10 v 10. How should it be done?

• Keep with one main squad

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • Have a 1st team and reserve teams

Votes: 22 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been away from the 1st lads but no need to worry im back :DD I accepted the invite on the Thursday and then left it alone, Do we have any set times or is it simply whenever?

we have just recorded our biggest win last night, 8:2 and the last 2 matches after that where 1:0 and a impressive 3:2 where we was 2:0 down at half time

Well, I played in our biggest thrashing (6-1), so I'm glad to have been part of the biggest win (8-2). To be fair, the opposition were terrible...how they managed to score 2 is beyond me.

Well, I played in our biggest thrashing (6-1), so I'm glad to have been part of the biggest win (8-2). To be fair, the opposition were terrible...how they managed to score 2 is beyond me.

Was probably my fault, because not only did I run offside like a plonker the whole fookin game, my defending was also abysmal. Did manage to bag a brace and give 3 assists though:CALM:
Other than that, I was shoddy:LOL:

I notice there's a record online of recent matches played. It would be a nice touch if that also included the match stats, who played, etc.

I also noticed again last night that I started the match as a LM but in the 2nd half, I was CM (in a previous match, I'd been switched at half-time from LM to LB). I'm not sure if this is the manager changing formation at half-time or is it a bug? Can anyone shed any light? If it's a bug, I want to report it to EA.

Nobody else getting the bug where Tele Cam always resets to default zoom/height at the start of each 10v10 match?

Was probably my fault, because not only did I run offside like a plonker the whole fookin game, my defending was also abysmal. Did manage to bag a brace and give 3 assists though:CALM:
Other than that, I was shoddy:LOL:
i think we all scored at least a goal in that game:EASY:

yea our defending was awful. who gave away that penalty lol. great win last night and thats what we need to do, never ease off on the gas, go for the kill all the time and we will be a great team.

im getting use to being a CM now. loving it as i can defend and attack at that position.

I notice there's a record online of recent matches played. It would be a nice touch if that also included the match stats, who played, etc.

Yes - it would be nice if the goal scorers and info were saved. It would be nice if the stats at the end reflected the BAP players and not the in game team. I want to see what we were all rated and see if one of US were the MOTM not if Torres had a good game.

I also noticed again last night that I started the match as a LM but in the 2nd half, I was CM (in a previous match, I'd been switched at half-time from LM to LB). I'm not sure if this is the manager changing formation at half-time or is it a bug? Can anyone shed any light? If it's a bug, I want to report it to EA.

I'm pretty certain it's a formation change. The problem we have is if you change the formation you have no idea that you have been changed to a different position after apart from the arrows telling you where to run to. I've had it in the BAP Seasons mode where I'm a CM but one game I'll be a LM and have no idea until I see the arrows shouting at me to stay on the wing.

I remember you said after the game that you had been changed to CM. I noticed a formation change in that game... im sure we went from the default formation which is almost a 4 2(central MF) 2(wide MF) 2 (FWs) into a flat 4 4 2 - so your wide position might have gone to CM rather than staying at the LM side.

That's very annoying if that's the case - the CM's should stay as CM and the wingers should just be pulled into formation - not be juggled around.

Nobody else getting the bug where Tele Cam always resets to default zoom/height at the start of each 10v10 match?

I've not changed the angles so I've not ran into it. Not that that helps but I'm just saying.

i think we all scored at least a goal in that game:EASY:

yea our defending was awful. who gave away that penalty lol. great win last night and thats what we need to do, never ease off on the gas, go for the kill all the time and we will be a great team.

I'm getting use to being a CM now. loving it as i can defend and attack at that position.

I can't believe I saved a pen! (though they did score the rebound :( ) I played as 'ANY' in 2 of our games last night and I didn't enjoy it at all. I much MUCH prefer to play as 1 player and concentrate on having a good game as them. I'm playing best as a CM but I don't mind playing any role on the pitch now I've had a good go at them. I'd prefer not to be up front as it's quite boring but if we had 10 of us online I'd play there for the fun of it.

When it comes to picking positions as well I'd prefer to stick myself in a CM role but i do wait until everyone else has picked their first. It might look like im away but im waiting to see if someone picks a DF and another a MF - then i'll probably pick a FW so we have 1 man in each part of the field and we're not relying on the AI to score. Either that or i'll pick ANY so we have a bit more control.

I'm sick of getting messages on Fifa now. Yesterday when i woke up i had 21 messages asking me to join teams and today i had 15!
I'm not even highly ranked in the rankings - i think im rated as 74 in midfield and i have no idea about DF or FW but i'm guessing its low as ive hardly played in those positions.

Great games last night though. That 8-2 win was a joke especially as we had about 5 or 6 chances that hit the post or deflected wide or something else would happen and we'd cock up and miss a clear cut goal.

I did chuckle a little though that on loading the other team were saying 'i think we'll win this game as well... we were awesome in that last one' and someone else said 'they don't know what they're in for!'

I'm pretty certain it's a formation change. The problem we have is if you change the formation you have no idea that you have been changed to a different position after apart from the arrows telling you where to run to. I've had it in the BAP Seasons mode where I'm a CM but one game I'll be a LM and have no idea until I see the arrows shouting at me to stay on the wing.

I really don't know why we can't see what our manager is doing. It makes sense that if he's making tactical changes, we can see his screen as he's doing it, rather than staring at a paused match shot, oblivious to what has happened. I did make that suggestion to EA after FIFA08, but they clearly didn't take heed.

Even in Euro08 CYC mode, when your team changed formation to say go 4-3-3 near the end, it at least flashed up on screen so you knew it had happened.

I noticed the change last night when my player kept on trying to take up positions in midfield rather than the wing at goal-kicks, etc.

Great games last night though. That 8-2 win was a joke especially as we had about 5 or 6 chances that hit the post or deflected wide or something else would happen and we'd cock up and miss a clear cut goal.

I did chuckle a little though that on loading the other team were saying 'i think we'll win this game as well... we were awesome in that last one' and someone else said 'they don't know what they're in for!'

:LOL: I hadn't heard what they were saying. But it was all the more satisfying that they were Barcelona (even though stats are equalised). They probably didn't even know about stat equalisation and you just know they were a bunch of little gobshites that only ever go Barca in every mode.

One of them also said: " I'm gonna score a hattrick again, like last game" :LOL::LOL::LOL: Poor sods....

Ha ha. Let that be a warning to us to never do the same.

How do you know what you are ranked ie. 74? I can't find that info anywhere.
I have only noticed some stats within the team members section but I think that's overall. There are only a few of us rated though for some reason.

I think it was me who gave the Pen away (or was it?). To be honest, I was just going through a little faze of wanting to kick fuck out of them (only because we were tumping them though).

I also tend to wait to see where everyone is playing (unless I really fancied playing a certain position for a change).
I did think we agreed that somebody would go any to avoid the CPU controlling the players?
To be honest Rad, I thought the game when me and you went any was pretty good. The one the team quit out on.
As long as we all take it in turns controlling the rest of the players then that's cool. I don't think anybody should just jump in straight away and make that selection all the time.

Personally, I don't really like defence but don't mind taking my fair share of being there. I'm a CM player by trade but have quite enjoyed being out wide and up front as I like to try and make decent off the ball runs and there is a bit more time to do that in those positions.

See you online tonight chaps. This is getting a bit too addictive mind. I think my wife is feeling a bit neglected!

Another fellas (and ladies), does it really matter about formation?
Only saying as we can all just revert to wherever we originally thought we were playing anyway. Obviously we will be defaulted to formation at restarts etc.

Ha ha. Let that be a warning to us to never do the same.

How do you know what you are ranked ie. 74? I can't find that info anywhere.
I have only noticed some stats within the team members section but I think that's overall. There are only a few of us rated though for some reason.

If you are referring to our club ranking it's in the dressing room on the top info bar.

Another fellas (and ladies), does it really matter about formation?
Only saying as we can all just revert to wherever we originally thought we were playing anyway. Obviously we will be defaulted to formation at restarts etc.

It certainly can matter. The first time it happened to me, I was playing LM in a 4-4-2 in the first half, and we were doing fine.

The 2nd half kicked off and I was merrily playing away down the left wing. But we were getting owned down our LB area... it was just one big empty space and the opposition front 6 were exploiting it to the full.

By the time we'd lost 2 or 3 goals, at kick-off, I noticed our formation on the radar. We were now a back-3 and I was supposed to be LCB! I wasn't 100% sure at first but as the match played on, it was clear nobody else was covering that area. But given it was now a lost cause, I didn't really feel like playing there either.

We lost 6-1.

It certainly can matter. The first time it happened to me, I was playing LM in a 4-4-2 in the first half, and we were doing fine.

The 2nd half kicked off and I was merrily playing away down the left wing. But we were getting owned down our LB area... it was just one big empty space and the opposition front 6 were exploiting it to the full.

By the time we'd lost 2 or 3 goals, at kick-off, I noticed our formation on the radar. We were now a back-3 and I was supposed to be LCB! I wasn't 100% sure at first but as the match played on, it was clear nobody else was covering that area. But given it was now a lost cause, I didn't really feel like playing there either.

We lost 6-1.

I played in that game too. They had loads up front.
Whoever was left back should have gone back there.

To be honest chaps, I wouldn't change formation during a game as nobody knows what the captain is doing.
I think we just need to decide what the formation is before the game (that's if we decide to change from 442).
Just makes it easier for everybody. If we lose then so be it as we can't win them all.

On a side note, I thought that team that played as Boca Juniors were really good. They knocked the ball around lovely. We managed to beat them but they were the best footballing team I've played against so far.

I found my own personal stats in the MY CLUB - SCOUTING section. i sorted the MF by rank then scrolled down until i spotted me. im sure our stats are supposed to show in the MY CLUB part but i can only see a few peoples

Also why did the Chelsea lot quit after the final whistle and end up with a 3-0 loss and DNF% increase when it was only 1-0 to us?

Last edited:
I played in that game too. They had loads up front.
Whoever was left back should have gone back there.

To be honest chaps, I wouldn't change formation during a game as nobody knows what the captain is doing.
I think we just need to decide what the formation is before the game (that's if we decide to change from 442).
Just makes it easier for everybody. If we lose then so be it as we can't win them all.

I suspect nobody was playing as LB in the first half...it was probably covered by ANY.

But I agree that we should just stick to a formation throughout the match and leave it up to the players as individuals to decide if they need to push forward/back more during a match.

I was having some right problems last night, I either had the net die on me or I'd be in the dressing room for 25-30 minutes at a time and there'd be no-one around, when I knew matches were being played and there'd obviously be people returning to the DR. And when I did get in a match, I think the rest of the team carried on playing whilst I got a message saying the other team had lost connection. My net was fine at this point. Bizarre, will try again later.

That was a fucking joke. We battered the team we just played, even when we went to 10 men (I didn't even see the tackle). I'm not sure what was going on with the first two goals because both were conceded because of a bad lack of concentration it seemed, very sloppy play for those and pretty annoying considering we should've won that game only to lose by soft goals :brick:

The first goal was a heat of the moment mistake but on the last two we were caught out. Frustrating stuff because we dominated that game.

I'll be in the dressing room around 3.25pm if anyone wants a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom