eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Guys i need some help here, from anyone that is interested to save PES2020 editing wise. As I am speaking with KONAMI support and having limited time and just one more PS profile to reproduce the bug.
Can one more confirm me if the edit mode is bugged after applying the latest live update?

How to do the test:

Apply live update
Go edit mode/edit player, try to edit David Luis in Arsenal, and any fake player in Mexico, USA National Teams. Tell me if you see the live update added warning.

Guys i need some help here, from anyone that is interested to save PES2020 editing wise. As I am speaking with KONAMI support and having limited time and just one more PS profile to reproduce the bug.
Can one more confirm me if the edit mode is bugged after applying the latest live update?

How to do the test:

Apply live update
Go edit mode/edit player, try to edit David Luis in Arsenal, and any fake player in Mexico, USA National Teams. Tell me if you see the live update added warning.
Send me a privat reminder tonight (6pm cet) please and I’ll fire up 2020 for you to recreate that! Will let you know.

Checked out the latest update. Game is still horrific.
- Direct freekicks are OP
- Cpu player id is non existent. Cpu tactical decisions are still non existent. Just remove the offline mode from 2021 and 2022 if you dont care about it.

These are gamebreakers. I highly advise everyone not to buy PES2021 with the "award winning gameplay" as thats just gives them reinforced ideas what 2022 should be.

Great display of the lack of passing and shooting error in nowdays game. Even with the contextual shooting and passing in 2020.
Some of us are on manual.. and what you are seeing is the goals, when they click, the game is 90 minutes mate, or next time should i show when we mess up the passing?

Ha ha,id fucking rage quit if I got scored on like that,100%

you clearly have never played online, have you?

of course i can see the beauty in these goals, but they are so rare in real life that you remember when you see one.
In PES, you can do this many times every match if you want to.

Fifa has a similar problem with this and also regarding acrobatic finishes, it's ridiculous to see a couple overhead kick goals every match

Some of us are on manual.. and what you are seeing is the goals, when they click, the game is 90 minutes mate, or next time should i show when we mess up the passing?

"Some". But there are many instances in that clip where the player torso faces one way and he can pass with accuracy and strength to the opposite way :LMAO: In the PS2 PES games you cant string together more than 4-5 one touch passes and that only as well with high class players once in a while, which made these goals worthwhile. Nowdays i can go in PES and do this with Millwall at any time without breaking a sweat.

As for manual anyways. Thats a totally different game.

"Some". But there are many instances in that clip where the player torso faces one way and he can pass with accuracy and strength to the opposite way :LMAO: In the PS2 PES games you cant string together more than 4-5 one touch passes and that only as well with high class players once in a while, which made these goals worthwhile. Nowdays i can go in PES and do this with Millwall at any time without breaking a sweat.

As for manual anyways. Thats a totally different game.
Well this is 2020, we are using the tools the game is giving us, dk what you want us to do there

Well this is 2020, we are using the tools the game is giving us, dk what you want us to do there
That's the entire point of his post - that stuff isn't there. Isn't that a huge problem?

We want the game to be better and to have that error @gabe.paul.logan is talking about, and that's why we find it absurd that someone takes the time to post every day about how great the game is, considering the flaws.

(I'm glad you're enjoying the game, in-fact I'm jealous of that, and of being able to play in a club with others online - but to say stuff like "game of the century" when there are such huge, fundamental flaws when comparing to games 10+ years old... Well...)

you clearly have never played online, have you?

of course i can see the beauty in these goals, but they are so rare in real life that you remember when you see one.
In PES, you can do this many times every match if you want to.

Fifa has a similar problem with this and also regarding acrobatic finishes, it's ridiculous to see a couple overhead kick goals every match
Have quite a few games on pro clubs (FIFA)
And yeah that's ridiculous.
On the other hand there's good online gaming too,I play a lot of NHL online in a league with dedicated players who loves hockey,and it should be the ane if you set up a league for Pes

Yes agree with what Chris replied to you. The games nowdays are more simple and thus more easy(on assisted). Its just not enjoyable for me either not having any risk and reward in my decisions in PES anymore. The game changed and changed its target audiance.
And once again i wish i could enjoy and get into any new footy game let it be PES or FIFA just like you.
Those are nice team goals but i think highlights one of the lost identity remarks of PES.

ML is stupid over scripted bullshit!!!!! When you play exhibition matches it's very fun. I play today both and when i play play ML i qu after 2 games, it's BULLSHIT,so so so stupid... Lucky are you who's gonna buy that 2021 update :D :D

I want to say i will not be buying it but in the end i will perorder 1 day before launch date
Konami gets the best part of our toxic relationship

How to do the test:

Apply live update
Did it. Same here. Error message keeps coming up.

But it’s like crazy. There is no scheme, Is there?! I can upload a video where I checked several players. It’s weird.

Did it. Same here. Error message keeps coming up.

But it’s like crazy. There is no scheme, Is there?! I can upload a video where I checked several players. It’s weird.
Thanks mate. Totally forgot to PM you, sorry. Yes if you can go on and create a video. AFAIK it is caused due to last Thursday Live Update. Tomorrow I plan to go to my second profile, and break my game live while recording, just to show to KONAMI support, how the error is reproduced. Although it is too risky, cause if they don't plan to fix it, I am stuck with two crapped databases and I loose all my work done this year.

In an ideal world, a Konami support dev, would just boot one of the dozens of ps4 console, they have and check the problem, by himself, but since they want the perfect description of the problem, as I was a 8 years old boy.

BTW today they contacted me again, and asked me links of the websites I installed OF, which I denied, cause I do not trust their intentions, I do not like the insinuating they did in their last patch notes, about malicious Option Files, when we all know that the crashes were caused by PES updates. And I have almost created the 75% of my OF, so technically I tell the truth.
For myy good luck the problem occurs also to USA and Mexico NT fake players, and since I hadn't still edited them, it is self proven that OFs are not responsible for the situation.

Thanks mate. Totally forgot to PM you, sorry. Yes if you can go on and create a video. AFAIK it is caused due to last Thursday Live Update. Tomorrow I plan to go to my second profile, and break my game live while recording, just to show to KONAMI support, how the error is reproduced. Although it is too risky, cause if they don't plan to fix it, I am stuck with two crapped databases and I loose all my work done this year.

In an ideal world, a Konami support dev, would just boot one of the dozens of ps4 console, they have and check the problem, by himself, but since they want the perfect description of the problem, as I was a 8 years old boy.

BTW today they contacted me again, and asked me links of the websites I installed OF, which I denied, cause I do not trust their intentions, I do not like the insinuating they did in their last patch notes, about malicious Option Files, when we all know that the crashes were caused by PES updates. And I have almost created the 75% of my OF, so technically I tell the truth.
For myy good luck the problem occurs also to USA and Mexico NT fake players, and since I hadn't still edited them, it is self proven that OFs are not responsible for the situation.
Such a boring topic...

;)

Last edited:
As it’s

Such a boring topic...

;)
Nice vid pal. I did it again in a video. This time I recreated the bug on purpose. Game edit working pre Live Update and not working after. I will upload it in 15 minutes.
It is the perfect feedback. Next level is take my console and go to Japan and demonstrate it live in the office!! :)

Here we go again. Starting with a PES 2020 that the edit mode works properly, demonstration of how it works, then applying the Live Update and demonstrate how it does not work then!!! :P :P

Bonus Content: unfortunately the PS4 capture does not show the PS keyboard, so check the Player's name , while editing, for subliminal message to the devs!!! I hope this type of feedback is clear enough!! :)

Someone mention online? Haven't touched online play in a soccer game since 2014 when I was in uni and my mate was losing to someone online, who was being obnoxious, so like a proper big bro (because I was everyone's big bro) I took the sticks and put the twat in his place.

Online isn't fun for me. Because when I play a football game, I'm trying to play football. When most people play online, they're trying to play PES or FIFA and not the sport those games attempt to represent. So there's a difference in what they are getting to do vs what I'm trying to do.

When I played online, I cared about having fun more than anything else. People care so much about winning to the point the majority of them will attempt to play the exact same way; whatever the meta says is the best way to win. So it's the masses using PA3, the same 2 or 3 formations, the same attackers, the same ping pong style.

To me, that's not fun. So I stopped bothering. Unfortunately that apparently make me the weird one given all the focus on card collecting modes. I've never liked them. And the one time I gave one a chance (diamond dynasty in mlb the show), I was quickly reminded why I don't bother with them; 3 games against people who tried the same exploit when they batting.

Never again. It just isn't for me.

And just to relax after all this work and make a little bit fun of my friends "UR playing it wrong", "l2p", "git gut" and " you must pull fouls", here is a video clip of PES 2020 or either Mortal Kombat!! :P

And a tribute to my favourite Fei Long from Super Street Fighter II. Pure fun on this, no foul related!!

Last edited:
Finally got around to start a League mode on this after editing Serie A (@klashman69 ) tactics.
And I didn't get cheated playing it.
Passes didn't bounce off me or past me,I did draw quite a lot of free kicks,no magical comeback either.

GamePlay wise Vs 19s league mode,I prefer how lose 19 feels,plus the pace is spot on there.
But this is good enough for me,got both Serie A and BKT
A 0-0 draw at home Vs Atalanta and a 2-1 win Vs Torino on TP 20 min felt pretty damn good.
Guess I'll never return to that mess of a gameplay that is ML.

Thought I’d play this game again after some time away but big mistake. Hot garbage! It’s like the AI got even worse lmao. What on earth is this shite?

Back
Top Bottom