GK Ability - 40/40
Marking - 75/50
Run Freq - 40/30
Line Height - 30/25
Line Length - 35/30
Line Width - 30/30
Fullback pos - 55/65
Power Bar - 65

Not sure this is ok though. Any suggestions?

It depends on:
- what your controller settings are
- what kind of difficulty you're playing on
- your preference for an arcade or simulation game

I already did that Placebo. Went through a lot but can't put a finger on which is the most realistic choice.

What do you think?

The problem is it's quite subjective as to what you're looking for from the sliders, unfortunately they can only do so much, what I generally use them for is as a secondary skill adjuster, eg Professional is slightly too easy for me but world class is too frustrating so I adjust the sliders in a way that makes the game competitive on Professional with all manual controls, these were the last ones I posted: http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=2400466&postcount=418 then I had a season where I was a bit too good so raised pass/shooting error to around 50 each (still on manual of course) which is what I'm currently using, although for some reason my defending this season is getting even worse, I think it's possibly rated to how badly my players are in terms of form though rather than the slider settings :)

It depends on:
- what your controller settings are
- what kind of difficulty you're playing on
- your preference for an arcade or simulation game

- Passing Semi, Shooting Assisted (Feels manual because of 75% shooting error).
- I play on Pro and slow for 10 minutes (played 2 games, 0-0 and 0-2).
- Sim.

I've changed pass error from 65 to 60.

The problem is it's quite subjective as to what you're looking for from the sliders, unfortunately they can only do so much, what I generally use them for is as a secondary skill adjuster, eg Professional is slightly too easy for me but world class is too frustrating so I adjust the sliders in a way that makes the game competitive on Professional with all manual controls, these were the last ones I posted: http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=2400466&postcount=418 then I had a season where I was a bit too good so raised pass/shooting error to around 50 each (still on manual of course) which is what I'm currently using, although for some reason my defending this season is getting even worse, I think it's possibly rated to how badly my players are in terms of form though rather than the slider settings :)

All manual.. I'm yet to reach that class. Not even close lol. Even though I've got shooting on assisted with 75% error it feels manual kind of. I haven't managed to score a single goal yet.

Thanks for the slider tips. I'll see what I can come up with.

Have you tried manual shooting shot error at 27? Can't see the point of assisted with error at 75.

The animations might be a bit different with your settings on Slow but Speed and Acceleration set fairly high. Why not use Normal Speed and drop the Speed and Acceleration settings down to say 46 for Speed and 50 for Acceleration.

Too many combos to consider. Damn.

I choose assisted because I want stats to play a part. I'll try your suggestion to see how it works. Thanks.

IMO stats play a bigger part when you use manual controls, certainly that's been my experience but it may be falsely based on the fact that I switched from semi/manual to all manual later in my current CM when I had players with more obvious qualities that would show greater significance, for example in my Wednesday team now I have players with high crossing so I see far better crosses from them, or I have midfielders with high passing (one even with the playmaker specialty) so I know that despite being on manual if I make a pass (timed/placed correctly) their ability will shine through and they will pass the ball so it goes in front of the player running onto it or they will curve it around an opposing player if need be, etc. etc. :)

Thanks for the tips Placebo. I'll surely try manual in a bit like you and lancers suggested. You've got errors on manual though. Hardcore!

That's true, last night I got I to a situation in one game where Gareth Barry had to put in a through pass, using manual, and I had to be so precise that it went slightly off and didn't quite find the attacker (I think I over hit the ball by a fraction and he couldn't get onto it).

Then, in the next match, I was in a more difficult situation with Iniesta, one that required a much more difficult through pass. This time I managed to get him to find my attacker with a perfectly weighted through pass that had spin and curled into my striker's path, ready for him to run onto and take it in his stride.

So yeah I guess even with manual there is a difference. Short, easy passes on manual generally feel the same, but the tougher stuff, well, better players still seem to be able to do them better.

What I personally need right now is a semi-assisted tackling option as I'm doing really badly, conceding loads and also giving away lots of penalties, the annoying thing is I know what I'm doing wrong and most of the time I defend really well, marking space, covering the players all that stuff, but once they get into the box they're like bloody wriggling worms twisting and turning to get the shot away or throw themselves over my defender's leg!

I strongly suggest you to use Placebo's sliders Lami. ;)

And don't forget to put hanballs ON, makes a huge difference because it's very well implemented.

Oh I always have that off.

*Off to turn it on*

Let's see what happens... I hope I don't go nuts over a stupid pk at the wrong time :(

Oh I always have that off.

*Off to turn it on*

Let's see what happens... I hope I don't go nuts over a stupid pk at the wrong time :(

It happens but that's realistic. Just now I had a penalty awarded to me in the '90th minute with the score 1-1. The CPU dive tackled in front of my striker who was ready for a tap in. The ball hit the CPU on the arm (would've been a goal otherwise). Great stuff!

If you want more tighter games with midfield battles just do these changes and leave the rest like Placebo's.

