FIFA 08 Manager Mode Adventure Thread

Well with Tim and myself being off work today we managed to finish our first season at Atletico and what a bloody season it was!

With us finishing a season and the scores not being saved and neither of us taking notes as to scores the details that follow may be a touch sketchy but bear with me and it will all be fine.....

I will actually start with our first game of the day and one of the more memorable ones due to this goal scored by Simao (Tim) which gave us a 1-0 win against Barcelona

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsizrzl7Uis

Villarreal 0-3 Atletico
Deportivo 1-1 Atletico

We went into the last game of the season knowing that we needed a win to give us a 5th place finish and many trips around Europe, whereas a loss would leave us down in 7th and just a domestic campaign to concentrate on.

Just to create a bit of drama here I am gonna make you scroll down a bit more

Atletico 2-0 Valldolid

We managed to do it and amazingly finish the season above Real Madrid but still a fair way behind the table toppers, those cunts at Barca!!

86e17fe343.jpg

That wasnt the end of our season though and we still had the Copa Del Rey Final to play.

Atletico 0-0 Recreativo AET
Atletico 5-4 Recreativo after pens

So a 5th place finish and a Cup win, not bad for a 1st season at all. We need to buy a couple of players before the start of the new season with all the extra games we are going to be playing we will need the strength in depth to make our second season as enjoyable as the first

Last edited:
Im doing awesome with Derby now

i dont know the stats off hand but i have just beat Pompey away 2-0 :)

By the way, the Copa del Rey Final was played at the generic UK Div 1 Ground! :lmao: Shockingly shit.

More of our Manager Mode to be played tonight - and expect a big update this evening! :)

Me and Tim continued our MM adventure on Sunday and also played a bit more tonight. Here is how season 2 is going for us with Atletico.

(For those who need an update on how season 1 went, just scroll up to the top of this page :))

Now for season 2, the story so far.....

Supercopa de Espana
Barcelona 1-1 Atlético
Atlético 1-0 Barca

We win the Supercopa against the bastards. Fucking enjoyed that one!!

Atlético 0-1 Zaragoza - La Liga
Villarreal 0-0 Atlético - La Liga

Atlético 4-0 NAC Breda - UEFA Cup

Atlético 2-0 Deportivo - La Liga

Lazio 0-2 Atlético - UEFA Cup

Atlético 2-0 Celta Vigo - La Liga

Atlético 0-2 TSG Hoffenheim - UEFA Cup

Bilbao 0-2 Atlético - La Liga
Atlético 2-3 Barca - La Liga
Atlético 0-0 Espanyol - La Liga
Betis 0-1 Atlético - La Liga
Murcia 1-0 Atlético - La Liga
Atlético 0-0 Sociedad - La Liga
Valladolid 1-2 Atlético - La Liga

Brondby 1-3 Atlético - UEFA Cup
db18695728.jpg

We qualify top of our group and will play the mighty Brentford in the next round. Yes you heard me right, I said Brentford

Real Madrid 3-0 Atlético - La Liga
In this game it was our keeper, Leo Franco, that gifted them all 3 goals and will cost him his place in the team for the foreseeable future

Atlético 2-0 Xerez - Copa del Rey, Round 2

It was in the final game of the session that Tim scored this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSohh65VdP0

cc95615049.jpg

This is where we are at the end of tonights play, still a long way to go. Our target is to defend the Coppa Del Rey and win the UEFA Cup (We like to set our targets high.) We also need a couple of players at least when the window opens to get us through the rest of the season as due to a new sponsor we actually now have some money to spend.

Stay tuned for more from this joint MM soon

Last edited:
hope they tweak the AI with the next patch... I'm tired of the get the ball wide at all cost, attack attitude..

You applied the 5v5 update right? I find the AI is a little bit less cheap with regards attacking, at least on Professional, if you do block them in the corner they won't keep trying to twitch dribble backwards and forwards for a crossing space but will attempt to pass backwards instead to a supporting fullback/midfielder.......

I enjoyed 4 great years at Liverpool - winning everything (on Pro) without deviating much from the current Liverpool squad. I never managed to do the treble though - I won the League and the Champions League or the League and the FA Cup.

Anyway, bored of the lack of challenge I've tried various options - playing as a different team in the Prem, playing as Athletico (yes, I'm a copy cat) and Tranmere (my family's passion) and just couldn't get into it the same.

I started a career with Cardiff this week to play as my beloved Fowler and fk me - it's so hard with average players!

I'm bottom of the league with 3 points from 3 score draws, after 10 games.

I managed to sign Lucas Levia from Liverpool for £400k(!!!) and he's been the best player on the pitch for the 2 games he's played so far.

I've also signed Jay Boothroyd but he's too fooked to start a game yet.

And some German defender who was a free signing with a rating of 81.

But anyway, I'm just stuggling like fk to win a game! I'm going to try and keep the faith for the season at least just to see if I can keep them from going down but I'm already a little bored with the continual defeats!

Oh, and I sold Robbie for £300k so I could upgrade my fitness coach and that felt very wrong but frankly, mr shankly, he's a bit shit on the game!

Well I'm playing my third season as Liverpool boss but so far its all going wrong. I'm currently 7th in the league for 10 matches played and I'm finding it hard to score too! The game is awesome though!!

Nice to see my bilbao is second in the liga........ tonite big game against el equipo del gobierno la verguenca del pais real madrid.

P.S.
Why those bloody japs can have menus as nice as fifa?? that table looks good!!!

Just finished my second season with Hammarby in the Swedish Premier League. Last season I finished at 6th place and didn't go any further than quarterfinal in the cup. I've tried to keep it realistc and my team look like this:

71 (SWE) Rami Shaaban, Fredrikstad(Norge)

66 (SWE) David Johansson
57 (SWE) Isak Dahlin
60 (SWE) Daniel Theorin, Malmö FF(Sweden)
63 (SWE) Emil Johansson

66 (SWE) Erkan Zengin
72 (URU) Sebastien Eguren
72 (SWE) Petter Andersson
64 (SWE) Sharbel Touma, Mönchengladbach(Germany)

61 (USA) Charlie Davies
64 (SWE) Emra Tahirovic, Lille(France)

----
57 (SWE) George Moussan

61 (SWE) José Monteiro de Macedo
64 (DEN) Christian Traore
63 (SWE) Suleyman Sleyman

66 (SWE) Rasmus Lindgren, Groningen(Netherlands)
68 (DEN) Mikkel Jensen
59 (SWE) Sebastian Castro-Tello
61 (SWE/FIN) Haris Laitinen
66 (SWE) Louay Chanko
54 (SWE) Mattias Olsson

69 (BRA) Paulinho Guára
55 (ISL) Heidar Geir Juliusson

Before the season they told me that they wanted the team to end top three. It's a quite good mix of players. In the defence, my CBs look like crap but play very good, both of them are very strong. Emil Johansson is the king of corners and free kicks as well as long shots.

Midfield. Sharbel Touma got 99 skill in balance! Working hard on the left wing. Eguren, oh god. I'd choose him even if I played with Man U. Never lose a challange, score lots of goals even though he is defensive midfielder. Petter Andersson is quick and shoot very good. Erkan Zengin is my Cristiano Ronaldo, he got 83 in technique-skill and can get past any defender.

Emra Tahirovis might be the best player I bought yet. Very strong, and play very well together with Charlie Davies who is very quick and good at dribbling and is my topscorer.

Anyway, back to the season. Started of quite well, won a few games, lost a few. I was very close to yet again end my cup journey in the quarterfinals before Emra Tahirovic scored with two minutes left of extra time and I won on penaltys. In the end of the season I started to win a lot of games and by winning the last five (of 26) I won the championship - four points ahead of my rivals Djurgården - who I met in the last game, won 2-1 and secured the championship. Then cup final against my other rivals, AIK (or Solna called in the game). Won 3-1 and the double was minde.

I've scored some quite nice goals, but I'm saving them for a video I'm making. Next season, the champions league..

^ Great post :) Nice to see someone using a different team in a less popular league. Good luck for the Champions League, you will need it! Post your group when you know it too mate :)

I'd like to finally say to all of you the following:

Peterborough United is the first English Team to win 3 Champions League in a row. Greetings to the young team that made it possible, Bojan the scorer, Eboué, Dodd, Illiev, Richards, Vallori... They were all signed while the team was climbing division after division to reach the premier.

Now, it's time to move to another club, and I must say I leave England with some tears in my eyes, but Cadiz awaits me. You see, I like challenge and was getting too comfortable in the island. Keep you informed.

I won the league cup for the 2nd time last season, and beat Spurs 3-0 to win the league cup and FA cup double, doesn't quite make amends for 1993 surprisingly ;)

At the end of the season it showed the list of winners,promotion and relegation and European qualifiers, I knew that winning one of the cups was enough to get me into EFA so I was pissed off to say the least when the EFA qualifiers list included the usual 2 championship teams but no Sheffield Wednesday :( Fortunately when the next season start I checked stats/groups and sure enough I was in EFA :)

Started the season away to Man Utd for the Charity Shield at old trafford, despite being 2-0 after 12 mins we drew 2-2 and lost the penalty shootout, my first shootout defeat :(

As usual I sell all my free transfers from the previous season and sign 10 new free transfers to be used in cup matches or to cover for injury/fatigue, league matches are played with default Sheffield Wednesday players, which due to Michael Johnson's retirement the season before last means I'm stuck with 39 year old Steve Watson at centreback :)

As usual I sell all my free transfers from the previous season and sign 10 new free transfers to be used in cup matches or to cover for injury/fatigue, league matches are played with default Sheffield Wednesday players, which due to Michael Johnson's retirement the season before last means I'm stuck with 39 year old Steve Watson at centreback :)

Interesting tactic there mate - sounds a bit like Harry Redknapp! - one question how the HELL can you buy so many players at one go?

I struggle to get more than 2 offers out before "you don't have sufficient time..." comes up - possibly THE most frustrating aspect of FIFA so would love to know how you do it!!!

"you don't have sufficient time"

What is this message relating to?! I've never seen it.

Really???

For example; I will complete a match and go straight to the transfer section - do a search for a player - make an offer after adjusting the figures a little, (and I always change the number of negotiations to 2) place the bid, check the transfer list then go to make a bid for another player and then hey presto "You don't have sufficient time to make a bid" comes up.

Like I said, I think maybe 3 bids at any one time is the most I've ever managed before having to wait for the next match to try more.

one question how the HELL can you buy so many players at one go?

Hmm I don't know, maybe it's related to how many players you have transfer listed or have already sold or something? For example this season, I had a full squad of 40, 10 were frees from last season so I list them all, as I have a full squad I can't buy anyone the first week, played a match, offers came in for all 10 of which I accepted 7 (I only sell to English clubs to keep the league competitive), when I then went to go buy some players it gave me 12 negotiations, of which I could of course only use 7, I bid the minimum wage for all 7 and all 7 signed after the next match and I sold 2 more of my players :)

Err in the transfer screen it says at the top, something like "Transfer Negotiations 12", so if you're using 2 per transfer (which you absolutely don't need to do if your negotiator is about 7 and above) then you could only bid for 6 players, 12 is quite high though, usually you only get about 2-4 unless your squad is really low on players.

right Im going to try and get back into Fifa more, so Im going to start a new manager mode and try and do realistic buys etc like I used to do on my Master League.

So I would like some suggestions as to what teams to be.

I dont want a premiership side as Im bored of playing against them (due to being in the evo league) and I dont want Championship as there is no play offs grr

I'm loving the Manager mode at the moment, hit about 3hrs worth last night. Currently sitting top with Seville after beating 2nd place Valencia to move up.
Went out of the Cup in the 3rd round to Athletico with was rubbish.

Haven't brought in too many extra players, i've sold a few of 30+ players to raise a bit of cash cos i seem to be losing money every game!
The scouts sourced a couple of good buys for me...i think they're created players tho, a Brazilian center half called Gladstone and a creative French midfielder called Kris Crosby.

Managed to pick Agbonglahor up on a free aswell in January who's been an excellent last 20 minute player on right week...he's lightning.

I've loaned quite a few of the younger players out to get experience and maybe up there stats, has this worked for anyone in the past?!

I'm loving the Manager mode at the moment, hit about 3hrs worth last night. Currently sitting top with Seville after beating 2nd place Valencia to move up.
Went out of the Cup in the 3rd round to Athletico with was rubbish.

Haven't brought in too many extra players, i've sold a few of 30+ players to raise a bit of cash cos i seem to be losing money every game!
The scouts sourced a couple of good buys for me...i think they're created players tho, a Brazilian center half called Gladstone and a creative French midfielder called Kris Crosby.

Managed to pick Agbonglahor up on a free aswell in January who's been an excellent last 20 minute player on right week...he's lightning.

I've loaned quite a few of the younger players out to get experience and maybe up there stats, has this worked for anyone in the past?!

Well for me that hasnt worked, they have come back without any points going up, was pretty pointless

right Im going to try and get back into Fifa more, so Im going to start a new manager mode and try and do realistic buys etc like I used to do on my Master League.

I dont want a premiership side as Im bored of playing against them (due to being in the evo league) and I dont want Championship as there is no play offs grr

If you don't particularly care who you manage why not go for the 15 countries in 15 seasons achievement? Start with a 1* club somewhere and each season move to another country, all the while trying to move up the managerial ladder so that your last 5 seasons are at the top 5 world leagues? :)

I just started with Inter on Saturday night (to keep me awake for the boxing!) and I'm loving their formation - playing some great stuff - their squad is pretty deep with talent.

I usually try this too but don't see too much reward for it.

Often they end up coming back having hardly played at all.

I loaned out 12 teenagers in my first season and when they came back they hadn't even received any experience points so they're better off just sitting in your reserves and not playing cos at least they get experience points you can use to improve them :)

Back
Top Bottom