FIFA 07 (PS2/XBox/PC) - Current Gen

frame rate is good on xbox suprisingly, graphics and presentation are pretty good, stadium, and pitches look better than pes, but the player models and animations in pes are of a far higher quality than fifa.

footyfan said:
frame rate is good on xbox suprisingly, graphics and presentation are pretty good, stadium, and pitches look better than pes, but the player models and animations in pes are of a far higher quality than fifa.

In no way shampe or form are pes animations better than this years fifa

have u had a look at the keepers and the way players go down, even in a ariel tussle

Re: EA Sports FIFA 2007

Jack Bauer said:
The only way to unlock it currently is to do two country's worth of unlocks (complete every challenge available in two countries, there's a list of them in the "Fan Shop" somewhere).

They're exactly the same as the XBOX version - the XBOX version is ported to PC and PS2 so the graphics across all of them are identical. They're good, but not great (I would say they are lots better than Pro Evo's graphics but a lot of people seem to think FIFA's are ugly all-round which I just can't see) - framerate is good, not problematic.

just keep an eye on fifa fan sites. You'll be able to unlock everything I I'd image. I just want proper pitch textures!

My only gripe so far with ps2 fifa is the way the players look I much prefer the player models that winning eleven use that said its a good all round effort this year,They have almost caught konami up this time which can only be a good thing.

kevano22 said:

Kevano, are those movies from PC or PS2?

HAHAHA, sorry - jflores, did you read what he wrote? :D Read it all the way through again (hint: take an extra few minutes to read the very first thing he writes)... :D

How to change the controls to the new type controls for the pc's gamepad
every time I try to change the game pad's control from clssic to the new type I cant save it to my profile

jflores said:
Kevano, are those movies from PC or PS2?

Originally Posted by kevano22
ok people heres a few more vids of the xbox version.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...74759&hl=en-GB - Ronaldinho curler goal

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...93120&hl=en-GB - Ronalinho flick and pass

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...14660&hl=en-GB - Turn and skill

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...22902&hl=en-GB - Super volley and save off bar

lol open you eyes :shock: :-\" 8-[

Yes, and lots (although not all of the transfers are *that* realistic, Nedved to Inter in the first week for example).

Does anyone have an overview on what teams/stadiums are in the PS2-version of Fifa 2007? Can't seem to find it anywhere.

90% of the bad reviews I've seen have been five words or less, which says to me "fanboy" straight away. I'm still plugging away on FIFA and absolutely loving it. Seems to be a case of you either love it or hate it...

got my xbox copy today for £10 as i had a debenhams gift card sitting in my wallet which i totally forgot about. :)

will play it tonight..

Jack Bauer said:
90% of the bad reviews I've seen have been five words or less, which says to me "fanboy" straight away. I'm still plugging away on FIFA and absolutely loving it. Seems to be a case of you either love it or hate it...

I dont hate it, i wouldnt say i love it either, the game itself is nothing more than a step in the right direction from EA, the thing i dont like about is that you dont have to work for shots on goal nevermind goals. when it comes down to it, its too damn easy to score, and for me that just makes the lifespan of the game very short.

Positives

Desent control system, pretty much simplified copy of pes's.
Ball phsyics are better than previous attemepts, but are still miles behind pes's.
Can play some nice football, the trigger run works quite well.
Nice graphics and sound, and nice replay animations.

Negatives

Too easy to score, leading too no feeling of joy when you score.
Shooting is way to powerful and just looks out of tone with the nice paced passing.
Change man while defending is very poor
Animations and models look poor while playing the game.
Kit textures are awful
Finishing one on ones feels very scripted, leading to very unsatisfying feeling when you score.
The AI is poor and very easy to beat, example "I am not a fifa player yesterday was the first time i have played any of the fifa games for more than a half in the last 9 years, but after about 20 games i played chesterfield v Man City on semi pro and beat City 4-1" this should not be happening.

Overall its ok, but dont expect it to last more than 3 weeks before you relise how shallow it is. and have seen everything it has to offer.

Ive already gone back to playing we9le with kitserver, Fifa 07 has made me appreciate how much better and how much more depth the gameplay has on PES.

Last edited:
El Diego said:
Jack that is fair enough. Do you like the PES games?
I've played PES for almost ten years and it's getting to the point now where I'm not looking forward to the new versions. I love the gameplay, everybody does, but I've played all of the competitions in it ten years ago, it's never changed. Why play a game you completed (and played everybody you knew on it) eight years ago? Just because the players move better? It's my birthday next month and I've told everybody not to get me PES, which is the first time I've ever done that.

Even if the 360 FIFA turns out crap, even if I get bored of the current-gen version, I won't be buying Pro this year. It's had enough chances, the guys who make it make it for the Japanese market, who must love "Master Leagues" and all the other "fantasy" crap that's in it. I've given them my money for years on end, even buying the three extra Jap versions per year, so that they could take that money and hire people to add more content to the game. They haven't, and they've had long enough, so as far as I'm concerned, Seabass can go and jump in a lake. I'm not interested any more. I used to hate EA and love Konami, and now it's swapped around. At least EA are trying to catch up. PES6 is nothing more than a high-definition PES5 with shite goalkeepers, if WE10 is anything to go by.

The online aspect of PES6 would be the only thing to tempt me. But if they let you cheat, like they do in every other 360 game (the top 100 online players in Burnout for example all have a ping of about 7,532,642,164), then I'll stick to FIFA offline. At least the players aren't on rails and do *SHOCK HORROR KONAMI!!* what you press for them to do, without running the ball out in a straight line.

I'm not saying FIFA is the best game in the world, it's not and there are things that PES clearly does better. But even if PES had officially the best gameplay in the world, twice as good as any other PES before it, I've done everything the game has to offer already, single-player and multiplayer-wise, so I am completely uninterested in any new developments in the game until they delete the master league and add a real management mode. I would rather play nothing than the same game I've been playing since college.

Last edited:
nice debrief Jack, I've got the game today, I like the sound effects and the commentary, but after using kitserver with pes5, I think fifa 07 looks very shoddy.

I'm gonna give it a good few days before I slag it off, but I'm not over the moon with it.

Good review Jack, I totally agree. PES6 doesn't promise anything worth getting it for this year. No revolutionary enhancements to the structure of the game, just a few tweaks to PES5 (changing things back to the way they were mostly with passing, crosses, etc.) that they shouldn't have screwed about with between PES3 and PES5 anyway.

FIFA this year is fun, it's got depth and it's a challenge (on the harder levels anyway, semi-pro is way too eay and you really have to play the game, get used to it and then move up to pro or World Class ASAP to get a more realistic feel). I love feeling in control of what I do as opposed to PES5 and WE10 where I feel Konami is deciding what I do by either making the CPU players magnetic to the ball or ensuring my players react slower.

FIFA got better last year (06) but was still too far behind PES gameplay to keep with. This year is another leap. It's not too difficult to imagine that either this years 360 version or FIFA right across the board next year is going to match or surpass PES as Konami seemed to have given up on true progress.

Konami are still too busy making dog heads or animal heads to put in the unlock section rather than making for instance, realistic stadium banners or flags (I mean seriously... "Who ate all the pies?"). Too busy doing too much other stuff with too many other titles to worry about dynamic weather, a handball system that works, a customizable league structure, referees that understand what and when a red card is deserved and what constitutes a shoulder barge and what a foul actually is.

Sorry Konami, I love your PES/WE titles but you just don't give a crap anymore. EA have at least shown this year they've taken to heart a lot of the complaints. I mean, who the freak would have thought they would be releasing transfers patches so soon? Customer service. It's what customers want.

If only they were this focused on Real games... :)

confifa102.jpg

confifa311.jpg

confifa283.jpg

confifa315.jpg

confifa387.jpg

airjoca said:
Soon after this photo was taken, the eagle escaped, pecked out the eyes of the nervous-looking bird handler, and attacked the two players. The players then announced their retirement from football to play (and sponsor) all future FIFA products instead.

Back
Top Bottom