eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (PC)

hi all, I'm fairly new to PES on the PC. Tried a few gameplay mods but decided to go back to the vanilla. Had a backup and reinstalled it - presuming I hadn't overwritten the backup at any point. Just in case I verified through steam - im using virtuared and sider. Does that mean I'm definitely back to vanilla gameplay if i've verified on steam?

I ask because ive started a masterleague on legendary FUMA on the pc - and it seems a lot - lot easier than the same level on the PS4. The scripting doesn't seem anywhere near as severe - and its so much more responsive than on the ps4. I can actually compete against the best teams straight away.

Whereas on ps4 it was such a battle to win a game against any team. Seems the PC version is much easier and less script affected than the ps4
Yep. Tbf, you dont need to always verify your game on steam. Just backup your original steam files (exe or dt18), once you get bored with gameplay mod, just put it back to original place.

About ps4, sorry i cant comment on that, since i dont own them. Anyway, welcome to evoweb.

Joshua Kimmich (especially in National Team) probably the most aggresive player i've ever seen. Everytime i face this guy, dude very often got yellow, tackles everywhere ! XD.

Anyone got some weird player in recent pes ?
I just played Italy vs Germany and he got a yellow card, and then a warning for what might have been a second yellow... Maybe it's the Fighting Spirit skill?

Has anyone ever encountered the "GPU doesn't support Shaders 5.0" error? Used to work fine till I reinstalled windows. Now game won't boot up. :(

I just played Italy vs Germany and he got a yellow card, and then a warning for what might have been a second yellow... Maybe it's the Fighting Spirit skill?
Honestly idk, i don't pay attention that much with player attributes.

Another player which i find hard to get dribbled are Mats Hummels & Nicklas Sule, dude like freaking TANK ! I swear these germans are built different :D
Has anyone ever encountered the "GPU doesn't support Shaders 5.0" error? Used to work fine till I reinstalled windows. Now game won't boot up. :(
Try this one ?

Kimmich was an axe murderer for me in PES 2017 too tbf.

Been watching some of @Matt10 ML vids recently, and honestly it has me considering trying regular or pro difficulty. My only thing is do I give manual shooting another go. I actually like advanced shooting when using the player cam, but my fixed cursor player is so good at this point that I'd probably score every shot on target if I stuck to advanced shooting on a lower difficulty lol

The other thing I have a problem with is finesse shots on manual shooting doesn't seem to work at all.

I feel like a lower difficulty might bring teammate and opposition AI to a more balanced more realistic place.

I forgot another player, it's Verrati, dude has the same mentallity like Kimmich, lol.

Also daniel wass from Valencia, this guy is everywhere on midfield !

Pretty much sums up referee in PES 2021

M6Cnwzw.jpg

I wish one day, someone could find or even fix referee problem.

I forgot another player, it's Verrati, dude has the same mentallity like Kimmich, lol.

M6Cnwzw.jpg

FYI, most of @Holland gameplay mods fix the fouls issue.

M6Cnwzw.jpg

Ι strongly believe that it is a designers choise, call it as you like, make game more challenging, artificial difficulty, scripting, handicap, biased CPU, whatever. It is to easy to figure it out, cause every time you get an elbow in the face without foul calling, your player is strongly complaining, the match commentator (at least even in Greek terrible commentary, mentions that it should be a foul) and the crowd, if you are the home team ,is booing and whislting.

SO if that AI can detect a foul, the referee that is dictated by the same AI, could also detect it easily.

Note: Of course the collision detection is terrible is some instances, but in times like the above i mentioned, everybody in the stadium "witnesses" what's happening, except for the referee.

Last edited:
FYI, most of @Holland gameplay mods fix the fouls issue.
Holland is doing a good job with his gameplay mod, what i meant was the referee strictness. If ref being fair, fouls could increase through the roof. Too many uncalled foul by ref.

Ι strongly believe that it is a designers choise, call it as you like, make game more challenging, artificial difficulty, scripting, handicap, biased CPU, whatever. It is to easy to figure it out, cause every time you get an elbow in the face without foul calling, your player is strongly complaining, the match commentator (at least even in Greek terrible commentary, mentions that it should be a foul) and the crowd, if you are the home team ,is booing and whislting.

SO if that AI can detect a foul, the referee that is dictated by the same AI, could also detect it easily.

Note: Of course the collision detection is terrible is some instances, but in times like the above i mentioned, everybody in the stadium "witnesses" what's happening, except for the referee.
Honestly i'm fifty-fifty with all scripting stuff, at one point i don't believe it and again it's hard to ignore there's some kind of handicap towards the player by the game. I feel like judging by replays or videos are not enough, if someone manage to find a line of code inside the game i probably believe it.

In PES 2017 every elbow to the face or stepping on foot inside the box, you'll get a foul or even penalty. PES 2020/21 is different, these kind of fouls are not being called. Same foul, same animation different judgement, i just don't understand. Also the ref takes too long to blow the whiste once player got fouled, really different treatment when AI got that.

I decided to keep playing this as my main football game fix until there's something better.

I'm not buying a PS5 yet, maybe till it starts snowing like crazy here in the great white north, so no FIFA until then, no point, its the same old shit on PS4/PC

This is a classic, a flawed classic like PES 2013, not a good as that game was but up there with some of the best in the series.

I decided to keep playing this as my main football game fix until there's something better.

I'm not buying a PS5 yet, maybe till it starts snowing like crazy here in the great white north, so no FIFA until then, no point, its the same old shit on PS4/PC

This is a classic, a flawed classic like PES 2013, not a good as that game was but up there with some of the best in the series.

In the same boat, kept playing this game with mods. urge for a Football fix is a bit lower anyways after seeing efootball & fifa, so il manage

What do you think is the most realistic difficulty? What difficulty makes the AI feel the most human like?

Curious about your opinions.

What do you think is the most realistic difficulty? What difficulty makes the AI feel the most human like?

I've always been playing on Legend, with incas' and lewpop's gameplay mods. This is one of the most realistic imo, ai is not impossible to defeat but can still whoop my ass if i'm careless

The game defaults to 24Hz on my monitor and there's no way to change it. Does anyone have a fix that doesn't involve playing in windowed mode?

I've tried PES2021 a few days ago, fueled by Matt's and Knight's videos, for the first time ever and was pleasantly surprised. Playing on lower difficulties, on manual controls and with Virtuared patch it plays really really nice. To the point I didn't expect from the late PES game.

My one and only serious grip now is the lack of fouls (although to be fair some matches are pretty ok in that regard, but others end with zeros for both teams). Do you know if there's any gameplay mod that fixes that even somewhat? Is it @Holland 's one? I'm looking to replace/modify as few files as possible and don't want to introduce any arcade elements into the game.

First of all i am on console (Sorry guys, didn't notice it is the PC topic) so what i post is without mods.

Although the difficulty levels have different zoning in 2020-21, IE the Superstar on 2020-21 where i play, is like the middle of TP-SS in PES 2018-2019, ufortunatelly, I can't survive in SS in 2018-2019.

From previous experience the most human i remember was PROFFESIONAL difficulty, very good flow, very good and human football, the problem is it becomes very toothless after a while. Especially as soon as your teams improves, it becomes "unchallenging".

And in your case, that you play BAL/fixed cursor IIRC, i assume it will nerf a lot your teamates AI controlled players in the modern 2020 and 2021, where the CPU suffers at general in comparison to 2018, the more when it relates to your TEAMATE AI.

This CPU controlled teamates/allies nerfed mentality , i have seen it again in Dragon Ball Xenoverse. You pick Super Vegeta for enemy , and he breaks you to pieces, in the meantime, if you pick Super Vegeta for COM-controller ally, he stands still like a ragdoll.

Disclaim.: Always speaking about ME, user's skill level and adaptability to CPU playstyle, varies from person to person.

Last edited:
First of all i am on console (Sorry guys, didn't notice it is the PC topic) so what i post is without mods.

Although the difficulty levels have different zoning in 2020-21, IE the Superstar on 2020-21 where i play, is like the middle of TP-SS in PES 2018-2019, ufortunatelly, I can't survive in SS in 2018-2019.

From previous experience the most human i remember was PROFFESIONAL difficulty, very good flow, very good and human football, the problem is it becomes very toothless after a while. Especially as soon as your teams improves, it becomes "unchallenging".

