eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (PC)

I am using VirtuaRed patch and every time I close the game and try to open it sometime later, it gets stuck on the loading screen at the beginning. I have to restart my PC again to get the game working again. Can someone please help me out. Thanks. :)

I am using VirtuaRed patch and every time I close the game and try to open it sometime later, it gets stuck on the loading screen at the beginning. I have to restart my PC again to get the game working again. Can someone please help me out. Thanks. :)

Ask in the patches own thread.

Believe it or not there's some kind of different foul decision (idk how to call it), i've seen it many times. For example if you got elbow outside penalty area, foul will be called however it won't be called if it's inside the box, weird isn't it ?
I do believe it. I've seen the exact same animations called for fouls outside of the box not called in the box. Hence my confusion with Konami's decision to do this.

So after frustratingly watching my AI teammates incapable of defending while playing on professional, I'm actually going to give regular a try. Otherwise I'll have to go back to top player and deal with the AIs ridiculous physical strength has on top player and above.

Thinking about buying a cheap gaming laptop, probably an Acer Nitro 5. What do you guys think? I've heard that modded PES 2021 is pretty easy to run even on a mid tier gaming laptop.

This is a great football game especially modded on PC and with full manual controls, not assisted rubbish, but ... Those bloody referees! They are borderline gamebreaking - easily the worst referees I've ever seen. I've seen horror tackles not even getting a booking, while innocuous collisions result in a foul. I've seen about two penalties given in all the time I've played the game.

Whatever else eFootball does, fixing the referees must be high up on the list. In the meantime, I doubt there's anything the modders have been able to do to improve them at all?

Hi all I'm new to pc version as decided I wanted to get in in the modding potential.

What's the consensus for the best setup mod wise... I play full manual on legendary (on ps4) I assume this will be the same gameplay on pc version. I've download virtuared patch and am thinking of downloading the ultimate masterleague patch as well... is that two good choices?

Gameplay wise I was looking for a patch to reduce the scripting so the game feels mode natural - is there any consensus on the best gameplay patch, I still want a challenge. Will be used on legendary.

Basically looking for advice for the must use mods. Thanks in advance.

Sounds like a good plan (virtuared + ultimate ML).
As for the scripting, @incas36 golden .exe deals with superboosted team spirit for AI, give it a go
Thanks a lot Master! If i remember well time ago you asked me if DFE has team spirit tweaks like GOLDEN and i answered not. So i though that maybe a mix GOLDEN-DFE could be a good idea. May I ask you what do you think about? Thanks again for you appreciation.

Didn't have much time to play or test many gameplays, your DFE included.
I stayed with golden, since without it team spirit ruins ML for me.

Many have praised your DFE, so Dfe+golden blend might be something very special. If you can merge them, go for it :)

Last edited:
Sounds like a good plan (virtuared + ultimate ML).
As for the scripting, @incas36 golden .exe deals with superboosted team spirit for AI, give it a go
Thank you. I might just do that then, see how it goes and then try a gameplay mod. Or can you combine the two. I hate playing against a side bottom of the league and their 63 rated striker becomes a hybrid of Drogba and Henry!!

And every bounce going their way, infuriating!

Didn't have much time to play or test many gameplays, your DFE included.
I stayed with golden, since without it team spirit ruins ML for me.

Many have praisef your DFE, so Dfe+golden blend might be something very special. If you can merge them, go for it :)
Thanks Master! I'll do it soon.

Thank you. I might just do that then, see how it goes and then try a gameplay mod. Or can you combine the two. I hate playing against a side bottom of the league and their 63 rated striker becomes a hybrid of Drogba and Henry!!

And every bounce going their way, infuriating!

Combining gameplay mods is not guaranteed - some gp mods include only modded .exe, some include only modded contents of dt18, some include both. The thing is - you can have only one of each active simultaneously - the most creative combos that actually can work would include one .exe from modder X and one dt18 from modder Y

Hello guys, can you help me?
I played master league pes 2021 and change the year season to 2021 with starting year tool. But when i choose 1st transfer window disabled, the transfer window still running/working. How to fix that?

