• Keep with one main squad

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • Have a 1st team and reserve teams

Votes: 22 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically like this, as far as I know :TU:

Everyone mate! 50 players are allowed in a club, so we still have space left for some to join up. The way it works is the first 10 people from our squad to sign into the match lobby play that game. We can also play multiple matches at the same time as well so we're all in it together :DD

If we start getting people wanting to join after we've got all 50 players, we'll have to impose some kind of rule. Maybe if you don't turn up for any club matches at least once a week, then you're spot can be taken by someone else?

It's a shame there probably won't be some kind of online Arena mode, with all of the pitch being used for training matches. Team-mates joining in when they appear online, with the manager watching over as groups of folk carry out training exercises.

Everyone mate! 50 players are allowed in a club, so we still have space left for some to join up. The way it works is the first 10 people from our squad to sign into the match lobby play that game. We can also play multiple matches at the same time as well so we're all in it together :DD

If we start getting people wanting to join after we've got all 50 players, we'll have to impose some kind of rule. Maybe if you don't turn up for any club matches at least once a week, then you're spot can be taken by someone else?

Sounds good. :SMOKIN:

Oh and btw, I think we should impose a rotation on positions played. I don't mind playing in defence if I have to, but it would be nice for everyone to have a go. Hope everyone have headsets too...

Dags would you mind sticking people's PSN IDs on the first post so it's easier to identify who we need to add?

Sounds good. :SMOKIN:

Oh and btw, I think we should impose a rotation on positions played. I don't mind playing in defence if I have to, but it would be nice for everyone to have a go. Hope everyone have headsets too...

Dags would you mind sticking people's PSN IDs on the first post so it's easier to identify who we need to add?

Already done mate, PSN ID's were added ages ago ;))

Been wondering about our list - I sent out friend requests to 99% of the people on our list (i had some already) and have heard nothing back from 60% of them - so either 1 they don't want to add me or 2 they've not been online to see their messages.

you list of 50 aint gonna work

if your only allowed to be in 1 squad that means you have 40 players who are missing out on playing this mode

Erm, you don't really understand it yet then Coopz? Your squad of 50 means any 10 people from that club can play games and represent that club at any time ;))

You also only have one CB and no manager ;)). I'm not sure if the manager is a player/manager though.

You also only have one CB and no manager ;)). I'm not sure if the manager is a player/manager though.

:LOL: What's with the 360 people coming in to hate? ;))

The manager is a player manager and we have quite a few people willing to play ANY position as well ;))

I noticed that Coopz only noticed the basics of how Club works AGES after everyone else, so I guess he still hasn't read this bit either:

EA SPORTS today revealed a new online mode called FIFA 09 Clubs, designed for PLAYSTATION 3 and XBOX 360, that enables gamers to form or join user-controlled ‘clubs’ anywhere in the world. Through FIFA 09 Clubs, gamers can form or join clubs of up to 50 friends and field their strongest team when competing in Be A Pro: 10 v 10 Online Team Play, a feature that enables 20 people on 20 different consoles anywhere in the world to connect online to play a single match of FIFA Soccer 09.

FIFA 09 Clubs will determine the best virtual team in the world. Clubs are ranked based on total points and placed in a division. Clubs are relegated and promoted to different divisions based on their performance during the season. In addition, FIFA 09 Clubs will enable Club Managers to scout rival players to identify a player that fits his or her squad, and then recruit them to join their club. Up to 10 players on a Club can participate in a single game and Clubs are able to play multiple games simultaneously if they wish.

;))

Last edited by a moderator:
lol :-pp

I think with so many players in this team, actually choosing to be a CB would be a good tactic as you would have more chance of getiing in the team.

lol :-pp

I think with so many players in this team, actually choosing to be a CB would be a good tactic as you would have more chance of getiing in the team.

