10 v 10. How should it be done?

• Keep with one main squad

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • Have a 1st team and reserve teams

Votes: 22 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've played in a couple of Club matches now, but only about 4 or 5 have been there.

I've been playing on Tele Cam but discovered later in a match with random people that there's a bug that resets the camera Zoom and Height to default every time you start a new 10v10 match. I just thought it was some kind of thing to help framerates that they forced you to play with a close in zoom so there's less visible on screen to cause slowdown, but if you Pause the game (which, thankfully, doesn't pause the game for everyone else - the cpu takes control of your guy whilst you pause), you can quickly switch Tele Cam back to Default, then back to Custom, and it resets it to your preferred zoom and height.

I played as LM in the infamous 6-1 thrashing. For some reason, at the start of the second half, I seemed to now be a LB in a back 3. Wasn't sure if that was another bug or the captain changed foramtion. Anyway, I kinda lost interest as the oppostion were playing a front 6 and it was a pretty tedious exercise pretending to defend against that onslaught when I was supposed to be playing LM. Sorry.

Has anyone played a 10v10 match that wasn't just kick and rush all-out-attack crap yet? It's almost pointless trying to play a "real" style of football when every other team just surges forward in a 10 man wave, with their fingers permanently on Sprint and the game doesn't seem to have any fatigue element to deter it.

We had a bunch of 10 vs other people last night. Everyone seemed to do ok - we had a few moments where everyone in MF ran up leaving a gap in front of the DF. And times where the game forces the players to stand somewhere leaving us open to a counter attack (especially on corners and throw ins).

The problem is playing with 4 or 5 players on a side is easier than as a group of 10. All it needs is 1 or 2 people to go mental or put their pads down and walk away and the rest of the team can't do anything about it. So you have no power at all to stop a 6 - 0 beating unless you run from MF to help in defence but then you're penalised for being out of position and end the game with a really bad rating.

Unless everyone wants to play as a group of 10 - maybe we could leave the rooms and allow the 5 in there to go off and play and then the other 5 rejoin the dressing room and launch their own game?

If the other team had 10 men it wouldn't be a problem but I've yet to see 10 on the other team... I think I'm yet to see more than 5 on the other side - and even then they all pick 'ANY' so they can switch around the pitch with ease - build up their own attacks how they want and avoid any of those moments where someone who is in DF only doesn't want to and starts running up the pitch and standing offside.

The games last night we're addictive though - even when we had 10 and it became very very difficult to get some rhythm going it was still fun to watch a long ball you send up the pitch get picked up, crossed in and a header goes in off the post.

I really enjoyed defending - 1 its stupidly easy to get maximum points by just standing around and marking the forwards - 2 tackling is a joy and i love nailing a slide tackle or sliding in front of a up coming shot and blocking it - it reminds me of how good slide tackling felt in the old PES. I keep getting messages to join other peoples teams though - i had 6 last night after playing in DF so i assume i showed up on the leaderboards and they started spamming me to join them.

I'm not at all enjoying being up front - it just feels like i have no control and can't help out at all. But I loved being in MF

Formation wise - 3 at the back has been ok at first but as soon as we ran into teams with 3 up front or more (5!) we were ripped apart.
I picked the 4 1 2 1 2 when we won 5-2 and it worked out ok - its still 442 but you have a DM and a AM so the DM can fall back into a 5 back and the AM up to make the 3 up front to rip apart their 3 man defence. 2 wingers as well get the crosses in and the AM/DM fill in the gaps as they run up.

I think we just need to remember to change the formations to suit who we are against.

Who ever is the captain should look at the other team and abuse them. Oh and i tried typing this 4 times last night in between games and every time i lost it as someone hit X.

If someone gets booked sub them off at half time - one more card and they're off and stats are the same so it doesn't matter who the man they're controlling is really.

If we get a man sent off as well change the formation to plug that gap - when we had that CB sent off against Chelsea (which was NEVER a penalty... it was outside the box for a start!) we went 3 - 0 down within the next few minutes because we were playing with 3 at the back against chelseas 3 up front and because it was 442 we had a huge gap at the back.

And ask if everyones ready and everyone reply back... just type Y so we know you're here and not having a dump!

Last edited:
We had a decent game after some left for the night this morning, we drew 1 - 1 with Chelski. The potential is definitely there playing with Villa.

Really enjoyed the games last night but the lag pissed me off I have to say. The games last night flowed decently enough but there was still that response issue where you stopped moving your controller but the player would still move for a second, or worse that you'd get the ball and need to pass quickly but the game took ages to respond.

We definately need to have four at the back with the amount of times other teams had five (or more) people all attacking at once, we just got overrun. Even if we had five at the back, at least we could move about a bit more and still attack as long as people got back to defend.

I think we also need to slow our play down. Everytime we got the back we tried to counter-attack with it. We should try and spread the play a bit more, pass it about, cross-field passes to the open man, just keep the ball moving basically. Don't be afraid to pass the ball back.

I thought some people played really well, some I thought seemed a bit greedy and didn't work in a team as well as I hoped.