As predominantly a console player and hating the game. I play PES 5 & 6 on pc but my pc is very poor.
Reading threads I convinced myself a patch PES 21 would do the trick.
I downloaded the Holland PES 6 patch and I am considering the Virtua Red patch and master league patch.
Does anyone have a preferred gameplay patch ?
Cheers

As predominantly a console player and hating the game. I play PES 5 & 6 on pc but my pc is very poor.
Reading threads I convinced myself a patch PES 21 would do the trick.
I downloaded the Holland PES 6 patch and I am considering the Virtua Red patch and master league patch.
Does anyone have a preferred gameplay patch ?
Cheers
So you're gonna try PES 2021 on your crappy computer? Let know how that works out. I'm trying the same apl

So you're gonna try PES 2021 on your crappy computer? Let know how that works out. I'm trying the same apl
Yeah; it works fine. Little bit if frame rate drop but I can deal with that. I think it might be fixable with settings.
Downloaded all the virtual red mods but I ended up with not enough disc space. Will try again tonight.

I suppose it depends what a crappy computer is but I have boot camp on a Mac and it’s definitely not designed for gaming.

don t anyone convince me that the awful awful cpu cheating that happens in master league, or the handicap or whatever u wanna call it, stops after 2 season in ML, im in my fourth season with barcelona, and still my spanish super cup game against real is unplayable, totally unplayable because of the handicap, and how slow and dumb my players have become for just this match, this has to stop, i ve heard people here defending the game and always finding some excuse to say that the game is playable in ML, sorry, NOooo , it is not playable, don t convince me otherwise with cheap excuses...shame seriously how this game becomes totally bad when u play these handicapped games vs a top opponent.
i don t really see how anyone would be even remotely excited to update the kits and stuff in this game, when the game only good when u play it vs a friend, and that s it, the game is totally bad in ML, and i always bought pes to play ML, it was never like this in PES 3,4,5,6, never, the individuality is not evident anymore, before, it was a joy to play with ronaldinho, or messi, in this game, they feel totally like normal players, there s no individuality....!!! this is a big big concern for the franchise, i have to say evidently, that i enjoy playing PES 3,4,5,6 more than this game, and im saying it with disappointment...
i only download some gameplay mods from time to time
play a couple of matches until some stupid shit happens

nowadays with the mods you can find the best bet its to play pes 2017 with nesa exe and some dt
in pes 2017 the script still its malleable and you can play around it, if you reload the save at most in 3 tries you can win some games. Unlike pes 2019/2020/2021

i tried everything incas/holland/etc pes 2019/2020/2021
at some point something happens that makes me cringe and alt + f4 this unplayable shit

Played a bit of FIFA 22 over the last few days and while it's a good game for a FIFA, I'm going to arrange with a local tradesman to install a protective glass dome over PES 2021 immediately.

I'm one of those strange people who thinks PES2021 is not only one of the best editions of the series, but arguably THE best ('arguably' here just means it's one of the candidates; of course PES5 is THE best and always will be).

As ever there is plenty of 'oh how can you love a football game in which X, Y and Z regularly happens?' – in which X, Y and Z are perfectly reasonable reasons to dislike a footy game, or a PES edition.

I wouldn't argue with somebody else's taste. But I also wouldn't allow somebody else's taste to alter my own, and for me PES2021 is a great PES game. Even the vanilla console version is a cut above almost anything else.

Most of my time on the PC has been with Virtua Red and really, what else do we need? even if eFootball is moddable to the same extent as our traditional PC versions of PES have been, an era has ended and PES2021 is the last of that era. I've played the absolute arse off PES2021 and it looks like I will do for a long time to come.

Played a bit of FIFA 22 over the last few days and while it's a good game for a FIFA, I'm going to arrange with a local tradesman to install a protective glass dome over PES 2021 immediately.

I'm one of those strange people who thinks PES2021 is not only one of the best editions of the series, but arguably THE best ('arguably' here just means it's one of the candidates; of course PES5 is THE best and always will be).

As ever there is plenty of 'oh how can you love a football game in which X, Y and Z regularly happens?' – in which X, Y and Z are perfectly reasonable reasons to dislike a footy game, or a PES edition.

I wouldn't argue with somebody else's taste. But I also wouldn't allow somebody else's taste to alter my own, and for me PES2021 is a great PES game. Even the vanilla console version is a cut above almost anything else.

Most of my time on the PC has been with Virtua Red and really, what else do we need? even if eFootball is moddable to the same extent as our traditional PC versions of PES have been, an era has ended and PES2021 is the last of that era. I've played the absolute arse off PES2021 and it looks like I will do for a long time to come.

Same unpopular opinion. But I still have hope for Efootball, otherwise PES2020/21 will be a timely classic for a while

Yep, unpopular opinion for sure, but without any doubt in my mind pes2021 season update for pc (with the mods) is the best football game to date. Best animations (although lacking variety after so much play) and ball physics to date.
Fifa 22 next gen's animations (transitions of movement and inparticular running animations) has reinforced my dislike for fifa games in general - had a look at some 60fps clips on youtube, and although presentation wise fifa 22 is very good, its the animations with movement that are the biggest turn off. Wont be getting it, trying it, purely because fifa cannot get the basics right. Heaps of animations yeah, but watching the gameplay run, the players move so unnaturally, and the running animations are absolutely pathetic. How this doesnt bother more peeps really surprises me. While slightly changing running direction, its like the legs and bottom half stay the same (ugly animations to begin with), and the upper body just doesnt match it. And all these little animations.. so quick.. too much player movement.. just looks pathetic to me.. . I got my partner to watch some of my pes21 videos and then fifa22 next gen (the decent clips on youtube), and she thinks pes21 looks way more natural. Its always good to show a non-football fan, who doesnt play games, which one looks more realistic and why. Like me, she think pes21 does the basic animations much better.. kinda like a less = more philosophy. Makes me wish that konami had a sepearate team that purely worked on gradually improving pes21, just adding bits at a time, like animations etc, and player ai and positioning.. and variety. A next gen version of pes21 with increased animations/variations and improved graphics/lighting would kick some major asses

Anyways, ill give efootball a shot, but I firmly believe pes21 will still be my go to game for atleast the next 4-6 months. With efootball, its the first time in my life that im not excited about the release. My hope would be the for the following:

1) eFootball succeeds as a growing game like many indie games out there eg. 'full ace tennis simulator', where the original version is constantly updated and built on based on constant feedback (meaning no yearly release, but about 3-4 major updates to the actual game code throughout the year).. not just the basic updates/patches you get in a yearly version.

or

2) eFootball gets such a negative backlash, meaning a big loss for Konami, and they go back to the drawing board using Pes21 as the base for the future releases.

Anyways, rock on pes21 season update ;)

Just got the game on PC. Are there any lightweight 2021-2022 patches with updated rosters and kits? Not looking to completely overhaul the game but I am looking for a grass mod because the lime pitches in the vanilla game are horrendous.

There can be no such thing as the perfect game, because when you're condensing 90 minutes into 10, there are hundreds of balancing acts to do.

Do you make it a little bit faster so that more can be crammed in, or keep it to a realistic pace and make the midfield more open so you can actually create chances? Do you make a game with ~20 shots per match (to match real-life stats and so "more happens"), or make a satisfying midfield slog where you only get a few chances each per match (which means a ton of 0-0s, which isn't actually realistic)? Etc. etc. etc...

So there will always be football games where "X, Y and Z regularly happens". It's sad that someone has to defend the fact that they like a game.

Every football game has faults. The modern ones more so, because when you make a 4K football game, anything that's slightly off looks (or feels) WAY off, and what would have been fine on the old PlayStation becomes "the most disgusting lazy code since 'HELLO WORLD' on the BBC Micro".

It´s interesting that PES 2021 was actually very close to be perfect, as just a handfull of changes were necessary to get there.
I would be very happy if they:
1 - removed TS completely, and maybe reinforce the individual player chemistry effect when he joins our club.
2 - work on referees, as it´s clear they can spot fouls, but on too many situations they ignore them so the CPU can get away without cards and penalties.
3 - remove the "deep defensive line" nonsense and increase the CPU/human error on situations were pressure is higher, specially on lower rating teams.

That should do it.

Back
Top Bottom