eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (PC)

my rant goes on and on, i simply cannot believe how frustrating this game is, the handicap in ML is just atricious, i can on all day with articles about how bad the ai and the handicap, how blatantly lazy the design of the game s ai and difficulty is, it is just so bad, my player sergi roberto simply doesn t want to clear the ball from the right hand side, and always always, the opponent ai will win the ball fight tussle, i didn t save the goal video but i could nt i was simply outraged of it i rage quitted the game, my defender does nt wanna respond to what i press, and then the header clearance from the cross is dropped btw the legs of the attacker, with no one else defending him....it is just raging this game in ML....unplayable sorry, i don t want to hear anyone defend this game IN ML, it is unplayable,and massively immersion breaking.
sorry but i m not even trying ML anymore , im on vanilla gameplay by the way, i only will play exhibition matches, because that is where the game shines.

i just cannot understand this game, on assisted, and 1 bar passing, it is just rigid, it s not enjoyable at all on superstar, u can t work ur way through as u want, it s just a rigid game, messi is like he isn t even there, it s like i don t have suarez as a striker, dembele, is totally slow and bad,... man the attack just isn t there, u can t score, there s always this rigidity that does nt let u go close to the area to shoot and score, it is just a bad design for the game, for christ sake im playing barcelona, not some sunday league club with 60 rated players, man the amount of annoying stuff happening on superstar is just atrocious, i could go on on and on, man, khalas, i m not playing this game anymore even on league mode, it s just rigid

I don't say this lightly but for me personally this game is a masterpiece. The replayability is endless on full manual legendary. Every game is different and hard work, yet fair and logical.

As long as you accept and fully adept to the the gameplay / AI (which is based on modern football), imho no outcome is unreasonable when taking into account your own attitude, input and team/players abilities. I'm not talking ML. I only play friendlies against CPU with my form arrow to the max and the CPU arrow down. Its the perfect balance for me.

Its all in the eye of the beholder of course but its been since PES5 since i would scream it out when i score. And never before have i applauded CPU goals against, which i do now frequently.

You however may bash this game all you want and i will probably agree with most of it. But nevertheless, the enjoyment, stories and challenge is there for anyone who wants it.

I don't say this lightly but for me personally this game is a masterpiece. The replayability is endless on full manual legendary. Every game is different and hard work, yet fair and logical.

As long as you accept and fully adept to the the gameplay / AI (which is based on modern football), imho no outcome is unreasonable when taking into account your own attitude, input and team/players abilities. I'm not talking ML. I only play friendlies against CPU with my form arrow to the max and the CPU arrow down. Its the perfect balance for me.

Its all in the eye of the beholder of course but its been since PES5 since i would scream it out when i score. And never before have i applauded CPU goals against, which i do now frequently.

You however may bash this game all you want and i will probably agree with most of it. But nevertheless, the enjoyment, stories and challenge is there for anyone who wants it.

Well said, totally agree, and despite its flaws I still cannot go without playing this game every few days. Ive played PES2021 season update more than any other football game, simply because it just never gets boring.
It is my ultimate goto football game, and to be honest this'll keep on making me happy until something exceeds it - could be 3-5 years away with Konami totally losing its mojo.

Now, I have to say, a big thanks to Holland for making this masterpiece, an even greater masterpiece. Over the last year he has come up with many great gameplay mods to make this game quite a bit better. But now, yesterday I think, there is a new gamechanger of a gameplay mod. Its called "STORM", his latest mod, and holy moly, this is a gamechanger. Played a few games last night, and it brings PES2021 to a totally new level. I play full manual, friendlies - mainly on superstar, sometimes on Legendary (which is quite challenging - but most of time in an unrealistic cpu being overpowered kind of way). No wonder you, PESV, put your arrows up, and cpu down. But you gotta try the new "STORM" mod on Legendary. As Holland describes the mod, he "discovered the address that caused the CPU boost". Legendary is so much more free now (particularly when on the ball attacking), with minimal cheating. Seems like so much more is possible, and the variety of attack and error variety has definitely improved. Haven't tried it on superstar yet, will give it a go tonight. But these kind of revolutionary mods, where these talented modders are discovering more tweaks with origional pes21 code, is further expanding the replayablity factor. This game just keeps getting better...

Just wished Konami made the pes21 era a 4-5 year cycle instead of 3 before going the pathetic efootball route, and just kept making additions to the awesome pes2021 code... increased animations, variety (shots, errors, ai attack etc).

how have u managed to play manual?? i can t , i can t score unless i cross the ball sometimes meeting the attacker s head, it s so hard to play full manual simply for the fact that if u want to pass the ball and ur in tight place, the direction is just so hard to get right or u will throw it out of play
it takes a lot of patience.
It took me a few attempts.
I gave up, like two or three times....always went back to assisted.

But then I kept playing for weeks, even it was frustrating at times, but the more you play, the more you get used to it and now I´m so glad I stayed disciplined.
Can´t play it assited no more.

I hope that the brilliant modders and members of the community stick around, who knows what modders could unlock/discover in the code of PES. I wish there was a way to add new leagues/cups like the rest of the EFL, and more early rounds of the UEFA competitions.

Hi folks!!
im looking for best tactics 21/22 mod as well as player stats uploaded to this season
thanks in advance

Well said, totally agree, and despite its flaws I still cannot go without playing this game every few days. Ive played PES2021 season update more than any other football game, simply because it just never gets boring.
It is my ultimate goto football game, and to be honest this'll keep on making me happy until something exceeds it - could be 3-5 years away with Konami totally losing its mojo.

Now, I have to say, a big thanks to Holland for making this masterpiece, an even greater masterpiece. Over the last year he has come up with many great gameplay mods to make this game quite a bit better. But now, yesterday I think, there is a new gamechanger of a gameplay mod. Its called "STORM", his latest mod, and holy moly, this is a gamechanger. Played a few games last night, and it brings PES2021 to a totally new level. I play full manual, friendlies - mainly on superstar, sometimes on Legendary (which is quite challenging - but most of time in an unrealistic cpu being overpowered kind of way). No wonder you, PESV, put your arrows up, and cpu down. But you gotta try the new "STORM" mod on Legendary. As Holland describes the mod, he "discovered the address that caused the CPU boost". Legendary is so much more free now (particularly when on the ball attacking), with minimal cheating. Seems like so much more is possible, and the variety of attack and error variety has definitely improved. Haven't tried it on superstar yet, will give it a go tonight. But these kind of revolutionary mods, where these talented modders are discovering more tweaks with origional pes21 code, is further expanding the replayablity factor. This game just keeps getting better...

Just wished Konami made the pes21 era a 4-5 year cycle instead of 3 before going the pathetic efootball route, and just kept making additions to the awesome pes2021 code... increased animations, variety (shots, errors, ai attack etc).
Thanks aussie, I did fiddle around with a previous Holland mod but somehow playing football games on the PC hasn't clicked with me yet the same way it does when on the PS4 (even though both are in the same location). I guess it mainly had to do with the PS4 controller constantly falling away on PC. Also, the extra hassle of getting things to work is something i usually can enjoy but in my current phase of life the quick match on a console is just much much more convenient.

I now have a 8bitdo pro 2 and that one is really stable so i will definitely give it another shot and see how far the mods have come.

Thanks aussie, I did fiddle around with a previous Holland mod but somehow playing football games on the PC hasn't clicked with me yet the same way it does when on the PS4 (even though both are in the same location). I guess it mainly had to do with the PS4 controller constantly falling away on PC. Also, the extra hassle of getting things to work is something i usually can enjoy but in my current phase of life the quick match on a console is just much much more convenient.

I now have a 8bitdo pro 2 and that one is really stable so i will definitely give it another shot and see how far the mods have come.
I use a PS4 controller, hadn't had any issues so far with PES.

I would like to know if when passing and shooting are set to manual if player attributes (passing and shooting) have any influence.
Or if the success of the move will only depend on who is controlling the player (me in this case)
??

Manual shooting is definitely attribute-influenced...shooting with certain players is way more powerful then others....
Not sure about passing or passing/shooting accuracy.... Id like to think it is.

i just cannot understand this game, on assisted, and 1 bar passing, it is just rigid, it s not enjoyable at all on superstar, u can t work ur way through as u want, it s just a rigid game, messi is like he isn t even there, it s like i don t have suarez as a striker, dembele, is totally slow and bad,... man the attack just isn t there, u can t score, there s always this rigidity that does nt let u go close to the area to shoot and score, it is just a bad design for the game, for christ sake im playing barcelona, not some sunday league club with 60 rated players, man the amount of annoying stuff happening on superstar is just atrocious, i could go on on and on, man, khalas, i m not playing this game anymore even on league mode, it s just rigid
I don't get how people don't notice how this game is absolutely broken when we're talking about players mobility, They all looks like they had 150kg or even more. Play with players that should be very agile is terrible. Like you say, when you're playing with a technical player, he just look like a obese former player playing football. There's no freedom on changing direction. They're too rigid for this. It's a terrible experience try to make the moves that players like Messi, Neymar and others do on real life. It's just dont work on the game.

To make it worst, CPU players are pressing the ball, players and space all the time. When I say all the time, i'm mean literally all the time. This is incredible unrealistic. There's no player or team that is capable to do it all the time like CPU players. So the game is too much physical. Players pushing and fighting each other all the time.

Stamina mechanics is a real problem. Even if you play with not advanced tactics on and don't run with the players all the time, lot of them will be tired much before the game is over. If you try to play with real tactics, the 50% of the team will die at 70 minutes of the game or even last. In other hand, CPU IA can run forever and they never gets really tired.

IA it's just unbalanced and they can predict everything you will do on the game. IA players looks like they have a +50 boost on every parameter since they have perfect pass, perfect tackle, perfect crossing and perfect fighting for the ball all the time. Again: all the time. No matter if you playing against a weak oponent. They're will play like masters! I hate when I'm playing with a very fast player like Mbappe and CPU IA defenders can outpass him. Really Konami? Really? And when weak teams have perfect off the ball movements açl the time like they was coached by Guardiola or Klopp? God......

But, yes, even with these problems, I think it's the only football game that at least try to looks like real football. It's playable. Not too much enjoyable for the most of the time, but it's playable for me. The gameplay, even with these issues, is somehow very realistic, but it's not a great game. If they could improve these topics, PES would be simply perfect. Because the passe, the weight of the ball, lot of on the ball and off the ball movements, lot of things are great. But what Konami wants? E-Football...

I would love to play PES playing with Messi that is like he's on real life. Vinicius Jr like it was on real life. Players that have great mobility and can change direction really fast. But it's not. Theyre, like you say, just too much rigid. I think this is by for the worst issue with PES.

I think the biggest problem with PES is Konami listen too much the comunity, specially youtubers. Like Steve Jobs said, if you ask for people what they want, you will never create a iPhone.

Last edited:
I don't get how people don't notice how this game is absolutely broken when we're talking about players mobility, They all looks like they had 150kg or even more. Play with players that should be very agile is terrible. Like you say, when you're playing with a technical player, he just look like a obese former player playing football. There's no freedom on changing direction. They're too rigid for this. It's a terrible experience try to make the moves that players like Messi, Neymar and others do on real life. It's just dont work on the game.

To make it worst, CPU players are pressing the ball, players and space all the time. When I say all the time, i'm mean literally all the time. This is incredible unrealistic. There's no player or team that is capable to do it all the time like CPU players. So the game is too much physical. Players pushing and fighting each other all the time.

Stamina mechanics is a real problem. Even if you play with not advanced tactics on and don't run with the players all the time, lot of them will be tired much before the game is over. If you try to play with real tactics, the 50% of the team will die at 70 minutes of the game or even last. In other hand, CPU IA can run forever and they never gets really tired.

IA it's just unbalanced and they can predict everything you will do on the game. IA players looks like they have a +50 boost on every parameter since they have perfect pass, perfect tackle, perfect crossing and perfect fighting for the ball all the time. Again: all the time. No matter if you playing against a weak oponent. They're will play like masters! I hate when I'm playing with a very fast player like Mbappe and CPU IA defenders can outpass him. Really Konami? Really? And when weak teams have perfect off the ball movements açl the time like they was coached by Guardiola or Klopp? God......

But, yes, even with these problems, I think it's the only football game that at least try to looks like real football. It's playable. Not too much enjoyable for the most of the time, but it's playable for me. The gameplay, even with these issues, is somehow very realistic, but it's not a great game. If they could improve these topics, PES would be simply perfect. Because the passe, the weight of the ball, lot of on the ball and off the ball movements, lot of things are great. But what Konami wants? E-Football...

I would love to play PES playing with Messi that is like he's on real life. Vinicius Jr like it was on real life. Players that have great mobility and can change direction really fast. But it's not. Theyre, like you say, just too much rigid. I think this is by for the worst issue with PES.

I think the biggest problem with PES is Konami listen too much the comunity, specially youtubers. Like Steve Jobs said, if you ask for people what they want, you will never create a iPhone.
Yeah man i stopped playing this nonsense game, placebo or not, gameplay exe edit or not, the game is beyond repair,the AI is coded like that, the mechanics are coded like that so that u feel it s just rigid, there s no variety whatsoever when u go forward, ai defense is always same place all the time always closing space, every minute of the match, this is not realistic indeed.sorry but no, im donr with this game. i have nt played the other game yet but im sure i ll enjoy it more.
Every time i come back to this game saying, u know what maybe i changed tactics i put klashmann tactics, but no, u get into a match, u feel the unresponsiveness is there just to let u lose the match, it s just not good man, all players feel the same, there s no individuality, and don t tell me full manual, the ai will still score those repetitive goals, this will never change.

Last edited:

I also only play mostly friendlies (or league or cup mode), but never came up with the idea of putting my arrows to max and AI to the absolute minimum
I finally played some games where I didn't concede due to scripted AI
Played on Top Player but it became far too easy at some point, so hopefully Super Star or Legend would make this more challenging

Could be an idea for a super small patch or something: form arrows of user always Maximum, and AI always Minimum

Not sure if this is the correct place to put this. I've just got a new gaming pc and was looking to buy pes 2021 for it (I play on PS5 but wanted the mods). I see that Konami have removed pes 2021 from Steam so what are my options to get the game for pc now? I assume that there is no way to get the official game and would have to rely on a cracked copy? I'd much rather pay for the game if at all possible. Thanks.

Not sure if this is the correct place to put this. I've just got a new gaming pc and was looking to buy pes 2021 for it (I play on PS5 but wanted the mods). I see that Konami have removed pes 2021 from Steam so what are my options to get the game for pc now? I assume that there is no way to get the official game and would have to rely on a cracked copy? I'd much rather pay for the game if at all possible. Thanks.
https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/7300-buy-efootball-pes-2021-season-update-pc-game-steam/

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/efootball-pes-2021-pc-steam

Both are legit

I'm trying Fluid Formation system and it's amazing how the game changes. Players moves much more through the field using this. Looks at Messi playing as a free role in my system.

Search for Messi and look at his moves all the time. It's perfect! Exactly like Messi in real life. He's always searching for best spot on the field in every build up move from the team.

I also only play mostly friendlies (or league or cup mode), but never came up with the idea of putting my arrows to max and AI to the absolute minimum
I finally played some games where I didn't concede due to scripted AI
Played on Top Player but it became far too easy at some point, so hopefully Super Star or Legend would make this more challenging
The only to play the game and feel that u have freedom, is friendly match superstar but opponent arrow down and urs up, that s the only way u can feel the individuality, messi feels like messi, any other settings the game is bad....

I fail to understand how people still defend this game in ML,it s total trash tbh, the ai, the sudden handicap vs low and top end teams....it s just an unplayable game on anythinf other than friendly match....enough said, trash game offline
Could be an idea for a super small patch or something: form arrows of user always Maximum, and AI always Minimum
I don t think that you found oil in america or somethint, the game is perfect in friendlies, there s no need to mention any mods or credit, the game is just bad and broken in ML....it s just bad in ML and other euro competitions.

IA it's just unbalanced and they can predict everything you will do on the game. IA players looks like they have a +50 boost on every parameter since they have perfect pass, perfect tackle, perfect crossing and perfect fighting for the ball all the time. Again: all the time. No matter if you playing against a weak oponent. They're will play like masters! I hate when I'm playing with a very fast player like Mbappe and CPU IA defenders can outpass him. Really Konami? Really? And when weak teams have perfect off the ball movements açl the time like they was coached by Guardiola or Klopp? God.....

Ur comment here sums up my review and frustration in this game, great comment, agree totally

it takes a lot of patience.
It took me a few attempts.
I gave up, like two or three times....always went back to assisted.

But then I kept playing for weeks, even it was frustrating at times, but the more you play, the more you get used to it and now I´m so glad I stayed disciplined.
Can´t play it assited no more.
Sorry but this is not a solution, the ai will never change, the rediculous amount of pressure by the ai for the whole match is just not realistic and play Fuma is gonna make it even harder,n, this is not a solution in order to defend this game and make it playable on superstar, it s just not, top player is too easy, and superstar isjust no realism difficulty.....

There s no problem as i said, the game is great on friendlies, there s no problem, the problem is the ML, or any other competition which is season based, it s just not playable sorry

@Hatrickhero Some of us enjoy PES 21; I’m sorry that you do not, but please stop spamming this thread saying the same shit over and over (you have 8 posts on this page alone).

This is an excellent community that is very positive, helpful and constantly keeping older games alive and newer ones as good as they can be. You are doing none of this here and not bringing anything worthwhile to the discussion. There are other places for trashing the game if you’re interested. Try Reddit.

@Hatrickhero Some of us enjoy PES 21; I’m sorry that you do not, but please stop spamming this thread saying the same shit over and over (you have 8 posts on this page alone).

This is an excellent community that is very positive, helpful and constantly keeping older games alive and newer ones as good as they can be. You are doing none of this here and not bringing anything worthwhile to the discussion. There are other places for trashing the game if you’re interested. Try Reddit.
Im not bashing the game , i ve said what needs to change and yes these things are as irritating as it can be, we need these things to change, if you me or others don t speak up it will never change, i want pes to be the best possible iteration of football and each year since pes 2017 we have almost the same game, same ai pattern etc.

I fail to understand how people still defend this game in ML,it s total trash tbh, the ai, the sudden handicap vs low and top end teams....it s just an unplayable game on anythinf other than friendly match....enough said, trash game offline

I don t think that you found oil in america or somethint, the game is perfect in friendlies, there s no need to mention any mods or credit, the game is just bad and broken in ML....it s just bad in ML and other euro competitions.
Well, that's my point, how to make the game play like friendlies, but in ML or league or cup mode?

Back
Top Bottom