FIFA 10

you are right mate the 360 isn't very good..I think this game takes all the players stats into account for accuracy etc..I'm actually enjoying it although it does have some real frustrating bits in but apparently it might be my tactics and to be honest my first few games I approached it like FIFA.

I actually like FIFA 10 but it just come to samey and I play on full manual world class..My last 2 games where against Spain and then New Zealand and I just couldn't tell the difference. Spain were awesome as you would expect and then against NZ they were super fast pressing me all over the pitch with ridiculous interceptions..And I have noticed that the AI seems to score loads in the last minute of each half..maybe it's just me..If pro evo could sort out the keepers and improve there animations it would be very good again like the days of old.

I had a couple of games on PES 2010 for the first time yesterday, just to check it out. Overall impression was 'not too bad'. It plays a more tactical game than FIFA 10 (not suprising), the player likenesses are 100x better, and it has more atmosphere infused into it (hearing the Champions League anthem instantly makes anything better, it's the law).

On the other hand: the standard of animation is just horrible, the sound of the ball being kicked is 100x too loud, it doesn't feel anywhere near as fluid in possession, and... most importantly of all... it remains assisted controls only, right? Or at least I couldn't see any manual settings. There is such a difference in satisfaction between hitting the net with a manual shot compared to an assisted shot, that it's now a gamebreaker for me to start with.

I think I'll be getting my football fix from FIFA 09 between now and next October.

Had a chance to try out PES2010 too...last weekend at a hangout, set a 2v2 local tourney and we all played for nearly 10 hours til 5am. Despite the horrendous animations and all-too-rigid gameplay, the game is still as fun as I remember it to be, though at times I was surprised with the responsiveness, or the lack of it.

Needless to say, I'd imagine even the most fresh of PES-to-FIFA converts would still admit that FIFA10, at its very basic, offers a more advanced simulation of football, taking into consideration of how players move on the pitch. I'm lucky I have two friends to play MM every weekend with because that does help to mitigate the problems that exist with the game (well if a stupid bug pops up we'd all rant and laugh it off together heh)

Have they actually said they arent gonna fix it or are we just assuming they wont because they're announcing the Ultimate Team mode?

They announced it straight after the first patch Rune, Something about not being able to get patches bigger than 30MB for the 360.

:D

...Yup.

Sorry, easily amused!

Wanted to ask, was that a typo from you guys saying you will be playing FIFA 09? Did you mean FIFA 10?

Asking because I too have found happiness in EA's previous effort. Its not just the limited but bug free manager mode, I find the game to play better. Also prefer the heavier weight of the ball too.

Going back also you realise how amazing it looks compared to FIFA 10 in wide cam. That includes better player models. Just wish we could edit the kits, can't play as Bayern without feeling gutted about the old kit.

Overall, in terms of Human v CPU, 09 is the better game for me, too. Far less frustration, better defensive AI, fewer MM bugs, no constant rain, less crazy goalkeeping...

If I was playing BAP I'd probably play 10. I don't play online, so can't comment on that.

I'm finding I hardly ever play FIFA now, PES has taken over when I want to play a football game. PES definately has some annoying flaws but it doesn't annoy me as much as FIFA does.

I'm finding I hardly ever play FIFA now, PES has taken over when I want to play a football game. PES definately has some annoying flaws but it doesn't annoy me as much as FIFA does.

I agree, but when you pop in FIFA 09 you realise just how special that version was.

EA hit the spot with FIFA 09, I think that title will be remembered just as much as the PES fans think about the older versions.

Unless EA nail it next year, that is.

I can't understand how anyone can think that either PES or 09 is a better game than 10. Sure it does have it flaws but to me, it's my miles better than any other football game out there. (talking gameplay here)

I can't understand how anyone can think that either PES or 09 is a better game than 10. Sure it does have it flaws but to me, it's my miles better than any other football game out there. (talking gameplay here)

Essentially the crux of it is that gameplay is exactly what we think FIFA 10 is so bad at. Your best bet is to the read Chris' thread about what we want to be improved to get the idea.

IMO this is a down year for football games, PES2010 is not for me, while I do like Fifa 10 it is missing something and I have not invested as much time in to it as I did with Fifa 08/09

There is no better game for online than Fifa10.

I think FEW peoples here crying and crying coz they use illegal copys and must play MM and other single player modes instead online what destroys online in pes games nowdays.

I have to decide very soon whether I should buy myself a PS3 for Christmas (still struggling along with a PS2, and have only played next-gen at mates' houses).

I was all set to take the plunge after reading (here) about the anticipation of FIFA 10, and then the early reports. But it seems that in the time since it was released, it's gone from being the most sophisticated football sim in history to a piece of complete junk, or something close to that. I've never seen opinions on a game change so completely in the space of a few months.

Right now I'm playing Winning Eleven 10, with an updated Spanish league, and having a brilliant time to be honest. I've played PES 2010 and it just strikes me as a sped-up (but weirdly sluggish) version of WE10 - a lot of the same animations and everything! - and I've only ever played FIFA 10 1v1, so I have no idea of just how good/bad it really is in one player mode. But apart from some obvious limitations, WE10 seems fine to me. I can speed up or slow down the play, it's got tactical depth, nice variety of goals, very natural dribbling, good balance in the AI... sure, it creaks a bit in places (would be nice if the CPU attacked with a bit more imagination, and it's far too easy to score from corners) but I've really got back into it in quite a big way. And I'm not 100% sure if the next-gen games have really improved on it. In some ways things seem to have gone backwards.

So give me your honest advice here. I know it's my decision, but in YOUR opinion - would I actually be gaining anything by moving to next-gen football games? Or (considering I'm not too bothered by the old-fashioned graphics and I don't care about online), am I better off just sticking with my edited WE10 until next Autumn, and seeing what happens then?

I have to decide very soon whether I should buy myself a PS3 for Christmas (still struggling along with a PS2, and have only played next-gen at mates' houses).

I was all set to take the plunge after reading (here) about the anticipation of FIFA 10, and then the early reports. But it seems that in the time since it was released, it's gone from being the most sophisticated football sim in history to a piece of complete junk, or something close to that. I've never seen opinions on a game change so completely in the space of a few months.

Right now I'm playing Winning Eleven 10, with an updated Spanish league, and having a brilliant time to be honest. I've played PES 2010 and it just strikes me as a sped-up (but weirdly sluggish) version of WE10 - a lot of the same animations and everything! - and I've only ever played FIFA 10 1v1, so I have no idea of just how good/bad it really is in one player mode. But apart from some obvious limitations, WE10 seems fine to me. I can speed up or slow down the play, it's got tactical depth, nice variety of goals, very natural dribbling, good balance in the AI... sure, it creaks a bit in places (would be nice if the CPU attacked with a bit more imagination, and it's far too easy to score from corners) but I've really got back into it in quite a big way. And I'm not 100% sure if the next-gen games have really improved on it. In some ways things seem to have gone backwards.

So give me your honest advice here. I know it's my decision, but in YOUR opinion - would I actually be gaining anything by moving to next-gen football games? Or (considering I'm not too bothered by the old-fashioned graphics and I don't care about online), am I better off just sticking with my edited WE10 until next Autumn, and seeing what happens then?

Fair enough. You can rent both games and see it for yourself. In my honest opinion, if you want true realism and everything else in it, FIFA 10 is the game for you. Do not listen to some biased PES/WE FANBOYS who say otherwise. I'm the biggest fanboy of them all, but FIFA 10 destroys PES 10 in my opinion.

here's my two cents... fifa 10 is the best football game around.. but.. when you play it with manual (or semi-assisted at least) controls and slow game speed. on assisted, it's pure arcade; you wouldn't believe how much the gameplay changes, all mechanics and etc.

it's gonna be a tough time for you to get used to it, honestly. yes, there are flaws and other things, but you cant find a better footy game than fifa 10, imho...

i played iss, we, pes or whatever for 10 years, day and night. but it's dead now, let's face it. fifa is on the right track...

I wouldn't invest in next-gen consoles purely for the football games as they have all been pretty disappointing really.
FIFA has some nice new things like manual passing and 360 movement, but overall, WE9/10 (I prefer 9) are much more realistic games in my opinion.

I guess I'll have to try and persuade a mate to let me try out FIFA 10 in single player, so I can make my own mind up. I doubt I'd get a feel of it in that time though, having to get used to manual controls and all that.

Yeah, I'm too skint to buy a bunch of £40 games, so a PS3 would really be a Blu-Ray player and computer football machine, at least for a while. Which is why I'm stalling. I love the idea of manual controls, 360 degree movement, etc (the one thing that drags down the old PS2 Winning Eleven / PES games is the feeling of being on rails), but I'm not going to splash out if I can't be totally sure the single player experience has more depth than it does on WE10 or WE9.

And to be honest, for all the general praise FIFA 10 has received, some of the specific complaints I've heard sound very ominous indeed, in terms of what I want out of a game. I might just live in the past a bit longer, and see what rolls up next year.

Fair enough. You can rent both games and see it for yourself. In my honest opinion, if you want true realism and everything else in it, FIFA 10 is the game for you. Do not listen to some biased PES/WE FANBOYS who say otherwise. I'm the biggest fanboy of them all, but FIFA 10 destroys PES 10 in my opinion.

I agree, FIFA 10 destroys PES 2010 in match fluidity, tricks and player animations. Shame the rest of the game is either unfinished, buggy or just plain arcadey.

You need to play FIFA 08 and UEFA EURO 2008 and see just how efficient the defending and the general ai was in those games. How EA have gone so far backwards spectacularly in two years only I would say Rutter knows.

Moving to next-gen football games would only be a superficial upgrade, i.e. graphics, animations, fludity (well, in Fifa anyway). If it's good, solid, balanced and rewarding gameplay you are after stick with WE10 and a good patch. Neither PES 2010 nor Fifa 10 bring anything new to the table with regard to core gameplay. Only if you were interested in playing online then it may be worth the upgrade.

You need to play FIFA 08 and UEFA EURO 2008 and see just how efficient the defending and the general ai was in those games. How EA have gone so far backwards spectacularly in two years only I would say Rutter knows.

I too feel that Fifa 08/Euro 2008 were the better games. Fifa 08 was let down by appalling response times but apart from that it was really solid and was the game that turned my away from PES. Euro 2008 improved on this and was a really fun game to play, and I only traded it because of the lack of teams and things to do. Fifa 09 and 10, while good games, haven't quite hit those heights for me.

(...)

Right now I'm playing Winning Eleven 10, with an updated Spanish league, and having a brilliant time to be honest.

If you're still having fun with WE10 then by all means stick with the old-gen (the new systems aren't really worth the price-tag imho, even though FIFA 10 is friggin great) and get J.League Winning Eleven 2009 Club Championship instead (the latest iteration of the PS2's WE franchise, by a long shot the best in the series).

Truth being told, the only games I'd consider buying a next-gen system over are Metal Gear Solid 4, Gran Turismo 5 (which is yet to be released), Pro Yakyuu Spirit 6 and NHL 10.

Last edited:
Im not saying you guys are wrong, but if some one asked me is it worth upgrading to a next gen console toplay footy games I wouldnt hesitate in saying yes.

FIFA 09/10 = best online football experience ever. I spent so many hours playing clubs this year it was getting to be an addiction.

I could never go back to playing a PS2 football game.

Im not saying I am correct, but to the guy thinking about it, get yourself an Xbox 360 with FIFA 10 for under £200 and you wont regret it.

upgrading to next gen is not as expensive as before, especially as you can get most games for £25 if you look hard enough.

Back
Top Bottom