eFootball (All Platforms)

To me it's clear there likely won't be a master league of any kind.

1. The Konami mouthpiece they sent out to speak to IGN made it very clear that they've focused on 1 to 1 play rather than playing against the AI.
2. The roadmap runs until the beginning of 2022 and doesn't even have a mention of master league. Konami aren't completely brain dead (although it may seem that way at times). If master league was coming then they'd have mentioned it as they're fully aware what a huge mode it is for many people especially long time fans of the game.
3. The game is now free to play. The aim is to push people towards buying coins/packs or whatever they're flogging in the re-branded MyClub. It would make no sense to push people towards a game mode where they can spend hours and hours playing without buying anything.

I fully expect them to ditch entire leagues altogether as well now it's basically online only, I think launching with only 9 teams is a sign of this. Why bother including and keeping up to date teams like Barnsley, Cambuur or Alcorcon etc when nobody is going to be using these teams online? My expectation is they'll eventually have around 100 teams in total made up of the best from each league and then a couple of others like the Greek teams or the top AFC teams etc.

The more I read about eFootball, the more I think "I've seen this elsewhere"... And no, it's not Fortnite I'm talking about.

Then, a sudden flash of memory brought back a game that I thought I had forgotten.

FIFA_World_Version_8_title_screen.jpg

The same format (digital, online-only), the same focus (FUT and MyClub)... We all know how much it lasted.

At least FIFA World had the "regular" seasons in which you could pick a team (I used to use Levante) and try to bring it to the top of Div.1 (needless to say that I reached Div.2 with a lot of struggle and out of, say, 200 matches, 190 were against Real Madrid/Barça/Chelsea/Manchester United).
It was fun though while it lasted, and in FUT it would even let you "mix" players from different seasons which was an interesting feature.

Can't see anything like that in eFootball though.

I am still holding on to some hope that they will release a next gen version of the game somehow. Maybe it had to get pushed back a year because they ran out of time and they figured this was their next best option.

That's what i think too. The PS5/Serie X game would be out far too late, like in April 2022.
I don't think at all it will be worst. We already talked about it with a close to PES friend, he feared that the game will be... What it will be now, and not really next-gen but cross-plateform, and that we will only get something in terms of graphics and gameplay something like that for 2022.

As i didn't get news at all, and usually he get it far before (remember i'm the one behind the Pesuniverse database, well not all like Partizan, and some others i didn't got the time to rebuild faces and stats, but tons of teams including actual MLS and 15 others Euro, all Bundes faces, since PES 2020)

No i pray about a recycled ML or something like that. Or a simple ML like before. Q/A asking "no regen on ML" was dating from a long time ago for PES 2022... Not impossible that this stuff was at least implemented.
But the new guy Kimura don't inspire me thrust, he looks like a guy trowing stuff from people he don't like on the toilet.

There's not only PC players here. If we could change minifaces, get rid of licenced kits and modify presets, well even with the IG editor it shouldn't be impossible to do something for PS players at least.
But i'll wait if there's an edit mode on Efootball, and at least PL and others Fifpro league. I don't hope too much, but it's not that impossible, for Efootball gamer if they want to play with Man City as an example... Then that's what the DLC may serve.
Not enough teams, no Real neither etc. It's too restrictive they got to have at least a database... There's teams they can't do without it. Even if it's a bit restricted.

What's ticking me is the recent deal with AFC nations cup. I don't know sincerely what to think.
For the minifaces and the annoying grey silhouettes in gameplan, i had a very specific view since they introduced them. At least for consoles. They could add the ability in edit mode, to edit them , taking a mugshot of our created players as they appear in game, in similar way they appear in Individual Titles screen, World/Europe/Asia best Player, i mean the mechanics are already in game.

I mean just let us position our player in edit mode, take a photo capture and place it without background as a cyber-miniface.. of course on a hypothetical PES game..Now it seems pointless.

minifacepes.jpg

Seitaro Kimura, eFootball producer, on offline:
"We made the game so that people would have fun playing against other players, since it is more exciting than playing against an AI."

giphy.gif
Yeah

More exciting to play against people who all play the same frenetic gameplay with ultra assisted passing, non stop forward 1-2 passes and non stop ultra High pressure, exploiting every glitch with zero sportsmanship.

No thank you. Online is Just occasionally when Im Fed up with the cheating cpu lack of variety between matchs.

I shared my thoughts earlier and decided to share them on reddit as well. For whatever reason my post was removed and given how long the mods take to respond to me in the past, I'd rather not bother anymore. A shame really.

I look forward to PES 2021 update being modded till the end of time lol

For the minifaces and the annoying grey silhouettes in gameplan, i had a very specific view since they introduced them. At least for consoles. They could add the ability in edit mode, to edit them , taking a mugshot of our created players as they appear in game, in similar way they appear in Individual Titles screen, World/Europe/Asia best Player, i mean the mechanics are already in game.

I mean just let us position our player in edit mode, take a photo capture and place it without background as a cyber-miniface.. of course on a hypothetical PES game..Now it seems pointless.

View attachment 111528
There were faces on PES 2013, it was a capture of the face you made or added (copy face option). Minifaces, but not on the gameplan, only when you checked a player stats etc.
It was automatic. Sad it doesn't change automatically like in the past, at least for created players.

Well i talked about PS4, so impossible to change. If we could delete a player, not on free agents but put him on another "place" which he won't appears in ML then recreate him with a fake ID yes. There's also the issue with market values, but we may do the same if we could erase every player, market value based on Reputation we can change with tools, even if it's not like in reality, at least it will be the same system for every players, so no difference. The strongest and better reputation the player got, the higher his value will be. I'm good with that even if it's not exactly Transfermarkt value, it's still a game.

View attachment 111528
I absolutely can't stand those gray silhouettes, it looks so amateurish, they should just add this option you're suggesting, or the option to add a .PNG file like we already do for crests and kits, or at the very least give us the option to turn the faces off, personally I prefer the look of the gameplan in PES 2011 to PES2013 and PES2015 to PES2016, where it was just circles, because it's appropriate since you're setting up the GamePlan and it looks exactly like one of those magnetic tactical boards that managers use, it's more immersive in a way, I loved it, if I had the option I'd switch back to that when playing with a team that has a bunch of gray silhouettes.

The more I read about eFootball, the more I think "I've seen this elsewhere"... And no, it's not Fortnite I'm talking about.

Then, a sudden flash of memory brought back a game that I thought I had forgotten.

The same format (digital, online-only), the same focus (FUT and MyClub)... We all know how much it lasted.

At least FIFA World had the "regular" seasons in which you could pick a team (I used to use Levante) and try to bring it to the top of Div.1 (needless to say that I reached Div.2 with a lot of struggle and out of, say, 200 matches, 190 were against Real Madrid/Barça/Chelsea/Manchester United).
It was fun though while it lasted, and in FUT it would even let you "mix" players from different seasons which was an interesting feature.

I didnt even know this existed. And the funny and sad part of It is that It looks more like football than the main current game.

Personnally don't dislike online modes such as Division, but i like much more mode with players selling, training, with a good CPU (wasn't that bad in my opinion).
On PES 6 for example it was only Online. From PES 1 to PES 4 it was ML, and PES 5 was a mix, it was the debut of online so it was fun even if there were some lags... It was a change. Also on FIFA 08 to 14 as it's similar to offline (well, i'll pass some version...) as they've got dedicated servers.

But since i edit, i like to get my created teams and play with them. It fell fresh, as i took much more attention when i create than some Data and Face Editor in PES for lower leagues teams.

I'm not sure I'm getting this, is this a rumour about PES2022 based on speculation about it's direction or are we seriously not getting a game next year? I can totally understand why they're doing what they're doing, I just can't believe they're diving head first into abandoning an entire segment of their fan base.

Would you believe me if I said fifa 20 is the worst football game in history to everyone I met and talked about football games for half of entirety of 2020 and late 2019? and then I found realistic sliders recently , and along with me sitting and recreating wonderkids for clubs all around europe in edit mode , doing my best with their faces and stuff, along with accurate transfers for many clubs (yes even second divisons) and other clubs , on my xbox, really made me like fifa 20 so much more again, recently I started an everton career mode, also if someone looks at the snippets of FIFA 22 gameplay closely, you can see that there are some good elements of PES 2020 / 2021 taken by EA gameplay directors, because EA are smart
Hated FIFA 20 when it came out ,now it's my 3rd-4th most played FIFA.
I have 7 season's on it ,I actually found the 1v1 defending an extra spice and difficulty ,because you couldn't relax Vs the CPU.
You can be 1-0 up ,and make one bad move and they hit you with an equaliser.
Fifa 21 ön the other hand...
The attacking ai is garbage in that one.

Edit:sorry , thought I was in the FIFA 22 thread

I loved this game back in 2014. Nostalgic 😔

I guess that's it for me then.
You know what I have it gives a rebuttal to this:

"We made the game so that people would have fun playing against other players, since it is more exciting than playing against an AI."

You see it doesn't work like that. When it comes to singleplayer experiences, the developer has more control. We are playing something sculpted, more tailored to the experience the developer wants us to have. But there's a reason the box says (well when we did have boxes), 'experience may differ online'. Because we the players determine the online experience. We determine how it's played. We determine the meta. We determine what works and what doesn't.

One of the most difficult aspects of online gaming is balance. Just about every developer struggles in some regard with this. We know this because characters, weapons, skills, move sets etc, are constantly being buffed and nerfed.

Routinely players will find something that a developer didn't consider or realize would be possible. An NBA 2K developer straight up responded 'wait that shouldn't be possible' when a Twitter user shared his character's build.

Because online gaming's best aspect, its biggest pitfall, and the sheer reason it exists, is the community itself. The community is a mad scientist that will find anything and everything possible about a game.

Online gaming can be great. But it also can literally be ruined by someine because he feels like it. Or someone who feels like racism is funny. Or is blasting music in the background. Or is cheating. Or by abusing the latest exploitable mechanic. And there's really nothing the devs can do to stop that. You can fix gameplay issues. You can't fix the people that play them.

So you can't definitely say you've made something that is fun you play with users because we, the community, are the ones who determine that.

P.S., I've seen the way the majority of the community actually plays this game online. Not for me. So if that's your attitude to offline, then count me out.

Like many, I'm extremely disappointed by the news today. My PES story isn’t as long as some here but I converted over to PES after the 20 demo. At that time, Konami’s focus was getting back to their bread and butter, simulates GP. I started on PS4, got so hooked, I got a gaming PC just to play with all the awesome mods here on evoweb. They also were in year 2 of their ML revamped. From a FIFA convert, the direction Konami was going was one that provided the value to the nitch market (offline gamers) that FIFA was abandoning.

In the short time since, Konami has done a complete 180. The truth of the matter is, the offline community isn't their focus and hasn't been for sports game in-general since the expansion of micro-transactions. I have a business so I understand why game publishers are going this route. It's has the highest revenue with the less amount of operating expenses. You create F2P and force annual resets to keep the cash flowing in.

I said the other day in the PES 22 Modding forum that they’re literally doing the same thing as EA now and I don’t think this approach will work for them for a few reasons:

1. They don’t have the license. Do they really think having 10-15 license teams and stadiums is going to be sufficient for their causal arcade crowd?

2. Their gameplay is much more simulated then FIFA ice skating but their target market doesn’t care about that. Mobile games aren’t full simulations, they can’t be. Couple with point 1, does Konami think their mobile GP will really wow over the bicycle kick and rocket goal crowd?

In that PES 22 Modding forum I said “If you’re Konami, what do you do? Alienate your PC base and play second fiddle to EA? Or do you keep the hardcore offline audience happy by alllowing the game to be modulated?”.

My hope was they’d at least create a base product with exceptional next gen GP and easy enough for the PC community to mod because my hope was that they wouldn’t kick the old guys when they’re down, but at the end of the day, that’s exactly what they did.

I believe business wise, they made the wrong choice here and will never capitalize the way they’re hoping with this model. I hope personally I am right because of the gut punch today. Let’s hope this invites a 3rd developer to the party.

RIP PES, you were like a girl that I had the best honeymoon with just to divorce because someone younger caught your eye.

The only main difference is that:
-Fifa world was conceived as an experiment for the future mobile version
-On Pes it's the opposite: Mobile game as an experiment, and now here we are.

TTB's vid is up

There are some reasons that convince me it is a mobile footage
- Feet clipping into the ball and into the grass
- Low frame rate
- No facial expressions during dribble
- Feet sometimes don't touch the ball at all (you can see that when Piqué is tackling the fake player in game)
- Skating animations
- Bad body models (they have fixed big calves from PES 2013 but they ruined it again) also they are back to the big long shorts like the ones in PES 2016
- The fucking defensive AI of the opponent, they look like when you play against your 5 year old brother or when you used to play AC Milan vs the fake teams with bald players in PES 6
- The grass looks ass

And there are other reasons that convince me it is not mobile
- Adapted the consoles and PC to mobile graphics, which is by far their actual approach.

Would like to know what y'all think

The bits with Iniesta and Pique are just too much..
100% sure the iniesta part was recorded a couple of years ago, and for the Pique part they just showed up unnanounced at Barca training and videocalled him at 7am
Judging by those black Asics, they were released in mid February, he wore them from May to June, so does not seem to be an old recording to me

Back
Top Bottom