Everton Thread

Re: Everton Thread

Howard: Everton have depth

Tim_Howard_609250.jpg

Tim Howard believes Everton have the squad depth to continue to fight on four fronts.

Currently sixth in the Premier League, Everton turn their attentions to Saturday's FA Cup third-round home tie with Oldham before embarking on Tuesday's Carling Cup semi-final first leg away to Chelsea.

Then it will be back into UEFA Cup action next month. And after a hectic holiday period goalkeeper Howard believes Everton can cope with the demands that are coming their way.

The 2-0 New Year's Day victory over Middlesbrough was the perfect tonic following the 4-1 defeat at the hands of Arsenal last week and Howard cannot wait for the cup ties.

He said: "It is a task in terms of trying to refocus and resetting your priorities.

"The league is behind us now for a while and we have got the cups so we have to focus on them. But after them we have got to get right back to the league and put that on the front burner.

"But we are looking forward to a good weekend and we are up for it. The boss (David Moyes) wants success on all fronts and everybody else wants it too. We are all on the same page and he is pushing us day in day out."

With the likes of Tim Cahill, Joseph Yobo and Mikel Arteta missing from the win at The Riverside, Howard hailed the strength in depth of the Everton squad.

Injuries

He said: "We have taken a couple of key injuries and the red card with Mikel Arteta. But we got a good result at Middlesbrough, always a difficult place to play, and that says a lot about our squad and the passion we have to play for this club.

"The manager and the players wanted a big squad to challenge each other and push each other for these type of reasons. You get injuries and you need other people to perform, and they do it.

"We have shown some resilience. It was two difficult losses coming up against the top teams recently. That was difficult to take, especially the pasting we got against Arsenal.

"So we had a little bit of pride at stake and we did well at Middlesbrough. Now we aim to continue that in the cup ties coming up.

"That is the sign of a good team and I think we are getting there. You take a difficult defeat, lick your wounds come back stronger and we did that."

breakin.png

Fernandes unhappy in spain!

FernandesGETTY_468x359.jpg

EXCLUSIVE

Everton boss David Moyes is ready to sign Manuel Fernandes for a second time - and forgive him for a massive snub.

The Portuguese star snubbed the Goodison club to join Valencia in the summer after a successful loan spell last season and Moyes (inset) was furious about his decision.

But now the manager wants to take the talented 20-year-old midfielder on loan for the rest of the campaign after being tipped off that he is unhappy in Spain.

Fernandes has started just three games in La Liga and would welcome the chance of some first-team action.

Advertisement
Moyes needs an extra midfield recruit and a loan move would be perfect for his requirements. He has little money to spend and would jump at making Fernandes his second signing of the window.

But Fernandes would have to come on Moyes' terms - and not be guaranteed a game - as the Goodison gaffer is still smarting over what happened when the Portuguese jilted the club at the last minute.

But the move comes at the right time for Moyes, Everton and Fernandes, with the player's agent working on sorting out the terms on a move.

Moyes has asked some of the Everton players about the idea and most are in agreement that Fernandes would be an asset as they try to close on a Champions League finish.

Fernandes was a decent success in the side last time round, although there were questions about his fitness.

Problems over third-party ownership in his Benfica contract have been removed in the move to Valencia, so the switch should happen.

Everton are letting Scottish left-back Paddy Boyle go to Plymouth - as part of the deal to sign England youth starlet Dan Gosling.

Boyle has headed to Home Park and is set to sign on loan for the rest of the season and may be allowed to make his debut in the FA Cup.

The player has been unable to break into the Blues side, but Argyle boss Paul Sturrock thinks he will fit into his plans and the move could be permanent.

Last edited:

Just for the record i would not have him back because he broke my heart last year (sniff sniff). nah fair play moysesia! have him back on your terms if not , sure its not like we need him much! If he did show up and wanted to play , was thinkin we might just have the best attack and midfield options in the premier league ;)

IN MOYES WE TRUST...

he'll not be welcome back and moyesy has said its untrue. im glad we should be going for people who want to play for the shirt and not the money.

ps manny was arrested and released on bail, apparently ina club in spain he bottled someone haha, we dont need that at our club.

moyesy sign up pienaar permanently hes the peoples favourite son at the minute!!!

COYB easy win tomo, 3-0 yak (2) and AJ to score

I hope Manuel Fernandes just keeps his fall on football... As a Benfica fan, we were all very excited for such talented guy on our youth team...He won the league with Benfica (as a first team regular with 18 years old), made a nice Champions League the year after (Quarter Finals) and then decided to force his exit.. And he made it to Portsmouth (!!)..our fans were very dissapointed.
He joined Everton, and when his loan spell finished he returned to Lisbon saying that it would be always a pleasure playing for Benfica...He made whole pre-season, the day before our first season match (3rd Qualification Round for Champions League) he just says that he won't go with the team, forcing his exit again, and leaving the team without one of the guys in midfield hours before such important game. Then, he snubs Everton on last minute...
Guys like him won't get far, no matter how much talented they are..and to be honest I'm thrilled he's doing so bad at Valencia...getting into problems, etc.

yes pete the magic of the cup, strange game considering we have been scoring non stop all season and from all over the pitch etc, they had one effort and it hit the back of the net, we couldnt do that today so fair doo! Most of the kids out again obvious that moyes had one eye on the semifinal! Not an excuse the team we played with should have been enough to do the job, ahh well always next year.....;)

so the little men who live below the top three got out of jail against luton town and they have the nerve to taunt us about oldham , we had an excuse at least with the semi final an all (not really) ;) but they had nothing, So funny that our club will bring out a DVD to generate revenue for our club rather than selling their souls to the Americans. I know I'd prefer to buy a DVD. wouldnt you my toffee friends ;)

Blue till i die , In moyes we trust.

Fernandes on his way for medical!

breakin.png

FernandesGETTY_468x359.jpg

deal close for toffee`s.
by setantasports.com staff, 04 January 2008

Manuel Fernandes’ agent has revealed to setantasports.com that the Valencia midfielder is undergoing a medical with a view to completing a loan move to Everton.

The Portuguese winger spent a spell on loan at Goodison Park last season and irked Toffees officials by opting to move to the Mestalla after verbally agreeing to join the Merseyside club.

After David Moyes earlier dismissed a return for Fernandes the 21-year-old’s agent, Jorge Mendes, has told setantasports.com that his client is now preparing to return to the North West of England subject to the successful completion of negotiations.

"The agreement for the loan is complete but we wait for official confirmation from Valencia,” Mendes revealed.

Mendes told setantasports.com that he had met with Los Che sporting director Miguel Angel Ruiz to thrash out a deal which will see Fernandes join The Toffees until the end of the season.

Having paid a fee of around €18 million (£13.5m) for Fernandes only last summer, Valencia coach Ronald Koeman is believed to have sanctioned a move after failing to find a place in his plans for the player.

Last edited:

carling_cup_logo_300.gif

Carling Cup Semi-Final Preview

EVERTON V`S CHELSEA

Stevie p laaa to play at chelski!!!{The peoples favourite son ;) eh chico}

Another blue4life Exclusive.

PienaarCele_468x322.jpg

David Moyes expects Steven Pienaar to play at Chelsea.

Everton had been negotiating with the South African Football Association in order to secure Pienaar's services for the first leg of the Carling Cup semi final on Tuesday.

But recent reports in South Africa said the international management were expecting Pienaar to join the squad on Sunday.

And now Moyes is highlighting the 14-day rule to lay claim to the midfielder, who is on loan from Borussia Dortmund.

Fifa regulations say a country can claim their player 14 days before international action.

The African Cup of Nations begins on January 20, but South Africa aren't in action until January 23 - which is 15 days after the game at Stamford Bridge.

Yakubu and joseph yobo will also start ahead of african nations cup in which they will represent nigeria , cahill and howard to return after a wee rest.

d000465DEea2f5749dc43.jpg

But the spanish wizardry of Mikel Arteta will be a big loss to the high flying Evertonians.

Mikel_Arteta_609435.jpg

carling_cup_logo_300.gif

Last edited:
Re: An Everton View 07/08

Fair play, you put a lot of work into this thread mate, good for you! :)

Fair play, you put a lot of work into this thread mate, good for you! :)

Ha HA somebody noticed!!!
thanks mate , i have too much love for this club , I`M IN LOVE!!!

:lol:

EVERTON WAS MY 1ST LOVE AND IT WILL BE MY LAST!!

i work with a evertonion fan so i hear lots about them and convinced into watching them and i must say im impressed a side to watch out for

the premier league is getting more interesting every year

no one though arsenal would be as good and it is a surprise that they are no one thought tottenham wud slip up back to their old selves so i guess this is why it is the best league in the world

and good luck everton hope you stop the kop getting in champs league

Great game yesterday !!your fans were absolutely fantastic:applause::applause:,i think you were a bit unlucky with the second goal as maybe it was a foul,anyway i expect a great game at Goodison

Was indeed a great game and a great performance , over the moon with the away goal , so it sits at 2-1 to chelsea pretty much the same as 1-1 because if they score at goodison we were always going to have to score any way , so like i said delighted aint the word and cant wait till the 2nd leg COYB

efc__1183736428_breaking-350x180-2.jpg

Fernandes set for Toffees return

Fernandes_Manuel_561510.jpg

Manuel Fernandes is flying to England to complete a loan move back to Everton.

David Moyes claimed earlier this week that he was unaware of a move for the 21-year-old, who spent a highly successful spell with the Toffees last year.

Everton had Fernandes lined up for a permanent deal last summer and agreed terms with Benfica - but he shunned a switch to Merseyside in favour of a move to Valencia.

However, the move to Mestalla has not gone according to plan and he has started just five league games this term.

Fernandes is now ready to return to Goodison Park on a loan deal until the end of the season, with a view to finally sealing a permanent move to Everton.

Fernandes is set for a medical and a deal should be finalised before the weekend's clash with Manchester City.

welcome back manny!

coyb bring on the chelsea the redshite and anyone else who dares challenge the mighty efc.....

2008 January 12
Games between the two teams

Games

Draw

Everton
won 51

Man City
won 56

Played at Everton

Games

Draw

Everton
won 37

Man City
won 14

COME ON YOU BLES BEAT THE DIRTY MANCS!!!!!!!!!!

hmmm still no word on manny , everton saying that theres no need to forgive him as it was simply taking way too long to sort the deal because he was not owned by a club but three different agents , valencia came in at the last moment and the lad had a decision to make! Hope things work out then in that case with efc looking to take him until the end of season with a view to buying ;)

go tthe net in the crib now unc! good times, get your compp sorted and get pes 2008 and ill challenge ya!

Fernandes is a class player. Always a question over his temprement for there aren't many angels out there playing football.

You are building a class squad, you really are.

I agree. I see Everton entering the Top 4 (or Top 5) in the next couple of years before Tottenham and Blackburn. They have fantastic footballers, and a great manager.

They already are top 5 in my opinion. They are a better all round team than Spurs.

But yes, its good for the league.

Spurs, City, Everton, Blackburn, Portsmouth, Villa could all be fighting for 5th. Hand on heart, I don't think Liverpool will slip into 5th, it will be close though and I'll be looking over my shoulder ;)

Back
Top Bottom