eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (PC)

I know a handful have mentioned it, but just curious to see if a few more of you guys have been giving PES 2021 season update a go after the new 1.7.01 update??

Im seeing definite improvements over the last vanilla version. Ive been playing Holland's GP patches exclusively for the last half year or so, as its always been far superior to the vanilla version. But, as i normally do, I was keen to try out the new vanilla update to see if they'd fix certain things etc.. and to be honest wasnt expecting much from this new update.. i thought the unusual update was due to stability etc. or whatever they mentioned in the patch notes. But, i tried it out, and there are some definite changes - immediately I noticed the following positives (play on Superstar, FUMA, 20min Exhibition games):

+Cpu in attack make more passing errors, particularly when put under pressure. And will often hoof it out of bounds when put under pressure close to their goals.

+ Similar to above point, when heavily pressuring the Cpu, i found it much easier to dispossess the Cpu which i think is fantastic.

+ The Cpu holds the ball more, ie. dribbles more than ive ever seen. Still not as much as i'd want, but far better than any version ive played with PES2021. There is less ping pong first touch passing and this increased holding of the ball leads to the cpu being more easily dispossessed as mentioned in point above.

+ Seen a heap of long range shots by cpu.. taking crazy shots when a chance arises... definitely more shot aggressive than any version ive seen. This was particularly noticeable against some mid tear ARG and BRA teams i played against.

+ Seen a few new things.. like a few new keeper animations.. ive seen some new shooting animations..and a weird low hard shot I cannot remember seeing. Ill post a clip of this via youtube link..shot at 2.37ish (apologies for the stutter frame rate):

Anyways... im really enjoying this vanilla version, and will keep playing it for a while. Its as if Konami have actually said fk efootball22 atm, and lets update/improve 2021.. and with this new matchday announcement (that i really dont give a fk about), im hoping Konami do release some more improvements to pes 2021. The next few months will be interesting in regards to possible future updates.

Anyone else notice changes/improvements??? Was hoping SpoonyPizzas was going to cover this new update, but seems to have slipped by him...due to the efootball22 update.

I know a handful have mentioned it, but just curious to see if a few more of you guys have been giving PES 2021 season update a go after the new 1.7.01 update??

Im seeing definite improvements over the last vanilla version. Ive been playing Holland's GP patches exclusively for the last half year or so, as its always been far superior to the vanilla version. But, as i normally do, I was keen to try out the new vanilla update to see if they'd fix certain things etc.. and to be honest wasnt expecting much from this new update.. i thought the unusual update was due to stability etc. or whatever they mentioned in the patch notes. But, i tried it out, and there are some definite changes - immediately I noticed the following positives (play on Superstar, FUMA, 20min Exhibition games):

+Cpu in attack make more passing errors, particularly when put under pressure. And will often hoof it out of bounds when put under pressure close to their goals.

+ Similar to above point, when heavily pressuring the Cpu, i found it much easier to dispossess the Cpu which i think is fantastic.

+ The Cpu holds the ball more, ie. dribbles more than ive ever seen. Still not as much as i'd want, but far better than any version ive played with PES2021. There is less ping pong first touch passing and this increased holding of the ball leads to the cpu being more easily dispossessed as mentioned in point above.

+ Seen a heap of long range shots by cpu.. taking crazy shots when a chance arises... definitely more shot aggressive than any version ive seen. This was particularly noticeable against some mid tear ARG and BRA teams i played against.

+ Seen a few new things.. like a few new keeper animations.. ive seen some new shooting animations..and a weird low hard shot I cannot remember seeing. Ill post a clip of this via youtube link..shot at 2.37ish (apologies for the stutter frame rate):

Anyways... im really enjoying this vanilla version, and will keep playing it for a while. Its as if Konami have actually said fk efootball22 atm, and lets update/improve 2021.. and with this new matchday announcement (that i really dont give a fk about), im hoping Konami do release some more improvements to pes 2021. The next few months will be interesting in regards to possible future updates.

Anyone else notice changes/improvements??? Was hoping SpoonyPizzas was going to cover this new update, but seems to have slipped by him...due to the efootball22 update.
I like the game speed .. can you tell me which speed setting you use ?

0 default. Ill try uploading a clip that doesn't stutter and is at 60fps.

Oh.. as a i watch some of the clips im currently uploading ive also noticed a few other things:

1. the player touches are heavier..(for both cpu and p1)... i like this as it makes it easier to dispossess the cpu, and it also leads to higher error/dispossession rates overall.. and it kinda slows the game down in terms of transitional play.

2. the cpu ai seem to make more lethal through balls and runs...

What id like to see improve is the compactness of defense, making a good defense harder to actually break down,... and make the keepers less super human. Should be hard to actually get a shot on goal, and accurately, whilst when the opportunity arises, it should be easy to beat a keeper. For me, the superhuman keeper is a way for konami to reduce the scorelines.. as the defence is still too easy to break down... anyways, here's hoping for further improvements to updats.

Ill post 3 clips or so in a few hours ;)

Last edited:

See my post few days ago mate :)

https://evoweb.uk/threads/efootball-pes-2021-discussion-thread-pc.84053/post-3782505

Can't say about long shots, i still rarely seen them. Also about dribbling CPU, i only see few of them. I think one of the few players that dribble more is raheem sterling, Riyad Mahrez or Dani Olmo.

The update still didn't fix the referee though, it still sucks

See my post few days ago mate :)

https://evoweb.uk/threads/efootball-pes-2021-discussion-thread-pc.84053/post-3782505

Can't say about long shots, i still rarely seen them. Also about dribbling CPU, i only see few of them. I think one of the few players that dribble more is raheem sterling, Riyad Mahrez or Dani Olmo.

The update still didn't fix the referee though, it still sucks
Thanks for the reply.
Re the refs, not sure, but ill tell you im seeing a heap of fouls..against and for me. See clips ive posted above.
Many long range efforts from cpu.

Ill try finding some clips of more dribbling..but its quite evident that ai attacking players hold the ball longer and dribble longer.. (not saying they constantly take you on one v one).. rather than just pass pass pass asap... could be improved, but a definite improvement if you ask me. easier to dispossess ai now due to this ;)

Thanks for the reply.
Re the refs, not sure, but ill tell you im seeing a heap of fouls..against and for me. See clips ive posted above.
Many long range efforts from cpu.

Ill try finding some clips of more dribbling..but its quite evident that ai attacking players hold the ball longer and dribble longer.. (not saying they constantly take you on one v one).. rather than just pass pass pass asap... could be improved, but a definite improvement if you ask me. easier to dispossess ai now due to this ;)
I keep getting punch inside the box but no penalty given.

Also one of the rarest moment i saw CPU dives two matches in a row XD lol

I keep getting punch inside the box but no penalty given.

Also one of the rarest moment i saw CPU dives two matches in a row XD lol
Me too, a lot fatalities, but no Penaly. CPU the other day, dived and was awarded a PK. It is my first time in any PES, i witness CPU getting a PK for diving. Even the Greek commentator stated that it was clearly no contact and the opponent CPU player dived!!!

"-....But the referee has a different opinion!"

UPDATE:
Here at 09:21 and on. Of course the commentator speaks Greek so you won't understand, but i think it is obvious.

Last edited:
Me too, a lot fatalities, but no Penaly. CPU the other day, dived and was awarded a PK. It is my first time in any PES, i witness CPU getting a PK for diving. Even the Greek commentator stated that it was clearly no contact and the opponent CPU player dived!!!

"-....But the referee has a different opinion!"

UPDATE:
Here at 09:21 and on. Of course the commentator speaks Greek so you won't understand, but i think it is obvious.

lol, i actually got this this year. You're lucky it's still in middle of the match, mine when OT and the score 0-0 then CPU dived and got a penalty ! freakin hell ! XD

Some player i noticeable usually dives... Luis Suarez, Harry Kane, Raheem Sterling, Antoine Griezmann. Beware of these players when you try to press X or O, these guys usually dive like dolphin.

Yes, friend. A lot of work has been done. Improved shots, passes, dribbling. Animations in general, and the ball selection system It's a pleasure to play. I slightly improved the responsiveness of the game in my gameplay process (PES 2021 Renovation Gameplay Mod Update). It is strange why there is so little information and comments. The game has become much more interesting in many aspects.

Значок Проверено сообществом

I agree with this mate. I did play the new Vanilla.exe and i can definitely sense the AI not playing the usual Tiki Taka ping pong passing game as they approach your penalty area. That was evident few months back.
Now the PES 2021 CPU AI is a lot more smarter. They slow down when they get to your penalty area. Almost get to walking speed. They Dribble. They shield the ball. Look for free team mates. Use skill moves, step overs. It’s fascinating observing the CPU AI in PES.
I'm not sure if Data Pack 7.0 changed this or the new update made some changes.

Although I enjoy the AI behavior, I still feel gameplay for you as a player still sucks in Vanilla. Player stats does not matter. A speedy winger still cant beat average defenders. A technical CAM with 80+ Dribbling and Tight Possession stats still cant dribble past AI defenders.
That is why, I use the Inca's Gold + DEF updated exe - which is updated to 1.7.01. I love the slow pace and now stats do matter. I love another gameplay mod - Liberty 3.4 DT which gave even more freedom while dribbling and running with the ball. But the DT seems broken in lower difficulties the AI becomes easier and also gameplay seems faster which I don't like.
For now I'm enjoying the Inca's Gold + DEF updated exe with vanilla DT.

Last edited:
There's a file named "constant_ballperson.bin" inside efootball 22 gameplay file (dt270_console_all.cpk). This bin file was never found in pes 2019-2021. Maybe, just maybe... this bin file is responsible to make AI more dribble in efootball 22 0.9.0. I think if someone in future could make this file readable to PES 2021, it could be really game changer :THINK:It's just my 2cent though, i could be wrong

Are there any patches (not OF) that are up to date with kits and transfers?
I do not care if they are on this forum or not.
Except Smoke, i really don't like their patches.

There's a file named "constant_ballperson.bin" inside efootball 22 gameplay file (dt270_console_all.cpk). This bin file was never found in pes 2019-2021. Maybe, just maybe... this bin file is responsible to make AI more dribble in efootball 22 0.9.0. I think if someone in future could make this file readable to PES 2021, it could be really game changer :THINK:It's just my 2cent though, i could be wrong
That sounds like it's related to the ball boys around the pitch.

That sounds like it's related to the ball boys around the pitch.
Could be true, but they could just put it inside constant_stadium.bin though 🤔

Surprisingly after new update 0.9.1, it's all tiki-taka, quick passes again.

I wish someone could update gameplay editor so we could see what's inside the file, lol

Are there any patches (not OF) that are up to date with kits and transfers?
I do not care if they are on this forum or not.
Except Smoke, i really don't like their patches.
Probably BMPES Patch, it's paid though but you can get it free on youtube.

Other than that there's UML Mod for Virtuared, it's unofficial update for virtuared patch.

https://evoweb.uk/threads/updated-m...ster-league-extreme-edition-v1-0.86715/unread

But you need to update the kits by yourself.

https://www.konami.com/wepes/2021/eu/en/ps4/topic/game-wepes2021-30612

Konami really trying to force people to play eFootball 2022 by removing PES21 from online stores. What a joke
I thought this only applied only for ps store but it also for PC Steam aswell, lol.

https://www.konami.com/wepes/2021/eu/en/pc/topic/game-wepes2021-30634

To be fair, it happens every year. It's just efootball launch is really really bad so people start to pay attention with this lol.

It does, but this year we do not have game to play like years before and nobody wants to play demo or game with no mods at all for how long, 5, 6, 8 months?
I really can't believe that thy are that dumb.

I thought this only applied only for ps store but it also for PC Steam aswell, lol.

https://www.konami.com/wepes/2021/eu/en/pc/topic/game-wepes2021-30634

To be fair, it happens every year. It's just efootball launch is really really bad so people start to pay attention with this lol.
It is messed up on their part, basically saying eventually you will have to suffer with our crappy new product while we delay the patches and modes over and over. KONAMI is the perfect example of why the saying "dont fix what isnt broken" exists. Not that PES21 doesnt have its flaws, but hell, its playable lol

I believe they do this every year because of licensing issues, not because they want to stick you with the new version only. Each edition of the game has licensing agreements with clubs (and musicians for the soundtrack) that expire.

I believe they do this every year because of licensing issues, not because they want to stick you with the new version only. Each edition of the game has licensing agreements with clubs (and musicians for the soundtrack) that expire.
Yeah this is also a good point

I assume the truth is somewhere in the middle, and they may choose the minimum duration for license contracts, cause EA keeps the football games of the last 5 years.

Hi, just downloaded smoke patch v4 with most of his siders which makes pes21 so much more enjoyable. My question is do you guys know where can I download a tactics patch for fluid formations like Klashmans tactics? Thanks

Hi guys,

I try to find how can I remove a player from the game (for exemple a retired player).
Is there a way to do so?

Thanks for help.

Anyone like me finding the game too easy when u play league mode? I m winning 3-1 and 4-1 while there s no darn awful mentality value or whatever u wanna call it, the cpu still can be lethal but it s not like ML, it s a better game in league mode, but it s too easy on superstar even

Back
Top Bottom