eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

The only way I will buy PES 21 on PS4 is if they bring back an option you can manually pick the team you wish to import over like they have in previous veraions.

For instance, I don't care about ML or Leagues, I need clubs for my custom leagues. And I would like to import lots of Eastern European Clubs. So Asian leagues are perfect for that.

And I will wait price to drop on bare minimum.

On PC, I really don't see the point buying the same game twice

The only way I will buy PES 21 on PS4 is if they bring back an option you can manually pick the team you wish to import over like they have in previous versions.

For instance, I don't care about ML or Leagues, I need clubs for my custom leagues. And I would like to import lots of Eastern European Clubs. So Asian leagues are perfect for that.

And I will wait price to drop on bare minimum.

On PC, I really don't see the point buying the same game twice

Personally, even if they were giving PES 2021 away for free it wouldn't be enough incentive to get it, not with the current state the gameplay is in.

so if it is just a patched version of 20 - does that mean there will be no gameplay patches throughout the year? Im also assuming there is no demo

That time of the year again when all the "ill pass this year" "ill wait till next year" "im not falling for their trap again" comments are everywhere.

Like you are making a threat, i dont think anyone cares if you buy it or not

Normally during this time, mid August we play the demo saying how much better gameplay is, praying for them not to destroy it with final game or first patch, but this year everything is different.

This patching thing should be regulated by third party companies... To me it makes no sense that we are paying a product that will change throughout the year without our permission. It´s been clear that at least on offline modes, PES has changed for worse with patches. They show you a product that was quite good, and after we pay for it, it starts transforming in something else, and we can´t do a thing about it. So probably for me, I think I won´t spend any money with them again until I have the option to keep the current version of the game, because thats what I paid for.

This patching thing should be regulated by third party companies... To me it makes no sense that we are paying a product that will change throughout the year without our permission. It´s been clear that at least on offline modes, PES has changed for worse with patches. They show you a product that was quite good, and after we pay for it, it starts transforming in something else, and we can´t do a thing about it. So probably for me, I think I won´t spend any money with them again until I have the option to keep the current version of the game, because thats what I paid for.
afair, in the footy united podcast they had that analogy of a pack of chocolate cookies you bought and put in the shelve, only to notice (when you take them out again after a week) they turned into vanilla cookies! not that far off, imo!

congratulations on the thousands post here in this thread @Ameppe! :)
tenor.gif

If you keep the Ps4 always offline you can easily avoid patches. Problem is Pes patches also have database updates so you are forced with launch version outdated rosters.

afair, in the footy united podcast they had that analogy of a pack of chocolate cookies you bought and put in the shelve, only to notice (when you take them out again after a week) they turned into vanilla cookies! not that far off, imo!

congratulations on the thousands post here in this thread @Ameppe! :)
tenor.gif

Nice :LOL:

:D

Or you buy a Ford Focus, then they call if back into the garage to make adjustments and return it to you as a children's go-cart.

After trying Pes 20 again compared to the latest FIFA patch Pes is dreadful , just end to end attack and defend with no midfield. If they aren't going to change anything gameplay wise they could at least give single players a patch selctor to go backwards. I know it's not forced but you pay 35 quid ish for a good game, they improve it , then make it ongoingly worse over 6 months then expect you to pay again for an even more inferior product with reduced licences

After trying Pes 20 again compared to the latest FIFA patch Pes is dreadful , just end to end attack and defend with no midfield.
Serious question (without comparisons because this is NOT the thread)...

How do you think you were absolutely loving it before but now you're suddenly just not? I know you've played FIFA, but PES was the same game then as it is now - and you've gone from loving it to hating it. It's not changed (not a great deal anyway)!

(And you were loving it big-time - close to fanboy levels, and I don't mean that in a shitty way, I just mean you were really enjoying it!)

What you describe there, PES 20 was always like that (even from vanilla).

I find it really fascinating how huge gameplay shortcomings can be blatant to some, which others completely don't see and aren't bothered by - and it's really rare that someone starts off on one side of that argument and then completely flips to the other side! I'm intrigued!

How do you think you were absolutely loving it before but now you're suddenly just not? I know you've played FIFA, but PES was the same game then as it is now - and you've gone from loving it to hating it. It's not changed (not a great deal anyway)!

(And you were loving it big-time - close to fanboy levels, and I don't mean that in a shitty way, I just mean you were really enjoying it!)

I find it really fascinating how huge gameplay shortcomings can be blatant to some, which others completely don't see and aren't bothered by - and it's really rare that someone starts off on one side of that argument and then completely flips to the other side! I'm intrigued!
Na na na... :NONO: don’t you drag the #vanillanutters in here! ;)

I still see a difference to vanilla in regards to midfield, end to end, ball physics, player movement, AI pattern, balls physics, overall speed...

If you keep the Ps4 always offline you can easily avoid patches.

How bonkers would it be though to keep your console always offline just to enjoy ONE game without patches? Like that's mad to me.

A lot of games (not PES, clearly...!) have post-launch patches that clean up and fix a lot of launch bugs - I'd really hate to have to limit myself to never having my PS4 online just to enjoy vanilla PES.

Yeah not comparing , there's definitely a difference since patches ..the one before Xmas I remember having 12 fouls one game , numerous penalties and it felt heavier .. now it's pass to the wings and bypass all the midfield with 1 or 2 passes.fouls virtually non existent and penalties I haven't seen since patch after Xmas . I think the fouls broke the play up making it feel there was at least some battles going on . Vanilla is better than current but the earlier patches were better still . Maybe by just focusing on PES I came blind to the issues until is stepped away and then come back in ..not sure ..you are right though I was a 43 yr old fanboy when it came out

Pes brand manager Robbye Ron said in a interview that gameplay will be 99,9% the same. I was expecting that they would make better referees and physical battles, fix the game speed and increase player awareness, but it seems impossible now.

As crazy as it sounds - id probably pay 30quid if they released Pes21 with a demo code from Pes20. I know it wasnt perfect, but fuck me sideways - how I miss tons of fouls and real skills required to tackle!

With all its flaws - Pes20 demo was by far the closest to what I want from a football game.

I'm like a broken record about patching but almost every time I read anything about PES that bee gets right back in the bonnet.

What is PES 2020 gameplay? How many iterations were there? Nine? Demo, release and seven patches?

If they pick up where they left off (DP8) I'm not interested. If it's released like it was about midway through its run (maybe DP4 or DP5) I'm in.

Will they be focused so intently on PES 2022 that they won't patch it? Or as frequently?

It could be a turd on release, ignored, but then patched into a decent game worth buying. See the people who hated 2020 in all its forms? They're the lucky ones.

See the people who hated 2020 in all its forms? They're the lucky ones.
I might be lucky so! :LOL:
I hated it in all its forms after initial patch.
Nothing ever got close to the demo feeling.

Which could be an interesting experiment. They had tons of people shouting throughout the year to bring back the demo, from both offline and online crowd.
Code is there, they are not planning to release any new gameplay, so they could go - "here ya go - thats what you were shouting for. Good luck.".

One can dream.. :LOL:

As crazy as it sounds - id probably pay 30quid if they released Pes21 with a demo code from Pes20. I know it wasnt perfect, but fuck me sideways - how I miss tons of fouls and real skills required to tackle!

With all its flaws - Pes20 demo was by far the closest to what I want from a football game.

We can say for certain that Konami doesn't share the same view. Or they wouldn't have changed/patched the game in the first place.

(Personally I don't even think that the demo is that much of a different/better game, but that's a different argument for another day).

Agree 1000%!!!!! Unfortunately I'm on PC so no disk for us PC owners. Like you I should pay even 40 euros for a pes 21 with the demo gp.

Back
Top Bottom