to explain EA's reasoning for not releasing it on PC, as I would only say about 5-10% of PC's are the equivalent of the next gen consoles. So why make a game for 5% of people, when you can make a game which 90% of PC owners can play.

It isn't just the GFX card, it is the amount of RAM, power of processor. I just used the GFX card as a simple example. I could get incredibly geeky over why it won't get released on PC.

I bet u a million pounds that bf3 is more demanding then this next gen FIFA by a huge margin. Yet bf3 has sold millions on pc,s with plenty able to play it

I disagree with you, there are a lot more than 5-10% pc's out there who can play games requiring more power than FIFA 14 next gen (even if tbh we have no precise idea of the specs required).

I didn't say 5-10% of PC's playing games more powerful(as they are probably much better optimised and you can run at lower resolutions), I stated the % of what PC's out there are similar or better spec than the next gen consoles. Which is what EA are basing their decision on.

I bet u a million pounds that bf3 is more demanding then this next gen FIFA by a huge margin. Yet bf3 has sold millions on pc,s with plenty able to play it

What has that got to do with anything?
People who play FIFA on PC, will be completely different to people who play BF3. I wouldn't even attempt to play BF3 on a non-gaming PC.
+BF3 PC was the lead platform so was customised for PC from the start.

We don't know how good the next version of FIFA is, but I would expect a massive update in AI, which would require more processing power and amount of ram required to run it.

I was also mainly pointing out the reasons why EA would choose not to release FIFA next gen on PC, as your average PC has to catch up to be similar specs to next gen consoles.

Last edited:
I didn't say 5-10% of PC's playing games more powerful(as they are probably much better optimised and you can run at lower resolutions), I stated the % of what PC's out there are similar or better spec than the next gen consoles. Which is what EA are basing their decision on.

What has that got to do with anything?
People who play FIFA on PC, will be completely different to people who play BF3. I wouldn't even attempt to play BF3 on a non-gaming PC.
+BF3 PC was the lead platform so was customised for PC from the start.

We don't know how good the next version of FIFA is, but I would expect a massive update in AI, which would require more processing power and amount of ram required to run it.

I was also mainly pointing out the reasons why EA would choose not to release FIFA next gen on PC, as your average PC has to catch up to be similar specs to next gen consoles.

Plenty of people play both bf3 and FIFA on pc. Check the thousands of origin members to see the games they play .

All the people I have met in original play bf3 as well as FIFA.

The ai won't improve dramatically. Play arma 3 to see a proper game that is very heavy ai dependand. That game many people play that too despite that game being more of a system killer then bf3 so go figure.

This is factual, if a pc game is good to the majority of pc gamers, it will sell well and many will buy it. If its average or crap, expect low sales.

Lots of people have decent rigs . There is a market for top end games in pc

Game related talk only. PC talk in the PS2 section please :SMUG:

mfmaxpower you're doing the same what critics of FIFA do.

You haven't played it either, yet you believe anything press writes about it.

I thought people grew up from being brainwashed by EA. Guess not.

They did the same exact thing since I was registered @EA forums. I remember Ian speaking of FIFA 10 on PC as next big thing, bla bla bla, 360 movement and whatnot.

When the demo and game finally came out, he was eaten alive and resigned same year. Next year we did get FIFA NG alright. Guess EA couldn't prolong that for too long (selling PS2 crap to PC users).

They lie a lot. The press lies a lot too.

Actually the 360 dribbling feature in Fifa 10 PC was a pretty nice thing. What is odd to me is Fifa 2002-Fifa 2005 had 360 degree movement. But then Fifa 06 only had 8 direction movement! This is one of the reasons I love those old games so much, because they actually had 360 degree movement before the took it away. Fifa 10 PC was the last PS2-era PC fifa game and I played that game a lot. out of the box it was a mess, but with the right mods you can really make Fifa 10 PC into a hell of a game. And it is very deep and has much lower system requirements then Fifa 11-13 on PC.

I actually prefer the old PS2 engine. It was truly great, but there's plenty of bugs in those games. heck they still release Fifa for PS2 - Fifa 13 came out for PS2. The problem is they really never released a complete fifa PC game with the PS2 engine. Fifa 10 PC came close with mods, but still there were some things like the cpu buildup and being able to steal the ball too easily that hurt the game. I tried to mod that stuff out in ai.ini but it can get frustrating.

The 360 degree movement in Fifa 10 PC really was a big thing, but it was something that was missing from Fifa 06-09 and that makes no sense to me. Fifa 10 PC had 360 degree movement, but they didn't really do a great job on the movement of the players. You literally had to edit ai.ini yourself and try to fix it.

This to me is what is unacceptable because I have no problem playing the older games and updating rosters, even in 2013, or maybe even buying updates to the PS2 engine like Fifa 13 PS2. but the question I have is do people really think Fifa 11-13 on PC is really that much better then Fifa 2002-2005 or Fifa 10 PC? I personally have been playing a lot of Fifa 2002-2005 since it had 360 degree control and trying to fix other problems with those games through modding.

Why was anyone playing FIFA during 2002 to 2005, when there was such a great alternative.

Why was anyone playing FIFA during 2002 to 2005, when there was such a great alternative.

I wasn't playing Fifa during 2002 to 2005. I wasn't playing PES / WE much either, but yeah that was the more advanced game when it came to intuitive controls and slick graphics. That's what I'm doing now. In 2013 I'm finally playing the fifas i never played when I was to busy to play them between 2002-2005. And going back to those old fifas, I find it amazing that there was 360 degree movement.

do you think that maybe PES / WE success during that time might have been one of the reasons why Fifa 06 had only 8 directional dribbling? (to be more like PES?) after having 360 degree dribbling all the way up to fifa 2005?

And by the way, the 360 degree dribbling in fifas 2002-2005 are more free feeling then the 360 degree dribbling in Fifa 10 PC. it was almost as if they were trying to force 360 degree dribbling into Fifa 10 PC in an 8 directional world? and i think that had to do with why FIFA 10 PC's tackling was so messed up. (too easy to closedown and steal) because PES / WE was the first soccer game to have those defensive pressure buttons. The old fifas didn't have that closedown button. but then fifa put in those defensive pressure / closedown / conservative tackle buttons when they switched from 360 degree dribbling to 8 directional dribbling, to be more like PES / WE. it's quite fascinating when you go back to those old fifa games.

If the Team management menus haven't been touched in the PS4/Xbox1 games I will fly to Canada and put laxatives in everyone's coffee

If the Team management menus haven't been touched in the PS4/Xbox1 games I will fly to Canada and put laxatives in everyone's coffee

Well based on the few screenshots released so far, like the one linked to below, it's pretty much a guarantee that the menus have changed (for all FIFA 14 editions I think).

The question is whether they've been changed to provide improved tactical depth, options, ease of access, etc. It'd be pretty stupid for them to not take this chance while they're updating the looks to also improve their functionality, but you never know...

http://www.ea.com/uk/fifa-14/images/fifa-14-career-mode-screen-1

@cando38

So, were you playing FIFA 02-05 or not ?

I personally have been playing a lot of Fifa 2002-2005 since it had 360 degree control and trying to fix other problems with those games through modding.

I wasn't playing Fifa during 2002 to 2005. I wasn't playing PES / WE much either,

Last edited:

Well based on the few screenshots released so far, like the one linked to below, it's pretty much a guarantee that the menus have changed (for all FIFA 14 editions I think).

The question is whether they've been changed to provide improved tactical depth, options, ease of access, etc. It'd be pretty stupid for them to not take this chance while they're updating the looks to also improve their functionality, but you never know...

http://www.ea.com/uk/fifa-14/images/fifa-14-career-mode-screen-1

From gameplay videos shown sofar, team management menu looks the same as 13 (but those video were not next gen, right?)
On the other hand, I have just noticed on pic you posted arrows besides player names; I wonder did they take that from pes (player form)?
Also, Bale as Striker...

From gameplay videos shown sofar, team management menu looks the same as 13 (but those video were not next gen, right?)
On the other hand, I have just noticed on pic you posted arrows besides player names; I wonder did they take that from pes (player form)?
Also, Bale as Striker...

