FIFA 09 PC discussion thread

OK, I've played a few games - here's my first opinion on the game.

Pros:
* Graphics are pretty good. Everything close up looks AWESOME. Player likenesses are superb, EA have clearly been working on those - faces are now better than on Pro Evo.

Muhaha! Funny. Completely disagree. Ambrosini doesn't look like Ambrosini. Most do look like them but they're of weird shape. Faces on PES are way better.

is your cpu dual core or core 2 duo? because my is 2.66 dual core and it's slightly faster than yours, but you have a better graphic card and more memory...

It's Core 2 Duo. I think there's supposed to be quite a big difference.

3.0ghz singlecore, 1GB ram and a GeForce 7950GT (512mb). Runs smooth, with a very very occasional stutter.

Ah, OK, well there you go. Really not a demanding game at all.

But then the game does look quite a lot worse zoomed out (still can't get any anti-aliasing to work). I hope someone releases an LOD mixer like they did for Pro Evo.

Here is ball physics patch promised by me.
- added more weight to the ball
- decreased friction, so the ball rolls more and further
- there is no more "frog jumping" balls between players (just watch some EPL games to prove that the ball rolls, not jumps between players on good field)
- ball feels more free now
To install just extract ai.ini into main Fifa 09 Demo foloder, e.g. C:/Program Files/Fifa 09 Demo
Preview.
YouTube - Fifa 09 new gameplay
Pls don't worry. Just have imported Stamford bridge before instead of Wembley. The movie has some frame rate lags, because i have no idea how to make 60 fps smooth movie. (the game plays on 60fps on my pc)

links:
http://depositfiles.com/files/7900552
http://rapidshare.com/files/144588869/ai.rar.html

Is it possible to turn on manual passing in this demo? I mean it says "manual" in the settings, but in reality it's not.

- there is no more "frog jumping" balls between players (just watch some EPL games to prove that the ball rolls, not jumps between players on good field)
To install just extract ai.ini into main Fifa 09 Demo foloder, e.g. C:/Program Files/Fifa 09 Demo
Preview.
YouTube - Fifa 09 new gameplay
Pls don't worry. Just have imported Stamford bridge before instead of Wembley. The movie has some frame rate lags, because i have no idea how to make 60 fps smooth movie. (the game plays on 60fps on my pc)

links:
[url]http://depositfiles.com/files/7900552[/URL]
[url]http://rapidshare.com/files/144588869/ai.rar.html[/URL]
eh? you managed to patch the gameplay? how lol. great though and if there are any mods reading this, could you please make us a FIFA 09 MOD section please?

Guys, any idea how to make the ps2 pad + adapter work? It makes the selection go crazy and it starts cycling every option of every menu, I can't do shit. I was forced to unplug it and it all went fine, only I can't play with the keyboard, I'm not used to it anymore

There are a number of apps that let you assign a key to each function of your joypad, so the game thinks you're using the keyboard but you're actually using a controller, that could work?

Nice work, improves game much in normal passing game. The problem comes when there is no players to pick up the high/long ball (like manual high through pass). Ball bounces forward like it is wet field AND upward like it bounces from cement or something. So bounces are way too hard (maybe ball is too hard? blocked shots seem to go pretty high too)

Short passing is much better now, ball stays on the ground and rolls realistically.

Poor again. GFX is decent close up but once you use the TV camera it looks very poor. Very disappointed. I though I read we were going to get a good version this year. Seems we were shunned in favour of the consoles again.

Holding thumbs pes 2009 is good else this will be a poor football season on the pc with the exception of fm 2009.

The demo expander is quite a relief to me, not only because it opens the game right up, but also because it confirms that the more difficult settings are actually quite difficult! I just lost 3-1 to Marseille using Real Madrid.

I'm liking this the more I play it. Once you get used to the way the game moves, you can create some really nice attacking play.

Mario79, we all really appreciate your work. This really improves 90% of the game!!!

However - could you please tone down the bounce of the ball a little? Whenever I do a long ball and it misses the player, the ball bounces really high and fast. High through balls down the wing are useless, they just roll over the end line.

Apart from that though - fantastic work.

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

Oh dear the excuses seem to get worse and worse. Here's what an EA representative said on its forums regarding why PC users don't get a next-gen update.

Quote:
The PC version of FIFA 09 is different to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions because of the CPU processing power required for the architecture of the game.

The majority of gamer's PC's do not have enough CPU processing power for this architecture, so FIFA09 on PC has been built to have the best possible graphics and gameplay engine while still being accessible to as many fans of the game as possible. If the architecture was identical to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions, FIFA09 on PC would only be accessible to 1-3% of the PC systems on the market.

Having said that, FIFA09 on PC delivers a very deep gameplay engine, along with leading-edge visuals.

So it's not only LucasArts that are using lame excuses then...

Oh dear the excuses seem to get worse and worse. Here's what an EA representative said on its forums regarding why PC users don't get a next-gen update.

Ehm, those are good excuses. You obviously have no idea how many people that buys PC version that has old computers. The PC market for FIFA is not in the "richest" countries you know...

Please give me the reason you think is that they are not just porting the game like many other companies are. Please do. You know they do research on these things, and if they could just port the game they would. But as they say, their PC audience is mostly using older computers.

Ehm, those are good excuses. You obviously have no idea how many people that buys PC version that has old computers. The PC market for FIFA is not in the "richest" countries you know...

:LOL::LOL: i wont even bother wasting my time explaining

most pc's are more powerful than consoles now so ithink its a bit of a piss take for them to say that. if you are aiming at people with five year old computers then you just have to say that is their fault for not upgrading.

Most PC out there are more powerful than consoles? So funny. Computer that are 2 year old or newer yes. It's funny how you think most people have computer that are so new. Really. You have more knowledge about FIFAs PC market than their researchers.

Please back this up. Give me some numbers on what kind of people that buy the PC version all over the world. Income, age and so on. Oh yeah you can't but the researchers can. I wonder who's right.

the numbers are irrelevant, it comes down to what market you are aiming at. Aiming at people with middle grade pcs supporting low grade is basically just profiteering, pc games should aim to target TOP end pcs whilst supporting middle tier pcs. It comes down to the approach and the fact they are just putting out a version that will be available to the maximum number of people therefore have the greatest chance of shipping copies. This really contradicts their "innovative" stance on the console version. Do you see games like Crysis say "oh most people wont be able to play this therefore there is no point releasing it". Of course not, you release games for the newest technologies at all times because this is what drives the wheels of change.

Most PC out there are more powerful than consoles? So funny. Computer that are 2 year old or newer yes. It's funny how you think most people have computer that are so new. Really. You have more knowledge about FIFAs PC market than their researchers.

Please back this up. Give me some numbers on what kind of people that buy the PC version all over the world. Income, age and so on. Oh yeah you can't but the researchers can. I wonder who's right.

Spot on mate,obviously EA aren't stupid for not making a PC version on par with the xbox360/ps3 because as you pointed out,most people currently have computers who won't be able to play the game

your one dumb clueless muppet and here's why. the reason why fifa doesnt appeal to pc users because its fucking shit mate, always have been. look at the pc version of PES. it sells lots more then fifa's piss poor offer.

There will ALWAYS be people willing to buy a footy sim on their pc. not everyone is a console fanboy. making a piss poor game wont appeal to pc users mate.

pc users are generaly more mature and have high expectations in pc games. such issues some pc users tend to moan about are crap FPS, console interface and so on.

Fifa on the pc is fucking poor. teh framerate is terrible and the animations, AI etc are a joke.

i like for them to tell me where they got the idea that consoles are more powerful the pc's lol!

its there loss anyway as konami wil gain more profits and share for pc footy games

the numbers are irrelevant, it comes down to what market you are aiming at. Aiming at people with middle grade pcs supporting low grade is basically just profiteering, pc games should aim to target TOP end pcs whilst supporting middle tier pcs. It comes down to the approach and the fact they are just putting out a version that will be available to the maximum number of people therefore have the greatest chance of shipping copies. This really contradicts their "innovative" stance on the console version. Do you see games like Crysis say "oh most people wont be able to play this therefore there is no point releasing it". Of course not, you release games for the newest technologies at all times because this is what drives the wheels of change.

It is simple financial sense to make PC games available to the widest possible market. That is why the most popular and best selling games on PC will generally work well on older machines - The Sims, WoW and Valve games for example.

If they only target consumers with high end PCs they wouldn't make any profit on the game and then they wouldn't bother making it at all.

the numbers are irrelevant, it comes down to what market you are aiming at. Aiming at people with middle grade pcs supporting low grade is basically just profiteering, pc games should aim to target TOP end pcs whilst supporting middle tier pcs.

i think people forget that pc games has settings such has high, med, low;))

There are many pc games out there that cater for low,mid and high range pc's just fine:DOH:

Just because some person cant afford a decent gaming rig, doesn't mean the people who can have to suffer. But in this case, its EA that are suffering :LOL: PC users will stick with PES as usual this term while others will torrent the crap about of fifa and maybe JUST maybe EA will get teh hint and either not botehr making fifa for pc anymore or make it next gen

It is simple financial sense to make PC games available to the widest possible market. That is why the most popular and best selling games on PC will generally work well on older machines - The Sims, WoW and Valve games for example.

If they only target consumers with high end PCs they wouldn't make any profit on the game and then they wouldn't bother making it at all.
Yet those games look great when you max out teh settings and still have great animations etc. You just proveed my point that pc games should cater for ALL pc users, not just low end systems

My pc is nearly 5 years old and im able to play quite a few games on the pc out at the moment mate

Yet those games look great when you max out teh settings and still have great animations etc. You just proveed my point that pc games should cater for ALL pc users, not just low end systems

My pc is nearly 5 years old and im able to play quite a few games on the pc out at the moment mate

Yeah, exactly. Thats what I meant. Cater to the widest possible market; it just wouldnt make sense to limit the possible number of customers by only targetting high end users.

Back on topic: I love that keepers coming up for corners in the 90th minute has made its way in. I scored the winner after Cassillas did it this afternoon. Pleased me greatly

Last edited:
Just solved my "processor problem"

It was about my monitor really:

SyncMaster 740nw
For some reason It won't start the game full screen. I can, however, run it in windowed mode. I hope this gets fixed for the full game (although the game... well... kiiiiiinda sucks).

AI is only programmed to run like forrest gump. I can't imagine higher difficulty levels "getting creative, controling the pace of the game, etc", I can only imagine them "running vertically even more blindly and aggresively", as that's EA's idea of a higher difficulty level. No matter what the players stats are, every player THINKS ONLY ABOUT RUNNING. Defensive midfield don't think about distributing, wingers don't think about crossing balls, offensive midfielders don't think about creating changes. In this game, every single player thinks about running vertically. Lame.

Haha, so are they going to keep dishing out the same exact game for the years to come?

Do you people have any clue how absurd that is? EA is the only company doing this, why don't you ask yourselves why. :LOL:

What makes them think the majority with low-end PC's will buy their shitty footy game anyway?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom