eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (PC)

I am OK-ish too with SUPERSTAR. Some tiny issues but nothing totally gamebreaking.

Also the Arsenal team here, i got the joke though and i agree :P, if you noticed the badge colours, it is a Rip-off team, not the OG ARSENAL! :) Like a spin-off Arsenal team. Just for the shake of justice!! :)
It is game breaking in ML unfortunately and nothing can save it..

It is game breaking in ML unfortunately and nothing can save it..
I am speaking as of myself dude. FOR MY perspective it is not gamebreaking. And i am playing Master League exclusivelly and stricktly. This includes only me and my opinion, i can't speak for other person experience.

But if someone finds it gamebreaking, i respect it, i won't try to convince anyone towards the opposite. IE for me (and only me again) i find gamebreaking and unplayable the CPU difficulty in Superstar in PES 2018 and PES 2019.

But since there are people that find it playable , i respect it too and still try to find a way to make it playable for me too.

And that's why i am super-carefull when i post about game, cause i know the game has some major flaws, and i don't want to sound arrogant, like i enjoy everything, without any issues. I also have issues, but they have not crossed the "red-line" FOR ME. But from my side, i will never try to convince anyone to like the game, or even to play it, if he does not like it. As i said before, i respect it and i can understand where are those issues coming.

Me personally , i experienced that "scripting" shite by first hand. Being for two seasons in top-2 positions of Ligue 1 in my ML save, then suddenly loosing 10 games straight, while the same roster i had with previous seasons, went from being the super-team to not able to change 1 low pass and then again smashing Marseille in their home ground 2-6 out of nowhere and returning to good shape.

I mean i've experienced all those @$$pull forced UPs and DOWNs by first hand. I don't intent to miss-guide anyone.

Last edited:
I am speaking as of myself dude. FOR MY perspective it is not gamebreaking. And i am playing Master League exclusivelly and stricktly. This includes only me and my opinion, i can't speak for other person experience.

But if someone finds it gamebreaking, i respect it, i won't try to convince anyone towards the opposite. IE for me (and only me again) i find gamebreaking and unplayable the CPU difficulty in Superstar in PES 2018 and PES 2019.

But since there are people that find it playable , i respect it too and still try to find a way to make it playable for me too.

And that's why i am super-carefull when i post about game, cause i know the game has some major flaws, and i don't want to sound arrogant, like i enjoy everything, without any issues. I also have issues, but they have not crossed the "red-line" FOR ME. But from my side, i will never try to convince anyone to like the game, or even to play it, if he does not like it. As i said before, i respect it and i can understand where are those issues coming.

Me personally , i experienced that "scripting" shite by first hand. Being for two seasons in top-2 positions of Ligue 1 in my ML save, then suddenly loosing 10 games straight, while the same roster i had with previous seasons, went from being the super-team to not able to change 1 low pass and then again smashing Marseille in their home ground 2-6 out of nowhere and returning to good shape.

I mean i've experienced all those @$$pull forced UPs and DOWNs by first hand. I don't intent to miss-guide anyone.
For.me i just couldn t take anymore taking a goal because the keeper would never go off his line and rush an oncoming ball, for christ sake, it s Marc Andre Ter Stegen for crying out loud, it s just not realistic and for me is just immersion breaking, i had to turn it off and not like to play it again because of these design stuff that don t make sense to human mind, it just can t be

For.me i just couldn t take anymore taking a goal because the keeper would never go off his line and rush an oncoming ball, for christ sake, it s Marc Andre Ter Stegen for crying out loud, it s just not realistic and for me is just immersion breaking, i had to turn it off and not like to play it again because of these design stuff that don t make sense to human mind, it just can t be
I understand mate. If you can check here the goal i concede in 3:35. Track my Goalkeeper in the radar. 2 times he started to rush out and he stopped 2 times. It is a goal as you describe. The GK refusing to rush out! This goal costed me a Champions League qualification to quarter finals! Under normal circumstances, i should throw the gamepad out of the window!

I understand mate. If you can check here the goal i concede in 3:35. Track my Goalkeeper in the radar. 2 times he started to rush out and he stopped 2 times. It is a goal as you describe. The GK refusing to rush out! This goal costed me a Champions League qualification to quarter finals! Under normal circumstances, i should throw the gamepad out of the window!

For me the ball was closer than that, and the striker was far from the ball, and still he didn t even move, he just stood his line like a complete idiot

Can't you rush out the keeper manually by holding the Y button?
Triangle if you are using PS controller.

Man it s just a bad implementation, keeper has no skills whatsoever when u rush him when u absolutely need to...this is a design problem...

Man it s just a bad implementation, keeper has no skills whatsoever when u rush him when u absolutely need to...this is a design problem

Had my first penalty by the way in that match i told u about, and for all irony, the first penalty in 2 and half seasons of ML, it s just absurd and mind boggling..

For me the dumbest decisions is that they made the keepers like a idiot animal, why the heck, they made the keepers not rush an oncoming ball into the area, leaving it way too easy for the opponent ai to.score, because secondly they are so.slow to react to.the shot , dumbest decision and sorry it s immersion breaking, i had to turn it off for good......this never ever happens in the other game, everr.....
I have tried to like this game and overcome it s flaws but man, no way those keepers are like that, they stick to their line like a complete idiot man...konami seriously????!!!!!

Konami implemented tactical styles and players styles really poorly. Everything is so black and white. Look at goal keepers. Defensive goalies will not move off their lines while offensive goalies are all Neuer. It lacks nuance.

I have the same feeling as u, one moment the game can be amazing, another game, u get stuff that are not supposed to be in such a game, this Pes 2021 is just love hate relationship, sorry but it is, and i don t think it can be fixed, i have tried klashmann tactics, but still u can t change the AI Pattern for scoring, they will always rely on those
Back to.goal one twos to open space and the shot will always almost always go into the bottom left corner, it s these stuff that make.this game totally forgettable, if they can only give that AI the variety it needs , it won t happen unfortunately
Man donnt let me forget, i played two whole seasons of ML, not even one penalty, not even one......man , there s no variety, the AI will never foul u inside the area ,never.....sorry but turned it off for good, i don t know how people still defend this game....

Penalties are something I haven't lack oddly enough. I have one every few matches. Maybe it's the gameplay patches I've been using. Haven't played vanilla PES in a long long time.

Precisely ever since 2017, the ai is like that, stats won t matter and they will make u lose those matches vs lowely teams, this should change but u can t , it s just coded like that, funilly enough,i played a match with villareal vs real.madrid at bernabeu, and i was able to control the match from start to finish and won 2 - 1, it just doesn t make any sense this game

Yeah it feels like the game has some sort of catch up code that makes teams play more even if there's a massive attribute gap between them.

Basically this is a typical "lesser" team move in Superstar level, both 20 & 21. Weak teams sneaks a goal in their first chance, while their defense line seems like an invisible wall. The very next moment , they put mentality to -1 or -2, forming a concrete wall and they yell at you: "Goodbye mofo! catch me if you can!"

10 players compact behind the ball, and of course it is more possible to concede another goal in an open counter, than score the equaliser, cause their defensive performance is boosted! Imagine that, if you could n't break 4 people and the GK, how more heck of iritating is to try to break 10 people and the GK!

FIPTJYZWQAIgDol

One of this game series' biggest flaws has been tactical logic. Ultra attacking and ultra defensive are extremely situational in use and yet they've coded it that teams will use them frequently. It's something that drove me to ML over BAL. It's such an unfortunate oversight.

Superstar was very very playable tonight.

20220106014551_1.jpg

Norwich, on the other hand, had a bad 10 minutes (after they took the lead with a brilliant free kick). All 3 goals scored between the 31st and 38th minute. Second half they went attacking and had a few decent opportunities to counter, but just weren't able to pull them off.

That's the way it should be; bad teams shouldn't suddenly become good just because they go attacking.

My matches tonight felt good. I hope that continues.

Recently I upgraded to a full version of Pes 21 season update from pes 21 lite. Everything was working well until today. Whenever I launch the game through steam or through sider, the game takes me to Country/Region page then T&C page everytime. Can someone please help in solving this?pic 2.PNGpic1.PNG

Last edited:
efootball pes2021 season update doesn't appear anymore on YouTube when i try to furnish video details. Rebranded?

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Recently I upgraded to a full version of Pes 21 season update from pes 21 lite. Everything was working well until today. Whenever I launch the game through steam or through sider, the game takes me to Country/Region page then T&C page everytime. Can someone please help in solving this?
Undo the last changes you did to your installation, so if you inserted new mods, remove them.

Is there a list of all mods you are using?

Well I honestly recommend everyone just get Virtua Red mod and add to it Jeremiah's modded stadium server (included his fog and grass, and comes with a compatible broadcast camera ini file). I do have a video linked in he description that sends you to all the individual evo-web mods that I use, but it's much less of a hassle to just get Virtua Red's and add Jeremiah's work to it. For offline play, I use ThirdEyeKidman's Passmaps for Tactics which is only compatible with Virtua Red at the moment.

Well I honestly recommend everyone just get Virtua Red mod and add to it Jeremiah's modded stadium server (included his fog and grass, and comes with a compatible broadcast camera ini file). I do have a video linked in he description that sends you to all the individual evo-web mods that I use, but it's much less of a hassle to just get Virtua Red's and add Jeremiah's work to it. For offline play, I use ThirdEyeKidman's Passmaps for Tactics which is only compatible with Virtua Red at the moment.
But the grass mod is only to get when i pay, right?

I play PES20 on PS4 (mostly BaL career I started) and I like to quickly record nice goals with double click on the share button. How I can setup something (very) similar on PC with PES21?

Last edited:
Funny knight posts a video on manual plays cuz I've gone back to basics shooting lol. Advanced is just too inconsistent with the player cam.

I play PES20 on PS4 (mostly BaL career I started) and I like to quickly record nice goals with double click on the share button. How I can setup something (very) similar on PC with PES21?

There's different programs available that do the same. I use nvidia's shadowplay/overlay as it came with my laptop. I know you can use obs to do the same or steelseries moments etc.

There's definitely more I just can't remember off the top of my head.

Master league is such a shallow mode. I remember before 2020, the big addition was those cutscenes that ultimately add nothing to the experience. I remember people pointing this out ahead of time and downvoted on reddit as a result.

The mode relies entirely on team spirit and that's ridiculous. I simmed my first season in my save (because I always do in order to get to the national team jobs) and my team won every single game.

My current season, it's been the same; every single simmed game is a guaranteed win. Even the match away against Barcelona when I played a bunch of youth players as I'd already qualified. Why? Because my team spirit is almost maxed when certain players are playing.

That's absolutely ridiculous. No team wins every single match. Not even the best teams in history.

It's honestly a massive shame this is the state they left this mode in as there's no word when we'll see it again. Heck if we'll ever see it again.

Almost makes me miss the catch up mechanics that were in the game back in PES 2009 (if you were on a winning streaked and you simmed a match, you were almost guaranteed to lose the simmed match no matter what).

At this point, I play PES for the football; modders have done a brilliant job making this game resemble something like real football. Now if it Konami had given this mode, as well as BAL, the attention it deserves then this truly could be the last football game I'd need.

Random question, is anyone playing in 4K and has noticed a bit of a sheen to players? I've had a 4k TV for a while but didn't have a computer powerful enough to do 4K, then got a new computer but had issues with my AV amp doing full 4K with HDR. Now I've managed to get that sorted, I did a comparison between 1080p and 4K. Although the graphics do look better at 4K there almost seems to be a sheen or sparkle that comes off players when they move. Don't know if it's just me, or some settings in PES that I've got wrong?

Just wondered if anyone else had experienced this, thanks

EDIT: Never mind, looks like I was talking crap...managed to switch everything to high and it looks great

Last edited:
Not sure how many people are still indulging in PES, but I thought I'd compile some of the best manual plays I've put together over the past year.... Enjoy the beautiful footage of the (last) beautiful game!

incredible goals, but i could never manage to play full manual , it s very hard, to get the aim right in tight spaces

incredible goals, but i could never manage to play full manual , it s very hard, to get the aim right in tight spaces
when I played full manual in 2017, it essentially took me over a month to get full comfortable shooting for every angle. It's hard but, like anything else, you get better the more you do it. If you genuinely want to get good with full manual, you just have to keep at it and you'll eventually get there.

I understand why you wouldn't want to spend a lot of time trying to learn it though. I myself haven't bothered to relearn after I stopped using it. I still think it provides for the best challenge/experience given how inconsistent advanced is.

Had all these clips taking up space on my laptop so I figured I'd share some

Punishing a very pushed up Germany on the break.

Capitalizing on a defensive mistake against Liverpool

Donny with a wonder goal against Bristol City

And finally a nice team goal against Genk

Back
Top Bottom