eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (PC)

the problem with this game is that, you turn up for many games in ML to wins and everything is good, but when u play vs the elite teams in the game, something is just not right, like forwards never being able to hold the ball and protect it close to the box, making absolutely impossible to score from the middle, u will always get overpowered and that s at super star difficulty, the difference in FIFA is that, many situations where u are close to the box, u are able to make so many various attacks and still end up being able to shoot the ball, here in PES it is just rediculous the amount of pressure u get from the defenders and especially when u need that only goal to progress in the competition, total deal and immersion breaker for me, u are only allowed to play from the wings and cross the ball, and ofc u are lucky if any headers come out of it because 95 % of the time, the defender will clear the ball somehow, for me this is what is lacking in this game to make it just a better option than fifa, u are simply limited to few options to score on superstar difficulty and sorry this is not good at all.

I must commend the programmers at Konami. Year after year they manage to deliberately ruin the game despite all the great mods the community produces. It's just reduced to a non-game without consequences really.

Tactics ? Don't matter if I do a high press, CPU just avoids everything I throw at it, draws a foul or suddenly turns into Barcelona with 100 percent passing accuracy. And that infernal, stupid, annoying half-turn they do as soon as the CPU registers you're pressing. Ugh.
Stats? Don't matter, I've got van Basten and Maldini and they get barged off by random Crotone defenders at the drop of a hat. Got a fast player with good dribbling? Doesn't matter, psychic hyper accurate tackling from 10 meters off will sort that out. Stats not mattering renders squad building useless which renders Master League useless. Can't have us playing that instead of myclub now can we.

Hadn't played in a couple weeks, tried Holland's mod but to no avail even though it makes great improvements. That's the nail in the coffin for me. 4 years in a row this nonsense now.
this was my rant ever since pes 2017...

I'm pretty sure it's an easy fix but i'm new to modding. I recently started a new Master League and the competition names had their actual names but they randomly switched back to their default names. All of my mods are still working just fine I was just wondering how I can change the names of the competitions back to their actual names.
View attachment 101663
Game update, wait for the patch to be updated as well.

I must commend the programmers at Konami. Year after year they manage to deliberately ruin the game despite all the great mods the community produces. It's just reduced to a non-game without consequences really.

Tactics ? Don't matter if I do a high press, CPU just avoids everything I throw at it, draws a foul or suddenly turns into Barcelona with 100 percent passing accuracy. And that infernal, stupid, annoying half-turn they do as soon as the CPU registers you're pressing. Ugh.
Stats? Don't matter, I've got van Basten and Maldini and they get barged off by random Crotone defenders at the drop of a hat. Got a fast player with good dribbling? Doesn't matter, psychic hyper accurate tackling from 10 meters off will sort that out. Stats not mattering renders squad building useless which renders Master League useless. Can't have us playing that instead of myclub now can we.

Hadn't played in a couple weeks, tried Holland's mod but to no avail even though it makes great improvements. That's the nail in the coffin for me. 4 years in a row this nonsense now.
I am with you mate. Things you mentioned plus a couple more really get on my nerves as well. I was also ready to give up.

Then, more in a desperate last attempt to draw some enjoyment out of it, I started a fresh ML with a mid-tiered team (Hertha) on “Regular” difficulty using full manual (manual passing, shooting, advanced through ball) and I am really enjoying it.

It still has some of the annoying traits (refs calling every bloody standing tackle, COM players dribbling like gods during AI spells or casually barging you ) but the pace is great and unlike in Superstar on assisted you have space around your players.

Getting to grips with manual balances out the low difficulty level. So far I’ve received realistic results (won two tight matches against Bremen and Gladbach drew against Freiburg (my equalizer in 90+5) and lost to Bayern 0-2.

Of course, the shooting in particular needs some practice and patience. I do think, btw, that it’s not that manual as it claims to be, but, like everything else in this game, subject to a higher level orchestration. Having two “dramatic” injury time goals in 4 matches when all my other shots literally went to the corner flags smells too much like a “game director”.

I am with you mate. Things you mentioned plus a couple more really get on my nerves as well. I was also ready to give up.

Then, more in a desperate last attempt to draw some enjoyment out of it, I started a fresh ML with a mid-tiered team (Hertha) on “Regular” difficulty using full manual (manual passing, shooting, advanced through ball) and I am really enjoying it.

It still has some of the annoying traits (refs calling every bloody standing tackle, COM players dribbling like gods during AI spells or casually barging you ) but the pace is great and unlike in Superstar on assisted you have space around your players.

Getting to grips with manual balances out the low difficulty level. So far I’ve received realistic results (won two tight matches against Bremen and Gladbach drew against Freiburg (my equalizer in 90+5) and lost to Bayern 0-2.

Of course, the shooting in particular needs some practice and patience. I do think, btw, that it’s not that manual as it claims to be, but, like everything else in this game, subject to a higher level orchestration. Having two “dramatic” injury time goals in 4 matches when all my other shots literally went to the corner flags smells too much like a “game director”.
the game is dictated by whatever ai is in place, when they want u to lose, u will lose no matter what and this is what i want to stop in this
forsaken franchise, the cpu cheating in ML is just a game breaker, i can t go back to the game after these kinds of matches, i really can t, it is just immersion breaking totally...... man i could rant the whole day about how Fiorentina become gods of 1v1 tussles in the midfield, with the ai getting the ball from behind my player with no foul given, this would never ever happen in fifa and in real football, this need to change, it s been like this the refereing system since pes 2017

the game is dictated by whatever ai is in place, when they want u to lose, u will lose no matter what and this is what i want to stop in this
forsaken franchise, the cpu cheating in ML is just a game breaker, i can t go back to the game after these kinds of matches, i really can t, it is just immersion breaking totally...... man i could rant the whole day about how Fiorentina become gods of 1v1 tussles in the midfield, with the ai getting the ball from behind my player with no foul given, this would never ever happen in fifa and in real football, this need to change, it s been like this the refereing system since pes 2017
"cpu cheating" ......Man I always get a kick out of that. You're just admitting the Konami a.i. is smarter than you bro lmfao

If an ai player with worse stats in every single department can nudge you off the ball constantly throughout a match, then what is the point of stats? That is quite obviously cheating by the ai.
When I play offside trap to push my team up the pitch and press high
And the ai INSTANTANEOUSLY play a long ball in behind or down the channel, that is quite obviously cheating by the ai. They don’t keep passing the ball. They just insta smash it perfectly to a striker, simply because I’ve double tapped the D-pad. That’s how I feel anyway 🤷‍♂️

there are too many incidents that seem like input reading to me. From dribbling(attempts 🙄) to manual passes to penalties to many many ares. And for you to come with your little one line and act like someone is stupid for noticing something quite obvious to many people is just plain obnoxious ignorance. And you shouldn’t even be here.

If an ai player with worse stats in every single department can nudge you off the ball constantly throughout a match, then what is the point of stats? That is quite obviously cheating by the ai.
When I play offside trap to push my team up the pitch and press high
And the ai INSTANTANEOUSLY play a long ball in behind or down the channel, that is quite obviously cheating by the ai. They don’t keep passing the ball. They just insta smash it perfectly to a striker, simply because I’ve double tapped the D-pad. That’s how I feel anyway 🤷‍♂️

there are too many incidents that seem like input reading to me. From dribbling(attempts 🙄) to manual passes to penalties to many many ares. And for you to come with your little one line and act like someone is stupid for noticing something quite obvious to many people is just plain obnoxious ignorance. And you shouldn’t even be here.
All due respect, it's a video game. if you can't handle losing then go play online or take 2 controllers, move 1 to each side and play by yourself with both teams.

All due respect, it's a video game. if you can't handle losing then go play online or take 2 controllers, move 1 to each side and play by yourself with both teams.
Oh, you’re one of those people who ignores everything they’ve been told and continues with their own narrative in their own little narcissistic dreamland. Fair enough. Bye.

Oh, you’re one of those people who ignores everything they’ve been told and continues with their own narrative in their own little narcissistic dreamland. Fair enough. Bye.
I don't throw a hissy fit when the cpu goes mad at the 65min mark and plays like they are on Super Pro-Star Epic Legend when they are losing. Adjust your strategy don't keep playing the same way.....not rocket science. You must be one of those kids that touches the hot stovetop over and over without ever learning your lesson.

I don't throw a hissy fit when the cpu goes mad at the 65min mark and plays like they are on Super Pro-Star Epic Legend when they are losing. Adjust your strategy don't keep playing the same way.....not rocket science. You must be one of those kids that touches the hot stovetop over and over without ever learning your lesson.
Maybe @Tom could you help...

:COP::CW:

Stay on topic. What do you think about a serie B side being able to outplay, out sprint, out jump and outmuscle a world class team?

im not talking about tactics, im talking about the physicality of the cpu ai which is related to the fouling system, they just take the ball from u from behind without a foul, this would never ever happen in the other game... it is just game breaking

no sorry, ur defending the game breaking bugs of the game...im a PES player since ISS 2002 on ps2, these things didn t happen before, since pes 2017 we are having this cpu cheating thingy and refereeing issues that is annoying very annoying

no sorry, ur defending the game breaking bugs of the game...im a PES player since ISS 2002 on ps2, these things didn t happen before, since pes 2017 we are having this cpu cheating thingy and refereeing issues that is annoying very annoying
cool story brah

20210528004524_1.jpg

Top player. Game speed -2. Fixed cursor ML. This match went really well overall. Dominated the first half, scored 2 quick goals in the second half, then spent the last quarter of the match holding on for dear life. I'd like to think the gameplay patches I'm using are making a difference. More of this please.

It´s amazing to buy a game and then have to learn around the gameplay tweaks every time they release a new dlc...
Best of all is to finaly get an incredibly good and balanced gamplay in dlc 5 just to have it turned into a stupid thing one month later...

Back
Top Bottom