eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (PC)

Hello can anybody help me , I'm looking to do a UEFA Nations League 20 teams like a fantasy league but I want to do this in the generic Konami League I've added the teams renamed Konami league to UEFA Nations League but the generic logo from Konami is still their my game is fully modded but how can I replace the generic logo from Konami anybody be able to help ? I'd really appreciate it thank you for your time.

Hey guys, it's no secret that the major issue I (and many others) have with this game (and many modern PES games before this) is the extremely rigid tactical system, the positioning and the player behaviour - all of which virtually equates to no midfield. Far too often teams just sit so deep as soon as they lose the ball and there's just no variety to the gameplay - and yes even after 'Deep Defensive Line' has been removed. I've tried many mods and all sorts of tactical adjustments and combinations over the last few years - none of which have given me the gameplay experience I'm after.

Today however, I've stumbled across a tactical system combination which seems to be working quite well. I’m trying to bring in a more realistic shape, get that midfield ENGAGED and create more of a need to think my way up the pitch. My method today has been to use its own rigidity against itself in order to get players to occupy the right spaces.

It needs a little more work, it's not going to be 100% perfect and I haven't got a huge sample size to go by, but so far it's easily the best I've had a modern PES game playing in terms of a midfield.

I'll post an explanation of the settings once I've played a little more, but here are a few screens to show what I think is a far better team shape compared to default.

eFootball PES 2021 Screenshot 2021.06.19 - 16.05.57.72.jpg

eFootball PES 2021 Screenshot 2021.06.19 - 15.51.51.13.jpg

Ignore the fact I'm playing at Anfield but this is a decent example of the defensive team not just retreating back. They're staying engaged and holding a fairly narrow shape as well. Xhaka and Partey are in a good position and my back 4 are quite narrow. For once there aren't just holes all over the place. I'm hoping it holds up after some more testing...

eFootball PES 2021 Screenshot 2021.06.19 - 17.06.06.59.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys, it's no secret that the major issue I (and many others) have with this game (and many modern PES games before this) is the extremely rigid tactical system, the positioning and the player behaviour - all of which virtually equates to no midfield. Far too often teams just sit so deep as soon as they lose the ball and there's just no variety to the gameplay - and yes even after 'Deep Defensive Line' has been removed. I've tried many mods and all sorts of tactical adjustments and combinations over the last few years - none of which have given me the gameplay experience I'm after.

Today however, I've stumbled across a tactical system combination which seems to be working quite well. I’m trying to bring in a more realistic shape, get that midfield ENGAGED and create more of a need to think my way up the pitch. My method today has been to use its own rigidity against itself in order to get players to occupy the right spaces.

It needs a little more work, it's not going to be 100% perfect and I haven't got a huge sample size to go by, but so far it's easily the best I've had a modern PES game playing in terms of a midfield.

I'll post an explanation of the settings once I've played a little more, but here are a few screens to show what I think is a far better team shape compared to default.

Ignore the fact I'm playing at Anfield but this is a decent example of the defensive team not just retreating back. They're staying engaged and holding a fairly narrow shape as well. Xhaka and Partey are in a good position and my back 4 are quite narrow. For once there aren't just holes all over the place. I'm hoping it holds up after some more testing...
That does look more natural. Getting really put off recently with the amount of space between midfield and back line and the COM's constant low effort magic passes from CB to ST who has a ring of space and does the slight turn and shot.

Looking forward to your findings.

Yeah it's tedious to see. I've been experimenting with different difficulty levels and gameplay patches/vanilla and it's either the same to things. Passing it around the back like they're under some kind of hypnosis instead of chasing the game or it's the magic driven pass from defence that bypasses your midfield, to their striker who turns slightly and shoots, finds the target every single time.

This was a problem in 2016 and it seems to have somehow re-emerged in 2020/2021 after a couple of decent PES games in between.

I haven't played 2019 since it came out but 2017 is like a totally different game to this. At least on this game the COM surprises you and plays differently almost every match, flair players actually use skills on the flanks and long range players will shoot from distance.

I think PES 2021 has the worst COM experience since 2016. Every team you play against literally plays the same way and it's usually the exploitative one i mentioned above.

It's not a question of gameplay patches necessarily but also of tactics

View attachment 106350

View attachment 106348

View attachment 106351
Ok, it's a long one guys - but if you're keen give it a go. Again, not perfect and small sample size but at this point what do we have left haha

https://evoweb.uk/threads/tactical-adjustments-for-more-of-a-midfield.87202/

It´s amazing to buy a game and then have to learn around the gameplay tweaks every time they release a new dlc...
Best of all is to finaly get an incredibly good and balanced gamplay in dlc 5 just to have it turned into a stupid thing one month later...
lol, good gameplay, maybe ur living on the moon and not on earth

my rant goes on and goes on, ML round of 16 , my third season with napoli, with good players, 80s to 88(meret), but still, u enter the game, u feel the low response, players who have high stats making wrong passes, team doesn t wanna play, don t convince me changing tactics will do anything, game is unplayable on basic shooting and 1 bar passing at superstar, the amount of constrained movement on the pitch is just mind blowing, i can t believe people still defend this game in ML, it is unplayable, the worst ever experience in all my years of PES since ISS 2002 on the ps1. i have never ever seen such cpu cheating happening as since PES 2017....... shame.... what a shame....

my rant goes on and goes on, ML round of 16 , my third season with napoli, with good players, 80s to 88(meret), but still, u enter the game, u feel the low response, players who have high stats making wrong passes, team doesn t wanna play, don t convince me changing tactics will do anything, game is unplayable on basic shooting and 1 bar passing at superstar, the amount of constrained movement on the pitch is just mind blowing, i can t believe people still defend this game in ML, it is unplayable, the worst ever experience in all my years of PES since ISS 2002 on the ps1. i have never ever seen such cpu cheating happening as since PES 2017....... shame.... what a shame....
Bro I recommend you try one of the gameplay mods here in the forum. There are plenty to choose from and installation is easy. They really improve the experience. :TU:

Hello. I was searching trough forum but I was not able to find proper mod/tool. Is there a way to have multiple instalations of game? For having installed more than one mod.

Thanks

Horrible, an absolute script fest, ML in PES 2019, however exhibition games play really well

Will give it another try. I need some footy game until 2022 comes around but I can't stand 2021 anymore. I remember 19 had some flaws (AI low cross spam), but it was at least enjoyable and I was able to hold up on Superstar. This one (21) is just plain toxic for me in ML, even on professional level. It's one "play your socks off to scrape a 1-0 victory" challenge after another - regardless of my team or who I play against – and the AI cheating to make sure I must not glean one ounce of reward from it is just plain insulting, almost hostile.

Will give it another try. I need some footy game until 2022 comes around but I can't stand 2021 anymore. I remember 19 had some flaws (AI low cross spam), but it was at least enjoyable and I was able to hold up on Superstar. This one (21) is just plain toxic for me in ML, even on professional level. It's one "play your socks off to scrape a 1-0 victory" challenge after another - regardless of my team or who I play against – and the AI cheating to make sure I must not glean one ounce of reward from it is just plain insulting, almost hostile.

I've played on FUMA - regular difficulty. Having an absolute blast. When I've gone to even Professional mode, I've felt like something was off. It doesn't help that each team chemistry you face is at 99 - so I can only imagine what it's like on higher difficulties.

Here's my series that shows the regular difficulty in action. Of course, I use my 5-sec fix to help sort out the positioning:

I've played on FUMA - regular difficulty. Having an absolute blast. When I've gone to even Professional mode, I've felt like something was off. It doesn't help that each team chemistry you face is at 99 - so I can only imagine what it's like on higher difficulties.

Here's my series that shows the regular difficulty in action. Of course, I use my 5-sec fix to help sort out the positioning:

Yes, I did that as well after I saw your videos. Actually managed to bring Hertha BSC to win the Bundesliga with FUMA on „regular“ but it was still not fully satisfying, as literally every match I won (except 2) ended 1-0. Of the 11 (!) draws in the season 10 ended 1-1. Played 15 min matches, different tactics, no difference. The AI defence is just impenetrable this time, so most goals came from set pieces or were based on sheer luck. Not enough motivation to continue.

This is my rant about the game but still,i have the same feeling as u mate, pure frustration from awful cpu overpowering, but then one random guy would come back responding: change tactics, u need to learn the game....jesus.....man, seriously....people still defending the game..

After watching TTBs videos on his Everton ML 2021 I was surprised how much last third action there was in his videos and how many chances he was able to create. So I switched from VirtuaRed to the patch TTB has installed* and - lo and behold - totally different ball game (CPU still giving you the finger, mind, but now you have at least more options and it’s back to more possession and control)

How can that be? Do the different tactical setups have such an influence? This game remains a mystery.

* didn’t want to actively promote this patch, since there is some controversy about its delivery model

Hey guys, sorry if this isn’t the right place to ask, but does anyone know how to do a local co-op match for Cup competitions? I can select 2 players but I’m not able to play under the same team.

New Data Pack (7.00)/Patch (1.07.00) Available!​

A new Update File (Data Pack 7.00 & Patch 1.07.00) was released on 06/24/2021.
See below for details.

■ Updates and Additions
・ Updated club team emblems.
・ Updated face models.
・ Updated player portraits.
・ Updated manager images.
・ Added cleat models.
・ Updated cinematics and animations.
・ Updated commentary data.

■ Other Changes
myClub
・ Added the option to select national teams as your Base Team in myClub mode.

■ Global Improvements
A variety of minor adjustments have been made to each mode to improve the overall gaming experience.

New Data Pack (7.00)/Patch (1.07.00) Available!​

A new Update File (Data Pack 7.00 & Patch 1.07.00) was released on 06/24/2021.
See below for details.

■ Updates and Additions
・ Updated club team emblems.
・ Updated face models.
・ Updated player portraits.
・ Updated manager images.
・ Added cleat models.
・ Updated cinematics and animations.
・ Updated commentary data.

■ Other Changes
myClub
・ Added the option to select national teams as your Base Team in myClub mode.

■ Global Improvements
A variety of minor adjustments have been made to each mode to improve the overall gaming experience.
Question: does the DLC 7.0 have wrong and old rosters for the Euro 2020 National Teams?
Or it's (hopefully) just a problem of mine?

Not sure if this is in the right section. But I currently own the standard edition of PES 2021 and after receiving 100,000GP courtesy of Konami, I’ve decided to give MyClub a go and I’m quite enjoying it.

My question is, if I was to buy a club edition of the game to access the bonus content, would it simply just unlock and update my current game? Or would it completely reinstall a whole new version of the game? Slightly concerned that it may affect my Sider.

Thanks 👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom