FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

DOesn't seem like it to me. Looks like the same number of people on the sidelines as last year's game.

Anyway, good looking screenshots as always.

Still no gameplay videos or much news (apart from the flashy hype videos), near around 6 weeks till release and there hasnt really been alot too show...

I remember last year we said the same thing and then EA banned filming at Gamescom. Then afterwards said it was a mistake. WHEN IT WAS TOO LATE. :LOL:

I don't really care about that. I'm happy with Fifa 08's graphics. I'd rather they put more effort on areas that need improvement.

Actually my boss at work loves FIFA but complains there's no atmosphere in the stadium. It's like every stadium looks the same and aside from Old Trafford, you never get the feeling of where you are playing.

Not sure why people are comparing screenshots anyway. The lighting on PES is so natural that I sometimes think I'm watching a real game. I can never say I've felt that way playing FIFA.

I enjoy both games but saturation and sharpness don't make for "better graphics" necessarily.

In close-ups like those screenshots, FIFA may look good, but as CC says, PES looks better from the wide (playing view) camera.

On FIFA, if you have two players with the same skin and hair colour, I find it can be difficult to distinguish between them... A problem I don't have with PES, I also prefer its lighting and player models.

As I've said before though, graphics aren't important at all, gameplay is the heart of the game.

The *only* thing that's lacking in console versions of FIFA are copious amounts of antialiasing and a higher resolution. Everything else (self-shadows, grass, depth of field, etc) is intact, as it has always been. We know the gameplay itself will run at 720p and a solid 60fps, that's all that matters.

i agree that pes looks better from wide angle camera. at least that was the case in 2011 and previous versions of pes and fifa.

let's see what we get this autumn.

Do you think you will get the same quality/detailed graphics as in the screenshot for your consoles ?

Finally someone with at least a tiny bit of sense. If they're not renders, they're high powered PC shots. I'll pull down my pants and run around Leicester Square if the console versions look like this. I remember screenshots of Rooney before FIFA10 that looked almost exactly like this, everyone went "looking great this year" and the game on consoles looked NOTHING like it. I sound like a broken record but they're NOT SCREENSHOTS OF CONSOLE VERSIONS. I don't even think they're screenshots of any version. The detail in the backgrounds are missing in the finished game every year for a start, and somehow the finished game ends up making everyone look like a troll.

Regardless, everyone seems eager to praise EA for making the game look amazing when they're not even fookin' screenshots. Really really bizarre.

Crowd looks really awesome on this pic :SHOCK:
6035727376_56832965b3_b.jpg

No atmosphere though. Why would hundreds of fans be holding up scarves with that sort of goal-scoring opportunity? I wish we had real-time crowds

I'm pretty sure it's the opposite, FIFA LOD is far better in wide cam, and PES wins upclose. Has been like this for the past 2/3 years :CONFUSE:
Hmm, that may be true technically, kind of strange then how PES players are visibly more distinguishable from a zoomed out view, can't put my finger on exactly why though.

another amazing SS cesc ;)

huge improvment in every aspect over fifa 11. thank God they finally did some job on crowd and atmosphere, which was one of the worst things in fifa 11.

Goodness. Just seen the new PES faces. Konami has definitely caught up in that regard. Gamescom is huge for EA this year. So much positive buzz behind PES at the moment I can see many fleeing the money-pit that is FIFA and swimming back across to PES.

Personally I think neither game has impressive visuals compared to other current games, even other sports games. FIFA still reminds of a cartoon while PES still reminds of last-gen.

But both are sufficient and I'll just wait for next gen to be impressed again.

Back
Top Bottom