And in your case, that you play BAL/fixed cursor IIRC, i assume it will nerf a lot your teamates AI controlled players in the modern 2020 and 2021, where the CPU suffers at general in comparison to 2018, the more when it relates to your TEAMATE AI.

This CPU controlled teamates/allies nerfed mentality , i have seen it again in Dragon Ball Xenoverse. You pick Super Vegeta for enemy , and he breaks you to pieces, in the meantime, if you pick Super Vegeta for COM-controller ally, he stands still like a ragdoll.

Disclaim.: Always speaking about ME, user's skill level and adaptability to CPU playstyle, varies from person to person.

Completely agree about professional level. It is a much more natural game, which I only discovered by playing the CPU matches in myclub.
But then something will happen, like the CPU defense will just stop & let you score an easy goal, which ruins it for me.

I settled on top player since PES 17, because of scripting nonsense that ruins higher levels but with Holland's gameplay mods I moved up to superstar.. legend gets a bit crazy :LOL:

On that note I'm currently in a PES 5 ML on 6 star (legend) and the scripting is still there .. just alot less MORE subtle :COOL: It actually makes me laugh how my centre backs will go for a cup of tea, if I am 2 or 3 nil up. Sometimes when I want a clean sheet I will stop at 3-0 & pass around :LMAO:

Last edited:
Played 3 matched on superstar and by the third, I felt like I was moving through quicksand so that doesn't appear to be the answer for me.

@slamsoze is right about the AI feeling toothless at on lower difficulties; I replayed a ML about 15 times yesterday on multiple difficulties. From regular to superstar. Superstar was promising initially, but then it went back to its usual bs.

I had a really good match on regular where Leicester started on attack mentality and created a lot of chances. Honestly the matches on pro and tp felt like a blur.

I think what I'm going to do is play a few matches on regular, see how they go for a few matches. If it's still way too easy, I'll try pro. And then tp. I'll do that instead of bouncing around with the difficulty.

Idk if it makes sense but it's always felt like whenever you change the difficulty in PES, it takes a few games for it to actually take effect properly. It could be all in my head lol

Probably Top Player.

This might be placebo, i feel like with newest patches, they kinda nerf superstar a bit. Before that i have problem beating SS, but now it's not really a problem, atleast on Exhibition or League mode, or the best possible explanation is i'm getting better. lol :COOL:

I knew someone would have the samething like me, lol. Maybe konami put some black magic in PES 2018/19 SS, lol 🧙‍♂️

Probably Top Player.

This might be placebo, i feel like with newest patches, they kinda nerf superstar a bit. Before that i have problem beating SS, but now it's not really a problem, atleast on Exhibition or League mode, or the best possible explanation is i'm getting better. lol :COOL:

I knew someone would have the samething like me, lol. Maybe konami put some black magic in PES 2018/19 SS, lol 🧙‍♂️
Black magic i don't know. :P
I would say cheap programming. In ML where i play, in 2019 it os a miracle that while the CPU plays worse than 2018, it is more cynical, making the game look ridiculous.

In 2018, they still screw me, but at least they play extraordinary football, like Total Football Netherlands, no matter the opponent is Huddersfield.

That's the reason i can't keep up with that two old games. Made many testing the last month.

Now i am ready to try TP+FuMa, in 2018 & 2019, although i am not pretty convinced, it will improve things a lot, it will just hold me back for a while until i adapt.

After pummeling Burnley for the last few hours, I think I have to go with top player. Question remains on how to get the AI to defend out wide properly.

I don't want CMs being the first players closing down wingers. Marking settings are more a bandaid than a proper fix. Have the full backs man mark wingers and it'll negatively affect the shape of the backline. Have the CMs mark each other and you could negatively affect the overall defensive shape. And having both the FBs marking wingers and CMs marking each other seems like overkill.

There's also the question of whether I should leave the tactical setups of teams alone (I have a custom one) or implement the 5 second fix to see if that improves overall compactness.

I feel like I'm almost close to getting the best experience I can from this game.

Lol and then suddenly i find a deleted youtube video again from like december 2008 and i can rip a low quality version of it.
This is exactly what PES2021 might be for me on all that i say in the title sequence, this sentiment I had after the disastrous PES2008 and onwards.
Its sad but it could very well be the case that PES2021 might live in my football hivemind for a while like PES6 on PC did.

Back
Top Bottom