In reality, how many of the 50 will be on at the same time? During the first week or so, probably lots. After that it'll dwindle down and we'll maybe have 20 on at the same time? So we'll be able to play two matches of Club consecutively while also allowing for others to join in and start their own match for us as well.

You're right about the position though, if people are happy playing CB then it'll be a lot easier for them to join a match rather than all 10 people arguing that they want to be the main striker.

:LOL: What's with the 360 people coming in to hate? ;))

The manager is a player manager and we have quite a few people willing to play ANY position as well ;))

I noticed that Coopz only noticed the basics of how Club works AGES after everyone else, so I guess he still hasn't read this bit either:

;))

How will a league tables and stuff work if you play simultaneously?

Sound's a bad idea really because they could be losing all the time and messing up your records :))

i would stick to about 15 players in a squad to make it even more realistic

Erm, you don't really understand it yet then Coopz? Your squad of 50 means any 10 people from that club can play games and represent that club at any time ;))

And yes i know how it works im just saying you will have a first team and the other 35 or so wont get a look in

But your obviously not taking the mode as seriously as me because were making a team to rule the world :LOL:

Not really, whoever signs into the lobby from our club plays, there is no "best" team. Yes it would be nice to do well, obviously, but I don't want to start excluding people from playing and making people feel second-best in the club.

Only because if the best team played, I wouldn't get in ;))

Thats why i like the idea of this so much

Its as close to playing real football as it gets so if you get a regular team of 10 it will be outstanding to play in it

With 50 couldn't we split into 2 groups of 25 and then have 2 ps3 teams - then we could have 1 group of 25 vs the other group for our own 10 vs 10 games.

I think there's going to be some very serious clubs with only 18-20 amazing players, and there's going to be a lot more relaxed ones with plenty of lads who just want a game.

The last thing I want to do is miss a shot and have nine voices screaming down the headset, but I realise some won't mind that.

With 50 couldn't we split into 2 groups of 25 and then have 2 ps3 teams - then we could have 1 group of 25 vs the other group for our own 10 vs 10 games.

I'm open to suggestions if things want to be changed by the PS3 players?

I do see what Coopz is saying about having a "proper" squad as such but what do others think?

Personally I'm not wanting to play competitive win by all means games - I'm happy just having some 10 vs 10 games for fun with everyone from here.

Personally I'm not wanting to play competitive win by all means games - I'm happy just having some 10 vs 10 games for fun with everyone from here.

I agree, I'm in it for a bit of a laugh and if we get promoted/relegated, it's all good fun. There's enough serious things in life without feeling you HAVE to win online games :DD

How does it work in terms of what team you actually play as? I mean, is it going to be endless Barca v Barca matches? If you're looking to do well in the on-line leagues, you're not going to pick Accrington Stanley.

We could name our team "Dreakkard is great F.C."

You can't deny it's a catchy name, isn't it? I've got tons of other suggestions.

About the teams to play with, I would suggest to play with a 3-4 stars club, Villareal or something like that. Wouldn't like to play again and again the same top teams.

How does it work in terms of what team you actually play as? I mean, is it going to be endless Barca v Barca matches? If you're looking to do well in the on-line leagues, you're not going to pick Accrington Stanley.

We don't know that fully yet, but we do know that everyone has the same stats. So it doesn't make a difference who we go, our players will be just as good as the opposition whether we're Accrington Stanley or Barca.

I think I prefer "Winston's Winners".

But with regard to which team you play as, is it a case of you pick whatever team you want at the start of each match (in other words, we don't decide which team we will be during registration for the leagues and have to stick with that team forever?)

Either way, given the way the game (FIFA08) currently gives bias towards one team or the other in 5v5, I'm not interested in playing matches where all the luck is scritped to go to the other team. I've seen so much really crappy cpu interference in 5v5 in recent weeks that it makes me realise it's important to pick the right team in order not to get screwed over by the underlying AI logic. I enjoy playing 5v5 when it's a level playing field, but when the cpu decides your team "are on a downer", it's barely worth playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom