FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Soemones not excited :LOL:

I sort of feel the same, but have to say April is way to early to start talking about your next game.

I'm excited, but websites posting "news" about a promise of a rumour of a potential news item is about as interesting as reading ThomasGOAL posts "exciting news from contact, can't tell you", don't fucking post then!

I have exciting news, there will be an Edge magazine, can't tell you when or what will be in it, but I heard from an exclusive source........

Dude you mocking your own site? Seems odd.

Edge magazine is out in June 5th, I have a subscription so should get it early :SMUG:

There is no issue with foot control, learn to use L1 and L2

Chest control is a difference story, especially after a throwing

That needs some tweaking and the player usually becomes sluggish after chesting the ball b4 controlling it with his feet

Played 08 today, damn EA took a big leap to get to 09

if the replicate that for 10....gameover Conarmy

I guess they have to build up interest but I'm with Placebo on this I'm bored of "great news but can't say" or "coming in the next few weeks, a hint of a thing that may or may not be true"...

Last edited:
Sadly the first reveal is usually a pre rendered bullshit video showing loads of tricks and players beating 3 or 4 men then scoring a screamer to make the kids hyped up.

Not all that excited like I was last year, 08 was a good game but I new 09 would be great. which it is IMO. I'm not sure we'll see much change in 10 other than mode improvements and slightly tweaking the gameplay.

was playing game of bap online and for first time, this dude had likes of torres, ibrahimovic, mexes in his squad :S i know u can do this on like unranked matches but bap? :/

I wouldn't mind if the game play is just tweaked and slightly adjusted, the shooting being one area looked at, as long as the MM is vastly different.
This can be changed and improved quite easily compared to other areas such as AI.

If we only end up with a few tweaks and fluff in the MM I'll be very disappointed...

A good improvement for FIFA 10 should the different sizes of the pitch. At the moment Nou Camp is the same size as Stamford Bridge for example when they both should be completely different. would add a lot to the playing style IMO.

Ive said this loads of times. I remember in PES2/3 ect when I would need to change my tactics to suit the pitch. Bayern's olympia pitch was huge so I would play defensive and try to counter along the wings wereas at highbury I would try to keep possesion and work an opening. Made it so much better to have that in the game aswell.

Moore: PES is in FIFA's "rear view mirror"

EA Sports president Peter Moore has claimed there's now "distance" between the quality of FIFA and fierce rival Pro Evolution Soccer, with Konami's kickaround now in EA's "rear view mirror".

But Moore, while admitting his team had done "so well" with FIFA 09, revealed he is demanding a Metacritic rating of 90 for this year's version, up from the 87 recorded by the 360 and PS3 versions of 09.

"I want 90!" he told Eurogamer last week, at the Emirates Stadium in north London for the unveiling of FIFA 10 "It's a challenge, and as I said in the presentation, it's not easy with sports games to continue to raise the bar every single year - and it's half tongue-in-cheek as I know how difficult it is."

Moore announced his desire for a 90 average during a briefing with UK journalists, as FIFA producer Dave Rutter watched from the sidelines.

"FIFA 09 has been spectacular and we've got a high bar for FIFA 10," Moore said afterwards. "So yeah, Rutter's got some work to do, but yeah, I'd like a 90 this year."

Speaking of the series' long-standing competition with Pro Evolution Soccer, Moore added: "I don't underestimate Konami. I've spent a lot of time, as you know, in Japan over the years and they're a great company. The day we start resting on our laurels is the day we start slipping back.

"We've got a little bit of distance in the rear view mirror between ourselves and our competitor right now, but we can't get complacent and we can't stop trying to innovate and making sure we keep that distance between us and them."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/moore-pes-is-in-fifas-rear-view-mirror

Back
Top Bottom