Line Length 38/38
Line Width 33/33

;)

I seem to have found a good balance with my sliders listed on the previous page, which are marginally tweaked to;

Sprint speed 48
Acceleration 48
Pass Error 58
Injury frequency 95
Injury severity 50
Marking 58
Run frequency 69
Line Height 53
Line Length 45
Line Width 45

with everything else set to 50. The games have played out beautifully, but with one bizarre exception: I tried a friendly as Barcelona v Real Madrid and both teams basically didn't have a defence. It was really odd, because it's never played that way before. Defences were so exposed in the first half that both teams were counter attacking in two passes. It tightened up in the second half, and I got absolutley trounced by the CPU 1-5. I rarely play against teams this good normally, Ronaldo was impossible to defend against. I tried some other games afterwards with different teams and while somehow the game felt faster than normal, which doesn't make any sense at all, they were at least back to being more midfield-dominated games. That one match was bizarre. Defences were pushing up so high and leaving such massive gaps that there was a through ball coming in almost constantly. That's not how my sliders have worked in absolutely tons of games before, so I don't know why that happened then, or since.

That one match was bizarre. Defences were pushing up so high and leaving such massive gaps that there was a through ball coming in almost constantly. That's not how my sliders have worked in absolutely tons of games before, so I don't know why that happened then, or since.
At a blind guess, perhaps just a combination of their Custom Tactics and player attributes. If they already have high Pressure (therefore a higher defensive line), your extra Line Height might make it a bit too high? Also, if they have naturally attacking fullbacks (like Dani Alves), your high Run Frequency and maybe Fullback Positioning(?) might open them up further, especially as both teams employ wide attackers. And maybe even the high Vision of those midfielders led to more through balls than usual? Just some guesses.

I think you're right, Barca do traditionally play very high up the field and press, and if they've also done something similar with Real Madrid then that's probably it, though both defences did seem to leave gaping holes in the middle but like you say, it might be to cover the high up attacking wide men. It's a difficult balancing act but I'll leave my sliders as they are, it's the first time I've seen that in a lot of games. My sliders are only marginally set up to compress the play into the middle (line height is only 53 but I do have the line length at 45 which will squeeze up the spaces between everywhere and the midfield which would mean that the defences are higher).

It's been okay so far generally though, on default I found to much space between each defence who sat really deep, and the proportion of 1v1's was almost zero. Now, at least 99% of the time, there is a balanced proportion of times you can break the offside trap. It is a fine balancing act to get it right though!

If you want more tighter games with midfield battles just do these changes and leave the rest like Placebo's.

Line Length 38/38
Line Width 33/33

;)

Thanks Scorpio. I think my midfield battles are tight as is, but I'll try these :)

Have to praise you two on these - excellent stuff. Though playing on professional, the CPU don't take their chances very well. Should I put their shot error down to default? Here's my results in a career mode with Newcastle so far using these settings:

Lost 2-1 (H) Arsenal
Won 2-0 (A) Sunderland
Won 4-1 (H) Fulham

You might want to turn handballs on except for penalties. Sadly with handballs full on I was seeing a penalty per game.

I have it on exept for penalties, however that's something that I'd carried over from FIFA11 where I did see a penalty nearly every game. I presume then that it's no better in 12? Other outfield handballs are nicely improved over 11 this year, there's a nice number of them and fairly even towards both teams. It would be cool to switch it on if it's improved, but losing a cup final or a title decider in CM off the basis of a randomly generated handball decision might be a bit too much to bear!

Hi guys, i'm going to be a new fifa 12 owner to one hour from now. I've just bought my copy and the seller will deliver it in an hour.

I've been really depressed with football games this year after buying pes 2012, i got really disppointed how the game plays in its final version. I decided to not buy any football game since then, but i've been reading some positive opinions regarding Fifa 12 and the sliders are what give me huge hopes to make the game really enjoyable with some sense of realism. I don't expect Fifa 12 to be everything i ever dreamed about on a football game, the sliders don't make miracles, but i'm sure they can make a huge difference. Having the freedom to adjust the game like you want is fantastics!

So what im really excited about is not the game itself, but the possibility of joining this community and sharing our experiences from the sliders to get the best out of the game.

Sorry for my english. Thanks for your attention.

Hi guys, i'm going to be a new fifa 12 owner to one hour from now. I've just bought my copy and the seller will deliver it in an hour.

I've been really depressed with football games this year after buying pes 2012, i got really disppointed how the game plays in its final version. I decided to not buy any football game since then, but i've been reading some positive opinions regarding Fifa 12 and the sliders are what give me huge hopes to make the game really enjoyable with some sense of realism. I don't expect Fifa 12 to be everything i ever dreamed about on a football game, the sliders don't make miracles, but i'm sure they can make a huge difference. Having the freedom to adjust the game like you want is fantastics!

So what im really excited about is not the game itself, but the possibility of joining this community and sharing our experiences from the sliders to get the best out of the game.

Sorry for my english. Thanks for your attention.

nice but remember that not everyones sliders will suit your tastes.

I recommend a few days reading up on each slider and what it does, adujsting each sldier, seeing its effect on the game and judging what you enjoy.

Like I think the game is slow and a bit sluggish I like to make it faster and some would say more arcade.

Others liek to make the game even slower and think this makes it more realistic.

Back
Top Bottom