Worse than that is Dembelé as a winger

Also, Bale as Striker...

What gameplay videos of FiFA 14 have shown team management menus? That CM screen I posted is for both next and current gen FIFA 14.

And player form has already been in CM.

One of the shakeycam FIFA clips (current-gen) shows the team management screen at the very, very end. It's quite a tease really. Nice new menus, and then, bam, crappy team management.

YouTube - FIFA 14 GAMEPLAY - ¡¡Exclusivo!! (PS3, Xbox 360) - E3 2013 - FC Barcelona vs Atlético de Madrid

Really only get a split second to see it, but it's not changed I don't think. Quite intrigued to the paused menu before though. Sort of metro thing going on, and the 'Squad' window seems to have a right-stick flick between 5 other things.

Unlike the previous menu changes, this seems a lot more fundamental. I can't really believe that team management hasn't changed. Unless it has, but they're keeping it hush hush. Please, please let that be the case.

Last edited:

One of the shakeycam FIFA clips (current-gen) shows the team management screen at the very, very end. It's quite a tease really. Nice new menus, and then, bam, crappy team management.

YouTube - FIFA 14 GAMEPLAY - ¡¡Exclusivo!! (PS3, Xbox 360) - E3 2013 - FC Barcelona vs Atlético de Madrid

Really only get a split second to see it, but it's not changed I don't think. Quite intrigued to the paused menu before though. Sort of metro thing going on, and the 'Squad' window seems to have a right-stick flick between 5 other things.

Unlike the previous menu changes, this seems a lot more fundamental. I can't really believe that team management hasn't changed. Unless it has, but they're keeping it hush hush. Please, please let that be the case.

Dammit!!! God I'll be pissed if they've changed the front-end menus without touching the important stuff in Team Management.

It'll be so jarring too - going from those nice bright, new menus to the old, dark ones. Like you, I can't believe they'd do that. They better not.

Dammit!!! God I'll be pissed if they've changed the front-end menus without touching the important stuff in Team Management.

It'll be so jarring too - going from those nice bright, new menus to the old, dark ones. Like you, I can't believe they'd do that. They better not.

Can't help but feel pessimistic though. Why would they hold this back? They've still got to announce everything about every game mode in FIFA from now 'til release.

I have a slight feeling they might leave it team management untouched in the current gen and call it a new feature for the next gen versions.

Can't help but feel pessimistic though. Why would they hold this back? They've still got to announce everything about every game mode in FIFA from now 'til release.

Yep, not feeling too good about the prospects for a new Team Management system. The new front-end menus had me fooled. Bummer.

I'd love to see career mode incorporate the nationality and formation things from ultimate team, so a new player in a different formation than his preferred, surrounded by foreigners would be harder to hit the ground running.

I'd love to see career mode incorporate the nationality and formation things from ultimate team, so a new player in a different formation than his preferred, surrounded by foreigners would be harder to hit the ground running.

Having to ease players into the squad gradually etc would be great, I also hope they remove the restrictions of15 years, of course its unlikely anyone will actually play 15 years, in the situation they do it would be annoying to get to 15years and just be shut down.

A fun fact for you lot then. Microsoft Xbox One @E3. There was quite a ruckus about one photo...

IMG

IMG

I will leave it to your imagination...

I will just say, Xbox One games can be played on PC (though it's Microsoft who MADE the emulation possible - so I doubt such thing will ever come to end users :P).

Most of the games demod/shown at E3 were played from PCs with their respective console control. Development is usually done on dev kits that are essentially PCs, or on high end PCs, thus the reason for all the "bullshots" you see, where the game looks too good to be true, too polished, visually.

North American cover. Launches 24 Sep:))

FIFA-14-Cover-Messi-Hernandez-640x903.jpg

He has a cheeky grin cos he just stuck his fist up Messi's butt as he's running behind him, well that's what Messi's face looks like...

Messi's face looks like a young mad Al Pacino.

Unrealistic.

Back
Top Bottom