eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

With the game apparently being 99.9% the same, the only way this game is getting any kind of tweaks is through Data Packs. Which brings me to the conclusion of what if PES 2021 is better than PES 2020 in-terms of how the game feels, responsive wise, and AI wise... where does that leave the people who don't want to pay for an update? It leaves two games that are the same feeling different.

I understand the path they're trying to take for the future, but for the short-term, I just don't understand their approach to at least keep us interested.

https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2020-...-it-at-a-crossroads?__twitter_impression=true

Confirmation the gameplay for pes2021 will be the same as pes2020. Ok bye, se you all sometime in 2021!
Are they going to charge FULL price for this update? Konami are jokers, they've lost the plot completely.

The issue is - and I go back to this a lot so apologies for repeating myself but:- when you've got hoardes of kids on Twitter begging for new faces and tattoos, Konami now realise that they can release a half arsed game because as long as Pogba has got his latest hair style and Man Utd with their new kit on PES 2021, loads of people will buy it.

The series is done unless you're obsessed with faces and myClub. OR you play on PC and mod the hell out of it but most of us just haven't got the time for that.

OR you play on PC and mod the hell out of it but most of us just haven't got the time for that.
to be fair, modding can be pretty easy nowadays, depending on what you are looking for. The awesome and easy-to-install EvoWeb Patch gets you pretty far in terms of content. A ballpack of 250+ balls and authentic competition-specific scoreboards are not hard to add either. I'd say, approx. 1-2 hours to get those all downloaded and installed. Of course, you can go crazy with extra stadiums, etc.. and yes, gameplay tweaks are a different story, altogether, but i'm just saying that modding difficulty varies quite a bit.

https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2020-...-it-at-a-crossroads?__twitter_impression=true

Confirmation the gameplay for pes2021 will be the same as pes2020. Ok bye, se you all sometime in 2021!

I fear everything in PES 2021 will be exactly the same as 2020. I'm hoping for a few cosmetic changes at least, a new background theme (the new 25th anniversary teal instead of purple) and hopefully a new soundtrack. But I think there's every chance these things will remain exactly the same too.

It would appear people are still deadly serious about this...

(And about promoting it.)

With that being the case, and with people genuinely buying multiple digital copies of the same game (which you can't sell on, and obviously you can only play one of them), just for the myClub bonus...

...you've got to think, we're so out of touch with the modern PES player that we'll never get what we want from a football game.

I should have figured it out much sooner. I guess I had more hope than I realised...

With that being the case, and with people genuinely buying multiple digital copies of the same game (which you can't sell on, and obviously you can only play one of them), just for the myClub bonus...

...you've got to think, we're so out of touch with the modern PES player that we'll never get what we want from a football game.

I should have figured it out much sooner. I guess I had more hope than I realised...

People really are preordering several digital copies because of the 3000 coins bonus? You are right, i lost hope.

Konami is not stupid to focus on Myclub, we are the stupid ones thinking offline could again be the focus in the future. It's never going to happen, unless governments regulate lootboxes and coins will become absolutely useless thus leading to Myclub disappearance.

Last edited:
Is it given by now that MyClub is the focus? I mean it is 2020 , can you name me a game mode that is reworked since launch of PES 2015? ML 100% same, Online Divisions 100% same, offline modes 100% same.

Coop that was introduced in 2018, keeps to mix MyClub teams with real life club encounters, so it is basically another MyClub spin-off.
Matchday that introduced this year, also a MyClub spin-off.

Is n't it still clear that everything is about MyClub?

Wait, Project 11 is something new outside MC...!!!!! :) :D :P :LOL::LMAO:

I have already installed Unity dont worry. :LMAO:

Konami confirmed that themselves when they bloody announced it! Yet we are about to have exactly this post about 1200 times from now and until, and after, the 2021 opdate comes out.

They did? If you mean that they didn't mention any gameplay changes then yes but given their history of not telling ANYTHING about the things they change I think it's quite resonable for people to hope that somethings would have been changed. Also; calm down.

I recommend offline players to try myClub.

I'm an offline player since ISS PRO 98. I usually play league mode offline or Master League.
A few days ago I decided to try MyClub and I think I was wrong about this mode. I'll tell you my thoughs since It's been a real discovery for me:

- I don't play online matches.
- I don't buy coins.
- I play myClub offline and I enjoying the gameplay. No need to play online matches.
- I pay salaries and buy new players only with GP (EXP points), no need to buy coins, only play games to earn GP.
- myClub it's like a JRPG. You start to love your players, you play matches to earn GP (EXP points) and use them to improve the abilities of the players.
- The gameplay with the default players is awful. You have to be patient and play a lot of matches to make a team with 70-80 average players.
- IMPORTANT: This mode it's interesting once you achieve the professional level playing against COM, until then the gameplay against regular teams is boring.
- The gameplay on professional level vs COM it's amazing, like the demo or vanilla, randomness, more responsive controls, the ball is better than in the rest of modes. I think this is the best mode to play offline, the most realistic gameplay, once you reach professional level.

I hope you enjoy this mode. Can't wait to start myClub on PES 2021.

I'm an offline player since ISS PRO 98. I usually play league mode offline or Master League.
A few days ago I decided to try MyClub and I think I was wrong about this mode. I'll tell you my thoughs since It's been a real discovery for me:

- I don't buy coins.
- I play myClub offline and I enjoying the gameplay. No need to play online matches.
- I pay salaries and buy new players only with GP (EXP points), no need to buy coins, only play games to earn GP.
- myClub it's like a JRPG. You start to love your players, you play matches to earn GP (EXP points) and use them to improve the abilities of the players.
- The gameplay with the default players is awful. You have to be patient and play a lot of matches to make a team with 70-80 average players.
- IMPORTANT: This mode it's interesting once you achieve the professional level playing against COM, until then the gameplay against regular teams is boring.
- The gameplay on professional level vs COM it's amazing, like the demo or vanilla, randomness, more responsive controls, the ball is better than in the rest of modes. I think this is the best mode to play offline, the most realistic gameplay, once you reach professional level.

You are too fresh, that's why you see things like this. I am doing what you describe the last 4 games (since PES 2017). It fast becomes dull cause it has very little content, except for the one or three VScom competitions once per week, and the VS COM match, there is not anything else to do. After a month or two it becomes out of purpose. Do it next PES from September and on November come and tell me your review about it, you will understand what i mean.

It could be a viable alternative what you suggest, if they had implemented more things to do, like whole VS COM leagues, since they have so much licensed leagues, IE you take part i the Danish League with your team, or a Master League spin-off inside MyClub.

Finally it can work as an alternative mode, or only as a substitute. Does not include the immersion of seasons passing, players growing old, CL,EL, Libertadores , Fifa club world cup, NT teams.

But all in all , i would love to play besides ML, in this was you describe, if it had tons more content of the already existing cups and leagues of the game.

I have already installed Unity dont worry. :LMAO:
If you are serious then you might want to sign up to the beta of this animation software;
https://cascadeur.com/

It just opened a couple of weeks ago and you get to keep the final beta version and use it for free even when the beta ends.

I've been doing a few tutorials in Unity but a full football game is way above a beginner's skill level so don't get too optimistic :D.

- I don't buy coins.

I play Myclub the same way, (offline, not buying coins and manual), although I mainly play Master League (default players, championship team).
It's not bad for a change, but my main gripe is that it's too easy to build a superstar team even without buying coins.
There's not an awful lot else to do, but I have wondered whether the mode could be expanded and improved to cater also for ML/offline/non coin buying players, but if that meant the death of ML itself, then I wouldn't be in favour of it. Some kind of online trading could be good, but I'm not sure how that could be implemented.
Sadly though I can't see ML changing radically in the future.
The rise in online play has resulted in lucrative Loot Boxes for publishers, often at the expense of computer AI development. Publishers make stacks of money from Loot Boxes, and don't need to cater much for players who want to play against the CPU. Before online play, that's what computer gaming was all about.
Bearing in mind the limited computing power of the day, the AI could be surprisingly good, and I'd always thought that it could only improve as the computing power increased, but online play has effectively stifled development in my view.
Computer gaming started out as more of a cottage industry run by enthusiasts, but quickly developed into something run by a handful of big corporations, and sadly we have to be realistic in our expectations in the light of that.

Came across this last week

It's a file for PS4 that gives you all the legends for use in offline. There's around 100 or so so you can make a decent amount of squads out of it.

Created a few different squads consisting of some of my old favourites, put some retro kits in and just been playing exhibition matches against the AI for the past week (FUMA). It's been ok I guess, some good and bad moments.. but it's pretty cool being able to play with these guys in an offline environment.

Breaking News:

Pes Official Partners Barcelona train using eFootball Pes 2020 in prep for Bayern CL clash!

(The Pes game we get) Barcelona 2 - 8 Bayern Munich (The Pes game we want)

Complete scripting from start to finish. Messi dribbling like Stewart downing. Busquets turning like a bus. Whole team playing in mud while ai Bayern constant pressure. Can’t even get out my own half. Had it with this game. As soon as the got the 2nd then 3rd my team just crumble. 4th happened because can’t even make simple 5 yard pass. Utter rubbish. 8-2. I want simulation not ten goals a game against cheating script

Complete scripting from start to finish. Messi dribbling like Stewart downing. Busquets turning like a bus. Whole team playing in mud while ai Bayern constant pressure. Can’t even get out my own half. Had it with this game. As soon as the got the 2nd then 3rd my team just crumble. 4th happened because can’t even make simple 5 yard pass. Utter rubbish. 8-2. I want simulation not ten goals a game against cheating script
:WORSHIP:

And i felt kinda bad when I won 4:0 against Barca the other day.
We all know better now. 😂

Back
Top Bottom