FIFA 11 Career Mode Thread PS3/360

Oh wait, it's worse. Just loaded up that pre-City save to find that I now have an unnamed goalkeeper in my starting eleven with the OVR -956554. Tried loading the other backup save, same problem. Tried resetting Squads, doesn't fix it. So that's that career gone.

How long has this squad corruption bug gone un-fixed for now? 09, 10 and WC all had it.

Embarrassing, really.

Last edited:
Not outside of career mode, no. The only thing I've done since the aforementioned crash was to muck around in Replay Theatre for a short time.

Oh wait, it's worse. Just loaded up that pre-City save to find that I now have an unnamed goalkeeper in my starting eleven with the OVR -956554. Tried loading the other backup save, same problem. Tried resetting Squads, doesn't fix it. So that's that career gone.

How long has this squad corruption bug gone un-fixed for now? 09, 10 and WC all had it.

Embarrassing, really.

This just happened to me as well. I made some edits to my formation yesterday, played a few games, all fine. Today I go to load up the career, and now I've got some unnamed goalkeeper with a rating of -202068 instead of my right back.

It has corrupted all my recent back-up saves as well... I presume because I use the same custom formation in all of them. Luckily, I have a save from the beginning of season 2 that I can reload that is using a different formation.

Still, how many years has this been going on? Since 09 for me, which was my first FIFA game since '97.

Also, I tried to log on to the EA Forums for help, and they are down as well.

I really wish EA would fix the career mode already. For every step forward they make, it's at least 2 back.

So if your save is using a different default formation the corruption is gone? Anyone thought to look into whether it's possible to hex edit your save to use say the default 442?

How long has anyone managed to play MM before it conks out?!

That could be the factual element to go to Watchdog as the game is faulty and won't allow you to continue the mode in the way it was designed and presented to be played.

I'm not joking! :P

Something needs to be done, and a couple of us not buying the game next year isn't going to help. Xbox had to go the same way before they admitted the console was poorly made, so why should FIFA be any different?

This just happened to me as well. I made some edits to my formation yesterday, played a few games, all fine. Today I go to load up the career, and now I've got some unnamed goalkeeper with a rating of -202068 instead of my right back.

It has corrupted all my recent back-up saves as well... I presume because I use the same custom formation in all of them.
Yeah, that's exactly the same as me. Did you edit and save a formation while a match was in progress? I did. I've never really trusted that. In 09 sometimes your changes wouldn't even register on the pitch if you saved over a used slot.

Just wonder if in-match editing is the trigger rather than editing formations in the menus, which I've done plenty of before without a problem. Either that or perhaps saving over a slot that was previously used by a different team, maybe?

Edit: And when you made the change, did it involve your RB? Like changing his role to a RWB or something?

Last edited:
I'm not joking! :P

Something needs to be done, and a couple of us not buying the game next year isn't going to help. Xbox had to go the same way before they admitted the console was poorly made, so why should FIFA be any different?

I agree mate, I'm doing all I can to make EA improve the damn thing, I'm still gutted I could not even get them to sort the damn injuries out if there is no real movement in 12 god knows where we go...:RANT::P

I agree mate, I'm doing all I can to make EA improve the damn thing, I'm still gutted I could not even get them to sort the damn injuries out if there is no real movement in 12 god knows where we go...

...Watchdog!

I just posted it! Pay attention! :D

Yeah, that's exactly the same as me. Did you edit and save a formation while a match was in progress? I did. I've never really trusted that. In 09 sometimes your changes wouldn't even register on the pitch if you saved over a used slot.

Just wonder if in-match editing is the trigger rather than editing formations in the menus, which I've done plenty of before without a problem. Either that or perhaps saving over a slot that was previously used by a different team, maybe?

Edit: And when you made the change, did it involve your RB? Like changing his role to a RWB or something?

I typically make most of my changes mid-match, including changing players roles (although that doesn't happen as often). In this case, I made some slight adjustments including dropping my RWB back to a RB to mark the opp. winger. I did get a "you can't put that player in that position error" when I tried to make my right winger go a little too wide, but I'm not sure what effect that has on my RB. And I readjusted my RW back to an allowed position, of course.

I do think I have found a work-around, one that allows you to make as many adjustments mid-match as you want... at least so far.

It's easy to do, basically, just leave the default formation as your team's formation in the career mode "team management" section. However, in the pre-match screen, you can switch to whatever custom formation you want and make as many edits during the game as you please. I've experimented with this for a bit, and so far I've had no problems. I've changed player positions mid match, moved players to "illegal areas" and back, and even swapped places (usually a big no-no)... and so far, no problems in career mode.

Since with this method the career mode defaults back to the default formation after each match, I don't think it carries over any custom formation issues... hopefully eliminating any UNDEFINED player bugs.

The downsides of this formation is that you have to manually change to your custom formation each match, but this really doesn't add more than a few seconds, and since I typically make a few edits based on my opp. formation anyway, this isn't a big deal for me at all. However, it also means that you can't sim any games using anything other than the default formation, which again, for me, isn't a big deal as I don't sim games very often, and if I do, I don't really care what formation the team uses, just the result.

Anyways, I'll report back if any problems come up. Otherwise, this might be a way to safely play career mode without the UNDEFINED player bug ruining things.

Good luck, Nerf.

I got FiFa 2011 for PS2 for Christmas from my bestfriend and it is an amazing game. I'm new here, my name is SLB23 and I love SL Benfica and Football (Soccer). Cheers.

P.S. Can someone help me setup my avatar, please. Sorry.

Viva O SL Benfica!!

http://portugueseandslbnews.multiply.com/
You pick User CP from the blue banner, then Edit Avatar, then select custom Avatar and then put in the URL link from the site the image is on.
Best thing to do is to open an account at somewhere like http://photobucket.com/ These are free and you can keep adding as many images as you like and they never get dropped...

I typically make most of my changes mid-match, including changing players roles (although that doesn't happen as often). In this case, I made some slight adjustments including dropping my RWB back to a RB to mark the opp. winger. I did get a "you can't put that player in that position error" when I tried to make my right winger go a little too wide, but I'm not sure what effect that has on my RB. And I readjusted my RW back to an allowed position, of course.

I do think I have found a work-around, one that allows you to make as many adjustments mid-match as you want... at least so far.

It's easy to do, basically, just leave the default formation as your team's formation in the career mode "team management" section. However, in the pre-match screen, you can switch to whatever custom formation you want and make as many edits during the game as you please. I've experimented with this for a bit, and so far I've had no problems. I've changed player positions mid match, moved players to "illegal areas" and back, and even swapped places (usually a big no-no)... and so far, no problems in career mode.

Since with this method the career mode defaults back to the default formation after each match, I don't think it carries over any custom formation issues... hopefully eliminating any UNDEFINED player bugs.

The downsides of this formation is that you have to manually change to your custom formation each match, but this really doesn't add more than a few seconds, and since I typically make a few edits based on my opp. formation anyway, this isn't a big deal for me at all. However, it also means that you can't sim any games using anything other than the default formation, which again, for me, isn't a big deal as I don't sim games very often, and if I do, I don't really care what formation the team uses, just the result.

Anyways, I'll report back if any problems come up. Otherwise, this might be a way to safely play career mode without the UNDEFINED player bug ruining things.

Good luck, Nerf.

Quick update. I've noticed that on occasion if you make changes in the pre-match formation screen (not inside the match) and save your formation to a new formation slot, then it changes your formation from the default formation to the new saved one in the squad management section of your career mode.

In short, in the pre-match screen it seems you can change to whatever formation you want, BUT if you are want to make edits to your formation then do that inside the match engine. This is all to avoid the UNDEFINED player bug.

Seems stable so far. I currently have my team assigned to the default 4-1-4-1 formation (not the club's default, just one of the pre-existing NON-custom formations) and I switch to my custom formation (my own variation of a 4-1-4-1) in the pre-kick-off menus. No corruption here so far, touch wood.

I started a new CM as Villa again... and was sacked again. Tough demands from the board. I was then offered the West Ham job and took that, but it all went a bit Avram Grant. I just couldn't find a winning combination at Upton Park and was shown the door again. Not the greatest start to a managerial career.

I bounced to my third club and took over at West Bromwich Albion, who were freshly relegated before I'd even started and so I found myself in the Championship. Another dodgy start ensued, but this time after a couple of months everything started clicking. On the back of this fluid 4-1-4-1 we went on a belated charge up the table, culminating in missing out on the last playoff spot by mere goal-difference. So close! I was held 0-0 at Ipswich on the final day, when a win would have clinched a playoff berth.

Anway, the interesting part is the jobs that I was then offered at the end of the season. Blackpool won the aforementioned playoffs and were promoted to the Premier League, but offered me the job. I also had offers on the table from Tenerife (newly promoted to La Liga), Atalanta (Serie A), Kaiserslautern (newly promoted to the Bundesliga) and Hanover (2.Bundesliga). Quite a varied group.

I toyed briefly with the idea of keeping Tenerife in the Spanish top flight, but decided I'd stick with WBA for a second season. I fancy a better run at promotion this time.

Finished my second season at Charlton last night - I've managed a double promotion (not very realistic then!), but I'm not too hopeful on survival due to the lack of budget. Seriously, £100,000 for winning playoffs to get into the Premier League? I got more than that for winning League One... When I tried Real Madrid when FIFA 11 was released & won the Spanish league I received £88MILLION!

Starting to get irratated with the loan system as well now. I brought in 2 players on season long loans who proved to be quality finds, so tried to sign them permanently. However their parent club won't do any business as they think said player has only just joined their club.
In real life a lot of loans turn into permanent deals, so maybe that could be added to the wish list for the next incarnation? That or change the coding so that loans aren't seen as transfers.
Being a small club without a huge budget & wages (£3.5M & £10k) it's frustrating to find a couple of gems, only to have to look elsewhere...

earom and EAUK_FIFA keep hinting on Twitter that there is work in hand to fix the numerous remaining bugs but they've been saying that for weeks with no signs of anything happening, sounds like bullshit just to try to make sure everyone keeps quiet so they can make maximum sales over Christmas and New Year.

not sure what you mean? I had to dowload the updates again and lost all my saved files. This was quite some time ago. By squad bug I mean the formation problem nerf and eatonTJ are talking about.

Back
Top Bottom