But the person who I'd say was "Player Of The Day" for me would be SJP. The guy just seemed to do everything right from what I noticed. He'd be in space all of the time, he's make good runs and play good passes. Loads of others played well but I kept seeing his name whenever a good play occured, so he gets the award for yesterday from me :TU:

Yep were good games, but at times the 2 CBs were being pulled out of position.

I played most games as DM and tried to hang back and shield the back 4 when I could, but like Dags, the lag is still there, meaning when you get the ball in a tight spot, you cannot really wriggle away and get a pass off.

I think in the last game (I) played with you, we did much better. Dont think I played as Villa, so it was probably the last Samp game v England (:LOL:) where we won 1-0. We played much better.

Like I said last night, we need an "EvoWeb B Team" as Rad says so we can practice 5 v 5.

Really enjoyed the games last night but the lag pissed me off I have to say. The games last night flowed decently enough but there was still that response issue where you stopped moving your controller but the player would still move for a second, or worse that you'd get the ball and need to pass quickly but the game took ages to respond.

We definately need to have four at the back with the amount of times other teams had five (or more) people all attacking at once, we just got overrun. Even if we had five at the back, at least we could move about a bit more and still attack as long as people got back to defend.

I think we also need to slow our play down. Everytime we got the back we tried to counter-attack with it. We should try and spread the play a bit more, pass it about, cross-field passes to the open man, just keep the ball moving basically. Don't be afraid to pass the ball back.

I thought some people played really well, some I thought seemed a bit greedy and didn't work in a team as well as I hoped.

But the person who I'd say was "Player Of The Day" for me would be SJP. The guy just seemed to do everything right from what I noticed. He'd be in space all of the time, he's make good runs and play good passes. Loads of others played well but I kept seeing his name whenever a good play occured, so he gets the award for yesterday from me :TU:

Christ Dags I'm touched. I suppose it makes up for not being as good I was in real life due to age, injuries etc. :) It's all downhill from here then for me as I will probably be crap from now on.

At times, I kept ball watching and realising I was way out of position and sprinting like mad to try and get back ino shape. Anybody else get caught up ball watching?

This mode is really addictive and I'm really enjoying it. Looking forward to tonight.

I agree with you about all the passing stuff you mentioned and especially don't worry about passing backwards. It's like real life where we have to try and drag the teams about a bit and make space.
To be honest though, I don't really care about how others team play, I just hope we all try to keep playing this mode the way it was intended.

As we have never played a full 10 v 10, is it possible to go into the lobbies and play friendlies. We are bound to come up against another team of 10 even if they are randoms. Saying that, it's early days so let's give other teams a chance to fill/sign up.

As a side note we should also decide a lobby name and password where we can all meet up and play some 1 v 1, 2 v 2 etc. for a bit of a change (that's in a week or so as 10's are too addictive at the mo).

@ Krad - I echo your points aswell fella and keep the crunching tackles coming. That one I remember was an absolute beauty!

Would love to be involved in your BAP team or any reserve side you have. Anywhere along the midfield would be my preference but would play anywhere if it meant getting a game.

I'll be on it around various times throughout today but I'll definitely be on later around the set time [if there is one]

I should be on later on tonight - 10 pm onwards, depends when our company decide to piss off. Hopefully as they're coming round at 6 they'll be long gone by the peak hours.

If we get more than 10 online wanting in, what happens when we hit 10 players in the dressing room and someone else wants to join - are they refused access or are they allowed in but the 10 in there already get sent into the next game leaving them alone?

We had like 50 people sign up for this so we should be running into a problem of far too many players for the games. And then going off for some 10 vs 10 of our own so we can practise without our ranked stats suffering

Just got around playing this, really liking the full version. Anyway I've noticed I haven't been invited to the team, could you do that Dags? I'll be up for some matches tonight (and now as well actually). Thanks. :D

If anyone wants to go to battle message me on PSN.

Guys a Belgian team wants to sign me... because I know the owner but still they want me in, don't know what I should do.

I should be on later on tonight - 10 pm onwards, depends when our company decide to piss off. Hopefully as they're coming round at 6 they'll be long gone by the peak hours.

If we get more than 10 online wanting in, what happens when we hit 10 players in the dressing room and someone else wants to join - are they refused access or are they allowed in but the 10 in there already get sent into the next game leaving them alone?

We had like 50 people sign up for this so we should be running into a problem of far too many players for the games. And then going off for some 10 vs 10 of our own so we can practise without our ranked stats suffering

I read that that wont be a problem. We can have more than 1 team playiing at a time. So if all 50 are online and in the dressing room we can play 5 games at the same. Problem occurs if there aint enough players to make up a second game. Is that what you meant?

count me in position Striker.

psn id: the dude6666
mic:yes

are we playing tonight?

cheers

Last edited:
Not sure we can keep accepting players to be honest. The club limit is 50 players but we'll see if everyone has joined in a weeks time. If the people on the current list haven't signed up by the end of next week Sunday, we'll open more places up.

Hope that sounds fair to everyone?

Not sure we can keep accepting players to be honest. The club limit is 50 players but we'll see if everyone has joined in a weeks time. If the people on the current list haven't signed up by the end of next week Sunday, we'll open more places up.

Hope that sounds fair to everyone?

Are you playing tonight I'll be available to play tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom